Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page Military Clinic's Service

Old 09-22-05   #1
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Demon's Eclipse will become famous soon enough
Credits: 125,111
Military Clinic's Service

I have strep throat so I can't talk. No seriously. I can't even eat anything, I've been so sick. 4 days now I haven't been able to swallow anything down besides Dayquil and gatorade. I've had to go to work everyday though. Fuckers won't even let me stay home so I don't get everyone else sick. Oh well... fuck em. Hopefully I get everyone else sick and then the clinic has to deal with 90 more people being sick and they have to ask themselves... "Hmmm maybe we should keep them at home for 3-4 days while they are still contageous so that they don't pass it to someone else.... hmmm.... nah.... that'd be to easy to solve the problem." And then they will still continue to give us shitty medical service and make us wait for 3 hours to get the strep culture done to see if we even have it, and then just wait till the Doctor has "time" to fill out a perscription and then... oh! Let's wait another fucking hour and a half to get some cheap ass motherfuckin' generic antibiotics that don't even work. And then we'll leave them with that. Nothing to help with the pain now, no cough drops, no tips on what to try... not even a doctors nor a nurses "how to take these" directions, They don't even have directions on the fuckin' box of pills. It says "Take as directed" How the hell am I supposed to take them if the doctor doesn't tell me how!!! GAH! I don't feel like waiting another 3 hours just to talk to a damn PA so I can find out how to take them, I'd rather just wait till I almost die from dehydration and strep that way I can get a free pass to go to the ER off base to a normal hospital and get a real doctors opinion and help. They won't even let us go off base to see a civilian doctor unless we have a referal. It takes 3-4-5 doctor visits on base to even get one of those. I swear the military has a shitty way of taking care of us. Just a swoop and you're out of their sight. Sweep me under the fuckin' rug and act like i don't exist. That's cool. Way to take care of your military personell.

I'm sorry I just ranted a whole fuckin' page of nonsense. STUPID AIR FORCE!!!

Last edited by Demon's Eclipse; 09-22-05 at 02:33.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-05   #2
harli
formerly Lilywhitemm

harli is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160,547
antibiotics take several days to fully work. i hope you get to feeling better soon. and yes, the air force does seem to have its priorities fucked all up.
Old 09-22-05   #3
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Today I called the Base clinic and asked if I could be put on quarters for just a day or two and I had a Lt and a Captain down my throat bitching because they don't understand why I don't feel good. And they said that there is no reason to NOT go to work since I had taken the antibiotics 24 hours ago, I'm no longer contageous. But that doesn't mean I still don't feel like shit!

*curls up in a blankey and whines*

I never should have joined the military. This shit sucks.
Old 09-22-05   #4
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon's Eclipse

I never should have joined the military. This shit sucks.
I only did 4 years. It's all the little day to day bullshit in the military that wears down on you, but I don't regret doing it.
Old 09-22-05   #5
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synikul
I only did 4 years. It's all the little day to day bullshit in the military that wears down on you, but I don't regret doing it.

I've been stuck in it for over 3 years now, I love the job, I just hate the people. I swear I have had so many phone calls from work asking me "are you okay!? when are you coming back?" It's funny that they are all guys and I never gave them my number....

I love the job... I hate the shitty service.
Old 09-22-05   #6
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,489
Strange, must just be the one where you're at...
Old 09-22-05   #7
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

prolly
Old 09-22-05   #8
crimsonnyte
A Bit of Luck

crimsonnyte is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,489
I think so, because my bf was in the AF and for a while he basically lived in the hospital. I talked to him about it and he said it should really be an in and out ordeal. And that getting a referral to a civilian doctor should be an easy task.
Old 09-23-05   #9
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

I think it's just this base. I've tried to get a referral before but they always seem to beat around the bush for it. I never did get it either.
Old 09-23-05   #10
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 656,348
I went to the Naval Hospital in Charleston when I was a little kid. Had a broken arm. Fractured in 3 places.

They sent me home and said it was a muscle strain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-23-05   #11
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Credits: 16,962
I sympathzie with you. We have to deal with the same bullshit in the Army. Unless you're E-5 or above they look at being sick as an excuse to get out of work and or PT. Besides the meds they give you half the time on a miltary post don't do shit for you anyway. One time when I was stationed at APG, I was diagnosed with pnuemonia and the Cpt. still made me participate in a 5 mile brigade run. And just because he was in a bad mood, I had to run next to him and call cadence. Don't worry though, the funny thing about the military is that things have a funny way of comming full circle when you least expect it. Hooah!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."-- Jim Morrison
Old 09-24-05   #12
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Ahhh! there's that damn Hooah thing again. Fuckin jeebus Christ! Cut it out already.

I think military medical care sucks all around. I was stationed on a naval air base in Pensacola FL and had gotten into a car accident... they looked at my neck and said "oh you'll be fine" back to work. Thanks for the slap on the ass... now I have back problems.
Old 09-24-05   #13
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

You should witness the kind of treatment the veterans get. My dad has on-going battle with the VA hospital.

Old 09-24-05   #14
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Yeah I see that a lot whenevery I go to the doc. I feel bad because I know one day I'll be them and I'll be fighting with the government for medical coverage because of all the shit they shoot up in our arms to keep us from getting sick from bio-weapons.
Old 09-24-05   #15
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

My dad's got some serious issues from the first Gulf War. The worst being this horrible skin disorder he developed. It's bad.

Old 09-24-05   #16
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

That's what I'm afriad of... is what if I can't have kids now because of the shit they've pumped into my body. I want babies! I'm trying right now, but no luck. *pout* I don't want to give my kids something like that though...

I'm sorry about your father. My father was in Vietnam and he has some serious illnesses that the government won't give him funding for treatment. Stupid corporate whores!
Old 09-24-05   #17
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
I wouldn't worry too much about that. That could be due to any number of diiferent reasons. Besides, you're young. You've still got plenty of time to have children.

Old 09-24-05   #18
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

Haha.

Thing is my father wants to see grandkids before he passes away... and I want to give him that... but he's over the hill already and driving way to fast without brakes to slow the aging process so he's not gonna be around to much longer...

I hate cramping time.
Old 09-24-05   #19
Demon's Eclipse
Stranded Soldier

that previous comment prolly made no sense.

to much wine. excuse me.
Old 09-25-05   #20
Doktor Demo
King of The Anti-Smile

Doktor Demo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon's Eclipse
Haha.

Thing is my father wants to see grandkids before he passes away... and I want to give him that... but he's over the hill already and driving way to fast without brakes to slow the aging process so he's not gonna be around to much longer...

I hate cramping time.
I understand, my folks were the same way when I first got married. But at the time, I was in field artillery and my wife didn't like the fact that I was gone all the time. I tried to change my MOS so that I could be home more often. This is all before I before I joined the army when I was still a jarhead btw. So to make a long story short I ended up childless and divorced.