Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Greetings, all thropes of all kinds.

Old 11-27-01   #1
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
Credits: 12,743
Greetings, all thropes of all kinds.

Thankfully, (thanks to Sire), the thropes are now able to post on this board with full knowledge they are welcomed here. Greetings, all.

My name is Jantra, and my real name will never pass through these lips to anyone other then those who know me in life. I am a thrope, a were-tiger. A seberian tiger to be exact. I discovered it... only so long ago. This discovery was the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. For years of my childhood I had a strong belief in magic, other races, and other such things. I searched longingly for it, constantly finding dead ends that in the end was almost my curious nature's undoing. *sighs* But the foul ends to each search darkened my hopes. Until I met a single person. Fugit. He seemed... different. Very cold, very haughty. I knew there was something different about him. And after much questioning, he reveal it to me. A vampire. Not a creature that would suck blood and hide in the day, afraid of garlic and crosses... but someone with human qualities, frailities, and emotions. And that almost dead hope flareed back into life. It was true... there was some great magic in this world, something beyond the normal that all others seemed to take in passively! *smiles softly at the memories*

Many nights beyond this night, I lay in my bed, curled up under the covers in the middle of winter, talking to Fugit on the phone. A cool night, but one that had a full moon hanging on the blade of the sky. That is when I first felt it. A distant call, a distant tug. I sat up in bed, going silent on Fugit. It sung to my soul, calling... Then died as Fugit pressed a button on the phone, the sharp noise bringing an end to the trance I seemed to fall into...

Perhaps.. I will write more, later. *smiles softly, and fades into the shadows once again*

- The cold, the snow, the midnight winter solstice. These things I have in my soul. And I have learned use them... become them.

- Birth. Become. Evolve. Destroy. Yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01   #2
fugit_schleiden
Embracer Of The Dark

fugit_schleiden
Credits: 10,598
I am not sure the accuracy in which you describe myself, mayhaps if you tell them that I have changed much from what you first saw I would feel better, though, I would be quite amused to see how you view me, fy cariad.

When a man lies he murders
Some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which
Men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear
To witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation
Take me home
-Fugit Schleiden
Old 11-27-01   #3
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
Fugit

You will just have to wait until I get the energy up to keep writing to see how you evolve, Fugit dear.

- The cold, the snow, the midnight winter solstice. These things I have in my soul. And I have learned use them... become them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-27-01   #4
fugit_schleiden
Embracer Of The Dark

fugit_schleiden
then I shall stop wasting your thread space and give other peeps a chance to look, my apologies to all, my image is rather important to me *chuckles*

Some part of the world
Men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear
To witness any longer
Take me home
-Fugit Schleiden
Old 11-28-01   #5
SavageBloodCat
[DeathMaster]

Location: Inside your head. Inside this planet. Inside the fabric of space and time.
SavageBloodCat is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,993
Ah...

Another feline like myself! Hello, dear. Your name spoke to me deep inside to something. I felt I simply needed to respond to your thread. As your name is Jantra, so mine is Savage. It's wonderful to know a thrope as you could know your true animal's calling. I have yet to feel mine, though I have had hints in my dreams, many felines that pawed though. On few occasions in there, I've flew on wings, soaring as a red-tailed hawk, then again being and not being a snake about to eat myself, my human self. Aye, something calls to me, but I cannot find it out. It is partly the moon, but there is something else, something so much darker. And harder to know. I'm not afraid to acknowledge myself as a kind of thrope, but there are many others who so fake it, that sometimes, I wonder if other people see me as a fake...

I'm not new to all this. Only to a calling within my soul. Perhaps I am many things and I am none. All I know is that I've been on this planet before, where my soul is older than this planet. Either that, or my mind...

"Something witty and clever!"
Old 11-28-01   #6
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,545
Most welcome, my friends... *smiles* 'Tis good to see souls akin meet... Even if not akin in flesh, they are. And as a good friend once said...

"Enjoy your stay."

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 11-28-01   #7
ankh_tattoo
The Unforgiven

ankh_tattoo
Credits: 4,343
Looking forward...

Please continue; I look forward 2 your next post..I am enjoying all this new wisdom.

Give me your tears, your trust, and your hurt..I won't fail you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lux et umbra vicissum sed semper amor.

Old 11-28-01   #8
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
*smiles*

I, too, know of the heart-ache and worry of trying to figure out what could by thy other half. So I offer you this. You are a thrope. But what I've known is called to be a therianthrope. Like the word 'lycan' means wolf, and 'tigris' means tiger, 'therian' means all creatures. A thrope that does not yet know their race... or one who has more then one creature within. I believe that you *could* be something perhaps like a leopard, who are known to be living half their life in trees, a night hunter as well as in day. Only a suggestion. Might I suggest to find an animal website and look through all the creatures you ponder you could be... reading them, seeing them in their true form. Perhaps one or two will call to you... I would like to hear more of your trials.

But to continue my story. From that night on, the call was strong, pulling ever more at my soul. Another night, one curled up in bed as sleep tried to claim me, Fugit and I were speaking on the phone, talking about his past and his ways. He had long ago sensed that I was something other then human, and had thought I was a vampire. But I knew deep in my soul that was not true... differences that could not be accounted for by the vampire race seperated him from me. By this time, he had changed from the cool creature to a soul with heats and passions, fears and hates, irony and a sense of humor that often was perverted and funny at the same time. *grins towards the probably leering Fugit with a wink* So with all the curiousity of a kitten, I plunged into his mind, asking him a million questions of other races over a long series of nights.

The call only got worse.

He mentioned at one point that he thought I could be a thrope, but the sense he had of them was definitly twisted from the truth, so I rode it off. But not to long after, I had my first conscience shift. ( I say conscience because I already had done much the same when I was anger or in pain or scared.) I was scared, nervous, and thrilled... notion was toyed with, and I did countless hours of research online, wondering, pondering. I found so many faux sights I felt hopeless... until I found one sight that explained there was more then one type of shifting....

I will perhaps do some more tonight, if you all wish to know more. *bows softly and vanishes into the darkness.*

Old 11-28-01   #9
ankh_tattoo
The Unforgiven

ankh_tattoo
Please do continue!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-28-01   #10
Darky Dark Dark
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEE

Darky Dark Dark
Credits: 12,065
Are you having a laugh?
Old 11-29-01   #11
Shadowstar
New Blood

Shadowstar
Credits: 277
Greetings once again

Jantra, it is good to know that thropes are welcome here. We have already spoken over AIM, though I was under a different name there. Personally, I am a lycathrope, and only a lycanthrope, at least as far as I know. Normally in the thrope community I go under the name moonshadow, but seeing as that was already in use, I was forced to seek another name, but in any case Shadow is the short version. To any and all thropes here, I offer a friendly hello and the hope that we will all get to know each other better.
Old 11-29-01   #12
Darky Dark Dark

Darky Dark Dark
Hello there, BTW, I am Darky Dark Dark. I am a squithrope... every thursday at 5 o'clock I turn into a red squirrel and climb a tree for half an hour. It took me until now to notice... I always just accepted it to be normal to wake in a tree at half past five every thursday afternoon... but after talking with my friends, it has become apparent that that is not so.

I've also always had an obsession with nuts... so that confirmed my theory.

In the thrope community I go under the name John The Squirrel.
Old 11-30-01   #13
ankh_tattoo
The Unforgiven

ankh_tattoo
Hmm...I have not felt the call of any thropes, myself, tho I know someone who has..How then does one go about discovering their nature? I would like 2 be able to help him, tho I don't know how.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-30-01   #14
SavageBloodCat
[DeathMaster]

Location: Inside your head. Inside this planet. Inside the fabric of space and time.
SavageBloodCat is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,993
Somehow, I feel a wolf's cry ripple though my soul... A cat's claw slamming me into coldness... I've uttered screams of natues so unnatural and so completely wild, it was in human... I dream of many animals. All so confusing... wolf, raven, crow, owl, bear, catamount, tiger, lion, leopard, black jaguar...

"Something witty and clever!"
Old 12-01-01   #15
fugit_schleiden
Embracer Of The Dark

fugit_schleiden
I see you as well have hidden things from my view.. *sighs lightly* I have failed you in many ways, but the way I have in most, is that I have failed to comfort you during that hardest parts... I realize now that when you were going through the worst parts of everything... I was so wrapped up in what was going to take place I never gave myself time to be there for yourself in a way to help you through those times. *sighs lightly* can you tell me of the exact feelings you went through when you first knew that you had a real calling and you were not crazy?

Some part of the world
Men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear
To witness any longer
Take me home
-Fugit Schleiden
Old 12-02-01   #16
Darky Dark Dark

Darky Dark Dark
Quote:
Originally posted by SavageBloodCat
All so confusing... wolf, raven, crow, owl, bear, catamount, tiger, lion, leopard, black jaguar...
Don't forget us squirrels
Old 12-02-01   #17
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
Hmm

Sorry for not having posted for so long... alot of time has been going into different real life projects. I've spoken to Bloodcat... so I will answer Fugit's question.

When I finally knew that I was not losing my mind, not going insane... It was such an utter sense of relief, of joy no soul could ever express fully. I was not just human... not just another cow. Like a great burden lifted off my soul. I embraced it, and let it flow and show me what it had to.

Old 12-03-01   #18
Darky Dark Dark

Darky Dark Dark
Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_Journey
When I finally knew that I was not losing my mind, not going insane...
Is that the view of a psychiatrist?
Old 12-03-01   #19
Roswellian_Star
New Blood

Roswellian_Star
Credits: 1,630
Savage, you ever consider reincarnation as an explaination. I look at it this way from what you said... you pass on to animal form in gain energy before passing back or starting into a human form. Instead of just floating around or whatever... you pass into animal forms that you may choose... But of course I dun know... just a thought...

Kitten
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The Night-mare LIFE-IN-DEATH was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold." ---Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"A dead atheist is someone who is all dressed up with no place to go."
--James Duffecy

"We are all dead men on leave." --Eugene Levine

"I want to be cremated so people won't come to worship at my bones."' --Albert Einstein

Old 12-03-01   #20
fugit_schleiden
Embracer Of The Dark

fugit_schleiden
Re: Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Darky Dark Dark

Is that the view of a psychiatrist?
What help would a psychiatrist offer to the supernatural? people who have spent their whole lives finding sanity in an insane world. Sanity at most times is what you make it. For us, it is our knowledge that others shy away from as well as our hopes and fears that we may or may not be wrong. Do not think that we have an easy time with knowing these things, why do you believe many of my kind have destroyed themselves? *sighs lightly* I am getting off subject, forgive my evasiveness, our beliefs echo throughout the ages if anyone does any research and cares enough to know the truth that is hidden amongst the ruins of the hidden societies. What dictates to people what is sane? The things that are 'normal' and 'true'. There are two truths... those that are the actual truth, and that which is fundamentally true. My sanity is up for your own ideas and precepts, judge like you will, but one thing I shall always say, is that I believe in my ancestors... and I believe in myself.

*sighs* with that aside, can you tell me the different processes you had to go through with the new found friend, jantra? I know it was rather hard for communication at first. Is there any telltale stages that you passed that you believe is common throughout?

Some part of the world
Men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear
To witness any longer
Take me home
-Fugit Schleiden