Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page uh...flowers

Old 06-11-02   #1
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
uh...flowers

Yeah, I had no idea where else to put this, so I figured I'd ask here. Its sort of looking for advice, after all.

Ok, just looking for dumb little ways to continue to go that extra little bit to be "sweet" in the eyes of my girlfriend. Now my question is this: What do various flowers represent?

Roses and carnations are boring, everyone knows what they mean and they are so COMMON. So what are some other flowers that could be appropriate and what exactly do they mean? I'm sure that some of you female type people know this. I don't. Please...
Old 06-11-02   #2
Moridin
Lost Journey's Teddy Bear

Moridin
Credits: 19,833
These should help:
Language of Flowers 1
Language of Flowers 2

"Marijuana grows naturally, it comes from nature. And yet it's outlawed. Doesn't banning nature seem a bit.. I dunno... Unnatural??"
-Bill Hicks
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-02   #3
thefinalw0rd

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
Thanks, that sort of helped...anything else though? Those weren't really too in-depth...and too complicated for my tired brain to bother going through (second one)
Old 06-12-02   #4
Moridin

Moridin
Dude.. what more do you want from me? You want me to buy you a damn book on it and mail it?

try going to ask.com or google and gettin the info for your own lazy ass

focker

"Marijuana grows naturally, it comes from nature. And yet it's outlawed. Doesn't banning nature seem a bit.. I dunno... Unnatural??"
-Bill Hicks
Old 06-12-02   #5
thefinalw0rd

Sorry. Damn, you don't have to get all defensive...I was think maybe of other people? Usually you get the best info when you get a lot of ideas from different people. I just want some other things, thats all. I didn't mean any offense or something like that...
Old 06-12-02   #6
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
Credits: 17,715
hey finalword,

why instead of buying the flowers, pick them. go out to a patch of grass in the field somewhere and pick some really wild flowers that you only find in certain areas, this way she knows you gad to gho the extra mile for them. you know what i mean. may not be much and after you pick a flower you can give me a discription of it and ill find it for you.
Old 06-12-02   #7
Allesandra
Self Obsession Honey

Location: ...in a wide open space, it's freezing, you'll never get to Heaven with a smile on your face from me...
Allesandra
Credits: 12,930
Seeing as how no-one here seems to really know much about what flowers mean... maybe your girlfriend won't, either..

If I were you, I'd just choose something that looked and smelled good... and maybe... create a personal meaning for them..?
Old 06-12-02   #8
thefinalw0rd

She sort-of does...I'm not sure to what extent...but we were talking about the subject, because her friends boyfriend got her 3 roses today. So they were talking a little about it.

I don't care so much about what they mean as much as...gah its hard to explain.
Old 06-12-02   #9
Allesandra
Self Obsession Honey

Location: ...in a wide open space, it's freezing, you'll never get to Heaven with a smile on your face from me...
Allesandra
Credits: 12,930
*nods* Mmmmkay. Never mind, then. Sorry.
Old 06-12-02   #10
LOVER2NO1
Embracer Of The Dark

LOVER2NO1
Credits: 17,715
WELL GOOD LUCK AND DONT TAKE ANY ADVICE FROM ME i cant keep things going for shit. me and meggan didnt last a month. we broke up tonight. i let her go, and i think i broke up with her.

(makes evil face and grabs his fists "dont hit the wall, hit the car down the street from the library" leaves in 5 minutes to break the window) fuckin shit mother fuckin stupid ass fran get it through your head you cant win. fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry man couldnt help it. ill leave now and corrupt my own place.
Old 06-12-02   #11
thefinalw0rd

Don't let it bother you. It was bound to happen...

Things pop up when you least expect it. I had nearly given up on things for a while before Jocelyn came along. And look what I nearly passed up?

Don't beat yourself up over it. It happens to all of us. You'll deal with it.

Just don't move in on Jocelyn.

(You know I'm kidding, I know you wouldn't)
Old 06-14-02   #12
smoky_wisp
weeping under the willow

Location: Lingering along the edge of time and mingling among the slithers of light.
smoky_wisp
Credits: 19,644
final, ... i don't know much about the meanings of flowers ....but i do like them...

..maybe you could pick out something that is really delicately beautiful....

..like... bird of paridise..(this one may look better in an arrangement w/ other flowers).... very pretty and exotic looking... pretty orchids.. white ones are nice.. or pale purple.... hmm can't think of others right off... those two or my favs..

...if she likes oriental styling... then the bamboo plants are nice and the number of stalks you buy do have a meaning... sorry ..i don't remember all the meanings..

theres also a pretty flower that looks similar to an upturned trumpet... don'tknow the name of it.. but it's sometimes sold in arrangements.. and those are nice too...

hope this helps somewhat ..
Old 06-14-02   #13
thefinalw0rd

Yeah, that helped a little more. Thanks.
Old 06-16-02   #14
Moridin

Moridin
Quote:
Originally posted by thefinalw0rd
Sorry. Damn, you don't have to get all defensive...I was think maybe of other people? Usually you get the best info when you get a lot of ideas from different people. I just want some other things, thats all. I didn't mean any offense or something like that...
lol.. Dude.. So you know.. I was just fuckin witcha.. I don't get offended that easily.

List of the things that offend and/or piss Moridin off:
People hitting on Lost
Men harming women
People hitting on Lost
rape/molestation jokes
People hitting on Lost
People being seriously abusive, not like, joking around, for no reason
People hitting on Lost
When people just can't take a hint
And... People hitting on Lost

-Bill Hicks
Old 06-16-02   #15
thefinalw0rd

mmm. So you wouldn't by any chance mind if I hit on Lost, would you?
Old 06-21-02   #16
Underground0Bab
VOID-VOID-VOID

Location: This great place called here, have you ever been, here? I know you would love it, and never leave this place, even if you wanted to you can't escape
Underground0Bab is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,834
I don't know your girlfriend or anything, but personally flowers are great but something a bit more original would be something I would like more. Something like a bonsai tree or a fish. Something that none of her friends boyfriends have done. Try something that isn't too hard to take care of, but something that won't die a few days later like a rose, that way she has something to look at and think of you for a while, instead of a few days.
As I lay in your arms, I think. You never could complete me, you could never fill the void, but atleast, you would never make me cry. You would never make me want to die. But is it better to be truly in love, than here with you in a world that nothing is complete, nothing is whole, because you are not him, the one I truly love.

Candy From Strangers - Sweetly Stupid
Old 06-21-02   #17
thefinalw0rd

Actually, I gave her a Stitch doll (like from the movie, Lilo and Stitch) and managed to start a trend of that somehow...suddenly all these girls who had seen her with it wanted one. That was cool. I guess I'll just have to keep thinking of stuff.
Old 06-21-02   #18
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Quote:
Originally posted by LOVER2NO1
hey finalword,

why instead of buying the flowers, pick them. go out to a patch of grass in the field somewhere and pick some really wild flowers that you only find in certain areas, this way she knows you gad to gho the extra mile for them. you know what i mean. may not be much and after you pick a flower you can give me a discription of it and ill find it for you.
Just be careful not to pick any endangered species, like lady slippers.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 06-21-02   #19
Moridin

Moridin
Quote:
Originally posted by thefinalw0rd
mmm. So you wouldn't by any chance mind if I hit on Lost, would you?
*sits there, hitting a crowbar with the word "Brunhilda" painted on it against the flat of his palm* Just as long as you don't mind my friend Brunhilda hitting on you.

-Bill Hicks
Old 06-21-02   #20
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
Credits: 12,743
Flowers

I think wildflowers are beautiful... orchaids...

*gently pries Brunhilda from Mori's palms, and jacksmacks him into the wall with her* There, now she hit on you. *smirks*

- The cold, the snow, the midnight winter solstice. These things I have in my soul. And I have learned use them... become them.

- Birth. Become. Evolve. Destroy. Yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lost_Journey; 06-21-02 at 18:34.