Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page What is your religion?

Old 07-25-01   #1
Shadow_Land13
Face in the Mist

Shadow_Land13
Credits: 1,974
What is your religion?

Hi, I am new here so it would help me if you all could briefly describe your beliefs. It might help others out too, thats why I am starting the thread. Just a brief analogy will do. Thanks a lot.

"I am the life of death, and the death of life. Hope is a false comfort in my mind. Appearance is nothing to the soul. Be wary, be watchful, be honest." ~Shadow DragonMatrix~
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-01   #2
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Credits: 71,449
Hi Shadow Land,

For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, "He who through faith is righteous shall live."
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth.
For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse;
for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened.
Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man or birds or animals or reptiles.
Romans 1:16-23

That is a good part of what I believe

Sincerely,
Samichking

Last edited by Samichking; 07-25-01 at 02:45.
Old 07-25-01   #3
Shadow_Land13
Face in the Mist

Shadow_Land13
Thanks for the reply sam, I am glad to see someone who knows what they believe in such detail. I wish I could claim the same.

"I am the life of death, and the death of life. Hope is a false comfort in my mind. Appearance is nothing to the soul. Be wary, be watchful, be honest." ~Shadow DragonMatrix~
Old 07-25-01   #4
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
well samich is on a mission so he would have the guns to back it up i think...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-25-01   #5
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Originally posted by that Rogue guy

Quote:
well samich is on a mission so he would have the guns to back it up i think...
Man, Nick.......you make it sound like it is a BAD thing. LOL...just playing with you. Ya big goob.

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-25-01   #6
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
not a bad thing, im just saying ur here for a reason...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-25-01   #7
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Well, yeah. Aren't you here for a reason? To exachange ideals and thoughts of your beliefs?

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-25-01   #8
EvilAngelX

well ive stated my beliefs before, but i'll do it again cuz this is where it should be anyways....

i dont believe in god or anything like that. im an athiest. i believe in the science teachings of life. like evolution, etc.
Old 07-25-01   #9
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,448
i believe in a lot of things...but since i guess religion is the topic here, ill stick to that.

i dont deny the existance of god, or any gods for that matter. i have never recieved sufficient proof that they dont exist. but i dont worship any of them either. getting on my knees and praying just isnt my thing.

i believe that all humans has the power to create abstract life. but the ability is dormant in this 'enlightened' age, so it takes a lot of firm believers to get anywhere. the more people who really, sincerely believes in a particular deity, the stronger the deity gets. its all about the energy you send out.

personally i prefer to channel that energy on myself. so, i guess you could call me a solitary witch. thats the closest label i can think of. but as ive stated numerous times before, im not too fond of labels.

Old 07-25-01   #10
magnus1121
super emo kid

magnus1121
Credits: 17,730
I think I'm agnostic. I just don't know. I don't deny the existence of God.. a god, whatever. I'd be more confident in saying he does exist than saying he doesn't. I was raised (as my parents were) as a Christian, but I'm looking for more answers than what I've already found. So yeah.. I'd say I'm agnostic.
Old 07-25-01   #11
painful_clutch_
Embracer Of The Dark

painful_clutch_
Credits: 9,410
I'm a modern/LaVeyan Satanist..........

HEY, my explenation was the shortest. I WIN!!!
what do i get?
Old 07-25-01   #12
magnus1121
super emo kid

magnus1121
Quote:
Originally posted by painful_clutch_
I'm a modern/LaVeyan Satanist..........

HEY, my explenation was the shortest. I WIN!!!
what do i get?
You get a cookie. From Satan. Just like Charles Manson.
Old 07-25-01   #13
painful_clutch_
Embracer Of The Dark

painful_clutch_
Credits: 9,410
YEHAA

Chocolate cookie???

roasted on the flames of burning sinners???
Old 07-25-01   #14
magnus1121
super emo kid

magnus1121
No, just a sugar cookie. You have to actually kill people for the chocolate chips.
Old 07-25-01   #15
Deconformist
bite me and choke...

Location: as a non-Christian, apparently it's partly my fault the World Trade Center Towers/Pentagon got crashed into. I apologize. never meant for my heathen ways to do THAT...
Deconformist
Credits: 16,375
magnus, you kill me. lol. thought I'd say that first...

I'm agnostic. I don't know if there is or isn't a God. *a* God. I don't believe in more than one, Wiccan stuff, satanic stuff, or any of that kind of thing. I'll end up being either Christian or atheist, I think. then again, I'm agnostic - so what the hell do I know?

I'm undecided. this is fun because I can sorta argue both ways. this is bad because I have no strong standpoint. oh well.

I ask so many questions it's not funny. heh, ask Sam or magnus or someone. they'll tell you.

my philosophy on life is Objectivism - the philsophy of Ayn Rand. look it up, it's cool. also, I live (or try to) by the song "Walk Unafraid" by REM. it's awesome.

that's all. I think I went a little too in depth or something. too bad.

later all.

It comes full circle.
Old 07-26-01   #16
beloved misery
Dark fuckup

Location: beyond the grace of God... a wanderer in the outer darkness
beloved misery is on a distinguished road
Credits: 71,337
I have tried Christianity, Satanism, Peagan, Wicca, Voodoo, taoism, daoism, budda, shiva, drugs and love.....they all gave me a false sence of security. I don't believe in an afterlife anymore...this one is more than enough for me, thank you. I am a practicing witch of a blended variety, I believe in energy...what you put in, you get out. Where your energy is directed (with focus) it shall go. Witchcraft is not my religion though, just a way of life. I have the unhealthy habbit of letting my love or the people I love become my religion. And just like the above deities mentioned, it has also failed me. So I smoke and drink and love and hurt....damn, now i am depressed. hehe

To hell with your god... He strung up his own son, imagine what he will do to me.
---Marquis De Sade---
Old 07-26-01   #17
Kosuke
Face in the Mist

Kosuke
Credits: 1,393
hello, i'm also a bit new here.
My beliefs are clearly pagan, and have been so for about three years now. I am polytheistic, and I believe in no hell or satan.
Old 07-26-01   #18
Nelly
Face in the Mist

Nelly
Credits: 480
Well

The magority of my beliefs are based in Mystasism. Everything else is trying to unite all the threads of the people. Like putting together a puzzle. After Babylon everyone was spread out. I believe the Bible is the key. It has the necessary essentials to combine all the elements into one continuous story starting with the creation of man. In the end there are no demons or angels it is all just people trying to explain after their brain were fryed. The fear and consiquent death are what keep running in circles, so we never achieve a state where we can grow past our mortal being.
Old 07-27-01   #19
Shadow_Land13
Face in the Mist

Shadow_Land13
Thanks all, it is nice to see so many people who actually have a good grip on who they are. I guess I should probably answer my own question though So, here goes.

I call myself Pagan, which is in definition the belief in any religon besides Christianity. While I do believe a bit of Christianitys teachings. I don't whorship their god, or his son. I whorship the God and Goddess from the religion of Wicca becasue I believe their should be a co-dominance and leadership between the male and female aspects of life. Which I guess branches me out a bit into the eastern philosiphys. (Bored Yet?) ANYWAY! I basicly take all the good things I find in different religions and combine them together to be what I believe to be the truth. So, I guess it could be seen as a safety blanket created for my own sanity. I won't truely KNOW untill I am dead, and then if I turn out to be wrong I won't KNOW then either because my mind will be dead. So you see, I am a complicated person and will just shut up now. :p

Old 09-04-01   #20
Dae
Dark Light

Dae
Credits: 6,821
What is your religion?

Yeah, I'm sure there's been a post like this before, but I don't care. I would have done a poll but that would leave out too many religions. So...what do you believe?

(I personally am an Atheist)