Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Gay marriage illegal?

Old 08-01-03   #1
Nothing Special
~*Beautiful Scar*~

Nothing Special
Credits: 4,323
Gay marriage illegal?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you've all heard about the 'new' proposed law that conducting or having a gay marriage should be illegal? If someone else has started this already, I'm sorry for my laziness, but I found nothing really pertaining to this subject where I looked.

So, should it be illegal? What if a gay couple wanted to adopt a kid, should that be illegal as well? Why?

I myself am not gay, but I have many friends who are...anyway, I don't think it's right for anyone to have the power to say someone can't get married just b/c of their sexual orientation. In my mind, that would be just like restricting a man or woman from doing something they want to do solely based upon one's gender. If it makes them happy, what right does anyone have to take that away from them? I dunno, just thought this would be a lil interesting...

So what do you think?
Old 08-01-03   #2
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
who cares. if they want to marry then i don't give a shit. its their life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-03   #3
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
So long as they don't stick anything in my ass, I'm fine with gay marriage.
Old 08-01-03   #4
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
i say if they want to marry thats cool but dont have a child, that would hurt the kid so much...
Old 08-01-03   #5
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Magic Ninjet will become famous soon enough
Credits: 141,093
I think that anyone who makes a big huge deal about not allowing it, has some sort of issues within themselves that needs to be looked at. I don't think they should be allowed to get married in a regular church, only because in many eyes that would seem a mochary of the church, and the church is the grounding in which many live and needs to be kept holy and untainted. But, justice of the peace, courthouse, privite "in home" weddings, ect. are 110% fine by me. Hell, I'll even send flowers.

Old 08-01-03   #6
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
That calls for Arsi and his "Sex in the Ass" quote...

personally, i don't care... marriage should be between two (or three or four ) consenting adults... who cares if their plumbing doesn't match?

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 08-01-03   #7
Nothing Special
~*Beautiful Scar*~

Nothing Special
Credits: 4,323
*just sits back and giggles*

Back on the subject for a sec, I started thinking about the constitution...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...sorry, there goes abstract thinkin' for ya.....blah
Old 08-01-03   #8
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Special
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you've all heard about the 'new' proposed law that conducting or having a gay marriage should be illegal? If someone else has started this already, I'm sorry for my laziness, but I found nothing really pertaining to this subject where I looked.

So, should it be illegal? What if a gay couple wanted to adopt a kid, should that be illegal as well? Why?

I myself am not gay, but I have many friends who are...anyway, I don't think it's right for anyone to have the power to say someone can't get married just b/c of their sexual orientation. In my mind, that would be just like restricting a man or woman from doing something they want to do solely based upon one's gender. If it makes them happy, what right does anyone have to take that away from them? I dunno, just thought this would be a lil interesting...

So what do you think?
i think that gay and lesbians have the right to get married as the people that aren't a gay or a lesbian. if this is how some people are and they can't change who they are. no matter how much they like to try sometime. i say let them live there life the way they want to live it. i mean if it makes you happy then hey go for it. i really don't give a who gets married.
Old 08-01-03   #9
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_confused999
i say if they want to marry thats cool but dont have a child, that would hurt the kid so much...

you know if both of the parents are gay. then there is a big chance that there child will be gay. how can that hurt the child?
Old 08-01-03   #10
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy shy
you know if both of the parents are gay. then there is a big chance that there child will be gay. how can that hurt the child?
umm.. you mean the adopted child? because gay guys can't have kids.. in case you didn't know..
Old 08-01-03   #11
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gArGOyLe^^
umm.. you mean the adopted child? because gay guys can't have kids.. in case you didn't know..
oh yeah i forgot about that garg good point.
Old 08-01-03   #12
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)

Hahahaha

As far as I know gay marriages are legal and very much accepted here. Who can put a gender on love, who dares to say how love should manifest and be expressed.
Old 08-01-03   #13
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith
As far as I know gay marriages are legal and very much accepted here. Who can put a gender on love, who dares to say how love should manifest and be expressed.
you sound like an infomercial.

Old 08-01-03   #14
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Ninjet
I think that anyone who makes a big huge deal about not allowing it, has some sort of issues within themselves that needs to be looked at. I don't think they should be allowed to get married in a regular church, only because in many eyes that would seem a mochary of the church, and the church is the grounding in which many live and needs to be kept holy and untainted. But, justice of the peace, courthouse, privite "in home" weddings, ect. are 110% fine by me. Hell, I'll even send flowers.

How does it mock the church? If one is to accept that love honestly cannot be defined by gender or race, why should someone have to sacrifice their religious beliefs and "save the church" by not getting married in one? Who made these laws that love is confined to gender and race? Man, churches, rules. I see no Deity that says love has limits. It is precisely that it IS limitless, and so to judge someone because of who they love is going against the very nature of love.
Old 08-01-03   #15
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_confused999

And how exactly would it harm the child? If it is cared for, loved, respected, nurtured? Love has no gender or bounderies, it just is.
Old 08-01-03   #16
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArSiNiK
you sound like an infomercial.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 08-01-03   #17
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
the church says that its not allowed because children don't come from the marriage..

so does that mean that all infertile couples are illegal? what about the people who choose not to have kids.. should we anull their marriages too?? i SAY YES.. ok no..

but yea.. stupid pope.
Old 08-01-03   #18
Lillith

Good point, it is accepted that the main "purpose" of marriage is to have children, but my god look at the amount of orphanges filled to capacity. And if a gay couple have that much love to share to be able to nurture a child and care for it, why should it rather remain homeless? Unloved, uncared for.
Old 08-01-03   #19
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Quote:
How does it mock the church? If one is to accept that love honestly cannot be defined by gender or race, why should someone have to sacrifice their religious beliefs and "save the church" by not getting married in one? Who made these laws that love is confined to gender and race? Man, churches, rules. I see no Deity that says love has limits. It is precisely that it IS limitless, and so to judge someone because of who they love is going against the very nature of love.

I also think that people should have to pass a test in order to have kids and should have a "trial marriage" where you need to have you paperwork and counsling for at least 6 months before you can get legally married. I have a lot of thoughts on a lot of things...... Anyway, the point of the "mockary" of the church, is simply that many people don't agree with "our" thoughts, and by forcing the church to bend the rules, we subject it to critisim and unhealthy attention. It's just the way the world is right now. In time, I am sure it will change, but right now it IS an issue. Espically with the old-school Christians that just don't believe in that sort of thing. You would see churches ablaze all across the country if such a law was passed.

Old 08-01-03   #20
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Quote:
Good point, it is accepted that the main "purpose" of marriage is to have children, but my god look at the amount of orphanges filled to capacity. And if a gay couple have that much love to share to be able to nurture a child and care for it, why should it rather remain homeless? Unloved, uncared for.

I completely agree with that.