Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page A scare

Old 02-26-02   #1
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 304,602
A scare

I got a scare about a week ago, my recruiting officer sent me a letter saying that my services could be needed overseas again, I was think "All this stuff I've been working on over here, all this that I have been trying to build, my family, all gone in the blink of an eye" I called him yesterday and he told me that I probably won't get called out because I've already been out twice, what a relief, it scared the crap out of me, still does, well, it doesn't really scare me, for a while there I was getting used to it, it's much uncomfortable then living over here but it wasn't that major, what it does to me is it makes me feel like I'm being used, one of these days they might send me over to iraq or afghanistan, that will be nothing like libya, it'll be like being a crack dealer in a drug bust, I'll probably do something crazy to get out of it, well, anyways, my point, umm, my point is that don't start something like a life in the armed forces if you aren't willing to take the chances involved, I did, I thought "Oh, I'll spend six months in boot camp, a couple months on base and be out with mad money, I was called over before I even got to go home on my first leave, it sucked, I was scared then, but once I got on the ship and everyone was partying and talking about killing arabs and shit, I loosened up, I practiced every card game in existence until I was practically unbeatable, and then I just lived in the desert for a while, no biggee, ok, that's enough for me....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-02   #2
Panthera66
GrimCreeper

Panthera66 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 82,954
It would be an honor to fight for your country and end all this nonsense....but then again you have a family. Its better to be there for your family than going to war.
My mother was called too....she will be a flight medic..... afterall she is in the medical field, so it makes sense....anyways, they may send here to Isreal......but then again it may be Pakistan- like they said before.
But damn people keep changing her location. As much as I hate her, sometimes...I hope she returns to her family safely... after all my little brother and sister still need her.
Old 02-27-02   #3
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
My brother, who just got out of the Army, was stationed in Kuwait for 6 months or so. His old buddies in his platoon are the ones guarding the terrorists prisoners in Afganistan right now. Just thought i would say that.
Old 02-27-02   #4
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
so who likes a baby roast?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 02-27-02   #5
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
it's a good thing that you won't have to go, silk. that's the main reason i'll never join the military... well that and the mind control, lack of choices, shitty food, chance of dying, lack of sleep, chance of being disabled, the men's showers, shitting next to my friends everyday... yeah, you get the idea.

Old 02-27-02   #6
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
heheh... latent

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 02-27-02   #7
Keeper of Life
Spikess' Mother

Keeper of Life
Credits: 87,095
In finland every man is technically in the army and since we've been at war with russia for the past 300 or so years you can be called up at anytime to patrol the 'contested ground' or in geographical terms 9/10 of the country.

I got called up last year but fortunatley as im not of finish birth only half i cant be forceibly called up to man a post in Rejakivik
Old 02-27-02   #8
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Every Israeli citizen is required by law to be in the Army. Be glad we have the choice in America.
Old 02-27-02   #9
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Well actually Duddy, with the draft and all, americans can be forced to fight...

Old 02-27-02   #10
Chaos Creator
Muthafucka

Chaos Creator is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,183,496
Unless it's against your religion.

Old 02-27-02   #11
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

And what religions deny you the wartime fighting ability, I think one is ummm...well maybe I don't, nevermind...

Old 02-27-02   #12
Keeper of Life
Spikess' Mother

Keeper of Life
That doesn't work in Finland they'll drag you out kicking and screaming give you a rifle and some winter camoflage and stick you on the border to freeze your ass off for six months. Waiting for another russian patrol to destroy in return for the deaths of some villagers in the borders.
Old 02-27-02   #13
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

That would suck....

Old 02-27-02   #14
Keeper of Life
Spikess' Mother

Keeper of Life
Tell me about it my dad had to do three consecutive tours once thats 1 1/2 years in Rejakivik. Worst of all they stick you in squads of six men their your only company for 6 months except for the fortnightly supply truck.
Old 02-27-02   #15
Chaos Creator
Muthafucka

Dude, that would totally blow.

Old 02-27-02   #16
Keeper of Life
Spikess' Mother

Keeper of Life
Did i also mention you don't get paid?

My mother while heavily pregnant with me had to work in a factory to be able to survive while my father was dragged off it was either that or 6 years in prison for desertion.
Old 02-27-02   #17
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Ok, shut up, you're depressing.

Old 02-27-02   #18
Keeper of Life
Spikess' Mother

Keeper of Life
I know butthats what happens over there.

The 'Proffessional' soldiers are put in barracks all year in the few towns and cities and spend their days parusing the red light districts. Go down a red light district in helsinki and there'll be armoured personel carriers parked in the street and the soldiers getting ahem acquainted with some lovely looking finish girls.
Old 02-27-02   #19
Chaos Creator
Muthafucka

Quote:
Originally posted by Sik Simon
Ok, shut up, you're depressing.
Dude, for real.

Old 06-19-14   #20
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

This is where I pretended to be a veteran because I was ashamed of going AWOL, and didn't want my peers to hate me, Damn thisis just ggetting pathetic, can I fast forward to when I'm awesome again?