Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Polluted with Narrow-Mindedness: These forums are filled with people like you

Old 01-06-01   #1

I am here to talk down some of you people who believe that you are the intellectual crux and king or queen of conversation of this website...

When I orginally came to this website back in August of 2000 I thought it was awesome. You could submit poetry and stories without hassle unless the submition was way off key. There where no forums, and people communicated with each other through replys that they could leave under the writing or pics that other people wrote to express their feelings. It was like we had a small family of civilized individuals that could freely express whatever they pleased in an open minded enviornment.

Then all hell broke loose...

Around October Darkness became flooded with mediocre and uncreative poetry and stories, and the good poems were critisized by racist and/or homophobic assholes (anyone remember Kydd Kruzh?) who only believed in advertisizing themselves. Forums started peacefully, but shortly after became polluted with people who literally had nothing better to do than get online and rant about politics, or religion, or science, or complain about the how much music sucks these days, or about bad they feel about something... yea I know thats what these forums are for, but some you need to "intellectual, i know more than you's" need to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I see so many posts entitled: "To Societysucks" or "Let's all tell Britney Luv how much she sucks" (exaggerated but it's the truth) that are simply ways of pissing off people that have different tastes. It seems like all the people that enter forums only enter to bash and belittle indivduals of different opinion. I just got on 5 minutes ago and started reading The "masturbation Poll", I CANT BELIEVE HOW FUCKING SERIOUSLY SOME OF YOU SO CALLED "GURUS" CAN TAKE A JOKE LIKE THAT. the post was obviously started and intended as a joke, get a fucking sense of humor people.

One last thing...
to all of the Guru's and so-called "the Devil is scared of me" individuals out there... STOP BASHING NEWBIES!!! YOU WERE ALL NEWBIES AT ONE POINT, and you had your own opinions just as they do. criticizing their polls is not going to make them want to stay. just because you have successfully proven that (some of you) have no lives by submitting 300 posts a day is not convincing me of any kind of intellectual superiority, it makes you seem weaker... it makes you seem as if you can't respect anyone or anything without a verbal conflict.

I remember when it was just Cypher the fallen, that guy who wrote excellent poems, or goathead who made me laugh through his carefully written and humerous stories, or the original pic of the 3 goth girls licking each others tounges, or memphis... the guy who wrote the awesome poem "soul parasite" that i still have printed up on the wall of my bedroom, or Agnostic God... who submitted awesome art and made words feel like emotions through his poetry...

some of you original members are reading this and thinking the same thing.

we want Darkness to be way it was, as a community rather than a overcrowded joke.

Old 01-06-01   #2
jaded silence
a former member

jaded silence is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,195
got a problem?go cry to the fucking webmaster.otherwise stop complaining.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-01   #3
Bloody Sunset
Moans in the Night

Bloody Sunset
Credits: 235
yah, i may be new and shit, but i thought that this was the general forum, where you could talk about anything. If dont nobody want to read my shit, dont. but keep the fucking negativity to YOURSELF.
Old 01-06-01   #4
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,279
Yeah, really, I can understand your anger, but this is life, get over it. You're like one of those people that wants the good old days when things were simple and everyone was happy and in the process of doing that starts a regime killing everyone who does something you consider unacceptable, and in the end things are far worse than they were when you were complaining. That's not a particularly great analogy but I'm sleep-deprived here. The point is that this is not a hapyp friendly little community because people have conflicting opinions, and that's not going to change unless everyone leaves.
Old 01-06-01   #5
jaded silence
a former member

jaded silence is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,195
nicely put messiah.gimme a hug.
Old 01-06-01   #6
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,279
**gives Jaded a hug**
Old 01-06-01   #7
Oblivion
....Cuddle this....

Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Credits: 29,370
you know i had a big'ol thing i was going to put in here to agree with mr. guest but then i started to think about what everyone else is saying and i thought to myself "you know what fuck it if no one likes it too frickin bad" but then i realized that mr. guest's idea of the olden days where everyone was some what civil and more accepting was kinda nice also

BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO I KNOW I'M A FRICKING GURU myself so if nobody can't handle it bugger off as for me i'm way too laid back to be bothered by penny-annie crap thank you and have a pleasant day {i'm going back to the orgy in the friends forum )

Alone together. It was all two people could ever be to each other, Alone. Together. For the dreams and secrets of our hearts may be spoken, but words are poor handmaidens. Wordes can never fully say what we want them to say, for they fumble, stammer, and break the best porcelain. The best one can hope for is to find along the way someone to share the path, content to walk in silence, for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak...
from the book "Dragons of a Lost Star

Old 01-06-01   #8
area
Brownilocks

area
Credits: 9,309
i can understand what 'guest' is saying but i think the only thing we should 'go back to', if anything, is to be a lil' more civil to each other here.

BUT, understand that darkness.com is one big wave that gets bigger and bigger each month and if you're not riding it now, chances are it'll be harder to stay afloat in time to come.

that's just my opinion, though. *hugs Jaded, DM, and Oblivion* hey Oblivion, save me a whip in the Orgy forum.
Old 01-06-01   #9
manifesto of osiris
Dark Twink

manifesto of osiris is on a distinguished road
Credits: 216
I agree with "guest" to an extent. I am a self proclaimed hater of fucktard. And most of them happen to be newbies. bu yes, we need to be more civil to one another. But never "back to the good ol days" always move foreword. I suspect that darkness.com will eventually become a password site. Or at least have a probation period before you become accepted. And I think that will solve alot of problems. But I dont welcome that day, I enjoy the freedom. And I enjoy the freedom to hate. But I also have made alot of cool friends and aquintences on this board. So instead of wasting this post by not choosing sides, I will use it to give respect to all my darkness.com buddies and gods

spook
fr0g
DM
AOCM
IP
Scorp
SS
JS
DD

and anyone else that I forgot.
Old 01-06-01   #10
societysucks
Darkness Incarnate

societysucks
Credits: 13,238
First of all, a "community" is not one big happy family. You are always going to have people with dissenting opinions. Point already made: this is the general board. If there was only one topic we were supposed to talk about here, I believe it would be titled that way. Secondly, things change, you need to deal with it. So what? You were one of the very first people to enter darkness.com and see what it was like before all this. Well it's not that way anymore and complaing about is hardly going to get some thousand members to listen to you and submit to what you think they should be. As for the masturbation poll, I assume you are referring to me in that being as I was the one who raised hell in there. That question could have been taken literally very easily as you saw. In no way was it apparent that that thread could have been a joke. There ARE people who seem to find amusement in questions like that....As for peope's status, like beyond darkness and the devil is afraid of me, well I agree that some people DO post about 70 posts a day and that's how it got that high (KrazyKat), but not everyone did that and when they WERE newbies, they got trashed just as much. When I first came here I had threads pages long about how I needed to shut the hell up. By Skorpion no less. If you'll look, you will see that Skorpion and I are great friends. Most of the newbies deserve whatever criticism they get because most of them come on here acting like they know exactly what's going on and replying to things in such a way that lets everyone know that they have no idea of what the hell they are talking about and are only trying to make it sound intelligent with big words. People do not criticize them for the sheer fact that they are new members. Look at living dead girl. She is a new member. Hasn't gotten criticized. I like her. She's not an idiot. And it's not just newbies either. Criticiism is made whenever ANYONE says something. Wether youlike it or not, people have opinions and they are going to share them. If they can't share them here, what do you suggest we do? Create an opinion board? (That was sarcasm by the way). Seriously, if you don't like the way things have changed, rather than complain and try to make it "all better" just leave if you can't deal.
The hair you'll never smell
The lips, the hands you'll never hold
Old 01-06-01   #11
Sycorax
Face in the Mist

Sycorax
Credits: 317
AT first i agreed with this guest, but then i thought
" It's just another agument, by another member, in another thread " I'm a new person and no one has given me any shit,
and if someone did i would just say fuck it and fuck them , what the fuck do i care what some dumb ass says I recentlly signed up for this site but i have been visiting it and reading art, poems, and thoughts of others since september.
So i do see what the guest is saying , this site when i first saw it was fuckin sweet , but then over time it just started doin down a lil, but fuck it , its still good
The sweet ass art and and stories and poems are still there , they have just chainged a lil. But there are a few seriouslly dumb ass mother fuckin cock suckin bitch slappin dog and sheep humpin lil sawed off shits in here, but there aren't as many as some people think. A few people in here belive the are smart and perfect and gods, but these are just words, not actions. gods are only created if there is some one to create them and worship them. and i haven't actually seen or talked to any one here that i truellly worthy of such and honor as to be praised and reveared as and idle to any one or any thing. And then there are some people out there who try to force there ideas on those who do not wish to listen to there bable and drible
But over all this site is preaty sweet
Old 01-06-01   #12
Darkling
The Fucktard

Darkling
Credits: 9,061
"All things change; nothing perishes."
-OVID, metamorphoses

The so-called corruption of Darkness.Com was inevitable, as this is the natural cycle of all humanity and its societal tendencies. People will try to fight against people like me, who write mediocre poety, stories that are good, but too disturbing, and opinions that flux from inane gibberish to geriatric insight. And those people have every right to do so. We are all bacteria, my friend, in the petri dish that is the world. We kill each other everyday with unspoken thought, verbal abuse, machines and fists, why not do it on the screen?

And while I'm calmly ranting this tirade, I would also like to comment on people doing "shout outs" to their "friends". I've done it. Why? Because i felt threatened when everyone else did. I felt that i didn't belong because i had no friends here, and then I began to feel oddly sick because i realized the forums have become one huge, torpid school yard. I agree with the guest, but i wasn't here to witness the pristine days of Darkness.Com's first steps, so I couldn't really agree, because i'm the enemy. (ha! that rhymes!) Ah well, in the end, we're all human-- and I'm a dork.

I'm Darkling, and that's my two cents.

The following is my website I created out of my bare hands, sweat, and copulatory juices. Visit it or die.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-01   #13
Alliance Of Concerned Men
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Credits: 36,396
Quote:
Originally posted by guest
we want Darkness to be way it was, as a community rather than a overcrowded joke.
This sounds like one of those snotty guys who bitch about the industrial scene, how it's "turned to shit" and "there's too much synthpop" and "all these poseurs are ruining the scene" without realizing that A. bitching about a scene and establishing rules for it's conduct essentially destroys whatever spirit the scene was built upon (this applies to any scene) and B. Back in the "good old days" all they ever played was the same tired Nitzer Ebb songs night after night.

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-01   #14
Heathen
Still The Last

Heathen is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,529
What happened to Maro? Did he go back to highschool?

The problem is there are too many people like me on this site. When there is one sarcastic, stubborn, cynical, generally bitter guy in a group everything is fine, but when a group of people consists primarily of them it becomes unbearable. It's as if this site is a slaughter house...we just wait for some 13 year old to come on and say something stupid and mispell every other word so we can pounce on him. And I include myself in "we". It's cute when it's just me doing it, but not when we all do. There are also problems when two of these kinds of people collide. Normaly, I say something as a joke and it's taken as one, but when everyone (again, myself included) is ultra critical of everyone else then it escalates. Maybe some of you saw my huge arguments with SOK, and my general quarreling with Dark Ego (which is due to my ability to hold grudges over days, weeks, months, and years). Well, anyway, in conclusion, everyone else should be less like me.
Old 01-06-01   #15
SpookShowbaby89
Darkness Incarnate

SpookShowbaby89
Credits: 5,553
okay

Okay I'll put my two cents in on this one. I did agree with guest to an extent. I do see that a lot of arguing goes on and that a lot of the new people get trashed a lot. Thing is though, that is the right of an opinion. If someone disagrees with what someone says, they have the right to say so even if it does end up in an argument. I think it lets a lot of people see different views and opinions first hand. Sometimes, yes things can get plain nasty. But too like I said that's the right of opinion. Everyone is entitled to say what they like and what they feel and what they want. Like so many others have said- If you don't want to see it either leave or don't look.

As for the new people, everyone was new at some point or another. Some people just flat out see a new person and just see someone to slam. On the other hand though, some new people just start spouting off and yes in turn get trashed. It just depends. It's like societysucks said, it just depends on who it is and what they do. Living Dead Girls is an excellent example. She is new and she's great. I mean, it just depends. A lot of people did come in here at first and in turn changed their opinions or just adapted to the way the site is.

The one thing that I did agree with the most is this, people who say they are better conversationalists and things like that. Ya know yeah I am a guru, but I don't post every day and I definitely don't post 100 times a day. It's just that some people do take things too serious. I can be joking and fun and I can be serious. I am not serious all the time as I'm sure many have seen. I like to have fun and laugh (yes Abba a lot) heh heh So, I do agree that some people shouldn't be so serious all the time.

But, then again, everyone has the right to be how they want to be. You accept people for how they are. Just because I am how I am, I don't expect everyone to be the same. That would be ridiculous. There are so many different personalities here. I like it that way. It brings a lot of good debates, it brings a lot of laughing, it brings about lots of silliness (which is great), it's just a mixture of everything. So, sorry this is so long. I hardly reply to anything this long. But the point I am making is that everyone is different. Everyone is entitled to be how they want to be regardless of how it is. If we don't agree, then guess what? We have the right to say so. Thank you for your time and attention. sorry
Old 01-06-01   #16
Heathen
Still The Last

Are you 11?
Old 01-06-01   #17
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Credits: 36,396
i am, yes.

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

Old 01-06-01   #18
SpookShowbaby89
Darkness Incarnate

SpookShowbaby89
Credits: 5,553
sorry to interrupt you 2, but I had to add something else:
I don't call that narrow mindness, I call being willing to everyone's opinions and everything else I said, open minded.
Okay I'm done.

Old 01-06-01   #19
Heathen
Still The Last

I know you know you were kidding, Alliance...but I was asking...nevermind.
Old 01-06-01   #20
societysucks
Darkness Incarnate

societysucks
Credits: 13,238
Skorpion
The hair you'll never smell
The lips, the hands you'll never hold