Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Why do most of you think your Vampires?

Old 01-25-02   #1
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Why do most of you think your Vampires?

Its just a question.... I mean, Whats the point in saying your a vampire? Or indeed attempting to convince anyone that you are what you say you are? Im not being sarcastic but most of you 'vamps' tend to come out out with 'well Im just trying to tell my story of how I became a vamp and stuff.' Why? I mean, Theres a vampire roleplay forum to do that in. And how is it every time I ask for VALID PROOF, All you 'vamps' get all offensive and start to act like I never even said it or say stuff like 'I can't prove it cuz I don't need to prove anything to you'? Well you obviosly need to prove something, otherwise you wouldn't be here telling the darkforum that you were 'vampires'. Im trying to get this all even in my head here.... Do any of you 'Vampires' have any reason for comming on here and stating that your a 'vamp'? Im just curious......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-02   #2
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Ignore this post. Just stating that quite a lot of posters in here dont pretend to be "real" vamps.Every mod thats looked after the board incuded.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 01-25-02   #3
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally posted by RedMeat
Ignore this post. Just stating that quite a lot of posters in here dont pretend to be "real" vamps.Every mod thats looked after the board incuded.
Well okay red, you got me there, But I was refering to those who Claim to be real vampires. But as I stated in my last post, the people who pretend to be vampires and don't take it too far go into the vampire roleplay forum to act it out I expect.... Anyway Red, if you were a vampire.... You would be the first vampire I would let bite me..... *Pout*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-25-02   #4
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Dont put ideas into my head.

It was just ment as a disclaimer in case anyone wanted to use else that in an arguement.

Old 01-25-02   #5
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
*sighs, softly*

*and sighs again*

You do not know what you ask, nor how you should word such questions, Lenina. I urge you caution on both ends.

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 01-25-02   #6
Darky Dark Dark
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEE

Darky Dark Dark
Credits: 12,065
Vampires don't exist, just cwazy fools who drink each others blood for fun
Old 01-28-02   #7
raven999
Face in the Mist

raven999 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,585
hey

I don't think that i am a vampire. i just like the taste of blood.
Old 01-28-02   #8
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Erm, the thread states that I do NOT think that sanguinarians are indeed vampires... Thats as bad as some guy going onto a thread saying that hes covered in hair and really tall but the thread was entitled 'Wookies exist'. *now that was a bad example*

Aet.... I was asking a simple yet plain question... Whay do people who think they are vampires think that? The way I phrased my words were not exactly in that one phrase but there you go. I was also complaing about how these 'vamps' react towards a rational question and debate. Such as, me asking for proof... Have I seen any.... NO!! I have not... What makes someone believe depends on personal experience or valid proof. I have not seen any proof of what these people tell me. Nor have I had any personal experience/been biten/had energy sucked from me/flew away with the birds etc.... So how and why on earth should I believe them? What I want is for them to explain, blow by blow why they think they are vampires and why they so desperately have and want nothing to prove by comming onto a forum and stating that they are vampires also, a little proof...If they have any....... I don't care for caution, I just like making my point.... Do you get my point?

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-28-02   #9
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Its mostly just their faith in it much like any belief system you cant try to argue with logic, it just fall on deaf ears.

Old 01-28-02   #10
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
Quote:
Originally posted by Lenina
Erm, the thread states that I do NOT think that sanguinarians are indeed vampires... Thats as bad as some guy going onto a thread saying that hes covered in hair and really tall but the thread was entitled 'Wookies exist'. *now that was a bad example*

No, actually it is a very good example. It leads to the next question: What is a wookie? If a person calls a big tall hairy guy a wookie, then true it may be...

Aet.... I was asking a simple yet plain question... Whay do people who think they are vampires think that? The way I phrased my words were not exactly in that one phrase but there you go. I was also complaing about how these 'vamps' react towards a rational question and debate. Such as, me asking for proof... Have I seen any.... NO!! I have not... What makes someone believe depends on personal experience or valid proof. I have not seen any proof of what these people tell me.

What makes a person believe in Gods? What makes a person believe there is more to this world then this bloody bunch of cells we are made out of? Do you believe in God Lenina? Any form of? And if so, why? Have you had any experiences in meeting Him? Feeling Him perhaps? Knowing He is there, just a feeling? This is not all that different.

Nor have I had any personal experience/been biten/had energy sucked from me/flew away with the birds etc....

I have...

So how and why on earth should I believe them? What I want is for them to explain, blow by blow why they think they are vampires and why they so desperately have and want nothing to prove by comming onto a forum and stating that they are vampires also, a little proof... If they have any....... I don't care for caution, I just like making my point.... Do you get my point?

Even a vampire craves friendship. Perhaps they seek eachother out here, perhaps they just come to hunt, or whatnot. I would not know, best ask one who can speak out of experience. But again, I urge caution. And with good bloody reason...

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 01-28-02   #11
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
Lenina...

I think that the way you phrased the subject of this thread is highly offensive. Not in the sense that I'm taking offense to it that I might... just...

"most of you" is a highly categorizing statement, when it doesn't apply here.

Roleplaying, a vampire, is COMPLETELY different from truly believing that you are one. ~shrugs~ It's no different from acting really. Just because Julia Roberts acted out the part of a hooker in Pretty Woman, doesn't mean she actually believed she was one.

However, pertaining to your other question... I must ask you, have you ever seen a billion dollars, right before you, on a table? Chances are you haven't... yet do you really need to see it, to know that it exists? Does the billion dollars need to leap around before you, explaining why it believes it's a billion dollars?

I can understand you wishing for more knowledge in the area of vampires, I can understand you wishing to know what goes on in a person's mind to make them think the way they think... but the way you have presented it here seems like you refuse to accept it. Well, Lenina, you don't have to accept it. Nobody has to think exactly alike, and people will do what they wish regardless of others around them, and the way you are asking the question, makes it seem like you are saying that they are wrong. I'm sure this isn't your intention, and I can understand you wanting to sort out confusions... but you don't really -need- to sort out why people are the way they are... just let them be them. ~shrugs~ That's my take on it anyhow.

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 01-29-02   #12
ankh_tattoo
The Unforgiven

ankh_tattoo
Credits: 4,343
Lenina is a vampire-phobe....What are u afraid of hun?

Give me your tears, your trust, and your hurt..I won't fail you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lux et umbra vicissum sed semper amor.

Old 01-29-02   #13
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Dont have to fear something to dislike it. I dont fear pop music.

Old 01-30-02   #14
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
Quoting Sinistress

However, pertaining to your other question... I must ask you, have you ever seen a billion dollars, right before you, on a table? Chances are you haven't... yet do you really need to see it, to know that it exists? Does the billion dollars need to leap around before you, explaining why it believes it's a billion dollars?

The difference here is that I have seen $1 and I've seen tens of thousends of houses and if each house is worth at least $60k on average then I know even if intangible, $1 billion exists.

I have no basis on which to build a belief structure on the actual existence of vamps. I have met blood drinkers and accept them as I have proof. I have no faith and therefore can't accept the above argument I'm afraid.

As to real humanoid blood drinking sun fearing vamps, well that's pure fiction.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 01-30-02   #15
THE RIPPER
Face in the Mist

THE RIPPER
Credits: 2,339
The Ripper does not think he is a vampire
All he wants is blood lots of blood
Old 01-30-02   #16
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinistress
Lenina...

I think that the way you phrased the subject of this thread is highly offensive. Not in the sense that I'm taking offense to it that I might... just... "most of you" is a highly categorizing statement, when it doesn't apply here.
What I meant by 'most of you vamps, was in fact, most of you people that think you are 'vampires'.......

Quote:
Roleplaying, a vampire, is COMPLETELY different from truly believing that you are one. ~shrugs~ It's no different from acting really. Just because Julia Roberts acted out the part of a hooker in Pretty Woman, doesn't mean she actually believed she was one.
Yeah, I know....

Quote:
Yes, but there is empirical evidence and that a billion dollars exist

Quote:
I can understand you wishing for more knowledge in the area of vampires, I can understand you wishing to know what goes on in a person's mind to make them think the way they think... but the way you have presented it here seems like you refuse to accept it.
I refuse to accept anything that has no empirical evidence involved... Or no common sense involved either... The only reason people believe in vampires is because its a desireable thought. I would love to believe in vampires but my common sense tells me not to...
Quote:
Well, Lenina, you don't have to accept it. Nobody has to think exactly alike, and people will do what they wish regardless of others around them, and the way you are asking the question, makes it seem like you are saying that they are wrong. I'm sure this isn't your intention, and I can understand you wanting to sort out confusions... but you don't really -need- to sort out why people are the way they are... just let them be them. ~shrugs~ That's my take on it anyhow.
Your right, Im not accepting it... I have no faith, So? Its okay for them to say to others that they are vampires/fairies/trolls/ogres etc... But its not alright for me to question or debate it.......? Call me small minded, because I am a rational person and wish to question this subject... ? I think that makes me kind of open minded... I just want to share my views and maybe (though highly unlikely) convert... If they prove it...that is....

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-30-02   #17
WildAngelOfEve
Dark Hippie

WildAngelOfEve is on a distinguished road
Credits: 24,900
As a general rule, human kind tend to fear and question what they do not know and what they do not understand.

But....

If you knew it, would you still fear it? Would you look it in the eye on a full moon and ask it questions? If you knew for sure that vampyres existed...Would you honestly want to meet one face to face and ask him or her questions? I mean, why ask if you really don't want to know? Look deep inside yourself....curiosity is what drives you, but fear is what stops you. Hmm, I really could go on and on about this and maybe make sense somewhere down the line, but I think I'm going to stop before I get any more carried away and possibly get angered....And just so you all know, I've never claimed to be a vampyre...But I do indeed know the truth.

~Wild~

Oh yes darling, I have bled.
Old 01-30-02   #18
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeternus
No, actually it is a very good example. It leads to the next question: What is a wookie? If a person calls a big tall hairy guy a wookie, then true it may be...
Yes but common sense tells me that wookies are indeed fictional and origionate from the film Star Wars....
Quote:
Originally posted by Aeternus What makes a person believe in Gods? What makes a person believe there is more to this world then this bloody bunch of cells we are made out of?
Wishful thinking....
Quote:
Do you believe in God Lenina? Any form of? And if so, why? Have you had any experiences in meeting Him? Feeling Him perhaps? Knowing He is there, just a feeling? This is not all that different.
I don't believe in god, or any form of god..... My common sense tells me not to. You see, there is no empirical evidence stating otherwise... Its an intangable possability. I don't believe anything that doesn't have evidence, without evidence, it is worth believing in.
Quote:
Even a vampire craves friendship. Perhaps they seek eachother out here, perhaps they just come to hunt, or whatnot.
Perhaps... But perhaps they are talking total rubbish...? That thought ever occur to you? I mean, If I came here and said I was a talking bag of chips, would you believe me? You can't prove your something without proof.. Its just seems silly to me that people would state they are something without people debating and questioning them.... I am doing so and I am classed as small minded...I don't refuse to believe, I just require evidence...Strong empirical evidence.... That makes me a rational person, not small minded...
Quote:
I would not know, best ask one who can speak out of experience. But again, I urge caution. And with good bloody reason...
What reason would that be then? A vampire might bite me? Drain my energy? Unlikely, although, that would be good evidence...........

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite

Last edited by Lenina; 01-30-02 at 16:42.
Old 01-30-02   #19
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Quote:
Originally posted by ankh_tattoo
Lenina is a vampire-phobe....What are u afraid of hun?
I do not fear fiction, however delusional people can turn dangerous.....

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 01-30-02   #20
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by WildAngelOfEve
But I do indeed know the truth.

~Wild~
You know your own truth,unless you know everything.