Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Downfall: Society

Old 03-06-02   #1
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Credits: 8,726
Downfall: Society

Do you think that our society is headed up or down?
Where do you see our world in 10 years?
Where do you see the U.S. in 10 years?
How do you think our current issues (ie. Cloning, The war on terrorism, Nanotech) will work out by then?...
Do you think they will work out at all?
Old 03-06-02   #2
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Sphyre is on a distinguished road
Credits: 56,861
Right now I think everything is at a standstill. Nothing will be decided until some one makes a move, and a big one, in any of those areas. I know that our society is going down, but how long will it be before it crashes? Hard to tell. The world I would love to say would have a new superpoer and our country enslaved, but I can't. I don't know when the US will fall or why. Clothing and other such things will only be of any concern if the world is still ok. If the US has been taken over, we won't give a shit I think (at least here)

It all kind of depends on what happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-02   #3
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Well as far as the War on Terrorism goes, theres constant effort on Bush's part to wipe out the entire Taliban... but I'm pretty sure it's not because he wants to illiminate Terrorism... it's just profitable... that and the fact that the Taliban know about Bush's dirty little secret... he doesn't want it to leak so he's doing everything he can to do away with anyone who knows about it and can provide hard evidence....

Aside from that, our society (especially in the U.S.) is headed for a major fall... Our fianacial empire is crumbling... soon with new regulations in place alot of companies are gonna go under.. I'm gessing the ones that dont will likely be linked directly to the government... anotherwords the people up top will be running just about everything... but then that will likely fall as well in a public uprising... after that... it's hard to say...
Old 03-06-02   #4
Billy the banned

Why do you keep posing these annoying pseudo-intellectual questions maxx? It snot like anyone here has the answers...and i sweat this is the umpteenth time i seen a variation of this one in particular...seriously..ponder to yourself or run a question search.

Christ's sake..why does everyone always see our world going down fuckin hill? I mean people have been saying its gonna end since the dawn of fuckin mankind. Every year is the end of the world....theres more crime theres more this theres more that.. bullshit!

The world is getting better how does that sound??? HUH? At no other time in history has there been this many not-starving people, and this least amount of slavery.

People thought the world was going to hell when they invented the wheel, then when they learned to smelt metal, then when they discovered how to make electricity..oh so lemme guess.... now its cloning and such? Malarky!

I find it soooo super arrogant that someone thinks the end of the world HAS to come within thier life time...bullshit.

Seriously...there isnt more crim and disease now than there was 500 years ago..in fact if anthing theres less as we gain more civility and technological advancement. I mean when was the last time Viking raiders sacke your village or your entire country was wiped out with bubonic plague? Ill wager its never come to pass...but oh the news said some little girl was killed today and set on fire..what they didnt set girls on fire 100 years ago? or 300 years ago? or maybe even 1000 years ago? im sure the Women burnt at the stake wouldnt agree.... shit the only thing now is that our technology allows us to see more and more and hear every little fuckin detail that we think its getting worse and worse...when in reality it isnt. Its either exactly the same as it has always been or were getting better, not because we are better people but because our collective knowledge makes it easier to sustain life and touch a piece of everybodys...so quit being so fuckin pessimistic for shits sake your killin my high!
Old 03-06-02   #5
Billy the banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx

Aside from that, our society (especially in the U.S.) is headed for a major fall... Our fianacial empire is crumbling... soon with new regulations in place alot of companies are gonna go under.. I'm gessing the ones that dont will likely be linked directly to the government... anotherwords the people up top will be running just about everything... but then that will likely fall as well in a public uprising... after that... it's hard to say...
They have been saying this same thing since the US was created. I dont believe it if anything the changes will not come monumentally but in increments so everyone can adjust. Just the way usually does...i mean when was the last time something radical happend here? The revolution? no my bad....Civil war thingy....but even that wasnt as radical as people think. And the way were set up now that wouldnt happen again.
So our economy has something going on its falling apart???? Not likely..it may be taking some shots but thats the nature of the beast...it goes down it comes up they call it a fluctuating economy afterall..theres highs and lows we are simply going into the next low. Also when you think about it there has been worse things..like the depression...but that only made us stronger in the end. Stop being so apocolyptic.The people on op have always run everyhting we live in a government based on English and ROman philosophy...we choose people who run shit for us...i mean youd need a mighty big farmhouse to get every american in to cast a vote to be completely democratic. Serisouly...a public uprising? Are you from Montana? do you Believe there is some huge race war or huge population uprising comming if you do youre a silly one indeed.
Old 03-06-02   #6
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
Why do you keep posing these annoying pseudo-intellectual questions maxx? It snot like anyone here has the answers...and i sweat this is the umpteenth time i seen a variation of this one in particular...seriously..ponder to yourself or run a question search.
...I get bored... and talking about anything immidiatly within my surroundings bores the fuck out me moreso...
...And trust me I do alot of my own research and pondering....
..and no, I dont expect anyone here to have the answers... in fact most people on here dont even have an interesting opinion to put down... however there are a few select individuals (u included) that sometimes argue my points with logic and clarity... that helps me keep the boredom away for a few more minutes...

...In response to the later part of your post...
I've only come up with one date for the end of the world through my research.. and it hasn't come yet... but I wasn't running around outside all of december 1999 screaming about the appocalypse.... I never thought 2000 would have been it...

Also I dont think the world will end because of old deseases or famine.... it's much more likely it will be due to our own technological advancement... but personally I dont think it will be a bomb or a meteor.... but something much more unexpected...
Old 03-06-02   #7
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
Are you from Montana?
No.... I'm not....

I know things have always changed slowly.... and I'm guessing people who fear change are reluctant to accept it even if it's there... But immagine if all the things the government keeps tightly under wraps suddently became public knowledge... would that be a good enough cause for a large change to take effect?
Old 03-06-02   #8
Billy the banned

Im of the min that things are always bound to get better no mtter what..everything strives for perfection. If society as we know it falls then it would be replaced by something newer and better since it will be built over the failures of another thing.

Dont forget the old sayings
Destruction breeds Creation, there can be no new without the losing of the old.

And

Through failure we succeed...its all trial and error...
but hey i like to think that we would end up kinda like Demolition man...Be well citizen Maxx.
Old 03-06-02   #9
Billy the banned

Quote:

No.... I'm not....

I know things have always changed slowly.... and I'm guessing people who fear change are reluctant to accept it even if it's there... But immagine if all the things the government keeps tightly under wraps suddently became public knowledge... would that be a good enough cause for a large change to take effect?
No it wouldnt...it would piss people off, but then they would realize that the government had to keep it under wraps for various reasons... I honestly dont care what they could be hiding, everything is done for a reason..Training Bin Laden was merely to fight the russians as they were growing...
Maybe they forsaw him doing what he did as well so we could wage a stupid war on him as well....maybe we did it so we can crush them and have a foothold in the Middle east..so we can get our hands on their Oil..i mean its wicked and deceitful but it only benefits our country in the long run..we dont want to be dependant on a bunch of fatcats over there who hate our way of life...with fickle allied ties to strange characters and such...id take being dependant on an american fat cat any day over someone who isnt even form this country...then at least we can stand together if the country is ever under fire.
Old 03-06-02   #10
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
I agree... nobody can stand in the way of progress...
If we die out maybe the dinasours will come back and do what we never could... no argument there.... but this particular thread is about OUR society... and it's potential downfall(s)...

As for striving for perfection....
Well... what happens when we get there?
(please dont resort to 'We'll never achieve perfection'... it's hypothetical)
Old 03-06-02   #11
Billy the banned

Ya know i also read somewhere that the ultimate goal the US has for the middle east is to get the oil reserves into a christian countrys hands.... i dunno seems tricky, but makes sense too..anyone else ever heard of that?
Old 03-06-02   #12
Billy the banned

Quote:
I agree... nobody can stand in the way of progress...
If we die out maybe the dinasours will come back and do what we never could... no argument there.... but this particular thread is about OUR society... and it's potential downfall(s)...

As for striving for perfection....
Well... what happens when we get there?
(please dont resort to 'We'll never achieve perfection'... it's hypothetical)
perfection is hard to imagine..but if we did then we would be one giant united planet...and probsbly turn our collective efforts to space exploration and travel to new worlds...instead of bulding on over inflated defense budgets....i mean lookit the aliens from sci fi..theyre a team they all dress the same and are united and look how far they go..new worlds to expand...sounds kinky to me.
Old 03-06-02   #13
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
You make a good point (as I've come to expect)...

But those fatcats arn't usually looking out for this country.... just themselves (well most of them)

Do you think if there was a nuke on the way here and nothing to stop it the government would even let you know? I doubt it... they would probably just flee to their bunkers somewhere in Hawaii or Alaska and let the rest of us fry.... It's been seen before in this country many times...
Old 03-06-02   #14
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
I've read alot about the Bush Taliban connection...
About half the funds for the 9-11 tragedy came from Bush himself...
And on 9-13 when all the air traffic was grounded, a single plane (supposedly) flew around the states and picked up 6 members of the Bin Ladden family and took them outside the states...
Old 03-06-02   #15
Billy the banned

Quote:
You make a good point (as I've come to expect)...

But those fatcats arn't usually looking out for this country.... just themselves (well most of them)

Do you think if there was a nuke on the way here and nothing to stop it the government would even let you know? I doubt it... they would probably just flee to their bunkers somewhere in Hawaii or Alaska and let the rest of us fry.... It's been seen before in this country many times...
If oyure referring to the cuban missile crisis they didnt really let anyone know because they figured they had the problem in hand....Now if the attack was imminate im sure the emergency broadcast would let us know and our still spookily functional Nuke attack warning sirens in town would go off..i mean there isnt anything anyone could do at that point anyway. THe point of the government leaders fleeing to thier bunkers is to remain intact...we need a fully functional government to survive..if we got hit with a nuke its not good for the prez to go off with it then who is gonna call the shots when we begin to rebuild? Personally if we were going to get nuked and i was to survive..i would definatly want a working government afterwards to keep the peace and keep the population from going apeshit.

Those fatcats may not care about the country....but if it was about to go underfire they would since its thier home as well.
Old 03-06-02   #16
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
instead of bulding on over inflated defense budgets....i mean lookit the aliens from sci fi..theyre a team they all dress the same and are united and look how far they go..new worlds to expand...sounds kinky to me.
Yea... but does the rest of the universe need the likes of us traveling around all power-hungry... looking for anything we can exploit for our amusement....?

The human race is a virus... a desease...

If God created everything in his week of creation... then surely he got tired and on saturday decided to create a human to destroy all his other projects....
The world without our influence would be a nice and balanced one....
Old 03-06-02   #17
Billy the banned

Quote:
I've read alot about the Bush Taliban connection...
About half the funds for the 9-11 tragedy came from Bush himself...
And on 9-13 when all the air traffic was grounded, a single plane (supposedly) flew around the states and picked up 6 members of the Bin Ladden family and took them outside the states...
"allegedly" allegedly theres an alien craft at Roswell New Mexico too in Area 51. Allegedly alot of things have happend..and eve if they did its inconsequential...if Bush had hired Bin Laden to fuck up NY i mean its utterly disgraceful and hideous...but he obviously did it for a reason..be it to start a war to make money and gain control of thier oil...or to unite a country thats morale has been torn for the longest time... or maybe it was something else..but whatever the reason it allegedly was...it has a reason other than tohurt ppeople. And think about it its only made us stronger so far... for better or worse anyhow.
Old 03-06-02   #18
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
but he obviously did it for a reason..be it to start a war to make money and gain control of thier oil...or to unite a country thats morale has been torn for the longest time... or maybe it was something else..but whatever the reason it allegedly was...it has a reason other than tohurt ppeople. And think about it its only made us stronger so far... for better or worse anyhow.
Well he didn't exactly give the money to Bin Ladden to blow up NY... he gave it to him to try and buy out the country so he could lay a pipeline and get even richer... I suppose this could have been good for the U.S. on some level...

The fact remains, we need a new government... one that doesn't lie.... impossible? maybe... maybe we could clone Jesus and let him take over... he seems like a nice guy...
Old 03-06-02   #19
Billy the banned

Quote:

Yea... but does the rest of the universe need the likes of us traveling around all power-hungry... looking for anything we can exploit for our amusement....?

The human race is a virus... a desease...

If God created everything in his week of creation... then surely he got tired and on saturday decided to create a human to destroy all his other projects....
The world without our influence would be a nice and balanced one....
Some parts f the universe may benefit who knows...maybe we can end up being the aliens who give new people geometry and such...as some people thnk aliens gave the egyptians.
Theres no saying that we would become possessive..maybe we would just monitor and learn, in the end knowledge is what humans ultimatly crave...to know and to uderstand everything..maybe we would be kinda like that.

THe whole virus thing i dont agree with. If humans are viruses so are all other living things because we all follow the same patterns..multiply and multiply and multiply...we are just better at it because we learn to adapt to any surrounding. And the bit about god..is just off the map..god doesnt get involved apparently in our affairs. If you even believe god made a universe.....But maybe god made us because he was bored and lonly and wanted to have something to watch.

The world without humans...ultimatly would be pointless...if you look at it from a "sense of conciousness" point of view.The world without our influence as well as may be more..natural..would still be as violent and chaotic..in fact more so. there is no order in nature. Besides whos to say what we create isnt better...or worse?
Old 03-06-02   #20
Billy the banned

Quote:

Well he didn't exactly give the money to Bin Ladden to blow up NY... he gave it to him to try and buy out the country so he could lay a pipeline and get even richer... I suppose this could have been good for the U.S. on some level...

The fact remains, we need a new government... one that doesn't lie.... impossible? maybe... maybe we could clone Jesus and let him take over... he seems like a nice guy...
I dont think we need a new government..we got the best we can use so far...anything better wouldnt work..i mean lookit communisim..it works flawlessly on paper..but then when that was written only one half of human nature was included the good half the half that wants creation and sharing and art..Marx forgot the other half which is greed and the want for hate and destruction.... you cant get over that.
Thats why this governement is so good to me....it caters to peoples greed, but then also has many safty nets that catch some people to help out and demonstraite the better angles of our nature. Sure we could use more of those...but then youre talking higher taxes and last i knew noone wanted that..people are double faced but like i said humans have 2 halves good and bad, its just like everything in nature...good bad, left right, up down, black white, laugh cry, matter antimatter, i mean eveythingis composed of two opposites. So we need to cater to both halves of th pie.