Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Help...my hair is shit!

Old 04-25-02   #1
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

SilverNymph is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,086
Help...my hair is shit!

Gahhh I have long straight hair....boring as fuck...it will not hold a single curl for more then a minute as they just drop right out.
I wear it either down, in one pony tail or in bunches.

Is there something else I could do with it? I don't want it cut as I like it long and it has taken me a long time to get it as long as it is.

I have never been any good with hair and was wondering if you lovely peeps have any ideas as to what I can do with it.
I am not into the goth style of dressing etc...I look more like a skater (for want of a better way of describing my attire) so anything that you think would look cool in my hair or something I could do with it...any input is greatly appreciated.

Love SilverNymph XXxx
Old 04-25-02   #2
blackmoon
Unchained

blackmoon
Credits: 6,067
Mine's long and straight as a stick, too. It sucks. Everyone I know with curly hair say that they'd trade with me any day of the week, though. So, maybe people like you and me got it going on. hehehe Sorry, I'm not much help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Seems so sick to the hypocrite norm, running their boring drills. But we are an elite race of our own...the stoners, junkies, and freaks.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-02   #3
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

Lol, maybe we have got it going Any input is welcome

My mate reckons she can get my hair to stay curled for at least one night.....I doubt it...but hey anything is worth a try.

SilverNymph XXxx
Old 04-26-02   #4
Acid Dream
Lost Inside Myself

Acid Dream
Credits: 23,230
Try using hair defining wax and then curling it. Thats how I get my hair to curl and it usually lasts all day. Hope it works Silver.
Old 04-28-02   #5
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
play with hair dyes.

you could dye your hair one colour and the tips another contrasting colour

e.g. black with coloured tips [any colour would look good - prefereable crazy and bright] would funky
Old 04-28-02   #6
Zenith Lorelei
undiagnosed

Zenith Lorelei
Credits: 6,082
yeah like masochist said, play with color. Color is definitely very fun.

She tells me that she's cold with a cigarette in her hand,
And I say, "You think I'm not?" but she does not understand,
And I'd love to swing my fist around to meet that perfect cheek,
But I love her in a way, and yes, I'm altogether weak...
Old 04-28-02   #7
masochist
Still Hungry

just remember if your hair is dark and you want funky vibrant colour you'll need to bleach first. and bleach lots.

i want green hair
i want blue hair
i want purple hair
i want red hair

i want to do it in that order too - it means i can do it gradually without having to strip the colour. as one colour fades, i'll put the next one in. and i'm looking forward to the black re-growth

but my skin is a bitch at the moment and since hair dye and bleach will make it fry and die, i have to wait.

i want my hair long again so i can do the tips a different colour

and if you dont like it, just snip it off!

easy peasy
Old 05-01-02   #8
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

Thanks for the tips peeps, I have dyed my hair many many times..many many different ways...I cannot bleach out the balck right now as it would trash my hair...

I used a waxy type thing and my hair was curled for a whole night I may bleavch just the ends of my hair and dye the tips like you suggested ...I think fluro pink would be cool
Old 05-01-02   #9
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio/Dark Bard

The Necromancer
Credits: 8,150
Dreadlocks! No foolin either. Yeah, they can look all nasty and stuff, but they can look awe inspiring to. Really they look as good as the amount of effort you put into them.

I suggest www.dreadheadhq.com

Dreadlocks are a commitment though.

Confidence is a set of brass knuckles, a chain, two nines, a sawed off, a base ball bat, and twenty friends to back you up.
Old 05-08-02   #10
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

I have had my hair all sorts fo colours...I used to beach and dye a lot.

I thought about dreads but if I hate it there is only one way out of dreads....shave them off and I simply couldn't shave my hair off...I would look awful I dont have the right face for it.

I guess I will stregthen my hair up a bit and then play with bleach again

Thankyou all for your ideas

*Loves*

SilverNymph XXxx
Old 05-08-02   #11
transgenix
2broken2care

transgenix
Credits: 3,692
i'd avoid the shaving head routine if i were you hun...

Old 05-09-02   #12
skinless_barbie
~gutter glitter~

skinless_barbie
Credits: 54,785
nymphy baby.. i would kill for your hair!!

my hair isnt straight ir curly or wavy.. its thick and is a mixture of everything and is fucking boooooofy!

my aunty got me a hair straightener but i'm too lazy to use it so all i can do... is tie it up in a pony tail or piggy tails

i tried call that waxy stuff and nooo nothing helps..

*sigh*

*puts a paper bag over her bed hair and walks outta the thread*

*pops head back in*
why dont you get braids/plats in it? i dunno or youshave bits of your hair and leave the rest long.. i saw it on this chick once it looked really superfulus

ok i'm leaveing nowww
Old 05-10-02   #13
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
One thing:

If you are going to dye your hair, do NOT... and I repeat... DO NOT use Clairol Herbal Essence Hair Color.

Why? Because they've put something in that, to make the color 'more intense' which is all good and well, but unfortunately it's a lightening agent which is horrible for your hair, and if you don't have the right kind of hair to go with it, then you'll end up having something happen to you, like what happened to me.

I have naturally dark brown hair, almost black. I had a couple streaks bleached out a while back, and got green put in them. Well, I had a job interview coming up, and the green had faded to this sickly greenish yellow shade, so I figured I'd best dye my hair. I selected a super dark red shade, one that I figured with the bleached streaks, would look a slightly lighter shade, and would add a tiny amount of red tinge to my already really dark hair. Well... what happened, was the lightening agent ruined my hair, made it horribly brittle and dry, the stuff stunk worse than any other hair dye I've ever used, and you know how your hair is usually darker when it's wet? Well mine was lighter, and a very bright red when it was wet, and then the red toned down as it dried. Unfortunately, as time went on, my roommate who is a hairdresser and I basically sat there and watched my hair color fade. Not really "fade" per say, more like metamorph into a totally different shade. My interview was the next morning, and I was thinking, "Oh shit" and hoping that it would stop this rapid lightening thing real soon. It didn't. By the morning, what had started out as a dark shade of red, had turned into a blood orange shade of red, and it looked positively HORRIBLE. So she took me to work with her, and I had an emergency hair fix in the salon. *laughs*

The experience has left me very disgusted with pharmacy hair dye products in general, and even though out of many experiences with them, I only had one bad one... that was all it is gonna take. I am -never- using a boxed hair dye again. If I want my hair done, I'll pay that extra bit of money for the quality and assurance, and go to the salon. I'm actually going in there again pretty soon, to have my hair returned to its natural color. When we went in the last time, I just had it fixed to a dark brown with red tints and the lightening crap in the Clairol Herbal Essences has still been lightening my hair, though so though it's not as bad as it was, it's a lighter red than it was when I first had it fixed. Bleh.

Ahh well. I have roots showing now, so they can tell -exactly- what shade should be used. *Grins*

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 05-10-02   #14
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
Wow... I looked at the back of my hair earlier today... I like.

Anyway, should I do anything special with for prom tomorrow?

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
Old 05-11-02   #15
masochist
Still Hungry

is it too late yet? it's sunday here so maybe it's not too late for you since we're ahead. wear a top hat if you don't want to do anything. it's so very classy
Old 05-30-02   #16
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Credits: 127,114
My hair is long and straight . . . . but I've no problem with it being boring. Sometimes that in itself is a statement.

But if you ever feel the need to chop your hair, make sure you donate it. I think it's called Locks For Love, but they make wigs for the cancer patients . . . . . a million people I know have butchered and donated their hair to it. It's a really good cause, I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 05-30-02   #17
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,876
There is so much you can do with hair no matter what hair type you have.

People who have frequent problems with their hair usually do because they "over work" their hair. In other words, making silly mistakes like drying their hair when it is too wet or using too much styling products.

Try changing your hair brush. People with straight hair should use natural bristle brushes. The hair weaves through the brush with a good tension.

If you want to staighten your hair or curl it...it is always about choosing the correct products for maximum effect.

Watch how you wash your hair, too much conditioner will make your hair limp. Conditioner should be applied to the ends of your hair were it is needed, not the roots. Shampoo should be applied to the roots first before the end.

Hope this helps a bit, at least.
Old 05-31-02   #18
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Credits: 127,114
What happened to my super helpful hair care thread?

I've been away for a long time

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 06-03-02   #19
SilverNymph
A vision in pink

Heehee Don't worry Trangenix hunny I ain't going to shave my head :p I have be growing it for sometime now and it is halfway down my back... I ain't getting rid of it

I have had it curled my friend did it and it did stay in....most of the night

I usually leave it down and straight or put it in pigtails/bunches or a single ponytail at the back....I just wish i could do more with it....I do like my hair but I get bored so easy.

I do make mistakes like shattered said..I always blow dry it...bad bad thing to do. I dye it every month..that doesn't help I know but I cannot have the colour stripped out as my hair would fall out and growing it out is NOT an option as I have blonde hair which is dyed black and the roots coming through look awful...not cool at all just a fucking mess.

*sighs*

I guess I have to try to strengthen it then get it stripped and then let my natural colour come back through...then start the cycle again when I have healthy hair

SilverNymph XXxx
Old 06-03-02   #20
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,876
Getting your hair stripped is not a good idea, believe me!
Can't you let it grow out naturally? Yes, it would be painstakingly boring to wait...but better that than not having any hair!

:greenalie