Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Playstation 2 vs. X - Box vs. GameCube :The Next System Wars. Who will survive????
View Poll Results: What will you spend your hard earned bucks on????
Sony Playstation 2 8 42.11%
Microsoft X - Box 3 15.79%
Nintendo GameCube 6 31.58%
I don't care/ huh? what are you talking about? 1 5.26%
other 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-01   #1
Archangel
GTH ЮMS rhngʣ

Archangel
Credits: 23,816
Playstation 2 vs. X - Box vs. GameCube :The Next System Wars. Who will survive????

and Which one will YOU Buy

I think I am leaning towards Nintendo's Gamecube
I really like Gran Turismo 3 and I wanna play other games such as Spy Hunter, Devil May Cry and so on... but oh well...... I'll have Super Smash Brothers : Melee along other titles to make-up for that..... Gooooddddd I just HOPE I get Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 or 2 I WANT IT!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for clicking

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-01   #2
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
I have a PS2 and I`m going to get a Gamecube once they come out here and a little down in price.Go for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 the first one had crap endings so hopfully the second one will be better.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 10-24-01   #3
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
ok, who the FUCK voted for the X-Shit

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 10-24-01   #4
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
ps2 all the way. i wasn't extremely impressed with the game cube. the graphics are pretty good, but their games didn't really look all that great. ps2 has so many great games and it seems like they're going to keep pumping them out.

Old 10-25-01   #5
Minion_of_Hell
Horny Demon

Minion_of_Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 19,659
PS2. Nintendo is a little too family oriented for me. X-Box is more powerful, but they aren't going to have the third-party backing that PS2 and GameCube will have. With titles like Blood Omen 2, Devil May Cry, MGS 2 going to PS2, thats where I'll be spending my money. One thing I heard that makes me wanna get GameCube eventually is that Resident Evil is going to be leaving PlayStation and GameCube will have exclusive rights to 6 new Resident Evil games. These are a next generation remake of the original; Resident Evil 0, a prequel to the series; ports of RE2, RE3:Nemesis, and RE Code:Veronica; and then a true continuation of the series with RE4. I got that news right out of Playstation Magazine. But PS2 will have Onimusha 2, Alone In The Dark 4, The Lost, and sequels to Silent Hill. PS2 will just have more and better selections of games than the other 2 consoles put together.

MINION OF HELL

Old 10-25-01   #6
errantrogue
which one, though?

which is why sony was able to beat Sega and Nintendo five years ago... PS has never let its customers down... well, except for all of those mary kate and ashley games, but those were just to keep the rents happy...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 10-25-01   #7
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman
Credits: 8,957

i voted for the x-box, microsoft has an edge over all of them, playstation 2, is a good console but hard to develop games for, and im pretty tired of nintendos cartoonish looking games, have any of you held the controller? damn it feels great, its similar to the the dreamcast, but alot bigger,, i love it.......

"He was wearing his yellow tie, i did'nt even wear a tie to work anymore..."

Old 10-25-01   #8
errantrogue
which one, though?

this satan you DONT want to be in bed with... people should shun the X-Box on PRINCIPLE...

Old 10-25-01   #9
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman

what the hell did you just say?

the x-box is satan and i shouldnt sleep with it?

Old 10-26-01   #10
errantrogue
which one, though?

its called a metaphor human... a metaphor...

Old 10-26-01   #11
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman

well im glad youve learned at like that....you know shouldnt really sleep with your gaming consoles, you might want to seek therapy for that.....

Old 10-26-01   #12
errantrogue
which one, though?

Re: ....

Quote:
Originally posted by posthuman
well im glad youve learned at like that....you know shouldnt really sleep with your gaming consoles, you might want to seek therapy for that.....
oooooo... snappy comeback mr.gates... almost felt the wind on that one

Old 10-26-01   #13
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman

mr. gates? i hate that guy, oh and thank you very much.....

Old 10-26-01   #14
errantrogue
which one, though?

no problem... its only sarcasm, doesnt cost much in the grand scheme of things...

Old 10-29-01   #15
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio/Dark Bard

The Necromancer
Credits: 8,150
I tried sleeping with my genesis, but it just couldn't get drunk enough.

Anyway, they all suck because they are all incapable of being emulated. Emulation rules above all else.

"...so when we emulate we do not steal. We only do what we love. And always think of, those emulation sites, with that special touch."
Chrono brought to you by Retrobase.com

Confidence is a set of brass knuckles, a chain, two nines, a sawed off, a base ball bat, and twenty friends to back you up.
Old 11-07-01   #16
Archangel
GTH ЮMS rhngʣ

Archangel
Quote:
Originally posted by errantrogue
which is why sony was able to beat Sega and Nintendo five years ago...
I don't know why the Dreamcast fell? I mean the graphics were really good, almost close to the Playstation 2. I never bought one because I had a feeling this would have happened. Now that Dreamcasts are cheap, I think I will buy one because it does have some great games.

as for Nintendo 64, it was all the damn catridges fault. Nintendo has since learn from this mistake and the next gen wars will different!!!! Also look at the last year or so of the Nintendo 64...It had Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day...Which just shows how Nintendo knows that they should reach that older audience. Yes it is true it had cartoonish graphics, but a great game is not made by its graphics alone, gameplay plays an important role!!!!
Also Nintendo's thing is Quality over Quantity....and even with its immature graphics, I wanna play Super Smash Bros:Melee on the Gamecube........

It is hard for developers to make games for PS2, but it still has some great 3rd party games. The PS2 with a year ahead of the competition has a Huge selection of games some of which I wish I could play.

Thanks for clicking

Old 11-16-01   #17
Elf
Sweetness & Light

Elf
Credits: 12,498
my friend said she saw silent hill on japanese import for the gameboy advance, so i guess maybe the sequals will be on the gamecube too?

As sega have an exlusive deal with nintendo for games I think the gamecube will probably be my fave.

I keep thinking I should buy a cheap dreamcast, but it's only for samba de amigo and you can't get the maracas anywhere so there's no real point, but I really really want that game
Old 11-17-01   #18
errantrogue
which one, though?

silent hill 2 is already out for PS2... and no rumours have been started concerning the third installment that is in preproduction...

Old 11-20-01   #19
The Black Widow
Face in the Mist

The Black Widow
Credits: 2,135
My next game target to play is Resident Evil 4. I've seen it's out and can't wait. I've already clocked 1,2 and 3. So it should be alright.

AND FUN!

You Have No Power Over Me - Labyrinth

Run Judy Run, See Judy Run -Demon Night.

Don't hate me because I'm Deadly!
Old 12-02-01   #20
Archangel
GTH ЮMS rhngʣ

Archangel
Quoted from the Gamepro newsite

GameCube Displaces Hardware Launch Record 29-NOV-01
According to number-wranglers over at Nintendo, the GameCube has replaced the PS2 as the fastest-selling new console ever. In its first week on shelves, the Cube sold more than a half million systems, moving twice as fast as Xbox sales (according to Nintendo, anywayMicrosoft still hasnt released any official tally), and at least 25 percent faster than the PS2 during its launch last year. Additionally, Luigi's Mansion has taken the title of most-bought console launch game ever, with sales outstripping Super Mario 64 during the 1996 N64 launch.

All I can say is I'm very happy and Wohoooooo!!!!

Yes I am more bias with Nintendo.......but Honestly I think Sony PS2 will win for awhile at first if not then the "console war" will be something very intresting to see.

Thanks for clicking