Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Liars

Old 07-09-03   #1
NMaries

Liars

I have read in a book that liars tend to think everyone lies because they haven't been caught on many occasions.

Now, thinking about it though isn't also true that people who malicously gossip about others are liars too. Then again they are cynical and look down on everyone, so maybe they are not, because it's not precognative.

How do you handle liars?
Old 07-09-03   #2
ordeith
huntsman

ordeith
Credits: 7,933
it depends on the context on the liar.
Old 07-10-03   #3
Eos
Moans in the Night

Eos
Credits: 2,499
I try to understand what the reasons are for said person to lie to me, and if I cant reach a decent conclusion, which may take quite a bit of digging on my behalf- I then just eliminate them from my life.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-03   #4
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Magic Ninjet will become famous soon enough
Credits: 140,983
Lieing is my biggest pet pev. I fucking hate it!!!! Why? Why do people feel the need to tell a lie when, in the end, the truth always comes out and is a lot harder to handle my then. A little white lie and there isn't the end of the world, it annoys me, cuz it little by little chips away at my trust for you, but ,it's not death. A big lie, though..... why? Most people, I cut off after just one real lie. The most I'll give you is the three strike rule, and that's if you're like my mom or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-03   #5
Legolas
~~Dinosaur~~

Legolas is on a distinguished road
Credits: 45,876
Ooooh, I can feel important for once.

Check it out, I've done an essay, research, ISU, whatever the hell you want to call it, but the point is that I've done a lot of research on lying.

It's very simple, there are three reasons why most people lie.
#1 - To protect themselves
#2 - To protect someone else
#3 - To achieve something they can't do without lying.

Lying helps people get out of undesirable situations.

If you claim that you don't lie, then you are lying to yourself and everyone else here. The chances of someone who is completely free of lying sounds impossible. Though there are big differences between people who will lie, once in a while, and usually to protect a friend, to those who feel the need to lie all the time.

If you are with someone and you are trying to make yourself look good, you will normally lie. It's human nature.

When a friend ask you "Do I look fat in this dress?" You will normally say "No!" because you don't want to hurt their feelings.

If your parents try to find out why you have a pack of cigarettes in your room, you will lie and tell them anything to get out of trouble.

Now this goes onto those who feel the need to lie all the time, Cronic Liars. They will usually start small and then they will work more on their lies because they like it better than the truth. (I know this, because I've been one for a long time, though I'm trying to make things right. My lie (and it is a big one) well, none of my friends know the truth, but all my g/fs know the truth, because I don't like to start a relationship with me lying, it's really bad)

So when you catch a liar, what do you do? Comfront them, you might not know this, but with a liar, one who likes the idea of lying about everything he has done and everything he does, well he needs to know that he can no longer lie about certain things because you know now.

-Look to prove my point, if you are dating someone and you find out that he/she is cheating, you have to comfront them, because it isn't right to let them continue this lie of theirs.

Anyway, I've said my say, and I'll leave you with this quote.
"People are pretty good liars, and they’re fairly poor detectors." - Ronald Riggio, Claremont McKenna College

"Stop Dreaming, Live For The Fire Of The Dragon" ©
Old 07-11-03   #6
NMaries

That's all sound good and fine, but what about just malicious people that always cut everyone down without even blinking. It's like they are totally serious in how cynical they are that there is no rationalizing with them.
Old 07-11-03   #7
*psycotic lover*
Feared by the Devil

*psycotic lover*
Credits: 12,828
fucking liars i always tell them liars go to hell

I am infinity

Old 07-11-03   #8
*WeIrDGiRl*
Anti-U

*WeIrDGiRl*
Credits: 21,447
I once had a friend who told me he had cancer and was going to die within the year. I was totally fucked up and worried and wanted to see him as much as possible which is pretty normal. Then he calls me one day to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore and i was like WTF he's dying, i've gotta see him.. Turns out it was all a cry for attention..Fucking bastard..kind of sad and pathetic, but he won't get my shoulder to cry on
Anyway it's obvious, everyone lies, but a lie like this is unforgivable...

And i just wanna stand outside
And know that this is right
And this is true and i will not
Fade into,fade into the night
Standing here in the dark

Old 07-11-03   #9
NMaries

Yep

Quote:
Originally posted by *WeIrDGiRl*
I once had a friend who told me he had cancer and was going to die within the year. I was totally fucked up and worried and wanted to see him as much as possible which is pretty normal. Then he calls me one day to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore and i was like WTF he's dying, i've gotta see him.. Turns out it was all a cry for attention..Fucking bastard..kind of sad and pathetic, but he won't get my shoulder to cry on
Anyway it's obvious, everyone lies, but a lie like this is unforgivable...
I now about that one: AIDS, pregnancy are a couple more. Those are just some of the memmoriable and most screwed up. I had a boyfriend that did that. Later it seems, it was just a feeling.
Old 07-11-03   #10
Barely Breathing
Pocket size pocket

Barely Breathing will become famous soon enough
Credits: 201,964
Liars piss me off! Especially those who lie all the time. you cant trust them! People who lie about stupid little shit piss me off even more.
why would you want to lie? Wouldn't you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment when the other person finds out the truth?
little white lies like "no you don't look fat OR like a dog" by me are OK.
Old 07-12-03   #11
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
you are a liar Dri... i am a liar... everyone is a liar...

we lie to each other... we lie to ourselves...

what is the difference between the 'little white lie' and a 'big black lie'? an untruth is an untruth no matter who it benefits... we just assign the trappings of sympathy and good intentions to assuage our guilt...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-12-03   #12
Edge
Soi.

Edge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100,046
Re: Liars

Quote:
Originally posted by NMaries
I have read in a book that liars tend to think everyone lies because they haven't been caught on many occasions.

Now, thinking about it though isn't also true that people who malicously gossip about others are liars too. Then again they are cynical and look down on everyone, so maybe they are not, because it's not precognative.

How do you handle liars?
People who gossip other people are the most lowlife persons I ever know. I hate them.

Lies...small lies, big lies, its all making you more and more corrupt. Some people say its natural..but it wasn't ALWAYS like that...

Sometimes in this modern society you have to lie, true. But people who do it almost everyday and without even thinking about it are just hurting themselves in the end.

I lie a lot too, it comes with the job, but I really really try to avoid getting myself involved in stupid petty gossiping.
I’ve gotta say what I wanna say
Your face doesn’t show your fighting pose.
Old 07-13-03   #13
errantrogue
which one, though?

what isn't always like WHAT?

there is no such thing as born innocent... a child is influenced in the womb by sound, deed, and biologics (teratogens)...

we all lie... just as we all speak truths... its just a matter of to whom and at what measure... the problem is, most pay lip service to finding ultimate Truth (with a capitol t)... that being the desired existence it is more virtuous in society...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-13-03   #14
dark_duqualle
a little clos'r to home

Location: a couch or a van, depends on level of alchohol in body
dark_duqualle is on a distinguished road
Credits: 72,546
i find lying wrong, but for some reason i find myself doing it sometimes in the past, i havnt lied about anything in like 2 months though. im cured. no im not. somewher down the line something will happena dn i will lie again, but nothing to seriious.

Old 07-13-03   #15
Edge
Soi.

Edge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100,046
Quote:
Originally posted by errantrogue
what isn't always like WHAT?

there is no such thing as born innocent... a child is influenced in the womb by sound, deed, and biologics (teratogens)...

we all lie... just as we all speak truths... its just a matter of to whom and at what measure... the problem is, most pay lip service to finding ultimate Truth (with a capitol t)... that being the desired existence it is more virtuous in society...
Actually, I disagree, if a child is raised to think that lying is wrong, then the child will find it hard to lie. A child is born innocent, the parents corrupt the child with lies. It's really simple like that.
I’ve gotta say what I wanna say
Your face doesn’t show your fighting pose.
Old 07-13-03   #16
errantrogue
which one, though?

show me a child who speaks only truth... and i shall show you the worst sort of liar...

Old 07-13-03   #17
NMaries

Re: Re: Liars

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
People who gossip other people are the most lowlife persons I ever know. I hate them.
I agree. In these instances, gossip can be avoided by "shutting the hell up."

It is true though no one is completely truthfull. From forgetfullness, leaving out information and bending the truth when in an uncomfortable position, everyone is guilty. It's just the people who make up long stories or con other people that are of interest to the purpose of this thread. I find know-it-all nosey busy bodies to be the most extraordinary of liars.
Old 07-14-03   #18
errantrogue
which one, though?

"I'm a thief... I'm a liar... there's my church, I sing in the choir"

Old 07-14-03   #19
Sybs
Unfolding

Sybs is on a distinguished road
Credits: 202,466
We all lie etc etc etc
If it doesn't hurt anyone else then does it really matter?
Most of the lies I tell make people happier if anything.
Old 07-14-03   #20
errantrogue
which one, though?

Wait a minute... i seem to remember to saying that I was the best you ever... gawdDAMMIT