Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Oi,Christians!

Old 05-14-03   #121
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,236
how do they know what happened before christ was born? According to archeology...that would have been..billions? of years ago, what happened with the dinosaurs? I don't think anyone has ever answered that, how did the keep the lions from eating the sheep...or what about the animals that require extreme cold to exist versus something that prefers a desert environment? how were all the animals fed, elephants eat tons of food in a week...did they have a big garden? If incest is bad, why did god only create two people to make...millions, that's a lot of inbreeding...hey! i'm related to red

bah..it's late and i'm babbling, but i'd like to hear some...answers to these questions, since we have "experts" here.
Old 05-15-03   #122
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
2003+ years ago. I think there was something discorved about the great flood, I vaguely remember a news broadcast about it.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-03   #123
The Relentless
Lurks in the Shadows

The Relentless
Credits: 7,109
As far as the incest one, I asked that myself once. Incest wasn't "bad" until there was Law against it, which didn't happen until later.
Old 05-15-03   #124
SatansEnemy
Custom User Title Here

SatansEnemy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,387
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordyn
how do they know what happened before christ was born? According to archeology...that would have been..billions? of years ago, what happened with the dinosaurs? I don't think anyone has ever answered that, how did the keep the lions from eating the sheep...or what about the animals that require extreme cold to exist versus something that prefers a desert environment? how were all the animals fed, elephants eat tons of food in a week...did they have a big garden?
my beliefs....

before Christ was born....well if you are asking about the old testament....it was written before Christ, a lot of old testament is prophecy about Christ. and the first couple of books were written by Moses, who from God was told what to write. if you have read the Bible you will find out that Moses wasnt a very great writer or speaker, he repeats himself alot.
and most of Genisis is the history before Moses....if not all of it.I havent read that book in a while, you should read it, it is very interesting. the old testament give 109( i think that is the number) prophices that the Christ would have to fulfill.
and you can say that a man could fulfill abunch on his own, maybe...but some had to be done by others that didnt even believe He was Christ. ok im rambling also...

did they have a big garden?....if i understand you correctly....you are asking if all the animals were in the garden of eden.....i dont think that they were.
and dinosaurs.....toughy, but they werent called dinosaurs back then and i also think they were extinct, before man was created.

Gen 1:24
and God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creatures after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind, and it was so.

this is the verse for anything that lives on the earth(land) except for man. there is a bunch missing like horses, but they were still around while the Bible was being written, so they are talked about in the Bible, but dinosaurs were prolly already extinct, so there is no major mention of them.

i dont believe that man has been around for billions not even millions of years..... there is mention of monsters in the mountains....like what scientist have used to try to link us to apes.... but i believe that man, as what God created(Adem and Eve or us) has only been around for about 6,000 years.
but once again MY belief.
Old 05-15-03   #125
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally posted by SatansEnemy

i dont believe that man has been around for billions not even millions of years..... there is mention of monsters in the mountains....like what scientist have used to try to link us to apes.... but i believe that man, as what God created(Adem and Eve or us) has only been around for about 6,000 years.
but once again MY belief.
So the entire history of the Sumerians is made up????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-15-03   #126
Jordyn
paraphiliac

what about prehistoric man dated to 10,000 b.c. and now they are finding suggestions of even earlier civilizations...how is there an explanation for the cultures before god was created?

Quote:
As far as the incest one, I asked that myself once. Incest wasn't "bad" until there was Law against it, which didn't happen until later.
so people who follow the bible can pick and choose what applies to life? If it's the old testament it doesn't count, yet the new testament...where does that come from?
Old 05-15-03   #127
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally posted by RedMeat
2003+ years ago. I think there was something discorved about the great flood, I vaguely remember a news broadcast about it.
so than you believe in moses and the arc? *raises an eyebrow*
Old 05-15-03   #128
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

I dont believe in it. Just said someone discovered there was a great flood somewhere around that time. The Noah story is just fictionalised reality just like most of history.

Old 05-15-03   #129
Jordyn
paraphiliac

every great culture in history has a great flood story, i'm sure there were many...especially after the ice age
Old 05-15-03   #130
The Relentless
Lurks in the Shadows

The Relentless
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordyn
so people who follow the bible can pick and choose what applies to life? If it's the old testament it doesn't count, yet the new testament...where does that come from?

What I'm saying is...when there were only two people, there was only one rule: "don't eat from that tree". The Old Testament Law that applied to Moses and others didn't come until much later.
Old 05-15-03   #131
SatansEnemy
Custom User Title Here

SatansEnemy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,387
Quote:
Originally posted by The Relentless
What I'm saying is...when there were only two people, there was only one rule: "don't eat from that tree". The Old Testament Law that applied to Moses and others didn't come until much later.
true, true.
Old 05-15-03   #132
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by The Relentless
Do all those that break the rules of God before they are formed/revealed get a automatic pardon? I mean if some Christains believe morality came from God does that mean that with the absense of God immorality even in extremes is natural and even forgivable?

Old 05-15-03   #133
The Relentless
Lurks in the Shadows

The Relentless
Quote:
Originally posted by RedMeat
Do all those that break the rules of God before they are formed/revealed get a automatic pardon? I mean if some Christains believe morality came from God does that mean that with the absense of God immorality even in extremes is natural and even forgivable?

There are chapters in the Old testament that detail God's Law, what his people were supposed to do and not do, and there were certain punishments for breaking things. It was a lot like the criminal codes we have today. If we made a new law today, would we find a ll the people who broken this new law in the past and round them up for punishment? I think not. God expects different things from us as the world changes. things changed a lot again when Jesus came to earth. I do believe that morality comes from God but morality is often times dependent on the situation. Is it immoral to sleep with your sister if it is the only way to perpetuate the human race?

Anyway, I'm not an expert theologian but that's the way I see it.
Old 05-15-03   #134
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Hmm I suppose we wouldnt round them up. If I was a caveman I could be a rapist and go to heaven. I missed out big time.:/
I`ve always believed that incest was only made immoral through observing the negitive effects it can have down the generations. Its the only harmful consequence I can think of from it so I rationalise it that way. I dont think repopulating the Earth would be all that worthwhile...even less so if the new humans are all tards with potentialy painful mutations.

Old 06-15-03   #135
Shattered Dream
Rev up your Harley

Shattered Dream will become famous soon enough
Credits: 46,986
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
So the entire history of the Sumerians is made up????
Good point I find them fascinating. So are The Nommos. I believe they could have existed.