Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Real Vampires

Old 07-14-01   #21
hexen
Slargs master

hexen
Credits: 3,001
if ur gonna drink someones blood u get the donor to take tests for the diseases and try to stick to just one or two donors.

the people that think they know it all upset those of us that do.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-01   #22
Kali_rose
New Blood

Kali_rose
Credits: 1,308
Blood Borne Viruses/Blood drinking

To all those who have expressed such concern for the vampyre community about HIV/AIDs etc...

Although I understand you may have strong views on the subject of blood drinking, and we have all heard the scare stories about AIDs and other blood borne viruses, is it the risk of contracting a virus, or merely the pure social unacceptance that causes you so much disgust, considering the equal risk from a one-night stand, or even sex with a long-term partner?
Old 07-16-01   #23
LiaCarla
New Blood

LiaCarla
Credits: 235
That's a very interesting view you have.

For me, it's not the pure social unnaceptance. It is interesting though, that we don't question one night stands or sex with a partner in the same way.

Maybe it's because blood drinking is not common in todays society, but people who drink blood wanting to be a vampire, are living in a fantasy world, so sometimes we may feel as though we have to bring them back down to reality?
Old 07-17-01   #24
Nightfarer
Face in the Mist

Nightfarer
Credits: 1,667
I want to support Kali_rose in his link between blood drinking and sexual activity. Blood drinking is a very intimate activity and whilst I know a majority of vampyres do not engage in blood drinking for sexual purposes I believe it should be regarded with the same caution, intimacy and respect. Blood borne diseases are a frightening reality and it is good to know that everyone is so aware of the risks. I believe that whether you drink blood or not is a very personal choice but not one to be taken lightly. Myself, I choose to drink blood but only that of my like-minded long-term partner. Another point to consider is how faithful your donor is, no matter how careful you are - if your donor is being careless, they're putting you at risk.
Old 07-17-01   #25
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,588
Re: Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk_BD
i do the im a goth thing
'the im a goth thing..? a qoute springs to mind here... 'im so goth people touch me and they BECOME goth. They say - oh no, now im goth!'

thats it really...ill shut up now...
Old 07-19-01   #26
Whiteorchid
Face in the Mist

Whiteorchid
Credits: 1,330
Vampirism

First, I believe I should introduce myself. I myself am a hybrid, for longer then 12 years now. In the past year, I went underground sort to speak. I was on the Vine Board and helped others regarding their vampirism. To make a long story short, I needed a break, was threatened by too many country hick want to be hunters, and it became to the point where I did not have much time to mentor and guide others. I do though believe that education of vampirism is most important. If there was no one attending this, then we would still be in the dark ages and Hollywood and the likes would/does/will bring the stereo-type of vampirism to the public. So, much so, that all these myths pretaining to vampirism will hurt the community.
I came across these forums and I offer education. I do ask though, please do not request to be "turned, awakened," or any non sense. In doing so I hope to help others while remaining anonymous.
Now, as to the "proof" regarding someones vampirism......talking to demons is not one of them. Psi abilties, a need and craving for energy (i.e. blood, psi energy and so forth), symptoms, such as:

1. An unusual strong craving, a need for rare meats, eggs and other high in protein foods. But not knowing why.

2. After eating foods in high protein, you experience a release (dampening) of this craving and need.

This can also be said when one drawls energy from another, and or through plants, animals and even stones.

3. You have dreams that become very real, as in you see thing's unfold that have happened, and/or you may feel a presents.

4.You can judge an individual and can "peg" another, as in personality, and reactions.

5. You are light sensitive.

6. You have meet individuals and have known that you have known them before.

7. You can feel a force (strength) from another and pull from it. You feel better being with them and not just because they have a great personality.

It also goes the same for a negative feeling and energy. You would feel this negative energy from them.

8. You prefer the night, and wake up the most during this time.

9. You have a sleeping disorder or you are an insomniac.

10. Medications, you have a high tolerance for and they effect you differently.

11. Low oxygen level in the blood.

12. Anemia

Even then if one has all these symptoms, I strongly suggest for others to go to their MD to make sure you do not have a disorder or disease of somesort. Along with this said, some that have alot of these symptoms, may have a mental disorder. The true way is to know within yourself, along with research, and if these symptoms becom stronger. I in no way, by giving these symptoms, pertain to be a doctor nor stating for fact that if you have them all, that you are i deed a vamppyre.
Old 07-19-01   #27
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,583
Hmmm you seem to like to restate the top paragraph a lot.. I still say.. Bah.. a hybrid... you are not... I can truthfully answer yes to most of your happy ass questions and I am not a Vampire... do you think that if there were truly Vamps they would let us in any way be aware of thier existence anyways... go grab another cheesy gothic romance and plunge your nose into it.... seems that is the only truth ye know....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-19-01   #28
Nightfarer
Face in the Mist

Nightfarer
For Christs Sake ...

::still laughing:: A Vampyre Checklist?
where did you get that ?? Halloween issue of a teen magazine?

May I suggest, White Orchid, that you take greater care in what you say on this forum, i for one found your post very offensive. Compared to some in this community i know little about what these vampyres believe in and consequently I am always careful to respect them and to never present myself with any undue grandure. I am here to learn more and to mix with people like myself who are enthralled by the beauty and mystique of vampirism.
However, i think it is safe for me to say that no one here needs you to help diagnose them as a vampyre and that perhaps you should strive not to educate us but to be educated by us.
Old 07-19-01   #29
Kali_rose
New Blood

Kali_rose
Credits: 1,308
Vampyre checklist <g>

For one, i agree with nightfarer, as much as i am here to learn about the views of others on this controvertial subject, i find your list of symtoms arrogent Whiteorchid. To be able to list a definitive guide of what is a vampyre and what is not, is ridiculus. Far from a medical condition, the modern vampyre surely is under a self-imposed lable; a definition which they themselves have created. To list symtoms and say "this is vampyre", is suffocating to free thought and against common sense, furthermore to define who cannot be a vampyre, is frankly offensive.
Old 07-20-01   #30
Almaric
Lurks in the Shadows

Almaric
Credits: 3,824
I am not gothic, just an observer...

I agree with Kali Rose...somewhat...

I, on the other hand, think that people who drink hemoglobin from others are just plain stupid and sick(in the head). I can not understand why these foolish people would do such a thing!? I mean it's immoral and inflicting on people's rights as a society. Instead of drinking blood or being a "donor"(that's putting it mildly, why not say a weak minded individual who does not care for oneself or is just being as stupid as the "drinker"), why not give your blood to someone who needs it more than you do, like a young child who can probably create a better life than you have created!!! I am not saying that this behaviour shocks me, we live in an era flooded with all types of media. In the early nineteen hundreds, this behaviour was mostly unheard of, and the few cases that did occur were immediately snuffed. Now adays, you see freaks walking the streets with heads bowed reverently in case they happen to look up into a fist, lo and behold, the people that promote those violent acts should be punished as well, which in most cases they are! But seriously, you "freaks" or "goths", whichever you prefer, need to wake up and realize that you are part of an art form, another fantastical piece of fiction! You are not part of society when you dress up like that!? I am not saying you have to conform to what society wants, always remember to be yourself, but, you can not go out onto the streets and expect society to accept you as a part of reality, because you're not!!! You "goths" are a part of fantasy, not reality!!!

Let me make one thing clear: Vampires are not real!!! They are fictional entities produced from the minds of men!! They do not exist or have ever existed since the dawn of time!! They are illusions to answer our neanderthal questionings of terrible deeds done to the community or what-have-you...Nobody can be a vampire, you can state that you are a vampire and mayhap even convince a bunch of gullible children and some adults that you are one but, in the end you are just a human being that can live and DIE just like everything else on this planet.

The thing that bothers me is the fact that once someone has told a lie to themselves so many times over, they actually start to believe themselves that they are a part of that lie. They become blind to the truth, their mind fogged with illusions of grandeur and they think they hold power over these gullible individuals, the ones stupid enough to follow the lamb into slaughter...It was one of St. Lucifer's greatest tricks, the lie...the gullible and the weak is what this demon preyed upon and he knew full well that once a lie is told, it comes back on that individual ten-fold eventually. I have learned this the hard way, and I never want to learn it again!!!

You people better start taking notes and start paying attention to who you influence, or the people you care most about...will suffer alongside you on your selfish, idiotic path to destruction...

I hate to see human lives wasted like this because of the fact that they cannot be themselves, they have to become imitations of what they see and hear...I am not saying you should go to church to redeem yourselves because it didn't work for me either...all im saying is look inside yourself for the REAL answers and forget the VOICES....BE YOURSELF...
DISTURBED
Old 07-20-01   #31
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
I did not notice the earlier question.... I could not give a shit whether it is socially acceptable or not.... sex is not even as bad as directly drinking someones blood.... with sex you can do the whole condom, foam thing... which can save your ass.... believe me.. my friend died in 1993 from AIDS.... at the very young age of 23..... he had a Girlfriend all the way up till the day he died... thye used to have sex all the time... they were smart and used protection and she never caught the disease... protection does work... there is no protection when imbibing someones blood... and there are no assurances... so the fuck what... great they have been tested.... I said this somewhere else and I will say it again... HIV can remain undetected for YEARS.... regardless of testing..... sex is far different than drinking blood.... and sometimes sex is just as socially unnacceptable.....

S.O.D.

Old 07-20-01   #32
Nightfarer
Face in the Mist

Nightfarer
Apologies

I'm sorry,
you and your narrow minded views must've stumbled onto the wrong forum.
I suggest you leave as you are so obviously uncomfortable with the company.
Old 07-20-01   #33
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Hey night... you speaking to me???
If so please explain why you think I am close minded...
seeing as how you have not a clue I will take an impartial explanation...

S.O.D.

Old 07-20-01   #34
Nightfarer
Face in the Mist

Nightfarer
No, sorry

Dyshade i was posting in refernace to Almaric, sorry
Old 07-20-01   #35
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Oh sorry I try to ignore him... hehe... he tends not to make much in the way of sense... oh well... my misunderstanding... forgive my words if they seemed rude...

S.O.D.

Old 07-21-01   #36
Almaric
Lurks in the Shadows

Almaric
Credits: 3,824
Don't worry about it Nightfarer...

Excuse me but I was just trying to look at the big picture here...most of you guys seem to believe in your nightmares or visions...which is perfectly okay and great fun sometimes but as long as you know the difference between reality and fantasy then you have no problems. Some people out there tend to lean towards the fantastical point of view and this can be bad, it is how some people wind up in asylums.

There always has to be a balance in one's life to achieve the fullness of living. If one strays from the path to follow the dark side then they will suffer the consequences, same as if one decides to follow the path of light or good then they will also suffer the consequences. Too much of either path will lead to one's destruction. My opinion has always been to follow the straight and narrow, the middle path, where you can get the best of both worlds but still stay out of harms way.

Nightfarer, I had no intention of pissing people off, I was simply stating my opinion and giving some advice to those that would listen. My views are not narrowminded, just wise. If you choose not to heed my views then you are perfectly welcome to ignore them, just like I ignore yours or somebodyelse's if I do not agree with them. There will always be disagreements on here especially when you are dealing with people who hold a lot of anger and pain and hate in them. Most people think this is a place where they can vent their emotions which they would be perfectly right in thinking so. I think of this place as a "writer's workshop", a place where people can brush up on their writing skills and mayhap become something better in which case would be excellent in my opinion. The more educated people we produce, the better our world will be
DISTURBED
Old 07-21-01   #37
embryo
my tears washed god away

embryo
Credits: 9,462
i dunno wether i live closeby...i haven't got a fuckin clue where middlesborough is...but i'm 13, female, blooddrinker and i live in birmingham. email me at fucktheworld@gothcities.com for anything...

tell your boyfriend i said thanks.

it's never too late to start wasting your life.

fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.