Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page The Necronomicon or Seven Deadly Sins?
View Poll Results: What's more frightening?
Necronomicon 8 47.06%
Seven Deadly Sins 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-01   #1
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
The Necronomicon or Seven Deadly Sins?

What do you find most frightening...
Old 09-18-01   #2
head doc
motherfucking magician

head doc
Credits: 17,527
Give a brief description of why each is frightening. I have heard of the book of the dead, but i realy don't know what it is. i did not vote, simply because i have no knowledge on this subject.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-01   #3
seek4logos
one who is...

seek4logos
Credits: 2,892
do you think that they are really comparable...and are you talking about participating in sin, just like one would be participating in the rituals and incantations of the necronomicon, both being by free-will of course....or being judged on one's sins like the karma you might get from participating in a damaging dark spell against another?
"I took my place in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in flesh. I found all of them intoxicated; I found none of them thirsty. And my soul became afflicted for the sons of men, because they are blind in their hearts and do not have sight; for empty they came into the world, and empty too they seek to leave the world. But for the moment they are intoxicated. When they shake off their wine, then they will repent." --jesus quoted in Judas Didymos Thomas

"And Jesus said unto them, 'And whom do you say that I am?'
They replied, 'You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed.'
And Jesus replied, 'What?!?'"
---Unknown
Old 09-18-01   #4
Jordyn
paraphiliac

The Necronomicon is a highly controversial book on this board, initiated by The Snake God and I. It brought many out to battle and no resolution was yet made.

It is believed by some to be a book to awaken old Sumerian Gods who do mighty dreadful things. Then there is the other belief that is was entirely and solely created by one man. The late and great H.P. Lovecraft.

Now the sins are just as controversial...many people believe that any one of them can damn your soul(Xuley's favorite is envy)however it was extensevily explained to me by Dyshade and Shadowborn and thus enlightened me that there is still hope for my little soul

Thanks Guys....
Old 09-18-01   #5
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally posted by seek4logos
do you think that they are really comparable...and are you talking about participating in sin, just like one would be participating in the rituals and incantations of the necronomicon, both being by free-will of course....or being judged on one's sins like the karma you might get from participating in a damaging dark spell against another?
This is gonna be good
Old 09-18-01   #6
head doc
motherfucking magician

head doc
out of curiosity, what did they say to you about the 7 sins (as they relate to your soul?)

Old 09-18-01   #7
seek4logos
one who is...

seek4logos
oh, hey, i think i have debated myself down to an answer....

the sins are more frightening only because of this: it is a church's scare tactic to prevent people from living a existence without the threat of being damned by the patristic god, whom apostles, priests, and deacons invented to socially control the early communities of all those sporadic ~christian peoples....
"I took my place in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in flesh. I found all of them intoxicated; I found none of them thirsty. And my soul became afflicted for the sons of men, because they are blind in their hearts and do not have sight; for empty they came into the world, and empty too they seek to leave the world. But for the moment they are intoxicated. When they shake off their wine, then they will repent." --jesus quoted in Judas Didymos Thomas

They replied, 'You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed.'
---Unknown
Old 09-18-01   #8
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
oh, hey, i think i have debated myself down to an answer....

the sins are more frightening only because of this: it is a church's scare tactic to prevent people from living a existence without the threat of being damned by the patristic god, whom apostles, priests, and deacons invented to socially control the early communities of all those sporadic ~christian peoples....
You got it! Good Grasshopper
Old 09-18-01   #9
seek4logos
one who is...

seek4logos
thank you...perhaps i am not as burnt as i originally thought....just like i have recently discovered that i am sympathetic...i originally thought that i had lost that feeling of understanding to fellow humans...apathy is kind of cushy though...kind of warm

---Unknown
Old 09-18-01   #10
seek4logos
one who is...

seek4logos
now that i think on it again the necronomicon is not very scary at all...if you are the one enjoying it, aka-- not on the receiving end...because you sin (if you are one to believe in that sort of thing) unwillingly sometimes...you couldn't, i don't think, unwillingly participate in one of the rituals of the necronomicon and not realize it...one would have to enjoy it--they'd would have chosen it for a reason...one they love

---Unknown
Old 09-18-01   #11
head doc
motherfucking magician

head doc
I think the book is scarier because of the person or people who wrote it. Can you imagine what they were like, what they thought when they were all alone?

Quote:
the sins are more frightening only because of this: it is a church's scare tactic to prevent people from living a existence without the threat of being damned by the patristic god,
You have a one-track mind, you know that?

Old 09-18-01   #12
seek4logos
one who is...

seek4logos
at least i am constant then....

---Unknown
Old 09-18-01   #13
head doc
motherfucking magician

head doc
You may be consistent, but . . . what the hell does your screenname mean?

Old 09-19-01   #14
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
I cant be afraid of natural things like "sins".

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 09-19-01   #15
Jordyn
paraphiliac

whew...I thought you were going to make a comment about me resurrecting these subjects. I was trying to make a point and they inquired

I like your view on sin...they have caused a lot of emotional turmoil that I had to claw my way out of their oppression...now I'm FREE!!!! kinda Damn sins!
Old 09-19-01   #16
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Bah..... niether frighten me...

S.O.D.

Old 09-19-01   #17
Jordyn
paraphiliac

That's a surprise
Old 09-19-01   #18
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

Pyrric Dicktory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,393
while im sure the necronomican is a work of compleate fiction by lovecraft, i have no clue, in which context, you are refering to the 7 deadly sins about.

a few more truely frightning works of fiction are:

revelations
dante's Inferno
Dianetics by Hubbard

JUST ME AND YOU FOREVER.............................
Old 09-19-01   #19
head doc
motherfucking magician

head doc
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrric Dicktory
while im sure the necronomican is a work of compleate fiction by lovecraft, i have no clue, in which context, you are refering to the 7 deadly sins about.

a few more truely frightning works of fiction are:

revelations
dante's Inferno
Dianetics by Hubbard
I must point out that the Revelation of Jesus Christ by Saint John the Divine is NOT plural. I would also point out that I believe it not to be a work of fiction either. The Inferno is a very interesting poem, a little too Catholic for me, though.

Old 09-19-01   #20
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,393
I voted for the Seven Deadly Sins. Two reasons for this...

First, the Necronomicon is fiction. Nothing that does not exist can truly scare me in the slightest.

Second, the Seven Deadly Sins, whether you truly believe in the concept of sin or not, are actual faults inherent in nearly all human beings to one degree or another. They are faults of excess, and excess of the darker sides of human nature can truly be frightening.

Shadowborn

I feel this way on DF...a lot.

Last edited by Shadowborn; 09-19-01 at 19:01.