Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Tampering with life?

Old 02-16-02   #1
Evyl~Poptart
Darkness Incarnate

Evyl~Poptart is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,835
Tampering with life?

I was reading about the first successful cloning of a kitten a while ago and began to think about it. Once they can clone animals without any problems, they are going to try to do it to humans. What if they master that? I mean, if you have a dieing mother and you decide to clone her, what happens? The clone will only look the same. What if her clone doesn't love you like you expected? What if her clone is completely different from what you would have thought?
Or 30 years later after the cloned animals start breeding and breeding, what will happen? Every species changes somehow. What if the clones breed with a natural? Would there be side effects?
These are the kind of questions that I think of when I hear about these kind of things. Are you for cloning? Do you think it would mess up the life-cycles? Do you think it's tampering with life?
Each prayer answered, and each wish resigned.
- Alexander Pope
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-02   #2
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
your forgetting that while instinct is genetic and there IS such a thing as genetic memory, humanity exists socially as a product of our experiances... all you do when you clone anything is perhaps replicate its potential... not the expression of the potential (a.k.a.- personality, morals, ethics, thoughts, and feelings)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 02-16-02   #3
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
Re: Tampering with life?

Quote:
Originally posted by Evyl~Poptart
I was reading about the first successful cloning of a kitten a while ago and began to think about it. Once they can clone animals without any problems, they are going to try to do it to humans.

The processes of animal cloning and human cloning are exactly the same. Once they can successfully do it to a kitten, they can do it to a human without any problems as well.

What if they master that? I mean, if you have a dieing mother and you decide to clone her, what happens? The clone will only look the same. What if her clone doesn't love you like you expected? What if her clone is completely different from what you would have thought?

Exactly the point. Cloning only copies the physical body. NOT the mind or soul. A point to keep in mind... You can create the person you love, but you may not be able to make the person love you again.

Or 30 years later after the cloned animals start breeding and breeding, what will happen? Every species changes somehow. What if the clones breed with a natural? Would there be side effects?

Should not be. The clone is an EXACT copy of the original. Like on a computer, if you copy a file, it's exactly the same, only with a different name (perhaps). The process of cloning... Actually, the clones are still carried from their single-cell state to their birth, inside the natural host (read: female womb of the corresponding species)

These are the kind of questions that I think of when I hear about these kind of things. Are you for cloning? Do you think it would mess up the life-cycles? Do you think it's tampering with life?

I am fully in support of cloning. It would do little with our lifecycles... The bodies cloned are not genetically altered (genetic manipulation is a wholly different story), and therefor just, normal humans. They only weren't concieved by fucking originally... *shrugs*

And tampering with life? *laughs* That's how the religious-fundementalists call it. But they dislike any form of science... I think this will, if anything, better our understanding of life. For now we grow complete bodies. Perhaps, in a few years, we can grow specific parts of bodies. Envision: An accident has ruptured your liver. It is beyond repair...
Now, the thing would have to be removed, and you would need a new one ASAP, transplant, with risks of the thing being rejected. Perhaps, in a few years, lab workers will take a single cell from your body, extract the DNA, put it in a growing cell, stimulate growth... And simply regrow your liver for immediate insertion.

Such are the possibilities that can become available.

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 02-16-02   #4
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
well if they are ever successful at cloning people...it should be interesting to see what happens to the soul...
Old 02-16-02   #5
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

I would expect the same thing that happens at birth. A soul is incorporated into the body. And a person results. Same bodies need not share same souls. (Equal twins prove that...)

Don't come after me...

Old 02-16-02   #6
Damian Hell
The Dark Helmet.

Damian Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 75,003
Well cloning , I could see the use in cloning a liver , or a lung … I believe I heard somewhere that it is possible to clone an organ , without cloning the entire body , I’m all for that type of cloning , it could be very useful to heal sick human beings , but I’m against full human replication , not because of the mind /soul crap but fuck , for example lets say errantrogue is the ultimate human smart desirable just a wonder boy ! so they make a copy of him , all families want to have a errantroguie .. aww he’s so cute , all girls would like to go out with an errantrogue copy as well , and not with a Aeternus original for example! I don’t like the idea of of a million errantrogues wondering the earth , I bet he wouldn’t like it either since he is the original , and then they will all hate each others guts .. that or love each other ( shivers ) , imagine this , who’s the favorite flavor of the month !! that would be a fucked up place ..

Last edited by Damian Hell; 02-16-02 at 17:38.
Old 02-16-02   #7
Evyl~Poptart
Darkness Incarnate

what i meant is, about 30 yrs. later they discover there are problems with the clone and it began to breed, what would become of the problems and such?
well, im not a religous fundamentalist and i do not believe in cloning animals nor humans. if it was just body parts id support it, but what happens of the clone if you do need a spare liver? the clone would be considered a human being and you cannot exactly say "oh well, we are gonna kill you because you're my clone and i need another liver." because then discrimination would be brought up, yada yada. besides, what happens if your clone becomes a serial killer and you happen to be working one day and you are accused to be the killer? you'd have the same dna strands...get my point?
anyhow, i wouldn't like the idea of a clone me running around...especially wanna screw my boyfriends behind my back...bla bla so on and so forth...but then again some people like to have another person do that:p
- Alexander Pope
Old 02-16-02   #8
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
would that be similiar to like brother and sister?
Old 02-17-02   #9
Evyl~Poptart
Darkness Incarnate

well its like having an evil twin...id be paranoid aboot what my clone would be doing every second and how it effects me and my life....
- Alexander Pope
Old 02-17-02   #10
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
how orwellian... but i doubt it will come to that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 02-17-02   #11
Evyl~Poptart
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by errantrogue
how orwellian... but i doubt it will come to that...
i hope not
- Alexander Pope
Old 02-17-02   #12
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
i'm not against organ cloning, but people cloning - is this neccessary? why would we need to do this? and to think of the first batch of cloned people. that would not be fun. to have the world watching how you turn out. one thing that could solve the crime thing though, only have one copy of a person roaming the earth at a time - a clone can only be cloned from someone that has died. or maybe a large age difference? i know they clone from embyo cells nowdays, so maybe let the baby live it's life a bit and then let the next one start? i remember however that the oringinal was destroyed in some cases while extracting the cells from the embryo. so although it was cloning, the original didn't exist for very long at all. if both original and clone were the same they'd have a control. more desirable from a science point of view.
Old 02-17-02   #13
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Quote:
Originally posted by Damian Hell
Well cloning , I could see the use in cloning a liver , or a lung … I believe I heard somewhere that it is possible to clone an organ , without cloning the entire body , I’m all for that type of cloning , it could be very useful to heal sick human beings , but I’m against full human replication , not because of the mind /soul crap but fuck , for example lets say errantrogue is the ultimate human smart desirable just a wonder boy ! so they make a copy of him , all families want to have a errantroguie .. aww he’s so cute , all girls would like to go out with an errantrogue copy as well , and not with a Aeternus original for example! I don’t like the idea of of a million errantrogues wondering the earth , I bet he wouldn’t like it either since he is the original , and then they will all hate each others guts .. that or love each other ( shivers ) , imagine this , who’s the favorite flavor of the month !! that would be a fucked up place ..
What would be the need for these millions? All born as babies, go find the women to carry them, and then tend to them... Ehh. I don't see the point. But it may be good to have the technology available, in the case of an emergency. Take for instance, a catastrophic virus, decimating human population. To repopulate the earth quickly, this may be a helpful thing to know.
As for my original, I do not need "all girls". Just one will do thank you very much

Don't come after me...

Old 02-18-02   #14
Crucifix Angel

they could also use it for military purposes..or for experiments on products before they are released (though I find morally wrong)
Old 02-18-02   #15
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Quote:
Originally posted by Crucifix Angel
they could also use it for military purposes..or for experiments on products before they are released (though I find morally wrong)
I take it you are going to test those products yourself then? I hate it when people dismiss new ways as immoral yet offer no suitable alternative. As for military uses of cloning, until a way is found to grow these humans outside of the human body (which is not the case now) I do not think a military applicance is there...

Don't come after me...

Old 02-18-02   #16
Damian Hell
The Dark Helmet.

Damian Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 75,003
Quote:
Originally posted by Aeternus

What would be the need for these millions? All born as babies, go find the women to carry them, and then tend to them... Ehh. I don't see the point. But it may be good to have the technology available, in the case of an emergency. Take for instance, a catastrophic virus, decimating human population. To repopulate the earth quickly, this may be a helpful thing to know.
As for my original, I do not need "all girls". Just one will do thank you very much

LOL yea i agree , lets have the technology available ,we would have it available by having the organ cloning anyways .

Dude !! i know you don't need all the girls in the world neither you or me could handle so much LOL , but you know i wouldn’t decline playing with an ocean of naked woman in a room with me for a couple of hours , oh yes swimming on an ocean of boobs and butts sounds tempting !.

now honestly take for example the girls here at dark forum they are so intense .. that having them all at the same time can burn you ! hehehe
Old 02-18-02   #17
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Quote:
Originally posted by Damian Hell
...but you know i wouldn’t decline playing with an ocean of naked woman in a room with me for a couple of hours , oh yes swimming on an ocean of boobs and butts sounds tempting...
I would. Not my style, would not be fun for me.

now honestly take for example the girls here at dark forum they are so intense .. that having them all at the same time can burn you ! hehehe

Literally. Seriously.

Don't come after me...

Old 02-21-02   #18
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
hmmmm....

what does an ocean of naked women have to do with cloning? unless they were all essentially the same woman?

boys are silly
Old 02-23-02   #19
LeftyInRite
Face in the Mist

LeftyInRite
Credits: 1,434
Naturally occuring clones already exist. They are called identical twins (triplets, etc.). An _artificially_ cloned person would not necessarily be any more similar in personality to its 'parent' as identical twins are to each other.

Once the technical problems are overcome and healthy, full-lifespan human clones become possible (and ther process is affordable), they will be commonplace within a generation. I don't see this as any great tragedy; since the dawn of time, parents have been dealing with dissappointment over their kids not having identical interests, and they will continue to deal.
Old 02-24-02   #20
Elf
Sweetness & Light

Elf
Credits: 12,498
I don't think they'd be able to clone a human in the next five years, it sooooo hardly ever works, there's soooo many complications etc etc at the moment, but I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it.