Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page The Greatest Love

Old 07-28-01   #1
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Credits: 71,449

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." John 3:19-20

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Samichking; 07-28-01 at 01:27.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-01   #2
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
The Greatest Love

Paul told Timothy, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
II Timothy 4:2-4

If you notice, this seems to describe many of the philosophies of the fine people here at this site. Doesn't it sound familiar?

So many of the posts I personally have read over the last 3 months have been just that; people who are creating their own beliefs to suit their own desires, listening only to those who say what they WANT to hear. And in doing so, they have turned their ears away from the truth and listened instead to myths.

Why? Because many are hurting and want to grab onto to something, ANYTHING that will make them feel good. It is evident that many of you have been burned by religion in your past. I'm sorry that happened. I wish it didn't. However, you can still find what should have been given you in the first place: the Peace that passes all understanding. Jesus Christ. It is He who can and will forever tell you, "I love you".

When truly expressed from the heart, "I love you" is undoubtedly the most wonderful declaration one can hear or speak. Many husbands and wives, parents and children, as well as brothers and sisters in Christ, however, fail to express their love often enough to one another and not just in words but in deeds. Somewhere in the past, the church let you down, maybe your family let you down. Jesus will NEVER let you down. NEVER.

To all mankind God has repeatedly said, "I love you!" Even to rebels who hate Him and reject the salvation He offers to all in Christ? Yes! True love is not just toward the lovely or lovable or those who love in return. Love does not find its source or reason in the loved one but in the heart of the lover.

Love is the very essence of God's being. Some have long tried to portray the God of the Old Testament as angry and vengeful and to credit Jesus with introducing the idea of the loving Father God of the New Testament. In fact, God is "from everlasting to everlasting (Ps 90:2)...I am the Lord, I change not; therefore the sons of Jacob are not consumed" (Mal 3:6).

Love is not partial; it plays no favorites, but gives itself wholeheartedly to all and grieves over those who reject it. We are even to love our enemies, and our neighbors as ourselves. Christ prays to the Father, "that the love wherewith thou has loved me may be in them, and I in them" (Jn 17:26). In other words, we are to love others with the very love which God the Father has for the Son and puts within us by faith. Thus we can be certain that God's love is at least as selfless, impartial and broad as our love is to be.

I want to offer you words of encouragement today. You are loved. You may not feel like you are. But you cannot judge reality on subjective feelings. Jesus does love you. He loves you so much He died for you. He died for me. I accepted His love. It changed my life for all eternity.

You can freely choose to do the same.

Sincerely,
Samichking

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." John 3:19-20

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Samichking; 07-28-01 at 01:17.
Old 07-28-01   #3
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
I put your blank thread on here too Samichking.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 07-28-01   #4
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Oh Sam... how do you do it... you understand the situation so painfully clear... I wonder do you have the eyes of God??

S.O.D.

Old 07-28-01   #5
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Please, Dyshade.....I am only expressing my heart.

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-28-01   #6
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
I know... forgive me my wit... it gets away from me now and again... I meant no slight... err at least now I do not.. i may have than... err... well have a fun day

S.O.D.

Old 07-28-01   #7
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
i hate to say it, but love is extremely partial...it is an act of choice.

its very late for me, so ill be extremely brief.

...ok there... im done

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-28-01   #8
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Hi Rogue,

What was meant in the post about love being impartial was basically that Love is God personified. I truly believe that. God literally is True Love.

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-29-01   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

allow me to giggle... im sorry... just the statement is so off on the verge of sounding ridiculous... thats almost like saying Fear is Michael Myers Incarnate...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-29-01   #10
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
I don't believe it is like saying that at all Nick. I have experienced this Love I am talking about. I experience it every day.....I wish you would choose to do the same. I wish for you this same agape Love. Your past is not part of the equation, Christ loves you unconditionally. He always will. He does so now.

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-29-01   #11
errantrogue
which one, though?

now thats just creepy... almost stalker creepy at that...

love isnt just something that u should have every day at everymoment just cause hes jesus...

love is something u have to earn... its an emotional ideal that we all strive for between ourselves... to say that its there just becausr and theres no way for it to end negates the purpose of love...

Old 07-29-01   #12
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Nick, see.....that's why Jesus is SO incredibly awesome. You don't have to do a thing. You certainly don't have to EARN His love. Dude, He IS Love. He gives it to you freely. It is a gift. And it is unconditional. There is NOTHING you can do to earn His Love. He always offers it to you. All one has to do is freely receive it. It is there for the taking.

You are talking about love on the physical and emotional level. I am coming to you from God's perspective on it. He freely offers it to you no matter what. That's how much He loves you. He so strongly desires for you to take it. But it is your choice. He loves you enough that He is not going to make you do something you don't freely choose. He wants you to come to Him and He will gladly give it and share it with you.

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-30-01   #13
errantrogue
which one, though?

in that case its an empty love that u speak of... a love that costs nothing...

i want my love to cost everything... the utter and complete destruction of two souls leading to a miraculous rebirth into one... i want lightening love (as jeremy piven said on his illfated show Cupid)...

ur god just cant offer me that... cause all it is is soft embraces and gritted teeth... smiling faces and lying eyes...

Old 07-30-01   #14
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Nick,

It doesn't cost YOU anything. But it did cost Jesus EVERYTHING. He gave up everything so you could have eternal life. It was His love for us that did that. It cost Him His life. He paid for you and me with HIS LIFE. It cost you nothing. It cost Him everything.

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-30-01   #15
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Hrrmmm.....
Jesus did not pay for my life...
I have...
And I will continue to..

S.O.D.

Old 07-30-01   #16
errantrogue
which one, though?

and by the way... if he was GOD what the fuck did it matter that he died... his corporeal form has no value since hes supposed to be the end all be all of the universe, right? u cant lay a guilt trip on me cause the dude sacrifice his flesh. if hes the almighty, the sacrifice is null. flesh sacrifices only mean something if the sacrificee is giving up everything (as u want to say about jesus, but doesnt add up).

example: slim pickens riding the N-bomb down cause he had to sit on it to get it to dislodge...

now THATS a fun sacrifice

Old 07-30-01   #17
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Rogue,

I apologize, but I am beginning to have a hard time following your logic. What is it that Jesus did not have to give up? He gave EVERYTHING up in order to live a human life, die and then rise from the dead. He experienced it all. What are you trying to say?

Sincerely,
Samichking

Old 07-30-01   #18
errantrogue
which one, though?

what do u mean he gave up EVERYTHING...

logically if hes the omnipresent god, then a corporeal form is just a facade, an avatar if u will... since anything happening to said avatar would not affect the god because he is omnipotent, then the said SACRIFICE is of little consequence...

theres the logic...

Old 07-31-01   #19
Deconformist
bite me and choke...

Location: as a non-Christian, apparently it's partly my fault the World Trade Center Towers/Pentagon got crashed into. I apologize. never meant for my heathen ways to do THAT...
Deconformist
Credits: 16,375
everything = HIS LIFE

He hung on a cross with his hands and feet nailed for you.

to forgive YOUR sins.

just for the CHANCE that maybe you would accept his unending love for you.

the ultimate sacrifice.

and then, when you love Him back, then you will have the relationship you described. lightning love. and then you will become a living sacrifice. so you'd be sacrificing for each other. Jesus gave his life, you give Him yours.

only you get to live.

and breathe.

and not be nailed to a cross.

as an ending thought, how would YOU like to be crucified?

It comes full circle.
Old 07-31-01   #20
errantrogue
which one, though?

well im a bit of a masochist soooo...

and again, u are missing my point...

DEATH, for an AVATAR has no value... if jesus is god, and god is omnipresent, then the death of a corporeal form has no consequence to said god...

man ur thick Decon...

his life has little sacrificial value since anyway u look at it, hed STILL BE A GOD AND THEREFORE UNTOUCHABLE either BEFORE, DURING, or AFTER the destruction of his avatar (ie-crusifiction)

woof...

and how could he was away my sins if i was two thousand years distant? even by going on the assumtion that this is my fourth life, then the number is still 1600 years at the most...