Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Long distance relationships

Old 08-29-03   #1
Faerian
Oidhche Faidhe

Faerian
Credits: 5,314
Long distance relationships

I've been in a relationship for almost 3 years now with a man in another state. We have yet to find a way for either of us to be closer to the other but talk daily either by phone or online. The only problem is that even though I do care for him more than anyone else I keep having thoughts of leaving. I really don't want to but the thoughts keep popping up. (usually when talk of money or family enters the conversation.)

Guess I just wanted to see other peoples veiws on this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-03   #2
icp 4ever in me
Just being me.

icp 4ever in me is on a distinguished road
Credits: 49,938
I was wit sum1 online,but it diff wit me cuz Im only 15 and your prolly like 19 or 20 im assuming,,aiiight but yeah I left many online realationships when i started developing a crush just cuz I know it wont work out.But none of my realataionships tend to work out.
Old 08-29-03   #3
DeirdreMayfair
Dark Mage

DeirdreMayfair is on a distinguished road
Credits: 25,196
make an effort to actually meet the person....talking to someone online and actually having them there in real life makes a huge difference....and you can see alot more...
Old 08-30-03   #4
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
i think its also healthy to meet people in your area as well and might make you feel a little less lonely.
Old 08-30-03   #5
icp 4ever in me
Just being me.

ok..
Old 08-30-03   #6
xDevilz Bitchx
Darkness Incarnate

xDevilz Bitchx is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,193
Dont we already have this thread???? Ya we do!!!! So go find it and read all the pages! Thats ur advice...teehehe!
Old 09-03-03   #7
Jasen
Repent my children

Jasen is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,757
How could you last 3 years like that? Sheesh.. I've done it for 4 months now and I'm getting impatient and angry. Sounds like one of you needs to do something drastic. Either move, or just find someone local. How long are you supposed to wait?

If I haven't found a job before December, I'm just going to quit my job and move anyway. I cannot wait any longer than that to be with her.

Old 09-03-03   #8
icp 4ever in me
Just being me.

i beleive online realationships will only work if ya got da patience.
Old 09-03-03   #9
Faerian
Oidhche Faidhe

Faerian
Yes three years (our anniversary is the winter solstice). He and I have talked of everything from basic relationships of the past all the way to marriage and family. Winds up we're almost perfect mirrors of each other.

I am currently trying/fighting to move closer to him. We're currently on hold with the move because of some property there that is being sold.

As for patience, there's plenty in this relationship. we talk by phone about two to three times a week and talk online almost daily. that and we've both been celebate for a very long time so no problems there.

Good seeing all the different viewpoints as well.

Old 09-04-03   #10
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

well, i wish you the best of luck in whatever happens between the two of you.

ps-just out of curiousity, are you wiccan by any chance?
Old 09-04-03   #11
Faerian
Oidhche Faidhe

Faerian
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflame
ps-just out of curiousity, are you wiccan by any chance?
I'm a chaote techiniqually. And ty

Old 09-04-03   #12
deadbodychick
Bang

deadbodychick is on a distinguished road
Credits: 38,008
online relationships are a joke, most of the time you never actually meet the person. so go out on the town get drunk have a good time
Old 09-04-03   #13
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

that's not always true, there are people who end up getting married who meet online.
Old 09-04-03   #14
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerian
I'm a chaote techiniqually. And ty
there's a couple of people on here that practice that. i was just wondering because a lot of people don't know when the winter equinox is. i practice witchcraft.
Old 09-04-03   #15
Zephirus
Savage Messiah

Zephirus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 193,901
I can say I am on one of those fabled long distance relationships.. it's always strange enough, but we have some sort of connection. she's seeing someone, and I have My little misadventures here and there, but still we look for each other, and we are on the plans to get together in a few months.

for this type of relationships, you have to be open-minded .. and patient.
Old 09-04-03   #16
xDevilz Bitchx
Darkness Incarnate

xDevilz Bitchx is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,193
Mine is fucked...He hates me more then ANYTHING....And i dont even know what i did wrong. I just truly do fucking suck! So i give up on long distance relationships...Hell i give up on relationships period...For a while tho...Long long while... God do i wish i had the power to turn back time.....

You have to be VERY VERY VERY patient and u have to have ALOT of trust in the other person!
Old 09-04-03   #17
Faerian
Oidhche Faidhe

Faerian
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflame
there's a couple of people on here that practice that. i was just wondering because a lot of people don't know when the winter equinox is. i practice witchcraft.
I've been a practicing witch since the age of thirteen yet tried to start learning around the age of five. I'm labeled a chaote because of my practices no other reason. Guess I've calmed enough to be given a label over the years

Old 09-04-03   #18
Faerian
Oidhche Faidhe

Faerian
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodychick
online relationships are a joke, most of the time you never actually meet the person. so go out on the town get drunk have a good time
I actually know several couples that are married after successful online relationships. One of these has been married for over 3 years now in fact.

Old 09-12-03   #19
icp 4ever in me
Just being me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDevilz Bitchx
Mine is fucked...He hates me more then ANYTHING....And i dont even know what i did wrong. I just truly do fucking suck! So i give up on long distance relationships...Hell i give up on relationships period...For a while tho...Long long while... God do i wish i had the power to turn back time.....

You have to be VERY VERY VERY patient and u have to have ALOT of trust in the other person!

very patient x40
Old 09-12-03   #20
NMaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerian
I've been in a relationship for almost 3 years now with a man in another state. We have yet to find a way for either of us to be closer to the other but talk daily either by phone or online. The only problem is that even though I do care for him more than anyone else I keep having thoughts of leaving. I really don't want to but the thoughts keep popping up. (usually when talk of money or family enters the conversation.)

Guess I just wanted to see other peoples veiws on this.
First tell them how much you enjoy their friendship. Then start alluding to how your realationship became open after he moved. Start dating different people and he'll definitely take the hint when you invite him to the wedding.