Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Is it bad?

Old 08-06-02   #1
Static

Is it bad?

if i cut myself cause i like pain.....im not trying to commit suicide i just like pain......some of my friends think its ok if i cut myself....but most of them think im retarded cause i cut myself in the first place....

so is it bad if i cut myself......

Old 08-06-02   #2
One
Live. Love. Life. DIE!

One will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,916
well, bad?, who knows, not really i guess... maybe a little odd, i mean, i like pain too, but i just get someone else to inflict it on me, a woman of course, i dont get anything out of inflicting it on myself, thats no fun...

Just my opinion
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-02   #3
HeinousSoul
Absconded Angel

HeinousSoul
Credits: 46,583
Well...I dunno...self-infliction was never considered good..they usually connect it to inner conflict. But a friend of mine cuts himself when he is upset..also because he likes pain. I dont want to say it is bad or good. It makes me sad that people do that, i have tried it myself...and it never felt wrong. I just worry about others that do it. So to your question..i guess it depends.......hmm......in this day and age..right oand wrong is never really a solid thing...i am going to shut up now..cause i dont know..lol
“The night has a thousand eyes, and the day but one….Yet the light of the bright world dies…with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one…Yet the light of a whole life dies…when love is done…- Francis W. Bourdillon

"The madness of demons is Rage. The madness of angels is Hope."

"We are Grey. We stand between the Candle and the Star"

“Some people are born to be the tears of the world” -me

"Fell from Heaven and her wings shattered like glass. But she's an angel, so of course she got up and walked away. But they still had to scrape her soul off the side walk..."

"Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional-a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience"

"You understand many things but have realized practically nothing"

"Why did you throw the Jack of Hearts away, when that was the only card left I had to play?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-02   #4
Dark_Rain

Re: Is it bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by Static
if i cut myself cause i like pain.....im not trying to commit suicide i just like pain......some of my friends think its ok if i cut myself....but most of them think im retarded cause i cut myself in the first place....

so is it bad if i cut myself......

its your body... do what you want with it...
Old 08-07-02   #5
Static

i dont know......i love pain......pain is the only thing that i ever immuned to in life......emotional, physical, any other type of pain....i dont know what to do.....should i stop doing it....i cut myself for one other reason and that is because when im pissed off at someone or everybody.....i cut myself cause i dont want to hurt or kill them.....i have been to counseling maybe once or twice but nothing go through to them cause the last time i went there they wanted me to sign my commit papers.......i ask for help and i get committed..........

but thank you everyone that cares.........
Old 08-07-02   #6
Edge
Soi.

Edge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100,046
Cutting yourself is bad in my opinion. You have a great gift, a body, which is the bes body of all lifeforms here. Why do you treat it that way? Pain is addictive, like smoke. You want to be addicted in pain? It's your choice in the end of course.
I’ve gotta say what I wanna say
Your face doesn’t show your fighting pose.
Old 08-07-02   #7
pencap
:)

pencap
Credits: 5,772
you can substitute cutting.. just takes a little time and/or medication.
Old 08-07-02   #8
AbstractEvil
Bona Fide

AbstractEvil
Credits: 41,263
hmm, I wouldn't say that its bad doing this to yourself but you also harm people around you. Try the SI topic for more advice

Occupation - waitress at Anti-Social Pizzeria
Manager and owner of Anomynous Hotel.

Blind pugh - bar man
Velvet - Bar mans "assistant"
Old 08-10-02   #9
Evil Cheese fry
cheese gone wrong

Evil Cheese fry
Credits: 35,214
if u dont want suicide then cut ur ass a- no one will see it and b- ull get more pain cuz whenu sit on it it will hurt
The proud will be abased"

He would not heel nor fake a bow
Murmur curses to the wind
And lo, the wrath of god swept down...

"Thou art no more an angel filled
With light, but a leech to be abhorred
And thou shalt suffer My burning will"...
Quoth this raven: "Nevermore"

Nevermore
Old 08-13-02   #10
Barely Breathing
Pocket size pocket

Barely Breathing will become famous soon enough
Credits: 201,964
let me ask you something. does it lession the pain? or do u just think it does. i use to cut, all the fucking time. all over my arms, legs, tummy, neck, wrist, FACE, feet, whatever. i thought it ended or even helped lessen the pain. it didnt. when my friends found out they turned me into the school shrink and i saw 8 more hours of therapy a week (ive been in therapy since i could talk) and one day this year acctually i had a breakdown.
is it bad? YES, YOUR HURTING YOURSELF FOR NO REASION! stop it! find better and more efficent ways to ease the pain, ways that dont include hurting yourself. please! good luck to you hun

DRi
Old 08-13-02   #11
Static

there is a reason why i cut myself cause i like pain....you can call me a freak but i dont care....im not cutting myself to lessen the pain....i just like pain.....i dont know why i like pain.....i just do ever since i was little

but im trying to lessen the amount of cutting myself.....everyday.....

static
Old 08-13-02   #12
Static

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Cheese fry
if u dont want suicide then cut ur ass a- no one will see it and b- ull get more pain cuz whenu sit on it it will hurt

efc i really took that to heart LMAO......hehe i just saw your pics and holy shit you are a fuckin hottie hehe.....

*drools some more*

static
Old 08-13-02   #13
MontanaOutlaw
Face in the Mist

MontanaOutlaw
Credits: 1,421
Inflicting pain on yourself is a matter of opinion. I used to find brick walls and hit them as hard as I could to break my knuckles. I did it to release pain caused from friends, family, lovers, or just out of frustration. Eventually it caused me alot of problems with arthritus, so I had to find something else. I went to boxing gloves and bags. It still feels as good to me to hit something as hard as I can and see the bag fly from the wall as it did to break all my knuckles and not even put a dent in the brick wall. There is always something else you can do to make you feel better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

at

Find out @
Old 08-14-02   #14
Evil Cheese fry
cheese gone wrong

Evil Cheese fry
Credits: 35,214
lol heh u have a cut ass? lol ur fucking awsome lol thats great hehehe

heh thanx i do not try to look lik that heh
The proud will be abased"

He would not heel nor fake a bow
Murmur curses to the wind
And lo, the wrath of god swept down...

"Thou art no more an angel filled
With light, but a leech to be abhorred
And thou shalt suffer My burning will"...
Quoth this raven: "Nevermore"

Nevermore
Old 08-15-02   #15
Minority reporT
Face in the Mist

Location: *~Heaven, Hell, Never Never Land, or anywhere in between. It doesn't really matter because wherever you choose, you're all going to Hell in the end.~*
Minority reporT
Credits: 2,100
It releases the pain but then it always comes back. Yes, it is bad in the long run so you should stop but it's your decision.
God bless.
Someone I don't know
Somehow I cannot hide who I am
Though I've tried
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

FUCK THIS SHYT
Old 08-16-02   #16
SWITCHBLADE666
jack's loving whore

SWITCHBLADE666 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 27,587
Quote:
Originally posted by pencap
you can substitute cutting.. just takes a little time and/or medication.
a little?

if medicine can cure it then it takes more than just a little. in most cases it doesnt solve anything but your sleeping problems.

its all within yourself.

back to the question of whether its bad or not. well..i guess it all depends on why you do it. if you do it for the sheer pleasure of feeling the blade against your skin, then it cant be all that bad.
but if you do it to fit in (or fit out) or because you're some poor low self esteemed child who does it out of pure hatred for himself or because thy think of it as a way of getting the attention and pity they crave from others, then i d say its not only wrong, but rather a very pathetic way of going about it. cuz all theyre gonna get is a letter from society saying " we dont want you in our perfect society anymore so we ve decided to lock you up in an asylum for (what they call) a few days. sorry. fuck you. bye, bye."

you say you do it for pain. then i say go for it. we all got fetishes and whatnot, some more fucked up than others but we all deserve to enjoy them in an equal way.

Last edited by SWITCHBLADE666; 08-16-02 at 02:00.