Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Stem Cell Research
View Poll Results: What is your opinion?
YES! finally some hope humanity and its black cloud of disease 8 72.73%
I'm indifferent 1 9.09%
Eh, I don't think its proper, but its probably a good idea 2 18.18%
NO! Its blasphemy and you will burn in hell, god wants those with diseases and misfortunes to have them. He gave'em out 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-01   #1
X The Fallen X
Crusader of Hopelessness

X The Fallen X
Credits: 20,980
Stem Cell Research

So i'm sure most of you have heard that they have found a way to clone a human embrio, which would make the stem cell reasearch easier, since they'd no longer have to wait for a donor embrio. They can now create their own and use DNA from that. I personally believe this is a great thing. Because now with this going on, eventually we will be able to grow human organs and even human limps, so in theory we will one day be able to to repair the human body like a automobile. They believe that this will bring the cures for horrid diseases such as AIDS, CANCER ect.

But then there are those who believe that this blasphemy. "Playing god" and that one should not create life to destroy it. Well I personally don't see it that way. They are creating a embrio and taking DNA to save lives and to end the misery of millions, but thats just my opinion on the matter and not Rev. Fawell. Who I believe is affraid that his almighty and powerfull "god" is not all that almighty afterall. A man doing "God's Work" makes "God's Work" seem not so mysterious after all

What do you think?
Our culture aquires a love design. Left naked with nothing but ourselves and contempt for what we are not supposed to be, not supposed to feel, not supposed to see. I will embrace you... We are all beautiful

Last edited by X The Fallen X; 11-29-01 at 15:18.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-01   #2
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
Re: Stem Cell Research

Quote:
Originally posted by X The Fallen X
They believe that this will bring the cures for horrid diseases such as AIDS, CANCER ect.
yupp, that's what i've said all along. i think cloning could be very beneficial to the entire human race.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-01   #3
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,754
=)

I just want a stunt double, that's all....
Old 11-29-01   #4
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
*yells*

stunt cock!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-01   #5
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,754
Quote:
Originally posted by ArSiNiK
*yells*

stunt cock!

In your case, only the original will do!
Old 11-29-01   #6
Minion_of_Hell
Horny Demon

Minion_of_Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 19,759
"Stunt Cock"

"I don't wanna sound queer or anything, but I think I'd like to have sex with you"

Fucking Orgazmo rules!!

Now onto the real subject. I have no problem with cloning and genetic research. I'd like to know that there could be a heart out there for me if I needed and could afford one.

MINION OF HELL

Old 11-29-01   #7
X The Fallen X
Crusader of Hopelessness

X The Fallen X
I'd like to have a clone of myself.... Someone that could take all the rap for me.

Rob a bank... let the clone get caught.
Kill someone... The clones goes to the pokey

But honestly this thing isn't going that far... they are not allowing a child to be developed... The growth is terminated just after fertalization.

Speaking of that... Its now shown that all they need to fertalize an egg is some human DNA. Man or WOMAN. So technically, man has become obsolete. So the possibility of a Amazon Lezbian society is not all that absurd. Males could very well be the next slaves... heh. Spooky
Our culture aquires a love design. Left naked with nothing but ourselves and contempt for what we are not supposed to be, not supposed to feel, not supposed to see. I will embrace you... We are all beautiful
Old 12-02-01   #8
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
*bleh* it gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about human cloning. sure it's happened [no doubt in my mind, like all the scientists would actually follow the rules] and it scares me to think of all the "mistakes" or failed attempts. where are they now? hopefully terminated as awful as that sounds. better that than keeped in a lab to have tests run upon.

creating life in a lab? not so long ago we were repulsed by the idea and the result was considered a monster even. the name frankenstein ring a bell? and now it's coming into the public's attention.

making an embryo for the explicit purpose of using part of it and then exterminating it is so much worse than abortion in my eyes. sure it there may be the day that we will make organs etc from this research, but at what cost? do we really need to be immortal? death is inevitable, but who am i to judge.

i suppose this is one of these things that will never go away. even if we banned it for the next 100 years, when the time was up it would come out again, and there would always be those who would attempt it in secret.

clones might seem a novel idea, glamorous even, but at what cost? a human life isn't just a toy. imagine being able to go to the clone shop in the future so you can get a copy of yourself. or maybe everyone is to have a clone, kept in a jar or incubator to grow to later use for spare parts should anything go wrong. sounds like a start of a horror movie to me.
Old 12-12-01   #9
X The Fallen X
Crusader of Hopelessness

X The Fallen X
This is by far the best thing since sliced bread. The way I see it is that a frozen egg, stopped at the moment of fertalization is no more murder or wrong then masturbation.... Just think of all those poor innocent human sperm meeting their demise in the bathroom. heh
Old 12-13-01   #10
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
The way I see it is that a frozen egg, stopped at the moment of fertalization is no more murder or wrong then masturbation.... Just think of all those poor innocent human sperm meeting their demise in the bathroom.

um huh? i'm sure there is humour in there so i wont touch the second part, but i'm guessing, supposing that the first part isn't?

ok, so we clone embryos and then freeze them. i don't really have qualms with that, we're doing that already with invitrofertalisation. well not the cloning bit, but the fertilised egg part sure. this isn't really the point here is it? and if it were, what's the point in freezing a fertilised egg? it's what is done with it that is important. whether it's allowing it to live and be experimented upon, or to be killed.

damn i wanna comment on the second bit but...bah
Old 12-13-01   #11
DeeeeShevil
Real Deshy

DeeeeShevil is on a distinguished road
Credits: 67,924
i'm indifferent

all though that egg isn't fertilized or has developed into a baby i still think it contains life in it although it may not be considered to be alive because it can't feel pain or pleasure. i can't believe some people consider things alive by that whole pain and pleasure idea.