Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page Affirmative Action

Old 07-19-03   #1
NMaries

Affirmative Action

Many people think that Affirmative Action applies to anyone not White. In fact, Affirmative Action only applies to those under certain contract ional or political policies are held.

During the Civil War, it was promised that all the slaves would be sent back to Africa with a donkey. It never happened. Therefore, after much deliberation in the courts it was awarded as a way to compensate people descendant from slaves as an equalizer for all the time that worked hard without the ability to make more of themselves while in bondage.

Central America and parts of South America are also under consideration because of the way the territories were acquired. Also the political issue of the USA helping Mexico and other countries establish independence from their nations has made it possible for many of them to qualify for Affirmative Action.

Affirmative Action is around because of legal proof we owe them something. Even tribal laws are in place for similar reasons.

What does that mean? If you are descendant from a freeman that was black dealing in diamonds out of New York City, you donít qualify. If your family is predominantly from Spain, a European Country, you donít qualify. If you're another race from Belgium or England, your donít qualify. It is only under specific conditions that you do qualify.

Many cases have been lost in courts because just having a misinformed public does not constitute a case for Affirmative Action protection. The Jewish people tried very hard to be recognized as a minority. Jews are still classified as White. Their religion is not protected as a racial issue. Personally, Iím just sick of watching members of my family have to go to a map to demonstrate where Spain is on a Globe (South of France) only to have some ass say, ďSo youíre Mexican.Ē

Thatís right. Iím Spanish and should be able to be proud of my heritage. I donít get extra points on registration at schools. Employers donít get a tax rebate for me being there. In fact, I just fill in white or other if I fill it in at all, because it doesnít apply to me. (However, the USA funding Mexicoís Revolution was nasty. The Spanish took everything with them even gold if it was bolted down. So there really is no restitution for European Hispanics.) So why doesnít everyone check their facts. Not that itís easy. I only know about it from a work seminar. Finding it on the Internet is about impossible.
Old 08-08-03   #2
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,706
Slavery ended 138years ago. The freedom of the slaves were bought and paid for in the blood of overwhelmingly white soldiers who fought to free them. No one is owed anything.

Today we see politicians pandering to special interests for votes, thus we see "affirmative action". These "affirmative action" laws are just a new form of discrimination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03   #3
NMaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
Affirmative action is institutionalized racism.
Right you are, Mr. Greenich.
Old 08-20-03   #4
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 80,024
*agrees with JBL*
Old 08-27-03   #5
Arty
Lord of the Dance

Arty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 44,057
Is anyone actually for it?
Old 08-27-03   #6
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 80,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB
JBL is a speaker brand.
DOH sorry

*agrees with JLB*
Old 08-31-03   #7
spinkick666

*Sniff.*
Does no one else see the beauty here?
*Tears running down face.*
Old 12-04-03   #8
pseudogoth dash
question everything

pseudogoth dash is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,082
i really hate these stupid plans that politicians come up with to make us white people feel better about the fact that our great-grandparents had nigger slaves. personally, i think we should still have nigger slaves. i mean, if they're too stupid to get off their black asses and get jobs then they deserve to be slaves to a superior race.

fuck affirmative action, give me a nigger!
Old 12-10-03   #9
tomtom
Embracer Of The Dark

tomtom
Credits: 12,305
I hope you are being sarcastic
Old 12-25-03   #10
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 109,035
I'll say this untill my head explodes, tbut there is nothing posative about discrimination.

I don't see why companies need ethnicity reports or neeed to hire minorities. A company should hire the best person who applies for the position.

If there happens to be a situation where a group of ethnics (please give me a better word) people are all turned at 1st instance for being unsuitable, then tough.

However If a group of people of differing ethnicity happen to form a top-notch company by way of they merits rather then their make-up, then surely this is what you want

By making race any sort of issue at all, you perpetuate the notion that race is actually important. If you simply let it slide and don't care about race it will become less important.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 12-25-03   #11
Defamation
Elitist Cunt

Defamation is on a distinguished road
Credits: 14,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudogoth dash
i really hate these stupid plans that politicians come up with to make us white people feel better about the fact that our great-grandparents had nigger slaves. personally, i think we should still have nigger slaves. i mean, if they're too stupid to get off their black asses and get jobs then they deserve to be slaves to a superior race.

fuck affirmative action, give me a nigger!

That's probably one of the more ignorant things I've read lately. And that's saying a lot, considering this is darkforum.com.

Affirmative action was defined as "reparations made to minority parties in order to ensure equality". And I feel that it was needed perhaps... 50 years ago. But a minority in the United States right now is a white male between the ages of 18 and 25. And the problem with affirmative action is that it promotes reverse discrimination. I found out first hand when it became time for me to apply to college and get financial aid. It's next to impossible to get government help if you're a white middle class kid. College admissions has stopped being about performance and whether you deserve to be there. Now it's about quotas and politics. Sure, it irks me that I had a near perfect SAT and impeccable grades and I STILL got rejected. But I'm not going to sit on my ass and whine about it. I just have to work a little harder for what I want. No big.

And it's unfair, pseudogoth dash, to generalize that all black people are lazy niggers that don't do anything. I don't sit here and call you an uppity cracker. So don't be a retard.
H
E
R
F
U
C
K
E
R
Old 12-30-03   #12
DeirdreMayfair
Dark Mage

DeirdreMayfair is on a distinguished road
Credits: 25,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwraith
I'll say this untill my head explodes, tbut there is nothing posative about discrimination. There isn't.

I don't see why companies need ethnicity reports or neeed to hire minorities. A company should hire the best person who applies for the position.

Because quite possibly some people have better opportunities than others. higher income, better area of education, etc. etc. go into a rich neighboorhood and tell me how many different minorities there are and how many. the majority of people living in these places are either asian or white.
if they were to honestly hire every person that was best fit it's kind of not giving a chance to other people. yeah life isn't fair so suck it up.

If there happens to be a situation where a group of ethnics (please give me a better word) people are all turned at 1st instance for being unsuitable, then tough.

However If a group of people of differing ethnicity happen to form a top-notch company by way of they merits rather then their make-up, then surely this is what you want

maybe they haven't had the chance to? majority of the us is white.

By making race any sort of issue at all, you perpetuate the notion that race is actually important. If you simply let it slide and don't care about race it will become less important.

it's not as important an issue as it used to be, i'll admit that, it used to be much worse, people are looking at other forms of descrimination now.
Neon
my honest opinion on this is that people should be judged on the fact of how much they've taken advantage of what they can get, NOT what they get minority or anything. I guess the easiest way for me is to do it collegish style. let's say a kid goes to a school with every opportunity imaginable and takes some of them, versus a kid who has few but takes them all and finds a bit more on the kid's own time. although the first kid is probably more educated, and has better this or that, i would think that you'd take the less advantaged kid because of qualities other than just his performance, but rather work ethic and desire to obtain more. but i won't say that white people don't get descriminated against in this sense. but i wouldn't say i'm against affirmative action.

oh and psuedo goth i hope i never meet you if that comment is what you really believe, your comment made you sound like a complete bigot.
Old 01-15-04   #13
pseudogoth dash
question everything

since when is there anything wrong with being a bigot? it drives me insane to walk through the city and see a mass of asians and only the occaisonal white person? i don't understand why they don't just fuck off back to their own country and stop taking our jobs and education opportunities. i don't mind declaring that i'm a racist (i also advocate same-race marriages and relationships) because as far as i'm concerned all these different cultures went for hundreds of years without interacting to any great extent so why the hell are we expected to suddenly deal with these invaders and accomodate them by letting them speak their stupid languages and giving them the best jobs and university placings simply because everyone is too shit-scared of being accused of being politically incorrect or racially villifying someone. all it's ended up doing is putting nice, white, middle-class guys at a huge disadvantage when they try and succeed in life. it's a bloody disgrace.
Old 01-21-04   #14
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,706
This guy is a troll.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Old 01-28-04   #15
pseudogoth dash
question everything

*deeply offended* why am i a troll sixgun? i have as much right to put forward comment as the next person.