Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Lets start a Cult

Old 11-19-01   #1
Sire
Darkness Incarnate

Sire is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,618
Lets start a Cult

What shall our new religion be ? I suppose we need a belief system or heirarchy of sort. A deity maybe ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
|

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-01   #2
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,448
Happy 1000 posts, Sire.

A cult...Can I be high priestess? And then we can worship...the hand. The Allmighty Hand. Each finger has a saint, the right hand is the good one, the left the bad one...

Give me a few minutes, and I'll get the saints...we'll need a priest/priestess for each saint, they are to represent different aspects of life, mind, etc. I already vote for Duddy as the Priest of Alcohol, party and general indecent behavour.

Old 11-19-01   #3
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Ok...here we have the saints, the priests/priestesses should fit the gender...have your pic, guys, but Bronwyn is all mine... :p

Right hand

Zekeil – Saint of knowledge, evolution, education (male)
Phay – Saint of safety, protection, order (male)
Samina – Saint of wealth, luxury, extravagance (female)
Bronwyn – Saint of romance, enchantment, love (female)
Elston – Saint of alcohol, undecency, parties (male)

Left hand

Radai – Saint of power, might, victory (male)
Caveo – Saint of carnivore, slaughter, death (male/female?))
Anaby – Saint of deceit, mischief, lies (female)
Eudamon – Saint of war (male)
Amythia – Saint of betrayal, pain, torture (female)

Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can throw together a few stories too, about how the saints became such. We'll also need rituals, chants, holidays etc.

Last edited by Clearwitch; 11-20-01 at 13:56.
Old 11-19-01   #4
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Ok...inspiration hit me...

The creation story it's just in the first phase here, anyone who feels like writing out the whole thing, feel free to do so.

In the beginning, there was Time. Time was everything, and nothing. Time was. From Time, came the Hand. The Hand was the beginning of it all. The Hand was Zeycon. It created Light, Earth, Water, Air. But as with all Beings of Light, it had a Shadow. The Shadow, the left Hand, was known as Belyan. Belyan was all Zeycon was not. It created the Darkness, Fire, Stone, Death.

And the story of one of the saints,Elston...more are to come later.

One glorious morning, Elston, a young farmers son, took his usual morning walk. It was hotter than usual, and he soon got tired in the sun. But there was no shadow to be seen anywhere. Lighthearted as he was, he kept walking for a little while longer, thinking that as long as he kept his faith in the Hand, it would guide him well. And glory! It did. By the end of the road he could see the most magnificent tree, casting a rich shadow on the heat-strucken ground. Elston could hardly believe his own luck, and merely ran the few paces left, praising the Hand all the way.

Well there, he threw himself on the ground under the tree, admiring the view. Sevveral apples had fallen from the tree, and Elston was hungry. He ate the apples, these luxurios gifts of the Holy Hand bestowed upon him, a mere mortals. And what a splendid gift it was. The apples had apparently been waiting for him for quite a while, he got a fuzzy feeling in his head as he ate. After five apples he was starting to get dizzy, he felt like giggling for no reason,. After five more he felt even bolder. Though it was rendered highly uncommon to do so, Elston felt liberation and recklessness surge through his body, and ripped his shirt off, now standing in nothing but pants, still chewing the wondrous apples. It was hard to stand like this, balance would not really cooperate with him, so in his drunken stupour he decided it might be a better idea to move around.

Elston gathered the rest of the apples, quite a few, in his shirt, and started on the walk home. Singing and staggering along the road, he shared his magical apples with everyone he met, turning them to the same state he was in. Soon it was a rather large crowd, singing, dancing stuttering and stumbling along the roads, eating apples and exploring their newfound frivolity. They never got home. To this day they are seen wandering the earth, gathering more and more followers, teaching those they meet to drink, sing, brew beer and be merry.

Old 11-19-01   #5
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
I`ll be the disgruntled hippie that takes the "New Left Hand Path" worshipping the evil saints just to get PR and all the while dismissing the existance of the hand and only teaching common sense to my followers.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 11-19-01   #6
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

*laffs*

Old 11-19-01   #7
AAAAB

Hey, there's no saints I wanna be priest of... this cult sucks! I'm not paying no membership fees.... unless the priestesses do some kind of Holy purification dance, involving the symbolic shedding of manmade clothing and experiencing the true and naked glory of the hand!

*goes to stand with Red, and turns the Hand Symbol upside down...*
Old 11-19-01   #8
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

No saints, 5a? ...how about...Radai?

Old 11-19-01   #9
AAAAB

Quote:
Originally posted by Clearwitch
No saints, 5a? ...how about...Radai?
Sounds too much like some blundering oaf.. like Thor or something... "power and victory", hmph! Where's the "saint" (angel would be better IMHO) of knowledge and evolution, huh?!
Old 11-19-01   #10
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
interesting idea, nice story...I'll think about it...changing your religion takes a lot of education about that religion...especially a cult...I'll wait for more infromation...
Old 11-19-01   #11
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Damn...I forgot that one...

*skips back to edit*

But I thought saint might be better, seeing as they all started out as humans.

Old 11-19-01   #12
AAAAB

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordyn
interesting idea, nice story...I'll think about it...changing your religion takes a lot of education about that religion...especially a cult...I'll wait for more infromation...
It sounds like your taking this terrifyingly seriously Jordyn... *backs away* *looks around shiftily* That'll be $20 please!
Old 11-19-01   #13
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Better? Zekeil is all yours..

Old 11-19-01   #14
AAAAB

Quote:
Originally posted by Clearwitch
Better? Zekeil is all yours..
Zekeil it is then!

Hail to the First Finger of the Hand, Zekeil, and his Prophet/Priest AAAAA!

*runs away to meditate, will see y'all later...*
Old 11-19-01   #15
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Phay sounds as anal as me.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 11-19-01   #16
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

A Chaosist as the High Priest of Chaos? Oh well, why not... I guess I have some writing to do tomorrow...

Old 11-19-01   #17
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
i'm willing to try anything once...:p
however I do need more than a pretty story to jump ship!
Old 11-19-01   #18
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
Evil saints? Isn't that contradictory? Perhaps a different title? Archons perhaps?

I think I will follow the path of the twin middle fingers *does the sacred double flip-off* as they seem to go *ahem* hand in hand...

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 11-19-01   #19
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
Quote:
Originally posted by AAAAA
Zekeil it is then!

Hail to the First Finger of the Hand, Zekeil, and his Prophet/Priest AAAAA!
Zekeil is not the First Finger! If we're going in order, he's either the Pinky or the Thumb, depending on which side you start counting from...take it or leave it.

*gives the double flip-off, then goes off to find someone to shave his head*

I feel this way on DF...a lot.
Old 11-19-01   #20
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

The thumb it will be then.