Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Pieces of the Universe

Old 03-05-02   #1
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Credits: 8,726
Pieces of the Universe

Anyone know any really interesting things about time/space or anything in relation to this?

Perhaps the theory that time does not exist at all and is a mere human misperception....

Or that time travel is theoretically possible...
(please dont ask if both are applicable)

I really hope there at least a few people on this board who can talk about more then just each other...
Old 03-05-02   #2
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
Oooh!

I can remember being little, and being told that the Universe is never ending... or something vaguely along those lines. And interesting, the other day we were discussing why it seems that nearly everything of significance, is round... I believe that came up when the moon was huge and very orange the other night...

And it just kinda clicked in my mind at the time, that spherical is close enough to circular.. and what is one of the signs of eternity, is the circular dragon or snake, eating its own tail...

I dunno. Can't really explain it further at this moment, but there is some twisted logic in there if you look hard enough.. `laughs`

Xxx-SIN-xxX
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-02   #3
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Yes... a circle does often symbolize infinity... though I suppose the infinity sign does a better job of it...

From my experience I've found that most things in life resemble spirals.... which reminds me about a poll I was gonna post... (in a min.)

Maybe it's just small minded of me... but how can anything be truly infinite....
If you travel far enough in any direction in space will you end up where you started?
Old 03-05-02   #4
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

spirals... indeed... now either being at the very bottom of the spiral, or else look down upon the spiral, so that you don't actually see each individual coil... what does that form? Again, a circle..

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 03-05-02   #5
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Yes... or more like many layered circles....

What about my second question... what do you think?
Old 03-05-02   #6
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Hmm...

Unfortunately, we have learned how to measure time... minutes, seconds, years, etc.... so whether it existed before or not, it does exist now. ~smiles~

Whether our measurements are accurate, is irrelevant... you cannot measure what doesn't exist.

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 03-05-02   #7
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
I have a theory that time is in fact static... it doesn't evolve or change... it does not move... only our perception of it...
In fact it is like a complex artwork that grows more and more intricate as you continue to observe it...
Hours.... minutes pass... but really, you're just realizing whats going on within the static...
Old 03-05-02   #8
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Hmmm.... that is a very interesting theory indeed. But what brings about these changes... is it alterations in the frequency of the static?

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 03-05-02   #9
Scarlet
Lurks in the Shadows

Scarlet
Credits: 2,713
Time-Tavel

An explosion of galaxies caused a theory known as the Big Bang to some and the begining of time to others.
Time is like air, we all try our best to get hold of it and control it.
There is a big posibility that time travel is posible by traveling at speeds faster than the speed of light.

The problem with this is that as you leave point A and pass point B time begins to slow down it is no longer relevent and as you get to poin C it stops completly.

But as the velocity of the speed increases towards point C time begins to move backwards, this is also known as neggative time.
Time is a great weapon and as always been so since the dawn of mankind, It is no longer the race to Space but the Race to time Travel that holds the power to the universe to whom ever shall solve it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''The World is a tragedy to those who feel, ad a comedy to those who think''.
Old 03-05-02   #10
Peter
Non-sequitur

Peter is on a distinguished road
Credits: 66,028
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx
how can anything be truly infinite....
Nothing can be truly infinate, everything has an edge, which is why the universe has no end, but keeps on going, because the universe is a something with nothing in between it and nothing out side of it, so the vacuum of space goes on forever.

The universe is in-fact curved to the point of being sperical is a theory called closed universe, i.e. you keep travelling in one direction and while you think you are going one direction, you are not, because space (or space / time) is curved.

So if you look in to space, you are looking at the back of your head if you remove any obstacles.

If faster than light takes you back in time (negative time), how do you accelerate the passage of while your-self is not affected by it, the only way I can imagine is if everyone stays in an almost light-speed state, leaving you outside of it and then rejoining once technology has advanced, I can't think how you could travel forward in time (barring, stopping your own consciousness and ageing for a while....).

Time-travel of a sort has been done by almost everyone, there was a sizeable difference in the clocks on earth and for astronauts, when they came back everyone on earth had aged slightly more than they. Spend your whole life travelling fast and you can outlast your own son to everyone with that son.

Or is it the other way round?

I'm afraid I've left this forum, please read
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Peter; 03-05-02 at 13:45.
Old 03-05-02   #11
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
But what brings about these changes... is it alterations in the frequency of the static?
The static itself doesn't change... instead you begin to see the finer details and layers of the static as you observe it...

Consider the fact that you can plot 3-D movement through time on a 4 point grid.... without having to use time as a varible...

Quote:
But as the velocity of the speed increases towards point C time begins to move backwards, this is also known as neggative time.
Time is a great weapon and as always been so since the dawn of mankind, It is no longer the race to Space but the Race to time Travel that holds the power to the universe to whom ever shall solve it.
I've read alot about this... however I have a gut feeling that we'll achieve time travel before light speed... call it a hunch.....
Old 03-05-02   #12
Scarlet
Lurks in the Shadows

Scarlet
I've read alot about this... however I have a gut feeling that we'll achieve time travel before light speed... call it a hunch..... [/b][/quote]

Its not a qeustion of whever we achieve it or not but what will happen after we achieve it.
And who will hold the rights to it.

Old 03-05-02   #13
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
The rights?
From the way things are going right now probably Microsoft or Sony....

Perhaps once we rach that point reality as we know it will cease to exist for us... maybe we'll move unto a higher plane of existance... or die trying...

Just wait till they launch the sony spacestation....
Old 03-05-02   #14
Scarlet
Lurks in the Shadows

Scarlet
[quote]Originally posted by Maxx
[b]The rights?

Who do you think will have access the Americans, The Brits or The Russians?

Old 03-05-02   #15
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Well I should hope by the time this comes around we would have all learned to get along.... but I doubt that for at least 3 reasons...

Probably not the britts... and the way Americas headed it's not looking too likely for us either...
I suppose the russians have a shot at it... but the Japaneese likely have a better one
Old 03-05-02   #16
Scarlet
Lurks in the Shadows

Scarlet
I completely agree, the Brits will probably be too afraid and hand it over to the US who will lose it to the Russians and none will realise that the Japs solved it long before these fights.
Its a good thing It'll Take a long time cause I would rather be dead then see it happen.

Old 03-05-02   #17
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Long time?... progression is exponential.....
not oo long no before all progression is at a single point in time....

Consider the history of information delivery over the last 100 years...
100 years ago if two great minds a world away needed to colaborate on a project they would have to use snail mail and it would take them a long time to get things done...

Now they'd have plenty of machines and computers to help them work more efficiently... not only that but they could communicate with each other (damn near) instantly... not only each other but thousands of other great minds world wide...

Just immagine when information can travel instantaniously across the world... the moment a question arises in your mind there would be plenty of people willing to answer it...
Old 03-07-02   #18
Crucifix Angel

"spirals... indeed... now either being at the very bottom of the spiral, or else look down upon the spiral, so that you don't actually see each individual coil... what does that form? Again, a circle.. "

the symbol of insanity!
Old 03-07-02   #19
doebathory
the poet

Location: well the estate agent said it was a semi/det. des. res. in need of some work but to me it looks like a complete sht. hle.
doebathory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 185,622
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx
I have a theory that time is in fact static... it doesn't evolve or change... it does not move... only our perception of it...
In fact it is like a complex artwork that grows more and more intricate as you continue to observe it...
Hours.... minutes pass... but really, you're just realizing whats going on within the static...

hmm i really like that idea. makes me think of one of those magic eye pictures where you have to defocus your eyes to see what's hidden inside. maybe we're simply defocused enough to figure out what's happening while effectively nothing is happening, which can also tie in with the theory that every single moment actually happens at the same time, does not in fact follow a linear progression as one may assume.

No...wait...I take that back...I have no problem with the horse you rode in on.
Old 03-07-02   #20
Maxx
Embracer Of The Dark

Maxx
Quote:
hmm i really like that idea. makes me think of one of those magic eye pictures where you have to defocus your eyes to see what's hidden inside. maybe we're simply defocused enough to figure out what's happening while effectively nothing is happening, which can also tie in with the theory that every single moment actually happens at the same time, does not in fact follow a linear progression as one may assume.
Yea kinda like that... and I liked what you said about every single moment actually being the same moment... I've never heard it put quite like that before but it tends to make sense other then the fact that 'moments' are a measuement of time which would not really exist under that circumstance....

Also the magic eye pictures a re a perfect example of how time could be non-liniar...

So do you think it's possible that we know everything that will happen in our lifetime? Do you think this intel is embedded somewhere deep in our minds?