Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page the real halloween?

Old 05-12-03   #1
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,527
the real halloween?

The real Halloween

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 30, 2002
10 a.m. Eastern

2002 WorldNetDaily.com

Halloween is celebrated across America as a harmless folk holiday. Some people spend more time decorating their house for Halloween than they do Christmas. But Halloween is not just a harmless kids holiday. It is the high holy day of Satanism.

Halloween is based on an ancient Celtic religious holiday. The Celts were pagan nature worshippers. Halloween was born out of the Celtic festival of Samhain that was observed on Oct. 31, the end of summer. The Druids were the Celtic class of priests. Among their beliefs were reincarnation and the transmigration of the soul. Samhain was the Lord of the Dead. On Halloween, he gathered the souls of the evil dead and cast them into the bodies of animals.

Samhain decided on Halloween what animal form the evil souls would take for the next year. Before that, Samhain would allow the spirits of the dead to return to earth to their former places of habitation for a few hours to associate once again with their families. It was on these occasions that ancient fire festivals would take place, with huge bonfires set on hilltops to frighten away "evil spirits." Superstitious pagans would put on grotesque masks and dance around these bonfires. Food was put out to allow the good dead that Samhain had released to feel welcome and at home.

Our modern customs are directly related to this pagan celebration. The carved pumpkin originated in the witches' practice of a skull with a candle inside to light the way to coven meetings. Going from door to door seeking treats originated with the Druid practice of begging material for the bonfires.

This is all harmless, right? Wrong. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, "Halloween was thought to be the most favorable time for divinations concerning marriage, luck, health and death. It was the only day on which the help of the devil was invoked for such purposes." A recent University of Chicago national poll revealed that 67 percent of Americans "now profess a belief in the supernatural," and that 42 percent "believe they have been in contact with someone who died." Take a look at the size of the occult section of your local Barnes and Noble bookstore. Then count how many shelves are devoted to Christian books.

There is a television program called "Crossing Over" in which the host regularly consults with the dead spirits of audience members' loved ones. Despite the exposure of Miss Cleo as a fraud, psychic hotlines are a billion-dollar industry.

The Harry Potter books and movies are unprecedented best sellers. Harry is a child wizard who goes to school at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. There he learns how to cast spells, make magic potions and commune with the dead. Children are also introduced to the pagan beliefs of divination and reincarnation. These books are not harmless fantasies. The Harry Potter books indoctrinate young readers into the basic principles of witchcraft all the while extolling its virtues.

The day we celebrate as a children's holiday across America is a feast day dedicated to Satan. God's Word is clear about this: "Let no one be found among you who ... practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to The Lord." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)

So let's not get caught up in the Devil's day of celebrating his deception over mankind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal Lindsey is the best-selling author of 20 books, including "Late Great Planet Earth." He writes this weekly column exclusively for WorldNetDaily.
Old 05-13-03   #2
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Location: at home getting hammered while shes out getting nailed
Dirge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,844
WOW crack is bad
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-03   #3
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

stupid fundamentalist christians
Old 05-25-03   #4
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Yeah spent some time with them,not cool, mind control is not for me! I take it you are Pagan then Silverflame? Also I posted this some where else but you will see it now I LOVE THAT POEM on your sig, I really feel what is being said there and it helps in a weird way, did you write it?
Old 05-25-03   #5
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

yes, i'm pagan and i did write the poem. thanks for the compliment! if i may ask, what happened when you spent time with them?
Old 05-27-03   #6
yorrick
Brat-prince

yorrick is on a distinguished road
Credits: 9,732
i hate people who give the rest of us (christians) bad names, damn fools
Old 05-27-03   #7
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Well , Silverflame, it was not one specific thing it was just the lack of any kind of dark expression, like if you were feeling depressed or something you would have to repent for being joyless, ya thanks that really fucking helps!!! and as a young person you had to be a certain way, fit in to their culture. I remember that some guy came to our church waering a Misfits hoodie, and he was told that was against the dress code. Was this a church open to anyone or an exclusive club? Also the cult like tendencies in a big pentacostal church are scary, the pastors word is law, and women while it is never admitted to are second class citizens or harbouring some major passive agressiveness. The thinking is very traditional for the role of women, (i guess thats why there are so many Pagan women ) and a single girls life does not begin until she is married, but they also say that you only need the lord and dont need to get married, ummm ya makes scence NOT!
I dont know I could go on and on but I just got tired of the bullshit and control ( iam an aquarius!) and got out before they could do any more damage.
Old 05-27-03   #8
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

sounds pretty aweful
Old 05-27-03   #9
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

Quote:
Originally posted by yorrick
i hate people who give the rest of us (christians) bad names, damn fools
i wasn't discriminating against christians, i was simply trying to show how silly people can become, especially when it comes to radicals of an religion.
Old 05-30-03   #10
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

" HypoChristian damned to salvation lost in a labrynth of your own creation/No escape from your situation/ when you finally die tell me where will you go/ to the pie in the sky or the fire below"

- Electric Hellfire Club , HypoChristian
Old 05-30-03   #11
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

lmao, i like that one
Old 05-31-03   #12
velvet
scrumptious

velvet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 109,461
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

whew..
Old 05-31-03   #13
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Yeah there one of my fav bands, kinda sums it all up really
Old 05-31-03   #14
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

note to people in this thread: feel free to post anything pertaining to radical and fundamentalist views on the world. posts of this nature are welcome in this thread.
Old 05-31-03   #15
PrinceJDRI
Private Ryan

PrinceJDRI
Credits: 4,768
A buddy of mine became a christian through a very odd event. He was smoking weed, when suddenly Christ appeared to him. Told him that all the Bible really meant was that if everyone tried to be good, nice, kind, etc. to everyone, the world would be a much MUCH better place. I don't think he's had the heart to tell one of our friends about this (hardcore baptist who has sacrificed playing some games because it doesn't "glorify God").

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

at

Old 06-01-03   #16
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Hey Sliverfalme thats a good idea and fitting this thread is in the humour section, cause their views are laughable.
Old 06-05-03   #17
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

that's very true