Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Victimless Crime

Old 08-29-01   #1
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
Victimless Crime

Victimless Crime -
“A crime in which the accused has not acted in a manner harmful to another.”

In other words, nothing was stolen; no property damaged; no other party was hurt, no other real person that is. What has occurred is this: The accused has broken some “shall” or “shall not” statute of law. In all such cases the state assumes the role of victim, no matter that in most cases the accused is the real victim and the state the assailant.

Interestingly, the origin of many, if not all, victimless crimes can be traced back to that period of time in (mostly US, but other countries as well) history known as, Prohibition. Another fact of the so called victimless crime is that it flies in the face of the long accepted premise of law which states that for a crime to have been committed, or to be legally cognizable, real damage must have occurred to someone's person or property as a product of an unlawful act.

Is there really such a thing as a 'victimless crime'? Are there crimes that in fact harm nobody's person or property and people still go to jail? What do you think?

>FuckDoll<

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-01   #2
renovate
Dark Thrall

renovate is on a distinguished road
Credits: 80,475
Well, I can't really think of anything to say...but this is a really good topic! Once I find the words, I'll be sure to reply to it...In the meantime, I wonder why nobody else has anything to say...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|reno|
Old 08-29-01   #3
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
I shall create a response that doth startle you to high hell.. once I learn more about this type of stuff.

Until then.. enjoy the wonderful Muzak brought on by my thinking.

<-- IT LIKES THE MUZAK!
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 08-29-01   #4
renovate
Dark Thrall

There is no such thing as crime.

Well, I totally disagree with that, but hey, if ya can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle 'em with bullshit!!

*grooves to the muzak*

|
|
|

|reno|
Old 08-29-01   #5
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
Sadly people who commit victimless crimes often times get punished more severely than those who violate the youngest victims I guess that's our wonderful "justice system:
Old 08-29-01   #6
Alliance Of Concerned Men
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Alliance Of Concerned Men
Credits: 36,396
A victimless crime is still a crime, as the laws and the enforcers thereof are set up to protect us from ourselves, as well as others.

"That's bullshit AOCM, who are THEY to tell us what we can and can't do to ourselves? Who gave them that power? God? what the fuck!?"

Don't like it? Vote more.

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

Old 08-29-01   #7
Lethal
Face in the Mist

Lethal
Credits: 248
Quote:
Originally posted by renovate
There is no such thing as crime.

Well, I totally disagree with that, but hey, if ya can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle 'em with bullshit!!

*grooves to the muzak*
'baffled by renovate's bullshit'

A very good topic, but it would require me to think and at this moment I'm not capable of that...if that changes I shall return and make my opinion known.
Old 08-29-01   #8
renovate
Dark Thrall

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal

'baffled by renovate's bullshit'

A very good topic, but it would require me to think and at this moment I'm not capable of that...if that changes I shall return and make my opinion known.
*takes a bow*
I knew someone would have sumthin to say...but I didn't know they'd have a thinking problem like meeee

|
|
|

|reno|
Old 08-29-01   #9
Lethal
Face in the Mist

Lethal
Quote:

*takes a bow*
I knew someone would have sumthin to say...but I didn't know they'd have a thinking problem like meeee
thinking problem is my middle name.
Old 08-29-01   #10
renovate
Dark Thrall

Thats two silly :p

|
|
|

|reno|
Old 08-29-01   #11
Lethal
Face in the Mist

Lethal
Quote:
Thats two silly :p
See what I mean?? Serious thinking problems.
Old 08-29-01   #12
renovate
Dark Thrall

uhh...oh yah....i never thought of that

|
|
|

|reno|
Old 08-29-01   #13
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

hmm... interesting so far. I believe the majority of the comments have been, "I can not think." hehe... now that says something...

Cheers to all of you that can not (at least try to) think...!

>FuckDoll<

Old 08-29-01   #14
Lethal
Face in the Mist

Lethal
Quote:
Originally posted by >FuckDoll<
hmm... interesting so far. I believe the majority of the comments have been, "I can not think." hehe... now that says something...

Cheers to all of you that can not (at least try to) think...!

>FuckDoll<
uhhh, yeah...thanks?
Old 09-02-01   #15
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

too bad it never got anywhere...

Old 09-02-01   #16
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman
Credits: 8,957

i think its stupid for the state to take the role of the victim, unless something such as a public thing was damaged like a statue or something, then ok i guess, perhaps if you give some examples of these victimless crimes, cause i cant seem to come up with one right now....

"He was wearing his yellow tie, i did'nt even wear a tie to work anymore..."

Old 09-02-01   #17
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

well, there is the obvious... personal use of weed. Quite the victimless crime indeed...

>FuckDoll<

Old 09-02-01   #18
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman
Credits: 8,957

if yoru at your house smoking, they cant really do anything, but if your in public, its pretty much the same as beer, and every other drug, liek if your neighbor calls the cops cause they see you smokign weed, and your on yoru property, not really sure they can do anything really...

"He was wearing his yellow tie, i did'nt even wear a tie to work anymore..."

Old 09-02-01   #19
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Quote:
Originally posted by >FuckDoll<
well, there is the obvious... personal use of weed. Quite the victimless crime indeed...

>FuckDoll<
Heart attack, smoking while with child and dont do it while driving.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 09-05-01   #20
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by posthuman
if yoru at your house smoking, they cant really do anything, but if your in public, its pretty much the same as beer, and every other drug, liek if your neighbor calls the cops cause they see you smokign weed, and your on yoru property, not really sure they can do anything really...
If you are smoking in your house, and a police officer comes to your door, and they smell weed, they can consider that basically an invite to come and invade your privacy... it happened to me, but I'm a girl... they just stole my weed, and took my boyfriend to jail.

The only victim in the 'war on weed' is the taxpayer. Us who pay billions each year to house people convicted of smoking and growing their own weed... a bit silly isn't it...?

>FuckDoll<