Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Too emotional?

Old 05-09-02   #1
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Credits: 46,583
Too emotional?

For the past 3 relationships i've been really paranoid ...i cant blame myself because my past relationships were horrible, all my paranoia was true...But i have a b/f right now and i love him a lot, i've known him for 2 years and we are really close. But the thing is, is that no matter how sweet he is and how good of a boyfriend he is to me, i am always paranoid that he is loosing interest, cheating on me or something...not neccessarily cheating tho...most of my fear is the lossing interest part. I've told him as much because he can tell when i am upset..he usually gives me a hug to reassure me when he see that. I know im crazy but i have NO idea how to stop this paranoia...i dont want it to ruin our relationship..he says things like "why are you paranoid, you have no reason to be" or something like "i'm not like the other guys you have dated"...i know he is true..this i know..but i cant stop the paranoia creeping up and biting my heart...*sighs*i've been this way for a long time now and i want to stop for him, do you guys have any idea on how i can control this? I have finnally found the right guy and i dont want to loose him because of the assholes i've dated before...
“The night has a thousand eyes, and the day but one….Yet the light of the bright world dies…with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one…Yet the light of a whole life dies…when love is done…- Francis W. Bourdillon

"The madness of demons is Rage. The madness of angels is Hope."

"We are Grey. We stand between the Candle and the Star"

“Some people are born to be the tears of the world” -me

"Fell from Heaven and her wings shattered like glass. But she's an angel, so of course she got up and walked away. But they still had to scrape her soul off the side walk..."

"Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional-a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience"

"You understand many things but have realized practically nothing"

"Why did you throw the Jack of Hearts away, when that was the only card left I had to play?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-02   #2
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
This is just my opinion but I think the deal is that from the past relationships you have the structure for your emotional security.Try writing all of the things you know he is and all the positive points you have together but word it positivly too not "hes not like the others" or "he wont betray me" as they are just counter negitives.Try "he`s unique" and "he`s faithful to me".
Paranoia is a thought that turns into a negitive feeling, you can cut out the negitive feelings by bluntly refusing to accept the thought as a possablity and only accepting a more positive and realistic view instead of pessimism.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 05-10-02   #3
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,566
Yes, RedMeat has a good strategy there. I've had some trust problems because of a fucking bitch that cheated on me, but I just finally got over it over the past week with my current girlfriend...I just thought "I know things are great with us. She really cares. I trust her." And its paid off...
Old 05-11-02   #4
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Thanks a lot you two for what you said, it made me feel better. Red- your last statements helped a lot..im going to try to stop the paranoia thoughts simply by feeling they couldnt happen...most of the time its my mind that thinks of the horrible and i make myself upset.

Thefinalword-i'll keep in mind the thought you have in your last statement..thanks
“The night has a thousand eyes, and the day but one….Yet the light of the bright world dies…with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one…Yet the light of a whole life dies…when love is done…- Francis W. Bourdillon

"Fell from Heaven and her wings shattered like glass. But she's an angel, so of course she got up and walked away. But they still had to scrape her soul off the side walk..."

"Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional-a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience"

"Why did you throw the Jack of Hearts away, when that was the only card left I had to play?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-11-02   #5
Tainted Soul
Darkness Incarnate

Tainted Soul will become famous soon enough
Credits: 76,172
I had the same problem. My g/f and I broke up a week ago today. It started a few days ago when she said I was too emotional and I should talk to one of her friends because she never finds emotional guys, and my g/f always finds too many. (ouch) But, I was paranoid and scared that she was going to find someone better, and I guess that it just got to her that I was so insecure about our relationship. So yeah.
Old 05-12-02   #6
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
I am sorry, paranoia and trust issues always ruin a relationship, i am sorry that you didnt have the chance to save yours. I hope that things improve.. please take care......

Old 05-19-02   #7
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
It's not working....

Old 05-20-02   #8
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Thats because its not a quick fix thing, its long term.Its almost like an addiction, you`ve had it for so long you dont know how to stop and barely notice when its reduced slightly and if something bad happens you go back to the old ways.Its hard but you can do it when you have support already.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 05-20-02   #9
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Mix camamile, rosehip and nettle flower, make some sort of tea with it and drain the water into a cup. It does work. Alternatively... Smoke weed. *Realises she yet again is delving to much into her herb knowledge*

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 05-20-02   #10
Count Crapula
Ghost of a TX Ladies' Man

Count Crapula
Credits: 42,783
Heinous, I wish I had better advice for you, but as many here know right now, I am about the most messed up emotionally anyone can be. My wife left me, not for someone better, as she openly admits, but just for someone else. All I can tell you is, go with your initial reaction. It is usually correct. Trust in your instincts. If you feel this is for real, go with it. There is always a small level of fear, as is the case with life, in general. Paranoia isn't an affliction, it is a suvival mechanism. Be open, honest, and free. But, always, be prepared. Aw, never mind. I am just a bitter, fatalistic realist, and that is truly sad. Enjoy your happiness. Be in control of your happiness. Make it yours. You deserve it. Make others earn it. Stay sweet, and kick ass. And if you ever need advice from someone who has been there, PM me. Good luck, and all happiness.

"Why don't you go practice falling down, I'll be there in a minute." -Joe Dirt

"Meat's meat, and a man's gotta eat." - Farmer VIncent

**WildAngelofEve is my guardian angel
**Jordyn saved my life
**Vamptress is my beautiful sculptress.
**DedMetlBitch666!!! Damn! 'Nuff said...
**CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
**The DarkRain is so soothing to my soul...
Old 05-20-02   #11
thefinalw0rd

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
Yeah, like Red said, its not quick. You gotta get used to it. You'll get over it, but it'll take some time. Maybe that's not what you want to hear, but its true.
Old 05-20-02   #12
Feroluce
Brain Candy

Feroluce is on a distinguished road
Credits: 99,822
Another approach, but it's a long term fix rather than a quicky

Look at it this way, If he's going to leave you then he will, there's nothing you can do about it so don't worry about it.
Or just take it for granted that someday he will leave you (everybody does eventually, one way or another).
Don't spoil what you have now by worrying about it, don't let the future spoil the present.
Live for the moment
Enjoy what you have now before it's gone.

If you have that attitude he won't leave you

Trust me, I've been on his side too many times to count, it's far easier to leave someone who doesn't trust you than someone who does.

If in doubt, talk to him about it

© Feroluce™ 2001-11, The authors, affiliates and their subsidiary companys accept no responsability for any coherence in the above or any aforementioned or prior correspondance. The above opinion may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.
Old 05-20-02   #13
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Thanks a lot, i know its not a quick fix because i've been this way my whole life to prepare myself for dissapointment. I am just gonna have to be patient...i talk to my friends about it and they call me crazy because they see how much he loves me and everything..he talks about our future for god sakes...Its not that im constantly paranoid, just when a situation will pop up, like a girl showing interest in him for example, i'll get afraid that he'll want her over me or something like that..then it always turns out that he cant stand the girl or doesnt care to know her, wraps his arms around me and says that he is glad he found me because every one else annoys him. *sighs* I'm relying a lil on my friends support at the moment, because they are a different veiw and all they see is him loving me...grr...cant stand my emotions, they are so fucked up..more to my emotions than this. But i am going to try to live the present as is and cherish what i have..the most screwed up thing is that even tho im scared..i cant see him leaving me for the fact of who he is and how he is..

Count Crapula~I am so sorry to hear about your misery, i wish love wasnt so harsh to our hearts..as i you i dont know what advice to give..but i give as you did; open arms to advice or conversation if you need it. thank you...

Old 05-22-02   #14
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,876
Emotional????!!!!! Hormones rule my life!!! So shit! yes, i get paranoid too. Especially around "my moons". Not very nice. Hard to control. No drugs fo PSM work.....sigh. Sorry, I've kinda gone off the subject, I guess.
Old 05-22-02   #15
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

PMS....keyboards will be the death of me! Agh!!

:greenalie
Old 05-22-02   #16
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
*laughs kindly* I am sorry..i dont get paranoid because of PMS, PMS actually makes it worse. Everything is hard to control these days

Old 05-22-02   #17
thefinalw0rd

Well, I'm glad you're going to try. Being a guy, this PMS thing is my cue to leave this thread...my one friend described her period in excruciating detail to us and it was very not cool.
Old 05-23-02   #18
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Yeah i am trying, but he seems sad lately...he is tired of being in our school and every one bothers him..i dont know what to do to help ease it except just be there...maybe thats all i need to do....

LOL..dont worry..the period convo has passed. Hey, you think its so sick and everything, how do you think us females feel? we think it is gross as well and it hurts..we have to deal with it for most of our lives...feeling gross...gr...wish guys understood...

Old 05-25-02   #19
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

*Blushes* PMS makes everything worse. I take everything out of proportion. So grim. Then peeps yap at you for being in a bad mood and that doesn't help it. I swear...it's getting worse and worse for me. I feel I need to be locked up like a dog in heat for about two weeks!

I love teasing boys about how gross periods are. Teehee. The look on their faces...bless.

:greenalie
Old 05-25-02   #20
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Quote:
Originally posted by thefinalw0rd
Well, I'm glad you're going to try. Being a guy, this PMS thing is my cue to leave this thread...my one friend described her period in excruciating detail to us and it was very not cool.
Haha! Bless!

:greenalie :greenalie