Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Plants... they scream

Old 06-16-01   #21
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,619
Really. Does it, now? I'd say you have either a narrow or one-dimensional viewpoint of the human race. At any rate, you're trying to answer my points with vagualities and generalities. It's quite annoying. So you are saying that eating plants is barbaric, then?
Old 06-16-01   #22
The Owl
Lurks in the Shadows

The Owl
Credits: 668
Quote:
Originally posted by Crystalis
I was pointing out the fact that plants do indeed make noise,
But this wasn't the only point in your initial post. What of the following little gem?

Quote:
.. plants and how they are much more sentient then we even realize.
Which I thought should have been linked to the following theory:

Quote:
perhaps plants have gained a different type of nervous system which we don't even know about.
A nervous system without nerves?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-01   #23
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,463
Plants is plants and good they is.... for eating that is.... as to proving our barbaric ways by the consummation of said plants Ithink there are many other things that we do that are far more barbaric.... you are just being anal... as for killing for fun there are other animals in our little world that kill for fun... research it... it is done... to say it is not shows that you are quite ignorant of the many species upon our world... I for one have witnessed a cute little cat play with a gopher for hours... flipping it up in the air and letting it drop to the ground before pouncing upon it once again...
and what did that cat do afterwards... leave the dead corpse on my porch uneaten... is that killing for fun?? or are you gonna say something inept about that?? It certainly seemed as if the cat was having the time of its life...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-16-01   #24
ChemicalBurns
Dark Nothing

Location: I would say hell but that would be over rating it.....so i am in the middle of a town eaten by corn fields.
ChemicalBurns
Credits: 4,389
Quote:
I for one have witnessed a cute little cat play with a gopher for hours... flipping it up in the air and letting it drop to the ground before pouncing upon it once again...
Quote:
and what did that cat do afterwards... leave the dead corpse on my porch uneaten... is that killing for fun?? or are you gonna say something inept about that?? It certainly seemed as if the cat was having the time of its life
awww Dyshade the cat gave you a present.....how sweet....my cats love to kill things and leave them either in my room or on the doorstep....it's like gifts for you.....aren't they sweet....i love cats....ok ummm i am off topic....cya.....and summon some mellons....
Sybil Leek
I am in the magic spider club...whoo hoo...

they are in my head my dear and they won't stop and you, you my love just won't go away.
Old 06-17-01   #25
Spikess
Spikes Personal Stalker

Spikess is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,982
Ive had my cats for almost a year now, and they havent killed one thing......either that or they are very smart as to where they hide the bodys.
infact one of my cats (hecate) has befriended my cockatiel she wont even harm a fly! whereas ditis will go for anything that walks past her, usually my dog!
but yeah usually cats do like to play with smaller animals just for the hell of it, my last cat was terrible for that, untill it got old and wasnt able to chase them anymore.

erm ok im going now

Old 06-17-01   #26
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Minks also kill for sport. And there are lots of animals that kills other animals and their own kind for many reasons other than food or even defense, we just don't notice often because it's not common. But it's not really common for humans either. I've never met anyone who's murdered or known anyone personally that was murdered.
Old 06-17-01   #27
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Yep cats though was the only example of how animals just like us can kill for sport,,,... And kitties do it best heh.. Yeah I have to always take the little dead whatever inside and give it a proper burial down the tiolet ehhe... elsewise it starts pilin' up .... hehe
Cats are so cute hehe

S.O.D.

Old 06-17-01   #28
ChemicalBurns
Dark Nothing

Location: I would say hell but that would be over rating it.....so i am in the middle of a town eaten by corn fields.
ChemicalBurns
Credits: 4,389
heheh proper huh....wait till someone tries to flush you....that will be a mess............errrrrr......stinkey too.....hehe ok bye
Sybil Leek
I am in the magic spider club...whoo hoo...

they are in my head my dear and they won't stop and you, you my love just won't go away.
Old 06-17-01   #29
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
hehe
Cats are so cute hehe
**blushes** aww, shucks.
Old 06-18-01   #30
Crystalis
Moans in the Night

Crystalis
Credits: 2,252
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Messiah
At any rate, you're trying to answer my points with vagualities and generalities. It's quite annoying. So you are saying that eating plants is barbaric, then?
If you need someone to lead you around constantly, telling you things which of course are not "generalities" then you will slowly end up believing what they believe, and not what you believe.

Eating plants is as barbaric as everything else we do.
Old 06-18-01   #31
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Saying that eating plants is barbaric is akin to saying killing a fly invading your home is barbaric... laughable and entirely amusing..
Worry about something with more importance such as the rapists or murderers that are still uncaught... plants... we will always eat them.. maybe one day we will stop consuming meat.. yet that day is far away... eating plants is not barbaric in any way.. Are you communing with your broccoli or something??? You should probably stop that and just eat the damn thing..

S.O.D.

Old 06-18-01   #32
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Quote:

If you need someone to lead you around constantly, telling you things which of course are not "generalities" then you will slowly end up believing what they believe, and not what you believe.

Perhaps that's true, but it's inapplicable in either case. I don't need someone to lead me around cosntantly. What I need is something specific if you want to continue this conversation. If all you can do is make unbacked, vaguely-ominous statements with little to no meaning in them, it's impossible to have intelligent discourse. And that's not conforming in anyway, except perhaps to the laws of physics.

Quote:
Eating plants is as barbaric as everything else we do.
Not true at all. Rape, murder, terrestrial destruction and genocide are far worse. Deer eat plants. I don't consider deer barbaric. In fact, I doubt I even view the term "Barbarian" the same way you do. It means a non-Roman. Which, from where I'm standing, is pretty much the height of being civilized. So I'd be happy to be barbaric.
Old 06-19-01   #33
Alliance Of Concerned Men
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Credits: 36,396
Quote:
It means a non-Roman. Which, from where I'm standing, is pretty much the height of being civilized. So I'd be happy to be barbaric.
To waiver from the subject a minute, you never did explain why you dislike the entirety of roman civilization to me. That's made me curious since you brought it up that time we met. Mayhaps you could explain it to me sometime over coffee or something... not sure when since i work full time now and i'm booked pretty solid for the next week or so, but maybe someday.

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

Old 06-19-01   #34
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

I could explain it in a paragraph or two, but coffee sounds good. Where at?
Old 06-19-01   #35
Jimmy Eat Noobz

there's a few choices i can think of... denny's (blech), IHOP, Amphora's (good, a bit out of the way), and a neato place Revolution which is the fuck out in reston, but their chai makes it almost worth the trip...

I need to find out my work schedule for next week before i can plan anything tho...

speaking of which, i must sleep now. Discussions will continue... eh, whenever i wake up i suppose...

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

Old 06-19-01   #36
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Jesus Chist, haven't you ever heard of a Starbucks? Is Reston really necessary?
Old 06-19-01   #37
posthuman
Dark Christ

posthuman
Credits: 8,957
damn.....

damn....just eat the damn things, worry about if its considered alive after you die and go to hell for eating them all.....

"He was wearing his yellow tie, i did'nt even wear a tie to work anymore..."

Old 06-19-01   #38
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Quote:
Jesus Chist, haven't you ever heard of a Starbucks? Is Reston really necessary?
Well yeah, there's one of those, if you wanna be BORING about it...

Old 06-19-01   #39
Crystalis
Moans in the Night

Crystalis
Credits: 2,252
Quote:

it's impossible to have intelligent discourse. [/b]
And who decides what intelligent discourse truly is?

Quote:

Not true at all. Rape, murder, terrestrial destruction and genocide are far worse. Deer eat plants. I don't consider deer barbaric. In fact, I doubt I even view the term "Barbarian" the same way you do. It means a non-Roman. Which, from where I'm standing, is pretty much the height of being civilized. So I'd be happy to be barbaric.
Thank you for telling me the origination of Barbarian... but think for a moment about what I said and then try posting again when you realize what I was hinting at.
Old 06-19-01   #40
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Crystallis: So you're a moron is what you're saying. All you've done is made vague, unbacked statements that you "defend" by trying to pretend that they're somehow over my head. The truth is you have no argument. Why don't you not talk if you don't have a point, next time?

Alliance: Maybe I do want to be boring. Boring is good.