Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page House of 1000 Corpses

Old 03-25-03   #1
woixiow
snuggle bunny

woixiow
Credits: 49,282
House of 1000 Corpses

Has anyone heard anything about this recently?

i saw a trailor for it the other day. I cant wait to see it, I've been waiting a long time for it. I really would like to see it uncut.
Old 03-25-03   #2
drugstore cowboy
all blues

drugstore cowboy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 81,920
well the word is it's been ripped to shreds, they've had to cut alot to get a certificate and release it in theatres.

also it's got some bad reviews already, heres two from aintitcool.com -

Quote:
Two questions have been on my mind for the longest regarding HOUSE OF 1K: How is Rob Zombie as a director, and exactly what level of violence are we talking about? As anyone who knows about it can tell you, numerous trips to the editing room had to be made to appease the M.P.A.A., which just can't put up with gore, and the film was at one point considered too "disturbing" or "shocking" -- I forget which, probably both; neither apply -- to even find a distributor. Hence, all the delays, and a rumored straight-to-video fate. So, now that Lion's Gate has stepped up, what are we left with?
Well. Dung, frankly. If I never have to see Michael J. Pollard in the movies again, it will be too soon. But, I shan't be sidetracked. A car full of teens pulls over for gas at a place called Capt. Spauldingís Museum of Monsters (which also sells fried chicken.. you following?), take a "death ride", want to visit the famous Doctor Satan murder site, wander off into the boonies and run slam-bang into a family of sick twists who proceed to torture and kill them. Oh, the fun.
Zombie is obviously trying to give us a throwback to Hershel Gordon Lewis, with the terrible acting, camp dialogue, profuse bloodshed, et. al. He takes it a step further by tossing in perverted imagery every other scene, and a score that keeps making the film act like it's driving toward something really, really insidious. But, we never get there. CORPSES, in its current state, doesn't have the balls to be truly exploitive or gruesome. It doesn't push the envelope on movie violence. At all. And, since that would seem to be the sole reason for its existence, the film better have something more going on than leaving us in the company of unsavory local serial killer-types all dressed up for "the simple pleasures of Halloween", doing ritualistic shit.
Nope. A couple of times the film threatens to get nasty; i.e. the "fish boy" sequence. And, a scalping scene. But, far too much of the brutality has been excised. The film runs a spare 88-minutes. Yes, it's a definite R, and the NC-17 DVD version will inevitably show more. But, getting away from the gore factor just a moment: above all, the film is incredibly dull. I wasn't disturbed or shocked; ten seconds of JEEPERS CREEPERS was more unnerving. I didn't go in looking for character development or Shakespearean nuance, but I didnít want to be bored, either.
Good use of music (including Zombie's own score), and haunted house-esque sets. I could see the film playing better, maybe, had it opened last October 31 like it was supposed to, but now? Now, it's like... whatever.
The End? God, I hope so.

Quote:
well what can i say? after feeling completely satisfied watching phonebooth i decided to give rob zombies so called horror-fest a shot. "the most shocking tale of carnage ever seen" was the tag, so naturally i expected gore a plenty and the claret to flow! what i got though was the worst piece of crap ever! it was laughable! was that the intention? i don't know but funny it was!
the story well, what story there was, was a blatant texas chainsaw rip-off, the acting extremely cheesing and as for the "carnage" well i have seen more carnage at a kindergarden! what was rob zombie thinking? did he honestly think that he was gonna revolutionise the horror industry? no wonder no studio wanted to distribute his movie. they obviously saw it for the turkey it was! the film was written and directed by the zombie man himself, his camera direction wasn't that bad and the use of negative picture images worked quite well, but there is no way he should've opened up and admitted he wrote it. im sure that if there are any rob zombie fans out there that have seen this movie they would have to agree...........it was shite!
there is one scene in the movie when a cop is on his knees with a gun to his head held by the bad guy, the camera pans back for a long distance shot and holds. 30 seconds later the cop is still there with the bad guy holding the gun...........another 30 seconds.............still on the same shot, zero movement.........is this supposed to be suspense? come on shoot the fucker..........after what seemed to be a life time the dude finally pulls the trigger and we have a dead cop! hurrah hurrah! it only took nearly two minutes yawn!
all in all everything about this movie sucked! it seemed more like a 90 min music vid than a horror movie..........do yourself a favour steer well clear...........if you wanna see some thing really scary watch plan 9 from outer space instead!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-03   #3
VincentPrice
Lurks in the Shadows

Location: "God is an astronaut, and Midien is where the Monsters are."
VincentPrice
Credits: 3,562
I'm going to give it a chance in the theaters if it even plays here.

But I have a feeling the best way to see it will be on DVD.

Patrick Bateman-"American Psycho"

Old 03-25-03   #4
drugstore cowboy
all blues

yup...the only way your gonna see the complete movie, is when they release it uncut on dvd.

...but, saying that, reading those reviews it doesn't seem all that anyways.

i'll still check it out i suppose.
Old 03-25-03   #5
VincentPrice
Lurks in the Shadows

VincentPrice
From the reviews I've read...

If you liked the TCM movies, you'll like House Of 1,000 Corpses.

Old 03-25-03   #6
Darling Apathy
Darkness Incarnate

Darling Apathy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 989
i can't wait to see this movie

My vices are cheaper than therapy.

You say I'm a bitch like its a bad thing.
Old 04-14-03   #7
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Okay, I saw it over the weekend. Good sets and soundtrack and stuff, but those reviews posted above hit the nail on the head. It was really not that scary, and the movie seemed to have no purpose whatsoever. I expected much more gore, and perhaps a little bit of plot.
Old 04-17-03   #8
justin
Long lost registered user

justin
Credits: 10,199
Quote:
Originally posted by (antihero)
Okay, I saw it over the weekend. Good sets and soundtrack and stuff, but those reviews posted above hit the nail on the head. It was really not that scary, and the movie seemed to have no purpose whatsoever. I expected much more gore, and perhaps a little bit of plot.
I agree. This movie stinks like a blossoming cornucopia of feces. It has been quite some time since I've seen a movie worse than this one. Complete and shameless rip-off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Natural Born Killers. If you take both those movies, mix 'em with a whole bunch of "stupid," and dump them into a shit-o-matic 2000 on "puree," the result would still be 10 times better than House of 1000 Corpses. This movie, I believe, lowers the worth of life throughout the galaxy.
Old 04-17-03   #9
drugstore cowboy
all blues

that sucks.
i was hoping those reviews would be proven wrong.

i'll probably wait for the dvd and hope an unedited version of the movie will prove to be better.
Old 04-17-03   #10
justin
Long lost registered user

justin
Credits: 10,199
MOO HOO HA HA HAAAA! Rob Zombie's really going to ride his reputation on this one; he knows people are still going to see it, just because it's a Rob Zombie movie. He's sitting somewhere right now, laughing, saying, "They won't realize until AFTER they pay admission!"
Old 04-20-03   #11
Lunatic
06/07/04 -- Hails Eternal

Lunatic
Credits: 22,700
God fucking dammit. I just saw this movie tonight, and OMG, it was the stupidest fucking movie I've ever seen.

AFK, I'm going to Rob Zombie's house so I can burn it down and GET BACK MY MOTHERFUCKING $5.

Oh, and by the way, FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK. It sucked so bad it makes me angry IRL.
In the sky stilled my flame.

For the ones who stood me near,
And you few who were me dear,
I ask of thee to have no doubts and no fears.

For when the great clouds fill the air,
And the thunder roars from O, so far away up in the sky,
Then for sure you will know that I have reached the joyous halls up high.
Old 04-20-03   #12
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,361
mhmm so uh... havnt seen it yet.. want to... o weLLz
Old 04-29-03   #13
Corpse_Fuker
Moans in the Night

Corpse_Fuker
Credits: 4,030
I don't understand why everyone hated it. Because it wasn't gory enough? SO. Because it was like Texas Chainsaw Massacre..IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!!! Rob mentioned many times this was an omage to that and other films from his past. He WANTED it to be like TCM. The mood and atmosphere of the film were great. Once it got started it was balls out untill the end. You gotta realize it's a horror movie. Does it all make sense? NO... but it was better then the "happy ending", PG-13, suedo Horror, shit out weekly by hollywood. It was done in some parts to be disturbing more then gory. And hell you got two good close up ass shots of Rob's hot fuckin wife.
[color=sky blue]When I was eight years old, my mother told me... [/color] "Your nothing but a smoldering ember in the mighty furnace of the damned. You will never ammount to anything...so why even try..."

A Rogues Gallery...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-02-03   #14
VincentPrice
Lurks in the Shadows

VincentPrice
Ha.

I loved it. Everything I was expecting and more.

And Bill Moseley fucking ruled all.

Old 05-04-03   #15
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
The gore was great, and the movie was sufficiently freaky, but every other aspect of the movie was boring. It wasn't worth the $6 I paid for it.
Old 05-07-03   #16
(antihero)
N/A

I'm just hoping the DVD will include all the stuff they cut out, and that will lin turn make it better.
Old 05-07-03   #17
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Fuker
You gotta realize it's a horror movie.

It WAS? HOLY SHIT, THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
(moron)
Old 05-07-03   #18
Corpse_Fuker
Moans in the Night

Corpse_Fuker
*blinks* Wow, your dry wit and unbelieveable level of comedic timing are amazing. I hope to be like you one day...

and I'm the moron...?
[color=sky blue]When I was eight years old, my mother told me... [/color] "Your nothing but a smoldering ember in the mighty furnace of the damned. You will never ammount to anything...so why even try..."

A Rogues Gallery...

Old 05-07-03   #19
Lunatic
06/07/04 -- Hails Eternal

Lunatic
Credits: 22,700
You have a Blade .gif as your signature.

YES, YOU ARE THE MORON.
In the sky stilled my flame.

For the ones who stood me near,
And you few who were me dear,
I ask of thee to have no doubts and no fears.

For when the great clouds fill the air,
And the thunder roars from O, so far away up in the sky,
Then for sure you will know that I have reached the joyous halls up high.
Old 05-07-03   #20
Corpse_Fuker
Moans in the Night

Corpse_Fuker
In what way is a gif idicative of my intellegence level? I actually thought the people on this board werent small minded petty assholes. Guess I was wrong about some of em', not all of them but... I can think of two.

A Rogues Gallery...