Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Amazing Invincible Confusing Space Vampires

Old 05-18-01   #1
Alliance Of Concerned Men
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Credits: 36,396
Being someone who is not knowledgeable about vampire culture and the various specifications on what is and what isn't vampiric (read as: someone with highschool education), i find myself a bit confused about a few things concerning the nature of vampires...

1. "Crosses Don't Work"

When did this one start? Why is it that vampires, who were originally deemed evil BECAUSE they seek eternal life outside of Christ, condemned to their monstrous form for their blasphemy are suddenly unaffected by the holy power that once disintegrated them? Granted there seems to be a widespread dismissal of christian influence in american culture, and maybe that's not such a bad thing, but when i whip out a crucifix on a vampire, i expect it to kill the faggot.

2. "Psychic Energy Vampires"

The next little shit who talks to me about Psychic Energy Vampires is going to get industrial stomped into the fuckin pavement. I think the term psychic energy vampire was created by pansy little mallcrawlers who are too pussy to have their skin cut and/or drink blood, so they yammer incessantly about stealing psychic energy. Sorry kid, you can try and impress me with as much vampiric lore you stole from dime-novels in the school library, recited meticulously with a feigned eurotrash dialect all you like, but until i see you tear your girlfriend's jugular with your teeth and lap up the crimson deluge from within, you're just another fag in cheap vinyl. And if you stare at me funny saying you're stealing my psychic energy, i'll Make A Difference in your face with my boot. Psychic Energy Vampire... please, there ARE people i know who dress like frilly faggot vampires, give themselves pretentious titles, emulate those around them and suck the life out of you, but that's not a vampire, that's a scenester.

3. If Vampires are so smart then why do they live in igloos?

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-01   #2
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
re. 1

Crosses? Well... they do work... kind of
A cross itself is quite worthless...

The person who wields the cross is the person who fuels it with the faith/energy required to "toast" the vampire.

re. 2... Psychic Energy Vamps... well really they could exist.. but they wouldn't be specifically vampires, they'd be considered parasites (which vamps are)... psychic energy "vamps" are actually beings that can just drain the power that surrounds us (aura) slightly... thus giving them some more power, and weakening us.

Can't help you with the third one.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 05-19-01   #3
LordofSLaughter
Chosen by the Slain

Location: chelmsford, taxachusetts (next to lowell). if u live nearby mssg me
LordofSLaughter
Credits: 5,083
1. maybe its because they developed an immunity to crosses. like bacteria that evolves to make new treatments useless

2. I think psychic energy is crap. The "drainer" of it would have more "psychic power" and all that would do is make them more pyschic and possibly help get a job working using their ability to solve crimes for the police

3. I thought they lived in coffins
i'd kill myself for you. i'd kill you for myself -pantera
Old 05-19-01   #4
Sire
Darkness Incarnate

Sire is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,618
Quote:
Originally posted by LordofSLaughter
1. maybe its because they developed an immunity to crosses. like bacteria that evolves to make new treatments useless

2. I think psychic energy is crap. The "drainer" of it would have more "psychic power" and all that would do is make them more pyschic and possibly help get a job working using their ability to solve crimes for the police

3. I thought they lived in coffins
1. I'd go with JP's definition of why the cross may or may not work. Given AOCM's statement of widespread dismissal of christian influence, it makes sense why the cross would not work as widespread as it may have.

2. Psychic energy is not crap. However, lets go back to item #1. I think they are related in some way. The two parties involved, vampire and victim must believe or have faith in the ability of the vampire to drain lifeforce or energy from the victim. Maybe people originally started describing the effect as a form of psychic vampirism. You can fully appreciate this effect if you get married or have a girlfriend that tends to bitch a lot. Then tell me if you don't feel drained after that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|

Old 05-19-01   #5
meangel_13
Product of Society

meangel_13
Credits: 6,475
Many beliefs on vampires have been created over years by ppl who fear the unknown to try an explain stuff they know nothing about.

Crosses working against vampires is mostlikly to be something someone made up to make them feel protected against something they don't know how to stop.

Psychic vampires is a possiblity... many ppl claim they can take someone's energy, these ppl r not really vampires but like-vampires in a distant way. It all depends on what individuals want to believe. It's like saying someone can stop someones pain by touching them... it depends on what u want to believe, is it true or is it made up. Personaly i think it happens...

U can read or watch anything u want but everything is different.
I have many books on vampires and creatures like them and everything is different u have to chose something u want to believe or know. But now a days that is getting harder and harder with everyone 'claiming' they know everything... like i said many stories have been created of yrs. to make ppl seem safer or make them feel they r incharge of a situation because they can't explain what going on.
Old 05-19-01   #6
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,809
Out of curiosity, where did the crosses affecting vampires thing start? Though the whole "vampires are affected by holy things" is a pretty common thread throughout these myths...

Chinese vampires are supposed to be unable to walk past a crossroads. Eastern European vampires can't cross running water. Certain African vampires have to move in straight horizontal or vertical lines. Maybe there's something there.

Or maybe they live in igloos because the faeries and aliens stole all the good housing.
Old 05-19-01   #7
LordofSLaughter
Chosen by the Slain

Location: chelmsford, taxachusetts (next to lowell). if u live nearby mssg me
LordofSLaughter
Credits: 5,083
yea, i can relate to that. constant bitching does affect ones morale. Even if they drained your psychic energy though, wouldn't it re-generate?
i'd kill myself for you. i'd kill you for myself -pantera
Old 05-21-01   #8
Shadow_Born
Lurks in the Shadows

Shadow_Born
Credits: 2,193
I wonder if crosses work against only the vampires who let it (not consciously of course, but through belief, if not adherence, to the religion).
Old 05-21-01   #9
Bambi
Moans in the Night

Bambi
Credits: 810
AOCM, you are one fucking funny guy!!!!! your rant had me in stitches.

'.........but when i whip out a crucifix on a vampire, i expect it to kill the faggot.'

!!!!!!!!TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!! you rule.
Old 05-21-01   #10
Jimmy Eat Noobz

Credits: 36,396
"why thank you i'm fatter... er, flattered."

"Here in the Alliance, We're man enough to say, 'we're not afraid to show concern.'"

Old 05-21-01   #11
John Preston
Listen

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_Born
I wonder if crosses work against only the vampires who let it (not consciously of course, but through belief, if not adherence, to the religion).
If I shoot you, and you don't believe that the bullet will hurt you... will you be hurt or not?

The fact of the matter is that when someone is using the cross correctly against the vampire, it is causing a "holy" link between that cross and the deity that the person worships. There are some rumors that anything relating specifically to the religion that someone participates in will cause the same thing... and I am forced to believe that.

I've already explained in another thread about WHY the crosses came into the myths/legends... so don't ask about that.. *fwhaps you all*

If you believe in your religion, then the cross/item will flare into life, slamming the vampire with holy power/flame, and causing immense "pain" to the undead being. It doesn't matter if the thing doesn't believe, since they aren't what causes it to exist or not. If you get a vampire that is holy, then the cross might not work... but to get that then you'd have to do something like turn the Pope.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 06-06-01   #12
Acacia Catt
Lurks in the Shadows

Acacia Catt
Credits: 4,105
1. I think the whole cross idea sprung from the"fantastical writings of a deranged Irishman" If vampires exist I personaly think that the 'cross will protect you' is bullshit.

2. Maybe psychic vampires could exist on the astral plane, but in the phsyical realm? Give me a break!

3. Igloos, huh?

Look at the Avatar Jobe made me!
Old 06-07-01   #13
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

It might not even be the holy aspect of a cross that affect a vampire. In Oriental mythology vampires couldn't visit crossroads. In Eastern Europe, people who were buried at crossroads might rise again as vampires. In ancient Greece Hecate, goddess of night and black magic, was also the protector of crossroads. Meanwhile, in Southern Africa vampires could only move in cardinal points- meaning they could only move vertically or horizontally, not diagonally.

Last edited by Dark Messiah; 06-07-01 at 21:11.
Old 06-07-01   #14
John Preston
Listen

You seem to know a lot about the oriental vamps dm... why is that?
Old 06-07-01   #15
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Because I'm spiffy that way.
Old 06-18-01   #16
The Owl
Lurks in the Shadows

The Owl
Credits: 668
1. "Crosses Don't Work"

Let's consider televsion.

Show 1, in which crosses can kill vampires: 96 year old Father O'Brien, risking a broken hip by removing a shaking hand from his walking frame holds forth a cross, vampire dies.

Show 2, in which crosses cannot kill vampires: Wearing tight pants Buffy destroys vampire with kicks and punches in a sexy display of athleticism.

2. "Psychic Energy Vampires"

Because of AIDs people who suck needed to come up with a new medium at which they could suck.

3. If Vampires are so smart then why do they live in igloos?

This will take the place of a logic puzzle of sorts. Complete the last line.

Santa Claus lives in a cold place.
Santa Claus isn't real.
Vampires live in igloos (which are cold).
Vampires are not ....?
Old 06-19-01   #17
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

**lips tremble, tears growing in eyes**

You mean...eskimoes...aren't real?

**runs off crying**
Old 06-27-01   #18
DarkCwbyWeird
Moans in the Night

DarkCwbyWeird
Credits: 1,935
Oh they're real alright.. and quite tasty too. Long live eskimo pies!
Old 07-02-01   #19
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Viva la pie!