Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page view on humanity

Old 06-18-01   #1
Dark-female
The Muffinator

Dark-female
Credits: 8,260
view on humanity

The way I see the world, is that we have become(or rather humans have become) selfish beast who don't accept admiting they care for nothing but themselves.

I say that because most humans view the human species as the most important living thing on this planet. this fact sickens me to the point of hacking up my half digested breakfast and shoving it in their mutilated faces.
Humans like to think they have control to everthing though I'm not sure why they feel this way, maybe because they think a being called god...created the entire universe and since god looks very much like a human they believe they can create and destroy like he does.

But when something happens such as one little person dieing, something that happens everday with the animals.........they go into histaricks and try to stop it from happening again. Why do this when there are already so many humans in the world is my question. I know humans are attached to each other and I understand that but they have to learn to accept this as natures way of controling the population.

-Dark-female

P.S. yes, I know I'm human too but that's besides the point.
Old 06-18-01   #2
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
hmmm

well thats an extreme Vegan philosophy.... have u read the script to Factory Blue yet?

personally i dont agree. i care for animals and nature. i show the utmost respect for them. but thats not going to stop me from eating a hamburger or enjoying a good chicken parmesian. humans are an omniverous species, else wed have four stomachs and a disgusting penchant for hay or wed relish the taste of raw meat. in fact, we do niether.

i find it hard to swallow the Vegan philosophy in that there are man eaters as well in the carnivore genus and just because humanity as a whole has a choice and can know better doesnt mean that Man has a responsibility to refrain from eating the flesh of an animal. We all end up six feet under anyway...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-01   #3
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 5,894
What are you talking about? Humans don't care about other humans unless they're nearby. The Earthquake that killed over a million people in India two summers ago got less coverage than Madonna's second wedding. On the other hand, I'd like to point out that few dolphins in the Timon Sea give a flying fuck about what happens to the Dolphins in the Adriatic. Animals are by nature selfish creatures. This is nothing new to the human race. The truth is there are many creatures with comparitively better virtues than humans- but there are also many with far worse moral standards. Humans do a lot that's both good and bad. But that's aside from the point. We rule the Earth because we're the most intelligent, not because we're the most virtuous. Intelligent has little if anything to do with good or evil.
Old 06-19-01   #4
The Owl
Lurks in the Shadows

The Owl
Credits: 668
Re: view on humanity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark-female
But when something happens such as one little person dieing, something that happens everday with the animals.........they go into histaricks and try to stop it from happening again. Why do this when there are already so many humans in the world is my question. I know humans are attached to each other and I understand that but they have to learn to accept this as natures way of controling the population.
I'm not sure exactly what you're advocating here. Are you suggesting that there should be no medical interventions? Where does "nature" stop and human behaviour begin? What if someone gets hit by a car, is it ok to treat them because a car isn't part of nature and the person's injuries are therefore not a result of nature's attempts to "control the population"?
Old 06-19-01   #5
Heimdall
Face in the Mist

Heimdall
Credits: 1,096
Dark-fem, this is silly. Not sure what you are implying in your post. When you get a flue (or any other illness/desease) do you treat it? Or are you going to "let the nature take course in curbing the human population"? I'm betting on the former. And in this case it is a little hypocrytical, dont you think? Of course we care for the friends, family, ourselfs, and make damn sure that some of our tax dollars go to programs that take care of us. And yes, one thing I care the most for in this life is...me. Only natural, just like every other animal under the sun. Maybe its vanity (yep, this world needs me to beautify the place, hehe) or maybe its self-preservation.

-Take care
Old 06-19-01   #6
Dark-female
The Muffinator

Dark-female
Sorry if i have upset so many people I just see the world this way( maybe a curse maybe a gift) I am mostly implying on the fact that when an animal kills a human, other humans go out and kill the animal that did that. I find that stupied sinse the person isn't going to come back to life from that but I can see where the concept of revenge stricks the human mind. I praise the ones who learn to accept the fact that the animal was useing the human as a sorce of food and learn to get on with their lives.

Ah yes, one more thing....I 'm not a vegan. In fact bloody, rare meat is a precious comodity to me and I relish each time I recieve it. All i want is eqaullity on both sides, each species population to be eqaul(yes I know this is a far off dream but i would injoy something close to it) Some species might not make it due to lack of survival skills but that's how life goes. but in these days it seems humans take more and more in something like a selfish greed for the survuival of thier own species. I know their are poeple out there who help protect nature and I am great ful for that but I fear its not enough. I' m sorta afraid we're going to destroy our own world eventually, but as long as that gets ride of the human waste I guess it's a good thing.

-dark female
Old 06-19-01   #7
Set
Evil Incarnate

Set is on a distinguished road
Credits: 84,631
Here are my views on Humanity............

First of all, in my opinion, humanity is indeed the most important presence on this planet. I say this for many reasons, the first of which is the fact that it was humanity who progressed through the eons of the earths exisitence. We have survived through countless wars, many plagues,and unbearable horrors such as the holocaust and other acts like it. Humanity has the power to make peace on Earth, however, because we are inperfect and often blood thursty..........peace will never happen. Man has created countless Gods and a variety of complex and often nearly unfollowable religions. Man has created great empires that has lasted for many upon many centuries. Man has also created such great technologies that allow infinite wisdom to be obtained just by the click of a mouse. This forum would not even exist if it were not for man. Now, I will be fair in this subject.....mankind is a murdering race. Some of us kill for pleasure, others for some lost cause. We (unlike any other race) have killed members of our own race with great violence. Not only that, but when we kill...........we kill. To give some examples, the holocaust, the inquisition of the church, the horrors caused by the communist goverment, etc., the list can go on and on. However, despite all of our flaws, we as a whole have always come through. We have always gotten out on top. Man has the power to create and to destroy. We have expanded our own life span for many years. We have cured many ills of old. We have even left this planet, and gone beyond this world. With that in mind, mankind can be viewed as a God. However, I say that with uneasy. For a god has the power to create and to destroy...........as does man. And it is for that reason, the reason that we have grown in size and power that I believe that mankind is very upon very important. Now you may disagree, and that is perfectly fine.............I'm just giving you my opinion.

The Great and Sexy "Slaves of Set".

-- Duddy
--Guy_Person
-- Dark Messiah
-- Chaos Creator
-- Tisha19
-- Mistressbitch
-- LillyDara
-- ~*Rebeckah*~
-- Clearwitch (part time)
-- Angel of Melody
-- ChupaKabraz
-- MorbidSukkubus
-- SirVLCIV

Old 06-20-01   #8
Set
Evil Incarnate

-- Duddy
--Guy_Person
-- Dark Messiah
-- Chaos Creator
-- Tisha19
-- Mistressbitch
-- LillyDara
-- ~*Rebeckah*~
-- Angel of Melody
-- ChupaKabraz
-- MorbidSukkubus
-- SirVLCIV

Old 06-25-01   #9
Set
Evil Incarnate

I just felt like dragging this back up to the top.

-- Duddy
--Guy_Person
-- Dark Messiah
-- Chaos Creator
-- Tisha19
-- Mistressbitch
-- LillyDara
-- ~*Rebeckah*~
-- Angel of Melody
-- ChupaKabraz
-- MorbidSukkubus
-- SirVLCIV

Old 06-27-01   #10
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,493
I hate to burst your bubble, D-F

I thought you'd like to know that animal species have been going extinct before humans had enough of a population to even contribute to it. Its nature's way of weeding out the weak and unfit, you adapt or you die.

If a dog attacks and kills a child, the dog is usually put down. Why? If a dog feels the need to attack a child once, it may well do so again. Its in its nature to do so. Hence putting the dog down becomes a viable alternative to locking the dog up in a pen so that it has no possible chance to kill or hurt anyone again.

Equality for all species? That in itself is impossible because all species are not equal, simple as that. Each animal has its niche in the ecology and lives accordingly. All animals except the human animal, that is. We haven't found our niche, and it is for that reason that there are so many concerns about the environment and what we do to it.

I personally have a great respect for nature, but I also realize that nature has no great respect for me. I am insignificant in the great pattern of life and must make choices in order to hold my place in the world. If that means animals must die in order for me to live, then that is the way it has to be.

Shadowborn
Old 07-05-01   #11
asilentrevolt
Lurks in the Shadows

asilentrevolt
Credits: 6,488
By bringing this subject up we indirectly are stating that Humans are above animals because animals do the same.. why is that wrong just for us? (I know because of our intelligence..) Survival of your own species is what nature is about.. Procreation, making sure your young live to carry on your genes, eating weaker animals to survive, this is all part of nature and an inherent instinct for survival, and are all in a way selfish.. The only thing wrong with Humans as a species is the fact we are the only animals who have not found a way to naturally fit into the balance of life, while other species fade away into obscurity, we will try to drag the earth along with us kicking and screaming.. This I think is unnatural, but We were given intelect and the ability to destroy (and create) for a reson. On a borader look at things though, what if humans destroying the earth is a sort of, oh.. natural selection as put into play by the universe? I'm not sure if I belive this, but I am bringing up the possibilty. All and all We are strange animals indeed. While some animals will simply abandon an animal that seems "odd", we make ours suffer through out high school. While a wolf pack will simply kill a "bad" seed, we Put them on trial in order to make cable tv ratings. Humans can be both vial and wonderful, but all and all, we are still just animals. (I also belive that all animals, no matter what type have a peice of divinity held within, it's the flesh that adds slight doses of corruption to each... You know like in movie dragon Heart =) )
"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recess of their minds awake to find all was just Vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make them happen. " -Skylash

Old 07-08-01   #12
Dark-female
The Muffinator

Dark-female
Thank you for explaining it to me like that, I never really saw it in that light... I just always wished humans had never happened but since you put it in that retrospect I can understand what you mean. thanks
Old 07-09-01   #13
Nus4au2
Lurks in the Shadows

Nus4au2
Credits: 3,452
Hmm, I don't think for a second that humans are above anything else on this planet. Everything is a giant circle, and it is not supirority that we destroy ourselves. It is fact, the truth, as to just how unevolved we are. We look at species that canabilize as lower, but we do it. Ants have created very complex societys, what exactly goes on in their worlds we'll never know. Elephants can be just as destructive as a nuclear blast. They have desimated land that didn't revive for centurys. Dolphins have an incredably complex form of communication, and are capable of understanding different languages. The only reason that we think that we were made in god's image, is because we wrote the bible. We are by definition a virus. Mother earth will get rid of us. I don't think ours a hard act to follow. We are the top of the food chain right now. The bragging rights stop there. But we are the only species as far as we know that would brag.
Old 07-09-01   #14
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Superiority of humans

Quote:
Originally posted by Nus4au2
[b]Hmm, I don't think for a second that humans are above anything else on this planet. Everything is a giant circle, and it is not supirority that we destroy ourselves.[b]
Agreed, struggling against one another does not make humans appear very superior. However, all species compete for territory, food and other things. Even your vaunted ants will kill one another over food sources. Our destruction of the environment is wrong, but steps are being taken by people to halt that destruction. At least some of us are making an effort, which can't be said for animals that eat an area to nothing then move on.

Quote:
It is fact, the truth, as to just how unevolved we are. We look at species that canabilize as lower, but we do it. Ants have created very complex societys, what exactly goes on in their worlds we'll never know. Elephants can be just as destructive as a nuclear blast. They have desimated land that didn't revive for centurys. Dolphins have an incredably complex form of communication, and are capable of understanding different languages. The only reason that we think that we were made in god's image, is because we wrote the bible. We are by definition a virus. Mother earth will get rid of us. I don't think ours a hard act to follow. We are the top of the food chain right now. The bragging rights stop there. But we are the only species as far as we know that would brag.
We are actually quite evolved. Our brains are the most highly developed on the planet. (Hubris, I know, but so far it hasn't been proven otherwise.) Your vaunted ants do indeed have a very complex society, however they are only ants. The typical worker drone does nothing but endless tasks to ensure the continuance of its colony. Ants don't study the universe, write symphonies, or help one another. If an ant is injured, it is useless to its colony, no effort is made to aid it. I'd like to know where you got the information concerning the elephants. I have no doubt of their destructive capacity. I've seen video footage of it. I just do not understand why it takes centuries for the land to recover. Forest fires can ravage areas, and within a decade life abounds in the burned region. Humans on the other hand can nuke a spot and poison it for hundreds of years. (Its not anything to be proud of, but is an awe inspiring thought.)

We are by definition a virus? Thank you screenwriter for the matrix. Admitedly, humanity has a great many faults. Viruses did not write Beethoven's ninth symphony, or sculpt Michelangelo's David, or pen "The Raven". Those are human accomplishments.

Shadowborn
Old 07-09-01   #15
EvilAngelX

i agree with Nus to a point. everything on this planet is just one HUGE circle. called the circle of life (no pun intended from the lion king). u have no complete control over much of anything. i mean u have some, but not much. even tho the human race is the higher life form, it still is the one destroying the earth. and as long as there is such thing as love and hate, there will always be an imbalance in the world we live.
Old 07-11-01   #16
DarkProfanity
Elder God of Sith Kittens

DarkProfanity
Credits: 32,893
*sits here ruminating*

Well, I don't post on R&P a lot simply because of all the inane anti-Christian and pro-Christian crap everyone's spouting. Get over it. But this thread, I must say, is a refreshing breath of air.

So, dear, you have angst against humanity? Don't we all. Humanity is doomed because we're selfish creatures? Hell yes. Is this anything new? Hell no. Hold on to your hats, people, I'm basically going to reiterate almost every doctrine I babbled about on the "Death Penalty" thread in General.

For the sake of unoriginality, the two things I am about to define shall be called "human nature" and "human spirit", even though I know other creatures have these instincts, and I'm just painting a picture of human superiority.

Human nature: acting, and thinking, of one's own immediate desires
Human spirit: the ability to think outside of one's self for the good of all, even for those you've never met

Between these two, in every individual, group, organization, country, community, etc., there is a gigantic war. Others call this "good" and "evil", but those terms are vague, and have too many imprinted connotations for my purpose. I will state: War is senseless. Therefore, the war between our own desires, and the need for "peace", is senseless, but as of this moment, there doesn't seem to be any solution. Following any extreme only leads to ruin. Thus, humanity is doomed. Doubtless, I have still have faith we'll find a happy medium, but then again, I've always been an idealistic pessimist. But then again, the only reason why this whole thing bothers humanity, and not the animals, is because of our "great intellect." We think about it too damn much, we go insane, we just don't care, and we use technology and religion and anything else we thought up to pursue one extreme, or another. Thus, creating chaos. And the great cycle of war continues.

Thank you for your time, I don't know if this has any relevance, I sort of went off on a tangent and got lost, but yes, the Fucktard has spoken.

Oh, one last point.

"Life feeds on life... because it's necessary." -Keenan
"Humanity kills humanity because of humanity." -Me
Old 07-11-01   #17
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Post more Fucktard.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 07-11-01   #18
Dark-female
The Muffinator

Dark-female
That was Excellent Dark profainity, that just greatly descibes what a waste and yet frightining creature humans are.
Thank you very much for taking a different veiw on these then anyone else, your words are quit incoraging

~Dark female
Old 07-11-01   #19
DarkProfanity
Elder God of Sith Kittens

DarkProfanity
Credits: 32,893
*bows*

And thank you, for making this thread for me to babble on.
Old 07-12-01   #20
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

...and on, and on, and on...

Just kidding DP. Hadn't responded to any of your stuff in a while, so I felt the need.

Hmm, I'll have to try and put in a view on humanity here a bit later, when I've gotten some caffiene in my system. *yawn*

Shadowborn