Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Question about having children...

Old 03-02-02   #1
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
Question about having children...

I have often said I was not having children until I was out of college and had a steady job. I don't know if this would be a good choice or not. For obvious reasons it is...but do you think I would be too old? I would be about 27 or so by the time I was out and had that steady damn job...Just looking for some insight here....

How long did most of you wait?

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-02   #2
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
you already know what happened with me and Sapp. we had our smurf when we were both young and i do have to agree it was a good idea, since when he gets older you'll still have an easier time relating to him then you would if you were like in your 40, or 50s.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"
Old 03-02-02   #3
Dark_Rain

well your never to old to have a child... people have a child from time to time... the only thing to do is work full time jobs then you should be fine... good luck to you!!
Old 03-02-02   #4
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
do it when the time is right for you. relating to the kids depends on the type of person you are. sure, age does help, but you get 'cool' parents at any age.
Old 03-02-02   #5
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Credits: 95,246
I don't want to deal with toddlers when I'm old...that shit is crazy!!! Mine wears me out now. I had Rayna when I was 28 and Suzy will be born when I'm 30...then those blasted eggs will be permanantly cut off from the world with the procedure that they use (?) and I will struggle for about 4 months...no sleep, talking to myself, trying to feed a newborn and an attention loving 2 year old at the same time and right when I feel like I'm going to lose whats left of my brain cells...they will start school I'll just be finishing up school when the 2nd one is born. Good Luck to ya both...whatever you decide. They are a handful and a blessing.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to reveal yourself, to express what you have to.... to be willing to risk everything to really express it all." -- JOHN CASSAVETES
"solve et coagula" ... destroy to create ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-02-02   #6
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
Star: I don't know if Pyrric agrees or not on this subject. He has been bringing it up recently, but for financial reasons we have agreed not to have children at this juncture.

There is also one more problem. I don't think I can get pregnant. I have been having sex for six years and never missed a period or anything. People have said it may be a mixed blessing...and also said that it doesn't mean anything. Pyrric and I have been having unprotected sex for about two years now and not a damn horrible thing has ever happened (Thank fucking God). I am just wondering if there is something wrong with me or not....Kind of depressing because I eventually want children of my own.

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 03-02-02   #7
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
If having no desire for a child at the age of 20 is cold, then I'll be a lump o' ice... I doubt it however. It is a personal choice... Well, it does usually involve 2 persons...

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 03-02-02   #8
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Quote:
Originally posted by XBeautysDemiseX
Star: I don't know if Pyrric agrees or not on this subject. He has been bringing it up recently, but for financial reasons we have agreed not to have children at this juncture.

There is also one more problem. I don't think I can get pregnant. I have been having sex for six years and never missed a period or anything. People have said it may be a mixed blessing...and also said that it doesn't mean anything. Pyrric and I have been having unprotected sex for about two years now and not a damn horrible thing has ever happened (Thank fucking God). I am just wondering if there is something wrong with me or not....Kind of depressing because I eventually want children of my own.
I was gonna wait for the financial thing too...I realize now...I would never ever of had children if I had...there is NEVER enough money...things could always be better.
If I didn't have my daughter...I would still be blowing money on drugs and alcohol and partying. She is the reason I'm in school. She is the reason I want to do beter. She is my motivation.
Once a child is here though...theres no turning back. Your in it for life. That child will depend on you for shelter and food and teaching them how to live.

Maybe it's Py shoot'n blanks...just a thought. If you really want... one day...and you have money...you can do it somehow. I don't know...I'm fertile mertile so...I don't know. I never wanted kids ever. Now I don't know where I'd be without. I sure wouldn't be here on this computer...shit a computer buys alot of drugs.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to reveal yourself, to express what you have to.... to be willing to risk everything to really express it all." -- JOHN CASSAVETES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-02-02   #9
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Another thing...
Important.
I changed a whole lot when I got pregnant with my first child. I'm like another person now...me but...new and much improved. Some people don't do that. Some people just don't. Guys don't change too much. I can't say all guys cuz I don't know. I don't know your guy so I don't know...this is just a thing I'm throwing out there.
If you feel that the person your with would have to change a whooole lot for it to work out...or if you think that having a child with them will change them (make them more responsible, etc...)...you will be in hell for sure.

Old 03-02-02   #10
Tearsofblack
Dark Muppette

Tearsofblack
Credits: 6,045
Re: Question about having children...

Quote:
Originally posted by XBeautysDemiseX
I have often said I was not having children until I was out of college and had a steady job. I don't know if this would be a good choice or not. For obvious reasons it is...but do you think I would be too old? I would be about 27 or so by the time I was out and had that steady damn job...Just looking for some insight here....

How long did most of you wait?
I don't think 27 is too late at all. Physically it should be fine and mentally it is up to you. If you feel ready to have kids at that age, then great. I definitely think it is important to have that steady job before you start raising any little rugrats. Sounds like a good plan to me (I'm abstaining from reproduction though).

Good luck.
Old 03-02-02   #11
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
I don't want kids. I don't have enough patience for them, and i don't think they're 'cute.' Blah blah blah, who cares.
Old 03-02-02   #12
haomdai
Kritters lap slut

haomdai is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,927
It is definitly a personal choice however I would like to mention that there is no good or bad time to have children... sure waiting till you're done school is good but then there's waiting till a better job or car or house comes along. Then there's paying off the bills. If we all waited till the right time we'd be 60 years old.
and btw, i'm due in September. Yay for me!

-Nolan's friend.

Sold my soul to a Deadman and all it cost was my virtue
Old 03-02-02   #13
haomdai
Kritters lap slut

haomdai is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,927
by the way duddy, your a stupid moron.

-Nolan's friend.

Sold my soul to a Deadman and all it cost was my virtue
Old 03-03-02   #14
DeirdreMayfair
Dark Mage

DeirdreMayfair is on a distinguished road
Credits: 25,196
I think 27 isn't a bad age to have kids, you'll be prepared and emotionally and financially, that's what matters.
No there's probably nothing wrong with ya, my mom couldn't have kids for like 10 years then she popped my sister out and then me and my other sister. So it works, nothing wrong with ya.
Old 03-03-02   #15
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,480
i remember reading this article about this 11 year old boy and his 12 year old girlfriend who were trying to have a child. his mother was totally fine with it sayin that it was their choice and they both had the money to raise the child [even though it would probably come from gov. or her pocket] and that she felt they were mature enough. 11 and 12 would be too young for kids in my book. sure it happens but normally those aren't planned pregnacies surely
Old 03-03-02   #16
Billy the banned

I have been talking alot about this with a few freidns of mine who are trying to have a kid...and lemme tell you, as far as it goes financially, youll never be ready like you think you will so just go with it.... you dont want to be 60 when you kids just turning 20....you want to see grandkids right?
Old 03-03-02   #17
Spikess
Spikes Personal Stalker

Spikess is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,982
i dont think 27 would be too old to have kids, considering my mother had me when she was 39 (now 58) an i have to say she is the coolest mother in the world, i am able to talk about anything with her.

Old 03-03-02   #18
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Another thing...I act psycho sometimes but obviously I'm not.
They would come take your kids away if knives were flying around and the whole sex/violence thing. I don't know. I'm sure there are some looney parents out there that expose a whole lot of mess to thier kids but....you really need to calm down a bit. One time we had a little party and the cops came for a peace distrubance call...it was a pretty mellow get together but we had this real christian neighbor at the time that hated our music and us basically. Anyway...it got kind of ugly because they tried to take my daughter and I tried to kill them. It was a BIG mess and I have paid over $5000 in lawyer fees to avoid jail. I drew blood...my argument was a mother in distress and selfdefense...it worked...it was the truth but it cost me. Now I'm scared to breath to loud around here...apartment living sucks if your a rowdy family.

Old 03-03-02   #19
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
Hey, Beauty!

Beauty: I had my son when I was 25, and my daughter at 28, so no, 27 isn't too old...I think it's just right, because you'll be settled and more able to handle things. Right now if you're financially unstable and going to school, it's not such a good idea.

As for the 'potential' medical situation:get yourself checked. It could be a variety of things, or it could be nothing; but you'll never know unless you get everything looked at. Best of luck to you and Pyrric...I think you'll have cute kids!

Duddy: And so will you, you lying bastard...I can picture your son with a teenie beenie (LMAO!!!!) I hope they look like you someday!!! :p
Old 03-03-02   #20
powder
meow

powder is on a distinguished road
Credits: 144,002
if i was gonna ever have kids i think i would have them while im still young,i wouldnt want it to be that when there like twenty or so and im some old woman that cant do anything no more...that would suck alot
but i cant have kids,no patience,cant be around them for to long or i go nuts
there ok to be around becuz i know that when i get to the point were i dont want them around i can just give them back to there parents
heh,sorry if i made no sence there*shrugs & walks away*

~*..And..So After All That,The Soup Turned Into Jelly,The Chihuahua Found Its Family And The Rash Turned Out To Just Be Kool-Aid Stain That Wiped Off...And That Is Why I Hate Goats.*~