Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Central Arcade

Old 03-02-02   #1
DarkStorm
Darkness Incarnate

DarkStorm
Credits: 107,639
Central Arcade

This is the Central Arcade, the very heart of this city. Night and Day many people inhabit the streets. It's best to keep under cover if you, yourself, are not human, as the police station is in the building directly North East.

Aside from this, there's plenty of interesting shops here, along with interesting people to talk to. East of the police station you can find a skilled blacksmith. He can build any conventional weapon. He also stocks a large armory of guns and ammunition. However, if you require magic weapons you're somewhat out of luck. While the blacksmith has the skills to create advanced weaponry, he does not stock the neccesary materials. You'll most likely want to go somewhere else, unless you're interested in enduring one of this quests to appropriate the required items.

North West lives a friendly mage who runs an alchemy shop.
Many rare and valuable items are up for sale here. He even mixes his own potions for distribution to the non-magic-weilding public. Nice things to have should you ever find yourself suffering from physical damage or any sicknesses.

On the same block is a pet shop. While the owner keeps only your common house-hold variety of pets in the store, ask him about special orders. He has access to most every form of animal on the planet.

SouthWest resides the heralded restaraunt: Court Dé la caté. They're open from 10 AM to 2 AM. They have a gourmet version of just about everything! Lattés, Cookies, Steak, even Gourmet Hamburgers. If you're ever in the area, be sure to stop by and have a look.

Well, there's many more stores located in the Central Arcade, and stretch for about a mile all the way South towards the Market Place. I'll leave it to you to discover the other venues here.

North the shops give way to ruins towards the Crimson Castle, Crimson Castle itself is dangerous, but don't think lightly of entering the ruins either, they house their own breed of disreputable scum and dangerous creatures.

Have a pleasant day.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-02   #2
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Sphyre is on a distinguished road
Credits: 56,861
Spitfire sat back in her seat, sipping a strawberry lemonade and smoking a ciggarette at Court Dé la caté. She sighed out a puff of smoke and looked around her. Things were slow, but that was ok. Maybe slow was just what she needed right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-02   #3
Valron_Darkmer
Seraphin

Valron_Darkmer is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30,528
*sits at a table at the Court De' la cate' with a cup of hot tea in front of him drinking slowly. He looks around from behind his dark sunglasses he has on and notes the people there taking mentle notes of them for future referense. He let his hair fall around his face covering his features up. He takes a drag off the cigerate he has in his mouth and then takes it and taps it on the side of the table letting the ashes fall to the ground thinking about why he was on the earth anyways, he wasn't really helping any side in the cosmic battle between good and evil. Letting the smoke out he then takes a drink of tea and scowls finding out he emptied it. Looking around once more to find something to entertain himself with he spots Spitfire and smiled. He stood up and walked over to her table smoothing out his shirt under his trenchcoat and smiled to her*

"Hello. My name is Deke. I was just wondering if i could join you here?" he put on his most charming smile as he talked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Your magical style is Magus.

. Take the Magical Style Quiz by
Old 03-03-02   #4
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Spitfire glanced up and shrugged, "Just don't expect a smoke, I'm running short on chash." She pulled out the seat next to her, "I'm Spitfire, by the way. Nice to meet you. What's your line of work?"

Old 03-04-02   #5
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
Credits: 2,058
*Enter The Blacksmith. This 6' 8" giant is a regular at the Court Dé la caté. His arms bulge with the strength. His long black and gray hair falls in a mess on his large shoulders, which are attached to his larger torso. He still wears his apron from the shop, and it is decorated by shards of metal. He's got a big grin on his face. It's obvious that he enjoys life, a contented man.*

*The blacksmith spots our two visitors, and his wide grin grows ever wider. He walks with intent, towards the two. He pulls up a thin cast-iron chair and sits down next to Sphyre and Deke. It looks as though the thin chair will barely hold his weight, but it does hold even as he rocks on its hind legs and bangs the thick wooden table and calls in a loud harsh voice:*

"Waiter bring me an ale!"

*A waiter on the other side of the room answers in a defeated voice.*

"The usual sir?"

*The Blacksmith replies:*

"Well of course the usual. I'm not about to drink your home-made ale."

*And with that The Blacksmith releases a loud laugh as he turns back around to face what can now be assumed he's adopted as guests.*

"Welcome to the Arcade. Haven't seen either of you in these parts. What brings you here today."

*The Blacksmith lifts up the hair on Deke's face like a curtain to talk to him:*

"Hey there, how bout a smoke? I'll give you a gold piece for it. I could really go for one of those about now. Cleans out my lungs of all the soot ya' know..."
Old 03-04-02   #6
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Spitfre, faintly amused, was forced to smile. "As a matter of fact I'm here for supplies. I was actually going to stop by your shop for some repairs and requests. After all, you are the blacksmith I have heard so much about?"

Old 03-04-02   #7
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
*The Blacksmith is quite pleased that this woman is enjoying his company. Another predictibly loud laugh ensues.*

"Ha Hah, I'm sure that would be me"

*The Blacksmith thrusts a thumb towards his chest*

"I'm not the fastest, but I try to be the best. I've got good material, and good tools. I used to be a warrior myself but... This world's too crazy to be running around risking your life constantly. But I always had a good way with weapons. So I settled down in the south marketplace. My trade got so popular, though, that I was able to purchase one of the nice buildings here in the Arcade. Now the waiters here have to deal with my sorry ass. Speaking of which. Hey, where's that ale!?"

*The same waiter that took his order scurries up and delivers a large mug, foaming, with bright golden ale.*

"Here you go sir. If I might ask, do try to be careful and not break anything today."

"What are you talking about? I haven't broken anything for two days"

*The Blacksmith holds up two fingers right in the waiter's face to emphasize his point.*

"And anyways, I always pay for the stuff I break. And don't forget I made most of these chairs here."

*The waiter walks away, once again humbled by the boistrous blacksmith*

"So whatcha need my dear? I never caught your name, by the way. Mine's Jason. Nice to meet you."
Old 03-04-02   #8
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

"Spitfire," she replied, "I need two of my throwing knives repaired, I... um... broke them a while ago. And I kind of need some special items that I'm not sure if you or the alchemy shop would distrubite. I broke some of my needles on my last job, and if I'm out of needles I can't exactly use poisons now can I? So simply put, you make them or do I have to go somewhere else?"

Last edited by Sphyre; 03-04-02 at 10:48.
Old 03-04-02   #9
dark_orquid
broken bleadding orchid

dark_orquid is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,338
*turns the corner to see some people *i wave

"hello how are you today "

Old 03-04-02   #10
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Spitfire glanced up but said nothing, lighting another ciggarette. Since there was only one chair left she expected the newcomer to sit with them as well. If she proved to be interesting conversation then, Spitfire might speak to her. If she said something stupid, well, Spitfire would probably speak up too, she was short on patience today. However, if she said nothing at all, well, then more power to her.

Last edited by Sphyre; 03-04-02 at 11:00.
Old 03-04-02   #11
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
"We-ell now, I can certainly help you with the throwing knives. All of my weapons have superb balance. I've got assassins a dozen lands away that swear by my knives and refuse to go to anyone else."

*His grin grows once again. He obviously enjoys his job.*

"Your little needles however... well you'll probably want to see good ole' Eric for that. He stocks poisons, remedies, and any means to issue them. I'm sure he's got some hollow needles for you. He works over that way."

*Jason, The Blacksmith points across the court, to the NorthWest side.*

He's always in his shop. A very pleasant hermit... When you see him, be sure to tell him I said "hello."
Old 03-04-02   #12
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Spitfire nodded, a little too lazy at the moment to get off her ass. She went to take another sip of her strawberry lemonade and realized it was empty. Damn it! she thought, now she'd have to ask about refills and she only had four smokes left. All of her money had to go toward her equipment.

"Sooo... Jason, you know of anyway I could get a little cahs... Any little dirty jobs you heard of?"

Old 03-04-02   #13
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
"Yeah... uh... no... not really. If you're going to be here a little while though I can buy you a pack of smokes. I have to go get some anyway and I plan to come back and finish my ale. Now you don't get free refills here, but if you tell the waiter that I insisted they refill your glass, he'll surely do it. So what brand do you smoke?"
Old 03-04-02   #14
DarkStorm
Darkness Incarnate

DarkStorm
*DarkStorm approaches the Arcade from the south. As he enters the area floating droplets of blood and shards of metal that were attached to the air around him drop to the ground. He thrusts his sword into the earth and drops his backpack as well. Looking over the bustling streets, he decides it would be best to change. He sifts through his pack and unfolds a black robe. He slides into it and puts the hood over his head, covering his eyes from passers by. He collects his sword and hides it somewhere underneath the robe, then picks up his backpack and continues northward past the cafe. Looking in he spots four individuals, three sitting, one standing. The biggest of them all is making quite a racket, pounding the table constantly with his leather gloves. The two others sitting down appear quiet and reserved. The one standing seems to be greeting them, and all of them seem quite ill-receptive to it. DarkStorm heads towards the police station to collect information about the city. He takes note of the ruins further northward and decides it would be a great place to perfect his practice.*
Old 03-04-02   #15
dark_orquid
broken bleadding orchid

dark_orquid is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,338
*takes a sit and brings out a cigarret "how are you people today "
"what is the topic "
*slowly light her cigarrete*

Old 03-04-02   #16
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
"Ah Hah, welcome young lady. We were just talking about my superb craftsmanship. Tell me, do you have any weapons in need of repair, or might you be in the market for a new one?"
Old 03-04-02   #17
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
"...oh, and Sphyre here is looking for some odd-jobs if you know what I mean. She needs some cash so she can pay me for my fine handywork."

*The Blacksmith delivers yet another wide smile. One can't help but wonder if his cheer will ever stop.*
Old 03-04-02   #18
Sphyre
Cyber Sadist

Spitfire grinned at the Blacksmith's generousity, not often you found that in a man these days without expectations.
"I smoke Kamel Reds, thank you! I wouldn't allow it except that I'm sure part of what I'm paying you is going toward those, so whatever."
Spitfire nodded politly toward Orchid.

Old 03-04-02   #19
The Blacksmith
Face in the Mist

The Blacksmith
"Well then, I'm off. I'll be back soon. I hope you're all here when I get back, I've got some memories of 'the good old days' I want to share with you youngins."

*With another flash of his patented grin The Blacksmith walked out the side door to the dining patio and hopped over a cast-iron fence in the direction of the hotel adjacent to the restaraunt on the SouthEast side. On his way across the street he runs into the black-robed DarkStorm.*

"Afternoon sir. You're dressed pretty grim. I take it you've finally come to collect my soul."

*That damned grin again.*
Old 03-04-02   #20
DarkStorm
Darkness Incarnate

DarkStorm
*DarkStorm issues a visible smirk*

"It is a nice day... Do you mind my asking what you're so cheerful about?"

*DarkStorm continues to look on to the ruins as The Blacksmith converses. His determination is quite apparant.*