Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Better to be a romantc than not, even if it is a Hopeless one

Old 07-19-02   #1
Dark_remnents
All that is man

Dark_remnents
Credits: 15,654
Better to be a romantc than not, even if it is a Hopeless one

This thread runs along the same lines as the earlier thread by straven, but i wanted my own for a change.
Behold my power!!! Muahahaha
Straven talked of love lost, and love not fulfilled, and all i can say is all of us have been there, i have been single for maybe 3 months after a 2 year relationship with a girl that i am still very much in love with. I always thought that i wish that i could never be at the mercy such an unfathomable thing as love... to live a life without that much more added pain is something many people strive for. Admitably i hate being single, and am fairly lonley most of the time, but i have come to grips with it and have learned to accept that which i have not the power to change. But the more i think on it the more i think love is a good thing, even unfullfilled, for truly the ability to care so much for another person is what truly seperates men from the beasts. So to the Hopeless romantics(myself included), carry on! just noticing the number of simaler posts gives me some hope that somewhere there is a Woman that feals the same way, so no matter how bad things seam or feal, never give up, you will be loved and probably are more now than you know. Hopeless romantic? maybe. But better to be a romantic, even a hopeless one, than not being so at all.
the only thing thats real,

The needle tears a hole,
the old familiar sting,
try to kill it all away,
but I remember everything,

HRA for life
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-02   #2
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
Credits: 17,715
hey man, i feel ur pain. i m the hopeless romantic. i have been trying for 9 months to date this girl. and until like 6 months into it did she notice me for what i was. interested in her. so we talked, messed, made out. you know fun shit. and then we stopped, we tried dating and it failed horribly, then we got back together after a pretty ba.... anyway back to the story yah were together now and i dont see an end in sight. im not so lonely anymore but sometimes i feel it. romantic, compassionate, and all over lovable. thats me.
Old 07-19-02   #3
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Credits: 46,583
I was born a hopeless romantic..I only go with someone if I feel that it could mean something...and then I love like no other and in the end suffer like no human could...

In my mind I jumped from wanting love to not..but in my heart it always stayed the same..I needed it. I look for the truth and love in people and rarely find it. I hope to find one just as myself..who feels all the emotions in full force...

Love hurts so much...but I can never escape the need for it....
“The night has a thousand eyes, and the day but one….Yet the light of the bright world dies…with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one…Yet the light of a whole life dies…when love is done…- Francis W. Bourdillon

"The madness of demons is Rage. The madness of angels is Hope."

"We are Grey. We stand between the Candle and the Star"

“Some people are born to be the tears of the world” -me

"Fell from Heaven and her wings shattered like glass. But she's an angel, so of course she got up and walked away. But they still had to scrape her soul off the side walk..."

"Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional-a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience"

"You understand many things but have realized practically nothing"

"Why did you throw the Jack of Hearts away, when that was the only card left I had to play?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-19-02   #4
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
yes.. the same here. love is like a never ending void for ppl like us. we search for it so hard that we miss out on flings and fun most of the time. so scared of the consequences of doing things that we will miss our chance at true love. and then when we find someone we instantl;y fall in love, but sometimes the feelintgs dont flow both ways. and thus far we are hurt badly, more badly then most think. they tease us for this because we try for something that most never find. but be patient we must. for love will come soon enough. we have eternity to find it, some just find it sooner than planned, and dont relize it till its gone. even thought my love never leaves. justs moves on.
Old 07-19-02   #5
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
This threads feels more familar to me than I thought it would.Red gonna go hide now.
*Trundles off*

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 07-19-02   #6
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
yeah...but the weird thing is..is that I am not really interested in flings and such..not in my nature really for the simple fact that I want more...always will...I have had enough meaningless relationships (me caring, them not) and I want something now that'll last. People always say that I need to just have fun..well..in my relationships where I can a lot..I still have fun...now a days I think people believe that a serious relationship isn't fun..but it is with the right person.

I am deathly afriad of missing out on a true love..that and finding it and the person dying...

Emotions are a weird thing to me..because mine can change so quickly..usually from happiness to sorrow..but I cherish mine because I'd like to think that I will find the right guy..and he will get all the love that could ever be recieved from me...and will appreciate it...
“The night has a thousand eyes, and the day but one….Yet the light of the bright world dies…with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one…Yet the light of a whole life dies…when love is done…- Francis W. Bourdillon

"Fell from Heaven and her wings shattered like glass. But she's an angel, so of course she got up and walked away. But they still had to scrape her soul off the side walk..."

"Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional-a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience"

"Why did you throw the Jack of Hearts away, when that was the only card left I had to play?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-19-02   #7
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
^hopeless romantic

Old 07-19-02   #8
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Them dying I dont worry about, for a time that was what I focused on the most.it was nice to think that I`d feel for someone so deeply and pain was the most effective way to activate my emotions during that time.I still sometimes think it would be easier on me than cheating or a break up, that death doesnt sever the ties as much as they would.
<--fReAk

Old 07-19-02   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
the sweetest drug... the most addictive...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-19-02   #10
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
well with normal relationships..breaking up and cheating is a major fear..part of my hudge insecurities...but if I was in a relationship where that wasnt the issue..death would be all that i would fear....

It probably will be easier to accept death than cheating or breaking up..it depends on how it happened and the person....knowing myself it would be the case..but death of a loved one would end in death as well....

Old 07-19-02   #11
Dark_remnents
All that is man

Dark_remnents
I too always search for meaningful relationships, but like red them dying rarely posts much fear for me. I have thought many times that my ex girlfreinds dying would have been much easier to deal with than her dumping me, her dying could be understood, could be dealt with, but i still don't know how someone could take two years of unconditional love and just end it, to me her dumping me is much more hurtful than if she was just no longer around at all, then i wouldn't be able to see her with her new boyfriend, and it wouldn't open up those old wounds all over again

The needle tears a hole,
the old familiar sting,
try to kill it all away,

HRA for life
Old 07-19-02   #12
MorphlingROR
Gatherer of knowledge

MorphlingROR is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,331
*another hopeless romantic walks into room and sits down in a corner...*
Old 07-19-02   #13
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
yes finding love is harder then loving. i always get cheap scated in and out of relationships. i care so much for the person in the relationship but mostly thats all it is, is me caring. i hate that, but i dont see it until they say the words, we should break up, or bring uyp the subject of dating other ppl.
Old 07-22-02   #14
nigrafeles
Mistress of Mishaps

nigrafeles is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,542
I tend to get lost in my dreams. I'll hope for something totally beyond possibility and then I'll be bummed when it doesn't happen, even when I know that my dreams will never come true.

Work like you don't need the money.

Love like you've never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.
Old 07-22-02   #15
painkittie

I tend to live in a dreamworld of my own creation. I want it to last forever and invariably it doesnt. It is great for a while but then it starts to fizzle out and I hate that.
Hopeless romantic, or maybe just hopeless.
Old 07-22-02   #16
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

I slip into one of those worlds now and then just for escapism, its the usual hackned romantic thing for me.I sometimes let it slip into my real life situations but mostly try to keep it at arms length, as a private world.

Old 07-22-02   #17
errantrogue
which one, though?

escapism is normal human behavior for those of us not lucky enough to have the adventure and romance we desire...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-22-02   #18
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Dreams like that..to me are only false hopes...and I am full of them...Love to me now is something that doesnt exist..not the way i feel it anyways..I just have this feeling that no ones heart can match my own..no one understands and can value it....

Old 07-23-02   #19
Dark_remnents
All that is man

Dark_remnents
the more replys to this thread that are posted the more comfotable i seem to find myself... just knowing that there are so many people out there that feal the same as me, think the same as me, the less ostrasized i feal about these emotions. the idea that it is somehow odd to be a romantic, even in the face of so many failures is very comforting, just knowing i am not alone in this respect at least begins to fill the void that has for to long consumed my life.... Or maybe Misery just loves company?

The needle tears a hole,
the old familiar sting,
try to kill it all away,

HRA for life
Old 07-23-02   #20
errantrogue
which one, though?

damn... so much for being unique...