Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Why

Old 07-20-01   #1
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Credits: 71,449
Why

Many times the question has been asked, "Why do Christians feel the need to push their views so strongly?" The following passage is a pretty good explanation for me personally. I, believing the Bible as God's Holy Word, strive to live by the commands set forth in this particular passage. My aim in this new thread is to help shed some light on why I personally share my beliefs with you. Please bear with me. I know that many of you do not like long posts to read. I just ask that those who are sincerely interested, will understand that I am not wanting to beat you over the head with my beliefs but give you perhaps a clearer picture as to why I post my beliefs. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Samicking

2 Corinthians 4
Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.
We have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways; we refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God.
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
For it is the God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us.
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;
persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
For while we live we are always being given up to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
So death is at work in us, but life in you.
Since we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, "I believed, and so I spoke," we too believe, and so we speak,
knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,
because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
Here indeed we groan, and long to put on our heavenly dwelling,
so that by putting it on we may not be found naked.
For while we are still in this tent, we sigh with anxiety; not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
So we are always of good courage; we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,
for we walk by faith, not by sight.
We are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive good or evil, according to what he has done in the body.
Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men; but what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.
We are not commending ourselves to you again but giving you cause to be proud of us, so that you may be able to answer those who pride themselves on a man's position and not on his heart.
For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
For the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died.
And he died for all, that those who live might live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view; even though we once regarded Christ from a human point of view, we regard him thus no longer.
Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
So we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God

2 Corinthians 6
Working together with him, then, we entreat you not to accept the grace of God in vain.
For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
We put no obstacle in any one's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry,
but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities,
beatings, imprisonments, tumults, labors, watching, hunger;
by purity, knowledge, forbearance, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love,
truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left;
in honor and dishonor, in ill repute and good repute. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true;
as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as punished, and yet not killed;
as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
Our mouth is open to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide.
You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections.
In return--I speak as to children--widen your hearts also.
Do not be mismated with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
What accord has Christ with Be'lial? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Therefore come out from them, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch nothing unclean; then I will welcome you,
and I will be a father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-01   #2
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,084
Corinthians also says that women can't be pastors, and that homosexuality is an unforgivable sin, IIRC. How do you reconcile that?
Old 07-20-01   #3
anyway
Moans in the Night

anyway
Credits: 4,168
i suppose one has to fill one's mind with something.
Old 07-21-01   #4
blueboy
Feared by the Devil

blueboy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 13,723
too bad the filling pushes them to annoying delusions.
Old 07-21-01   #5
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Originally posted by Dark Messiah

Quote:
Corinthians also says that women can't be pastors, and that homosexuality is an unforgivable sin, IIRC. How do you reconcile that?
Hi Dark,

I'm not trying to push any hot buttons here, but could you show me where it says those things?

Also, forgive my ignorance but what is "IIRC"? I'm not sure I know what that is just by seeing it that way.

Originally posted by blueboy

Quote:
too bad the filling pushes them to annoying delusions.
Hi blueboy,
Just wandering what delusions you might be speaking of? Care to elaborate?

Sincerely to you both,
Samichking

Old 07-21-01   #6
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
I am betting it is delusions of grandeur...
though I could be wrong..... blueboy tends to be fairly elaborate most of the time... surprised to see such a small post from him... hehe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-22-01   #7
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 304,890
I reckon I got lost when I left the trailer park and took that left, damn these forums......

Old 07-23-01   #8
hb5000
Face in the Mist

hb5000
Credits: 1,758
I am a Christian but i push my religion on no one my best friends are a pagan and a guy with no religion he believes in God just decides to live his life however
my girlfriend is a Buddhist

I choose not to push my religion on anyone because who can say what religion is right or that more than one isn't right

the only 2 religions i have problems with are Satanism. Why live your life for all the bad things?

and atheist. if there was no God or afterlife why continue this awful painful existence?
*I can't control what's about to happen , to you or anybody else around . These consiquences must take action , the only problem is you run . From this death your future fate fuker , blood shed is your only way out , of this self afflicting curse . You've set the course I'm just the judge.*
Bastard Society

Hell Boy
Old 07-23-01   #9
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Quote:
Originally posted by hb5000
I am a Christian but i push my religion on no one my best friends are a pagan and a guy with no religion he believes in God just decides to live his life however
my girlfriend is a Buddhist

I choose not to push my religion on anyone because who can say what religion is right or that more than one isn't right

the only 2 religions i have problems with are Satanism. Why live your life for all the bad things?

and atheist. if there was no God or afterlife why continue this awful painful existence?
Thank you. In my opinion people like you are the real Christian's. You have enough confidence in what you believe, to not feel so insecure about it that you need to try and sway everyone who comes along into aggreeing with the path you've chosen.
I don't think it is fair for me to say that you are an exemplerary Christian just because you don't do this. (And I'm not saying that either) All religions should stop persecuting and propagandizing others for the reason you pointed out.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 07-23-01   #10
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
aw, who cares about the why and the who right now...

its the when... i can take a little propaganda everyonce in a while... i get a kick outta one of my friends dilligently tryin to bring me out of the darkness...

what i cant stand is the constant jabbering... faithbased charities, 700 club, tammy faye, vegitales... all that non stop yapping...

i mean, i would get sick of (and sometimes i do) constant athiest yammering... just need to mix it up a little... and no more Left Behind movies with that damn Cameron kid...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 07-23-01   #11
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking

Quote:
Hi hb, and welcome.. it is nice to meet you. I am not being arrogant when I ask you this question, but as you say you are a Christian, I was wondering from your statement above what you do with Christ's command in the "Great Commission".

Again, it is nice to meet you.

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-24-01   #12
anyway
Moans in the Night

anyway
i'm the true christian, here.

i live in the example of christ.

i knock over tables, insult priests, get people trashed at weddings, wake the dead, and use spirit to make the sick stand up and shout.

all politics aside, i'm very, very sick of you "christians" using your lord's name to get away with acting like meek, pathetic, undeserving little sheep.

your god was an anarchist.

you think i'm lying?

you think your god wasn't a punk?

i won't debate you, but listen to his tone: i'd say you have a lot to learn about what christianity really means.

i mean, think about it. not what the church says, but what JESUS would say, if he really ever were here.

he'd shit on you.

he would.

you can see it.
Old 07-24-01   #13
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Uh, anyway......

You seem to be about as sharp as a basketball.

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-24-01   #14
anyway
Moans in the Night

anyway
that devastating retort aside, i'm right.
consider it.
jesus was a hellraiser. that's why he was put down by the empire. he threatened the order of the temple, which was a pacifier for the jews.
HE WAS NOT MEEK.

with courtesy, sincerely, and up the ass.

Last edited by anyway; 07-24-01 at 13:05.
Old 07-24-01   #15
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Thanks for being courteous anyway.

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-24-01   #16
hb5000
Face in the Mist

hb5000
Credits: 1,758
Thanks Denalay
I figured i would get flamed big time for my post but much like other religions i am tired of getting put down for the way i believe

For example I went to off-fest and on-stage Cory from slipknot said he hated Christians because how pushy they are and I agree most are but can't all religions just get along hating a religion is just as bad as being a racist or sexist!
*I can't control what's about to happen , to you or anybody else around . These consiquences must take action , the only problem is you run . From this death your future fate fuker , blood shed is your only way out , of this self afflicting curse . You've set the course I'm just the judge.*
Bastard Society

Hell Boy
Old 07-24-01   #17
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking

Quote:
For example I went to off-fest and on-stage Cory from slipknot said he hated Christians because how pushy they are and I agree most are but can't all religions just get along hating a religion is just as bad as being a racist or sexist!

Hi again hb,

Do you see the contradiction you just made? You are asking why all religions can't get along but yet you agree with with someone who HATES Christians? How do you justify this?

Sincerely,
Samichking
Old 07-24-01   #18
druid187
Athropomancer

druid187
Credits: 7,061
why

Very good point Samichking, I was at the concert 2 with HB5000
and i wasn't offended at all. Pagans know all about discrimation of a belief cause we have been put down and the innocent has even been killed for believing otherwise. now if u don't call that pushy and like HB5000 said , most christians that i have been around and know ''including my own family'' are pushy and have a stubborn view to open mindness

P.S hey im raciest and sexiest and im offended
Old 07-25-01   #19
anyway
Moans in the Night

anyway
when an idea is too weak to withstand debate, that's when people get pushy, i.e., use force. and petty insults. and simply choose ignorance of their opposition. and quote everyone who wanted to elevate the founder of their religion in order to elevate themselves. and misinterpret. and whatever else is about to happen here.
Old 07-25-01   #20
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
I don't know what is about to happen here. What do you mean?

Sincerely,
Samichking