Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page In Control. For now.

Old 08-09-03   #1
Guy_Person
Unvested Dandy

Guy_Person is on a distinguished road
Credits: 120,591
In Control. For now.

I thought of putting this in philosophy, but it's not very erudite, so i thought i'd break it down in here.

I have siezures. I take 300mg of carbotrol, capsules, half dark blue, bottom half aquamarine, twice a day. If i don't, there's a strong possibility that i will suffer severe injury. Each siezure (there have been only lowers the threshold, or increases the chance of having another one.

I know the feeling. Suddenly, i'm gripped by familiarity and all my senses get fuzzy. I'm terrified and the fuzziness makes me feel terribly alone and i'm scared out of my mind. There are spinning nonsense shapes and colors. People that have been around say that i shiver, but i don't recall. This feeling goes on for five to fifteen minutes and then i hit the ground. I convulse, i black out, i'm a shaking body without consciousness.

When i wake up, I usually ache on my head, neck and back from shaking and hitting the floor. Twice i had chewed my tongue, to it was swollen so large i couldn't talk clearly.

This past week i had the third. No swollen tongue this time, but i--as i write this, i get the feelings that trigger the siezure and i know that if i weren't taking the carbatrol, i'd be having a panick attack just before having a grand mal siezure.

Anyway, it got me thinking: what is this going to mean for the rest of my life. I mean, if i'm ever not working, i could die if i have a siezure and i'm not somewhere safe. Fortunately, i'm still covered by my parents' insurance policy for the time being. But we all know that won't last.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I have a right to these things, right? But a congenital brain defect that doesn;t affect me in any other way... and i might die... death out of nowhere and all it tkaes is a poor insurance policy.

Anyone else out there with a migratory brain cell disorder? Anyone have a friend or family member with it? Any doctors? Anyone know the feeling even at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-03   #2
Guy_Person
Unvested Dandy

...so much for this, i suppose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-12-03   #3
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
hmo's are going to be very hesitant... VERY hesitant when you get out there since its a preexisting condition...

i don't know what to tell you man, its probably gonna be out of pocket for the rest of your life...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 08-12-03   #4
Guy_Person
Unvested Dandy

oh joy.

Old 08-13-03   #5
Barely Breathing
Pocket size pocket

Barely Breathing will become famous soon enough
Credits: 201,964
I dont seizure but I do frequently black out, very low blood pressure so sometimes out of no where I just faint.

Have you ever considered changing medication or going under more medical treatment to see if you can lower the numbers of attacks? Silvers mom works in the medical field, I'm not quite sure what she does but she's always had some information with anything I've ever had to ask her, PM silverflame and ask her if she'd terribly mind talking to her mom.

Sorry I couldn't be more help and good luck.
Old 08-13-03   #6
Guy_Person
Unvested Dandy

Don't worry about not being a helpful.

IS it really scary when you black out?

Old 08-14-03   #7
Barely Breathing
Pocket size pocket

Barely Breathing will become famous soon enough
Credits: 201,964
Yes. I'm always surprised when i wake up like i did not expect to.
I remember once I walked into my room and leaned over my dresser to get something in the corner of it and fainted and slammed the front of my head on the dresser and the back of my head off my bed posts. My neighbor heard the commotion and took me over her house. I'd never been there before so when I woke up I had no clue where I was a freaked, almost trashed everything in her room.
Old 08-17-03   #8
Jup
Chaos Theory

Jup
Credits: 2,667
try to a docter who speacializes in this method

"I would sooner die in your arms then to live without you in mine"
"I know people who have bonded over there mutual hatred for me"
"Another day..Another Defilement"
"A fight is a fight no matter what side your on"
"There are two kinds of tears...Tears for those who leave you, and tears for those who you never let go"