Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Real Vampires....Theory's and Myths
View Poll Results: Do you believe Vampires Exsist
Yes, And they drink blood and turn to ashes in the sun 1 5.88%
Yes... but not like you might think 11 64.71%
No... it's a load of Bull 4 23.53%
I really don't care 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-02   #1
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
Credits: 3,081
Real Vampires....Theory's and Myths

My friends I have learned of the esistance of many things in this world. One such thing is the Modern Vampire.

Believe it or not they are out there...
They not the Goths who dress in the dark clothes, although some of the Goths are vampires too.
They are not the people you have only seen at night clubs and never during the day time
They are not the the satanist you have heard so much about.
The serial Killers or the mad men who drink human blood.

No they are Vampires... Proud and strong.
They are not immortal, but some will claim to be...

I invite you my kin to join this discussion.
Be you sang or psi or sucubi or other.
Let you knowledge be shared and heard...

I invite you who are not my kin to join this discussion
Be you searching for us or interested in us
Confused about us or about yourself
Let your thirst for knowledge be satisfied...

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-02   #2
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
Here is something I will share with all who have asked the question of
Do Vampires Exsist... it is something that was once told to me when I once upon a time asked that question.

Would you really believed if i said yes?
Because there would always be the possibility of me lying to you -perhaps i like pranks. perhaps i like to pose as something i'm not. Perhaps i like to pretend i am something else than what i am.

Would you really believe if i said no?
Because there would always be the possibility of me lying to you -perhaps i want to protect myself, somehow. Or i want the "truth" to be kept from "mortals". Or perhaps i just think it's a clever way to keep you wondering...Or perhaps i don't believe in such beings.

Would you really believe?

If i answer you
Would you believe me, either way?
Would you take my word for it?
Would you be satisfied with the pure, raw knowledge, without having to stick your finger in the wound?

I could tell you i'm a vampire -young, old, doesn't matter. Or i could tell you i hunt for them. Or i could tell you i'm a scholar doing research, searching for the truth about them. or i could tell you i befriended one.

I could probably say, yes, vampires exist and do drink blood. They're a separate species that predate on men.
Actually, They're symbiotic with men, and both species evolved and developped together, depending on each other for survival.

I could tell you that vampires have always blended with humans, and both species share a common genetic background, but they cannot crossbreed.

And i could tell you that in the beginning vampires were a nocturnal species, so sun doesn't kill them, they just prefer darkness, since their senses are better tuned for night hunting and night existance.

And i could tell you that as a nocturnal species, vampires tend to be quite pale, since they were not designed to require defenses (melatonin) from UV radiations from the sun, and that they have highly developped hearing and smell (by smell they can not only track a prey but know if the prey is ill, scared, in heat, or lactating), and they see in black and white, and their eyes are reflective as a cat's eyes or an owl's eyes are in the dark, so they can hunt better in the darkness, but they look quite normal in day light (Just like a cat's eyes seem to glow in the dark, but seem normal in daylight).

And i could tell you that as a predatory species, designed to live from humans, vampires are stronger and faster than humans. Their anatomy is different, they tend to be thinner, leaner. And since they needed to be able to mimic humans, evolution kept vampires appearance similar to humans.

I could probably tell you that, just as humans have evolved thru time from being mainly hervivorous (vegetarians, althought they ate small insects and other small animals) to a omnivorous species (omnivorous species can eat anything, meat, fruits, grains, vegetables, etc.), vampires have evolved as well, and they are now capable of assimilating simple and complex carbohidrates, proteins and aminoacids as a source of nourishment(becoming in fact omnivorous), and not just the hemoglobin their ancestors depended on for their survival (In fact, anyone knows humans can assimilate meat, but not as well as other kinds of fruits -in fact, protein based diets are a sure way for a human to loose weight, and this happens because humans can't assimilate meat very well-; the same could be said for vampires, they can assimilate other kinds of food fairly well, but not as well as protein, specially hemoglobin).

Also, i could tell you vampires have slowly evolved to widthstand their more diurnal activities, by a slow but generalized production of melatonin throughout the species, so their skin is not as pale as it used to be, to protect them from the sun. But they are still very pale and quite sensible to direct sunlight, and get sunburnt quite easily. And some vampires are now capable of seeing in colors, just as humans do, for the same evolutionary reasons, and probably, in the future, all vampires will have cromatic eyesight as the species becomes more and more diurnal.

And i could probably tell you that vampires are not immortal, but their average lifespan is 4 to 5 times longer than the average human lifespan, although they reach sexual maturity at about the same age, more or less, and the aging process of both species is comparatively similar until the mid 20s. But that is nowhere near immortality.

And i could tell you that they tend to avoid life in communities, keeping to themselves, and leading regular lives amongst humans, always struggling to be undetected as a different species.

And i could tell you since the species used to be territorial, and vampyres were single hunters (not cooperative hunters, as humans were) they tend to live alone, and usually aren't socially inclined.

And i could tell you they have struggled to keep their numbers low, and never feed on humans, as this has been the cause of prosecution against their species throughtout history.

BUT - I'm tired....

and it's not human nature to really believe in such things. Not even when they have them plainly in sight. There's always a rational explanation to be found.

So let's pretend i didn't say anything, and you didn't hear anything...
Old 08-23-02   #3
Zephirus
Savage Messiah

Zephirus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 193,901
you see.. I know they are out there... as for myself.. I consider myself very human, but I've come to understand the kin. and I know the pain and the pleasure they pass through, much like humans. the feedings are, a curse and a blessing. a blessing, because is a source of energy and relief... and a curse, because such feedings are needed as an addiction... I've known some who could digest food and disguise themselves like human. it all depends the type of mentality the sang/psy has...
Old 08-23-02   #4
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
So you are saying that you believe in the Classical Vampire
The immortals?
Old 08-23-02   #5
Zephirus
Savage Messiah

Zephirus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 193,901
read again my friend. I was stating that they are not like the classical hollywood vamps. I didn't mention anything about immortality.
Old 08-23-02   #6
Nosferata13
Face in the Mist

Nosferata13
Credits: 2,552
They definately DO exsist.... I am good friends with quite a few, and in a serious relationship with another.... I know they exsist!
But I think he will die right around the same time as I do.... no immortality.....
Old 08-23-02   #7
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Vampires are things of myth, sangs are things of reality, one group should not take the others name.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 08-25-02   #8
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
Explain to me about Sangs?
Old 08-25-02   #9
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

They are regular people that just happen to have a psychological addiction and feel benifited from drinking blood.

Old 08-25-02   #10
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
So What you telling me is the addiction is one made by their own minds... like an addiction to nicotine?
and they don't really benifit from drinking blood?
Old 08-25-02   #11
Nosferata13
Face in the Mist

Nosferata13
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree
Old 08-25-02   #12
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
What do you disagree about?
Explain yourself?
Old 08-25-02   #13
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
So far I have 4 people that think that vampires exist but not as we might think?
I have explained that I believe in evolution and thus some people might have evolved into carnivores that are able to digest blood more effectivly than normal humans....

Any other thoery's
Like the Caine one?
the V5 one? ( anyone know anything about this? )

Mmmm?
Old 08-25-02   #14
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

A addiction to nicotine is a chemical addiction.A better comparision would be a obsessive compulsive disorder, even though that in itself is not completely exact.
They did benifit then it wouldnt be a addiction and wouldnt cause a weak feeling when either type of "vampire"went without.
"The lack of serotonin is said to cause depression which would account for the weak, empty feeling from not "feeding" from another for a period of time".That is more a more realistic theory than someone with a almost mystical power to produce energy from blood.

Old 08-25-02   #15
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Reshtorn
So far I have 4 people that think that vampires exist but not as we might think?
I have explained that I believe in evolution and thus some people might have evolved into carnivores that are able to digest blood more effectivly than normal humans....
Thats a possablity...what would account for the need rather than want for blood?

Old 08-25-02   #16
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
Ok... I'm going to sleep now...it's like 50am here now
...mmmm...speaking of nicotine addictions...
Where are my cigs...

Oh If there are any other theory's on how vampires came to being...

I'm especially interested in the V5 virus

Feel free to post it...

Good night all, cya in the movies.
Old 08-26-02   #17
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,448
So...these vampires...are some sort of superhumans that walks among us? How do they get past the usual ID hassle? Or medical checkups? Childhood? Do they have to work? Or have they all inherited incredible amounts of money along with their powers? Imagine 400 years of weasling out of lunch dates and running back home to feed in solitude, so others wouldn't know what you are...

I'd rather be human.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-26-02   #18
vampire_Hiro_13
Monster

vampire_Hiro_13 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,870
I'd say a lot of questions were left unanswered.

Liek RedMeat's...in his asking on what would account for the need, rather than the desire, of digesting blood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ange De Demon Dieu...svp m'a laissé changer. Laissez l'amour demeurer chez moi une fois de plus...

"your stupid, and you deny feelings from everyone because i think you are scared to know that someonecares"-someone's words to me

People are wicked creatures capable of nothing but betrayal, hatred, and dishonesty. The greatest of these is betrayal. Fuck you all; Burn in Hell. Your screams are sweet sounds unto my ears

Now my anger's growing worse, next ones working as a nurse, have to make a doctors call, drag my body down the hall, grab a scalpel and a blade, time to play the nurse's aid,operate then strap her down,carve her face into a clown.
Old 08-26-02   #19
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Quote:
Originally posted by Clearwitch
So...these vampires...are some sort of superhumans that walks among us? How do they get past the usual ID hassle? Or medical checkups? Childhood? Do they have to work? Or have they all inherited incredible amounts of money along with their powers? Imagine 400 years of weasling out of lunch dates and running back home to feed in solitude, so others wouldn't know what you are...

I'd rather be human.
it is a fairly simple conclusion.... Vampires do not exist.... people however who think that they are vampires do exist.... and these people perpetuate the myth..... drinking blood is not a good way to promote a long and healthy life.....

S.O.D.

Old 08-27-02   #20
Nosferata13
Face in the Mist

Nosferata13
It amazes me how some people can be so set in thier own ways and beliefs as not to allow anything at all that differs from that. I'd rather be open-minded...