Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page cutcutcut

Old 04-27-03   #21
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
oh yeah i am not a christian by the way. i am a methodist. i hope that i have spelled that right.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-03   #22
Lunatic
06/07/04 -- Hails Eternal

Lunatic
Credits: 22,700
I was not implying that you were Christian, or that you're demanding of people to believe in what it is that you believe.

No problems.
In the sky stilled my flame.

For the ones who stood me near,
And you few who were me dear,
I ask of thee to have no doubts and no fears.

For when the great clouds fill the air,
And the thunder roars from O, so far away up in the sky,
Then for sure you will know that I have reached the joyous halls up high.
Old 04-27-03   #23
spacemankgh
Lurks in the Shadows

spacemankgh
Credits: 5,871
Quote:
Originally posted by Lunatic

Whoa, d00d! Did you know humans evolved from apes, as well!!! Everything Science tells us is soooo true.
So all of these qualified scientists and doctors are wrong, and your uneducated opinion is right? Maybe you should have posted this thread in the conspiracy forum.

Quote:

Why did some random neuro-chem just suddenly stop producing? How do they know this causes depression? Why doesn't the body just start producing the chemical as it did, if it produced it before? Oh yeah, right. "Logic" doesn't count when we're talking about depression. Every thing that websites lists as "causes of Depression" is just random, shitty happenings. The thing is that some people just choose not to deal with it, get hung up on it, and cry about it until they blow their fucking brains out for being so pathetic.
You're not a qualified scientist or doctor, neither am I, so I can't list the technicalities of why it starts or stops or why it does what it does. You could say the same thing about cancer, or heart disease, or brain tumors, or 10,000 other illnesses. You shouldn't be claiming that depression doesn't exist unless you're a qualified scientist and have made all the necessary research. Just because you don't understand it, or how it works, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I understand that you're sick of everyone whining about stupid shit on the forums, and it pisses you off because they don't have any kind of real problems. But all I hear from you are illogical uneducated opinions made in anger, homophobia, religious intolerance and immature insults. Please try to understand that there are things in this world that you just don't understand, and depression may be one of them. I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, since it's obvious that you just like to cause trouble and you're not willing to actually discuss the topic of clinical depression maturely.

Yeah I realise this is the bitch forum and you're meant to bitch about whatever you want, but there's a difference between bitching about a topic, making an illogical or uninformed statement, and making personal attacks to create the illusion that your argument is stronger.

Quote:

Way to repeat what's already been said. Gun in my mouth? Try again, alternateen. Don't be mad because I called you a tool in the Music forum, nobody likes a chiming faggot. Go listen to some more CoF. Because you're a rebel Satanist.

Man, I totally haven't heard that before. You totally got me there.

Actually, if someone took some initiative, and everyone stopped telling these people that "IT'S OKAY TO BE A FUCKING CRYBABY", then they would change.

And actually, I do hear people whine everyday. As if real life contact wasn't enough, you cannot go to a single thread in DF without hearing a pathetic story meant to invoke pity and reassurance. Nothing more need be said about that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No fate. Only the power of will.

Last edited by spacemankgh; 04-27-03 at 11:12.
Old 04-27-03   #24
Lunatic
06/07/04 -- Hails Eternal

Lunatic
Credits: 22,700
Quote:
So all of these qualified scientists and doctors are wrong, and your uneducated opinion is right? Maybe you should have posted this thread in the conspiracy forum.
So if you have dissent from extremely vague Scientific theory, you're instantly dealing with a conspiracy? You'll see what I mean, one day, when "educated minds" start spouting off bullshit about things not even they themselves know, and you think differently.

Quote:
You're not a qualified scientist or doctor, neither am I, so I can't list the technicalities of why it starts or stops or why it does what it does. You could say the same thing about cancer, or heart disease, or brain tumors, or 10,000 other illnesses. You shouldn't be claiming that depression doesn't exist unless you're a qualified scientist and have made all the necessary research. Just because you don't understand it, or how it works, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Depression never killed anyone. If someone died "due to depression", it was because of their own weakness as a person. I understand it, I understand that it is bullshit.

Quote:
I understand that you're sick of everyone whining about stupid shit on the forums, and it pisses you off because they don't have any kind of real problems. But all I hear from you are illogical uneducated opinions made in anger, homophobia, religious intolerance and immature insults. Please try to understand that there are things in this world that you just don't understand, and depression may be one of them. I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, since it's obvious that you just like to cause trouble and you're not willing to actually discuss the topic of clinical depression maturely.
I am angry, yes, and exremely feministic homos really get on my nerves. But religious intolerance? If I were intolerant, then I wouldn't have half the friends I do now. Stating a fact is not being intolerant; I am fucking serious, I'd like to hear anyone say they've gotten respect from a Christian for their non-Christian beliefs, with absolute sincerity. I'm not going to discuss depression "maturely" or "calmly" because it's total bullshit. I won't give it any further thought than that.

Quote:
Yeah I realise this is the bitch forum and you're meant to bitch about whatever you want, but there's a difference between bitching about a topic, making an illogical or uninformed statement, and making personal attacks to create the illusion that your argument is stronger.
I make personal attacks because I can. We've already confirmed that I am an angry person. My opinion is as educated as it need be.
In the sky stilled my flame.

For the ones who stood me near,
And you few who were me dear,
I ask of thee to have no doubts and no fears.

For when the great clouds fill the air,
And the thunder roars from O, so far away up in the sky,
Then for sure you will know that I have reached the joyous halls up high.
Old 04-27-03   #25
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
Quote:
I was not implying that you were Christian, or that you're demanding of people to believe in what it is that you believe.

No problems.
oh sorry if i had miss understood you on that. its all cool.
Old 04-27-03   #26
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Hmmm.... I think depression exists, but depression and whining are two entirely different things. I have depression, and take meds and go to therapy and all that, but it's not like I talk about it. The fuckers who use their mopeyness to get attention from others are the ones that need to have their genitals tossed into a blender.
Old 04-27-03   #27
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,432
i think True medical and clinical depression exists as well, but of the people who claim to have it in the US im guessing 99.98% of them are fucking liars and crybaby motherfuckers who distract the doctors from the people who REALLY need the help.... the only problem though is that THIS idea is how the depression craze started... it was a minority of people like .0001% of the population who complained of it in a clinical sense and then with the rampant refusal to take responsibility in our lives as people it caught uon and everyone was a part of that .0001% which swelled to 50 ot 70% of the population thats "diagnosed" with some ficticious mental ailment. FUCK them... i think its time to start denying the existence of Depression just so we can revers ethe fucking numbers to normal!
Old 04-27-03   #28
spacemankgh
Lurks in the Shadows

spacemankgh
Quote:
So if you have dissent from extremely vague Scientific theory, you're instantly dealing with a conspiracy? You'll see what I mean, one day, when "educated minds" start spouting off bullshit about things not even they themselves know, and you think differently.
It's clear enough for the large majority of doctors and scientists to consider a medical fact. They don't just declare crackpot theories to be true, they do research and experiments and come to the best, most logical conclusion.

Quote:

Depression never killed anyone. If someone died "due to depression", it was because of their own weakness as a person. I understand it, I understand that it is bullshit.
No, you don't understand it. You have no scientific knowlege of it, and you've never had it. I guess there's no way for us to discuss this further, because it would just be like "You don't understand it!", "yes I DO!", "No you DON'T!" etc.

Quote:

I am angry, yes, and exremely feministic homos really get on my nerves. But religious intolerance? If I were intolerant, then I wouldn't have half the friends I do now. Stating a fact is not being intolerant; I am fucking serious, I'd like to hear anyone say they've gotten respect from a Christian for their non-Christian beliefs, with absolute sincerity. I'm not going to discuss depression "maturely" or "calmly" because it's total bullshit. I won't give it any further thought than that.
Well you didn't use any insults in this reply, which is a good thing, lol.

I know of several Christians who respect other peoples religious points of view. The ones that believe that all religions believe in the same higher power and just have a different name for it are the ones that aren't as intolerant.

Quote:

I make personal attacks because I can. We've already confirmed that I am an angry person. My opinion is as educated as it need be.

Old 04-28-03   #29
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Actually many doctors are hasty to proclaim thier patients have SOMETHING...ANYTHING..to keep them comming back, lets face it, if everyone followed the "IM FINE," or "an apple a day" routine the hospitals would go out of business. and the psychiatrich profession would go to shit. Its all about making money and business... they say you have this and not only do they make money on your misery and preying on your weak mind so are thier pals who sell them the drugs theyre perscribing you. Its all a sick vicious joke.
Old 04-28-03   #30
spacemankgh
Lurks in the Shadows

spacemankgh
That doesn't mean the condition doesn't exist. Which is all I was arguing against. You did agree earlier that you thought it did exist.

Yeah sure I agree that most people who say "I'm depressed" don't mean 'clinically depressed' and probably don't even know anything about what clinical depression is. And a lot of people who claim to have or are supposedly diagnosed with with clinical depression may not actually have the condition either.

Old 04-28-03   #31
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by spacemankgh
That doesn't mean the condition doesn't exist. Which is all I was arguing against. You did agree earlier that you thought it did exist.

Yeah sure I agree that most people who say "I'm depressed" don't mean 'clinically depressed' and probably don't even know anything about what clinical depression is. And a lot of people who claim to have or are supposedly diagnosed with with clinical depression may not actually have the condition either.
not just some 99.98% of the bastards...i think just pretending it doesnt exist literally is the bet way to go to make the crybaby fuckheads grow up.
Old 04-28-03   #32
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Magic Ninjet will become famous soon enough
Credits: 141,093
I do agree to some extent with this thread. For a lot of people depression is merely in your head. I am willing to bet that 95% of the people in here would just get stop fucking crying and go out and fix whatever the fuck is bothering them, they’d be fine. It’s laziness. They are too lazy to get a job they like, too lazy to go to the gym or diet to loose weight, too lazy to spruce up they’re dirty house or bedroom, too lazy to do their homework and study so that you can get better grades and go to college, too lazy to try to make new friends, ect. Stop fucking crying and get off your ass and do what is going to make you happy. Stop making excuses and just go fucking do it! We’ve all been guilty of the occasional whining. Maybe not on DF, but maybe to our Mom’s or to our friends. We all have bad shit happen to us and we all make dumb decisions that fuck us up. (Lord knows I have.) The difference between the “happy people” and the majority of the “depressed” is the drive to get up and do something about it.
However, having said that, there ARE people who honestly have a chemical imbalance or a mental disorder that causes REAL depression. There are all sorts of different kinds, but they are real medical ailments, and in some cases can be as serious as illnesses like cancer, that require medication and therapy for years or possibly forever. http://health.yahoo.com/health/cente...ion/index.html

Old 04-28-03   #33
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
most people who think they are depressed just have the blues.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 04-28-03   #34
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

...... Kraft Macironi and Cheese.... The "Blue Box" Blues.....

Old 04-28-03   #35
patryn
fuck off

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic Ninjet
...... Kraft Macironi and Cheese.... The "Blue Box" Blues.....

Old 04-28-03   #36
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

I've got the Blues..... Do you not watch T.V., damnit?

Old 04-28-03   #37
patryn
fuck off

Quote:
I've got the Blues..... Do you not watch T.V., damnit?
yeah, i just had no comment to butter.

Old 04-28-03   #38
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

You could have just sang the freaking song with me.

Old 04-28-03   #39
patryn
fuck off

Quote:
You could have just sang the freaking song with me.
and look like a dork too? hell na.

Old 04-28-03   #40
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Have we learned nothing today? Embrace our differences, Jeremy. For that which makes us different, in fact makes us one in the same.