Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page A Questioning of Beliefs

Old 06-28-01   #1
The Disposable Poet
NOT a genius

Location: In my own prison that is my mind,This is the place where I reside,... as for state, it's an odd state of mind,...
The Disposable Poet
Credits: 9,348
A Questioning of Beliefs

Hey everyone,... i was sitting here wondering what you all do believe in,... everyone has an opinion, i know i for sure as hell do,... and everyone is entitled to that opinion, but besides saying you believe in christianity, judaism, budism, islam, satanism, druidry, paganism, wiccanism, athism etc. What do all of you believe in?? don't get me wrong,... i'm not going to put you down for what you beleive in i'm just wondering what is it you all believe in,... i feel influenced by a great philosopher who was put to death for questioning other's beliefs, Socrates, and i was questioning my own beliefs when i thought that maybe i should ask you all,... well, it's your turn to speak and my turn to listen,... what's you input??,...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-01   #2
ShadowGurl

My beliefs are that everyone is his or her own god or goddess. I also believe we are the masters of our on destineys and that things like sins or saintlyhood only destroy all joys of humanity.
Old 06-28-01   #3
The Disposable Poet
NOT a genius

Location: In my own prison that is my mind,This is the place where I reside,... as for state, it's an odd state of mind,...
The Disposable Poet
Credits: 9,348
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowGurl
"I also believe we are the masters of our on destineys and that things like sins or saintlyhood only destroy all joys of humanity."
Indeed shadowgurl,... indeed,... i'm not sure where i stand on the fate/destiny point,... i'm still trying to figure that out myself,... but i do but as far as "sins and saitlyhood" go i couldn't possibly agree anymore,...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
Old 07-05-01   #4
asilentrevolt
Lurks in the Shadows

asilentrevolt
Credits: 6,388
Heh, The short version:

I belive there is one force of creation, and peace (what we call god). This force is so great that no human could ever grasp it, so in order to be closer to its creation this force splits into two beings, a male and female (the god and the goddess), and in turn each being has a million faces (including science) to help people identify with, and have a personal relationship with "God" (thus all the different religions.) If there is a Satan or "force of darkness" it was created by God for whatever reason saw fit. I think Faith in whatever face you choose is more impoartaint than Which one you choose. I think there is nothing worse than half heartedly beliving in what you claim to practice, or preach. I belive that we are reincarnted in order to learn lessons about existence, self, and divinity, and eventually when we have "graduated" we move out of the cycle. In essence we are all "God" without relizing it, because I belive that since we were created by the creative force, and there is nothing else but the created force we must be. All and all I belive that there is only one thing that matters in the end, the truth shared between the creative force (god), and ourself. Part of that is helping other people, showing kindness, having faith in something, being true to ourselves (and therefore god), and all around listening to our hearts (careful sometimes ego speaks a little louder.) Sharing your belifes with people who COME to you, may give them more insight, and even bring them to peace or god, but I think you should allow people the oppertunity to come to conclusions themselves. Again, this is just my take on things, and a shortened version at that. Thanks.
"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recess of their minds awake to find all was just Vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make them happen. " -Skylash

Old 07-06-01   #5
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

I`m a Chaosist.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 07-06-01   #6
Detrimony
Face in the Mist

Detrimony
Credits: 1,748
To quote Neitzsche: "I can be certain of nothing.".