Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Please help

Old 06-30-02   #1
PsychoLetty99
Face in the Mist

PsychoLetty99
Credits: 1,668
Please help

Ok my mom says when i turn 18 I cant move out of the house until i finish high school. But as soon as im 18 i want to move in with my dad b/c my mother has always said no about me movin in with him since i was 8. I mean i have always wanted to live with my dad but have been to scared to stand up to my mom and tell her how i feel. Whenever i try to tell her that she can't stop me from movin out when im 18 I cant. I was just wondering when i turn 18 can i leave and not get into trouble by the law and is there anyway that they can make me stay since ill still be in school.
Old 06-30-02   #2
Seek_1
Face in the Mist

Seek_1
Credits: 1,275
I don't think the law would have anything to do with your school since at 18 you could just drop out of school if you wanted to....

so basically go for it...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-02   #3
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
I'm not sure about the legalities of such things, but I'd guess you could, depending on the distance and if it involves you switching schools. Talk things out with her, or when the time comes, just up and leave if you can't really get along with her. Good luck.
Old 06-30-02   #4
PsychoLetty99
Face in the Mist

PsychoLetty99
thanks for the advice shes always on my case but oh well all parents are like that right! I go to my dads all the time and walk to school from there so it wouldnt be a problem with goin to another school.
Old 06-30-02   #5
Felony Queen
~*Dark Soul*~

Felony Queen
Credits: 11,959
no once you are 18 you are an adult well depends on where ya live. But no you can not get in trouble by law for moving out. Plus if you are going to school still. then there is realy nothing that can be said. so go for it. good luck. I am going on no sleep for the past week so saorry if this came out all jumbled!

:mofo:
Old 06-30-02   #6
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
Yeah, I don't think she could do shit about it...good luck...
Old 07-04-02   #7
scull420
dri's large sex slave

scull420
Credits: 2,220
you probally will not listen to me because everyone is pissed at me. but the honest truth in it all is that she wants to be able to take care of i do not know if you are the youngest or what but you are probally her baby and not baby as in spoiled but in as the youngest and last to be able to take care of so just stay till you get out of school then move in with your dad
Old 07-04-02   #8
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
Credits: 17,715
when ur 16 you can choose where u want to live
but it has to be with a parent so if you want to you could leave right now the cops cant bring you back as long as its a mom or dad. so you liove ur life the way u want. it will turn out for u in iether the best or worse.:metalhead
Old 07-04-02   #9
PsychoLetty99
Face in the Mist

PsychoLetty99
thanx

I think the best thing for me to do is wait until im 18 otherwise she will carry me to court and i dont want to go through all that trouble . One she's a manipulative bitch and she always gets her way or else. THe cops have been by my house for different things and she always finds a way to talk herself out of it while anybody else is about to get arrested will but she wont . Fuck I hate cops. They would always tell my dad to leave or he will get arrested when my parents were married but the thing is i was always around when my dad got home and she would always start stuff and she would end up callin the cops and my dad would have to leave it was the same wit my stepdad but he deserved to be arrested. anyway when ever the cops would come she would start cryin sayin this and that lyin her ass off and he would either get arrested or they made him go somwhere else. although i wanted to tell the cops what happened but if i did she wouldve yelled and screamed until i burst out in tears which is when she would stop but oh well i have a year and 4 1/2 months until i can move out i guess since my dad dont have enough money for court.
Old 07-04-02   #10
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
Credits: 17,715
yah i know how it is. but once ur 18 she cant do anything to u. u could walk out the door, flick her off, kick her in te teeth and shit. it dont matter, well except for the last one. u might go to jail for assault. if you turn her in, then ul;l feel bad, if u leave now, your dad gets alot of un needed attention with legalities. just wait iot out, bite your tongue, andf her if must be, she can do whatever she wants now, but ur freedom is at hand.:metalhead
Old 07-10-02   #11
Haardkoor
W@ndering Star

Haardkoor
Credits: 50,450
if u want, and u got good reasons, even court will give u yer right... and yer mom will have to pay for everything if she looses the case (which she will, so I dont think she would try sueing u) but anyhow... I know what it's like and whtvr happens, believe in yerself, and take care, and u should do what u feel is right, not what others say is right cuz sumtimez... sumtimz u can be right as well, u get my point??? k

take c overthere...