Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Direct Magic

Old 03-19-03   #1
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,448
Direct Magic

I finally found a term for the things I do, direct magic...doh, so simple.

Basically, it's how to do magic without the use of spells, props, chants etc...just your will.

So...I'm wondering, how many others here does it that way? Do you use any additional foci points, like fire, crystals, etc? Because you feel you need them to focus, or because you like using them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-03   #2
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
What can you do with direct magic btw? How is that different from psychic abilities?
Old 03-19-03   #3
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
i would say my magic tends to be a little more fetishy than direct...there have been times when i just set my mind to having something done, and it is, but i've always attribute that to the "powers that be" just listening to me...
Old 03-19-03   #4
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
and umm.. what can you do with it?
Old 03-19-03   #5
Jordyn
paraphiliac

well i make a lot of pretty, shiny dangly things, and the chimes always encourage a calming sense of tranquility...i tend to use magick to improve my personal life...focusing and drawing positive energies rather than focusing on the negative energies...when you ask "what can be done with it" magick isn't like sabrina or any of the other commercialy portrayed concepts of witchcraft. But in my opinion a more earthy approach to worshipping life. I tend to disagree with those who say such "magic" tricks are possible...magick to me is more of a spiritual sensation than an actual materialistic sensation that a person can see and touch...it's more of a hear and feel type of approach.
Old 03-19-03   #6
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
i agree
Old 03-20-03   #7
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Direct magic is, for instance, the way I create my shields...instead of using a lot of candles, incence, props and whatnots, I just sit down in a quiet place, and decide what my shield should be like, what abilities it should have, how it should look, wether it should include traps, alarms or weapons, etc. When I've got all thyat clear in my mind, I focus on the image of the shield. I envision it around me, then shrinks itto fit my body. All in my mind.

That's the deal with direct magic, instead of for instance casting a complicated love spell on someone, to use a blunt example, you focus on that person, picture his face, and, what I would do, try to get behind the face, find the switchboard in his mind, and adjust him to like you. I'm a big fan of switches and buttons.

You'll have to find your own way of doing things, what images works for you, my methods might not do squatr for you, and vice versa. But in my opinion, it's easier, faster, and more effective. And you don't have to use a lot of time to gather the props, and set them up.

I think Aleister Crowley used to work a lot that way though...He felt it was a 'higher' form of magic, a sign of improvement when you no longer were dependant on the things. But then again, he'd claim any method of his was better than anyone else's...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-03   #8
Airk
Repairer of Reputations

Airk
Credits: 13,878
I don't know what you would call what I do. I do use a foci - my blood - but I don't have to see it or cut myself or anything... I did once, when it was really important. Sort of a last ditch thing. But generally, the only way I focus is to imagine that I control the flow of my blood.

at

"Listen, if you hate someone, you take the consequences"
-Takeshi Kitano,
"Battle Royale"
Old 03-20-03   #9
Jessywicca86
trinity

Jessywicca86 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 13,161
I always tend you focus on my crystal rock. My mom gave it to me before she pasted away.

Don't knock on Death's door ... ring the bell and run.
Old 03-20-03   #10
Necropolis
Higher Principality

Necropolis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 107,272
I direct energy out of my hands, or mind.
I dont use focusing tools, I dont need them. And I only make charms and amulets as needed, but also with these I will use energy from myself to charge them.

May Chaos Be Visited Upon You.
Old 03-21-03   #11
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Airk, that would be direct magic, I believe. I'm not completely sure on the limits there, but since therre are no physichal tools, it should apply.

Necro: one of the ways I work too. I usually visualize rays of energy in any given color, when trying to get the kids calm at night, or creating my happyballs.

Old 03-23-03   #12
Necropolis
Higher Principality

Clear, I sometimes creaate balls like that to juggle. It helps believe it or not, to focus your mind outward instead of inward.

Old 03-23-03   #13
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

I should try that once...I just need to overcome the idea that I can't juggle...

That's the problem, really, I hasve a tendency to get stuck on the idea that I can't do this...

To bring the thread further though, anyone feel like sharing how to create shields using direct magic?

Old 03-26-03   #14
Necropolis
Higher Principality

Eureka! I've got it by Joves!

Alright here is a shild I posted oh-so-long-ago....

Become aware of your arua, and when you can feel where it stops, imagine your arua turning to stone.

This works against direct attacks, that depend more on endurance than strength. But can not stand stand up against a person who is stronger than you, because stone shatters under enough force, so in that state so will your arua

Old 03-26-03   #15
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Would that harm your aura in any way?

Sounds like a good one though, as one of several, at least, The typical buy-you-time shield...

Another idea, though...what if, instead of stone, you picture coal, pressed together so hard that it turns to diamond? That way, it'll be not only harder, but able to blind/cut too?

Old 03-26-03   #16
Feroluce
Brain Candy

Feroluce is on a distinguished road
Credits: 99,822
Direct magic and shields.

I use balls

I suppose the most direct form of shielding is just to believe that you are surrounded by a shield and leave it at that.

© Feroluce™ 2001-11, The authors, affiliates and their subsidiary companys accept no responsability for any coherence in the above or any aforementioned or prior correspondance. The above opinion may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.
Old 03-26-03   #17
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
*Opts to remain quiet rather than prove how annoying he can be*
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 03-26-03   #18
Jordyn
paraphiliac

*puts up a stronger shield against jp*

Old 03-26-03   #19
crying childe
demon childe

Location: dark and cold in the silence of a sweaty dream..........no ones here........
crying childe
Credits: 16,419
one that i find works is to visualise yr aura is completly electrafied so that if anything negative attacks its shocked whereas positive things pass unharmed,
draw yr aura in close and charge it then allow it to flare back to normal full of electrical energy,

the only problem is static tends to build up.............

Old 03-26-03   #20
Jordyn
paraphiliac

i find i never need shields, it seems that i have some sort natural, maybe instinctual? defense i know spirits are often times involved, but i'm not sure how or why i have the defenses, but very little gets to me, and if it does, usually a good cleansing with a little help from my friends *winks* straigthens me out...any ideas on that?