Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

Old 06-21-03   #1
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

just got this game and its great... the first few levels are really dark and moody... im up to the fifth level of the Paris section, and ive written walkthrough's for everything previous to where i am now...

you can find them @ Tomb Raider Girl's website

im trying to get them on gamefaqs.com as well, but they require you have a non-Free email address (so NO hotmail or yahoo... that sucks) to register... ah well...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03   #2
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
I'm sorry, but I've had enough of this Tomb Raider stuff. Unless this game is completely different, I see no reason to waste my money. Its not so much a series as it is an adventure in marketing: "How many times can we sell the same game?"

Each installment offers nothing more than better and bouncier boobs for Lara Croft...the first one was good, two was OK, but it should've ended there.
Old 06-22-03   #3
errantrogue
which one, though?

whatever... im enjoying it... though it didnt take long to become a chore (redoing levels over and over for the walkthroughs...)

still... i find it a refreshing take on the game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 06-23-03   #4
Seph
Pro Bono Gigolo

Location: Hit my sig link and see RavenBlack City for yourself.
Seph is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,861
I have to agree with w0rd, the franchise is being done to death, if there was a continuing story ala LoK then I might feel differently, but who am I to complain, the revenues from TR fund LoK.

^^ New lightning fast server.
Old 06-23-03   #5
errantrogue
which one, though?

bah... thats like saying they shouldnt do any more final fantasies... or zeldas... or Kains for that matter... so what if they have a franchise... as long as it keeps puting out engrossing material who am i to care? i still enjoy james bond movies...

Old 06-23-03   #6
thefinalw0rd

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
I don't find TR very engrossing anymore...they were tedious and repetitive...

Bond can never die, and that's just that...
Old 06-24-03   #7
errantrogue
which one, though?

god, the same can be said for bond... the only thing that changes over the years are the actors and the gadgets...

Old 06-24-03   #8
thefinalw0rd

And the plot of the evil guy...

There's at least enough variation to keep them interesting.
Old 06-24-03   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

kinda like tomb raider...

Old 06-24-03   #10
thefinalw0rd

If the only variation you require is a better looking body for Lara Croft, then have fun playing the game behind a locked door in your bathroom...
Old 06-24-03   #11
Minion_of_Hell
Horny Demon

Minion_of_Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 19,659
Dude, this TR is supposed to be a lot different than the old ones. They took her out of the caverns and tombs, put her in the city, and framed for murder. Its not suppsedto be a linear game with only one right way through it. Theres even another playable character. So you should actually play the game before you completely count the game out.

Old 06-24-03   #12
errantrogue
which one, though?

Quote:
Originally posted by Minion_of_Hell
Dude, this TR is supposed to be a lot different than the old ones. They took her out of the caverns and tombs, put her in the city, and framed for murder. Its not suppsedto be a linear game with only one right way through it. Theres even another playable character. So you should actually play the game before you completely count the game out.
good point... divirging paths... interactive charchters... no more infinite pistols (kinda miss those)... gambling... etc... this is a much deeper game than those that have come before.

Old 06-24-03   #13
Matter_Of_Shame
Awesome Andy's AWSUMfries

Location: Awesome Andy's Awesome Take-out Window...Of Awesomeness
Matter_Of_Shame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 48,842
i read an article about that in the newspaper at work today. it's true that there are different paths to take in the game, and eventually you get to play as some beefy guy. but i think it's reasonable to say there's too much hype about this one. still, it's not a bad game to try out.

so stop being crybabies and just go play it, no one will think you're being too mainstream. what's the matter, too scared that your neighbors might see you playing something that their 8 year old son is enjoying as well? well then, you're a bitch. a Grade-A bitch. Get over it, I'll still consider you cool.
Old 06-24-03   #14
nathan
µ-ziq

nathan
Credits: 3,437
it sounds different.. the only game i ever played was tb 1, which i loved.

dark and moody sounds nice, im definetly getting it as soon as i get the money.
Old 06-24-03   #15
thefinalw0rd

I still need to get Enter the Matrix...that's my priority right now. Maybe I'll check it out, but I might wait until I can get it used...I'll need to see something that makes me more sure about it.
Old 06-25-03   #16
errantrogue
which one, though?

Quote:
Originally posted by Matter_Of_Shame
i read an article about that in the newspaper at work today. it's true that there are different paths to take in the game, and eventually you get to play as some beefy guy. but i think it's reasonable to say there's too much hype about this one. still, it's not a bad game to try out.

so stop being crybabies and just go play it, no one will think you're being too mainstream. what's the matter, too scared that your neighbors might see you playing something that their 8 year old son is enjoying as well? well then, you're a bitch. a Grade-A bitch. Get over it, I'll still consider you cool.
besides... Lara's got a tight ass...

Old 06-26-03   #17
MorphlingROR
Gatherer of knowledge

MorphlingROR is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,331
Looking at the screenshots it seems like the game became.. more stealthy in approach? Am I right about that? Anyway, it seems to me like the game have changed enough to want to try it out. Too bad my video card is old and doesn't support hardware TnL...
Old 06-26-03   #18
Matter_Of_Shame
Awesome Andy's AWSUMfries

Location: Awesome Andy's Awesome Take-out Window...Of Awesomeness
Matter_Of_Shame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 48,842
yeah. apparently now you can sneak around in shadows and dark places instead of running balls out against a swarm of enemies. it would be pretty cool if you could get instant kills by sneaking up on them.
Old 06-26-03   #19
errantrogue
which one, though?

Quote:
Originally posted by Matter_Of_Shame
it would be pretty cool if you could get instant kills by sneaking up on them.
actually... yeah, it is...

Old 06-26-03   #20
MorphlingROR
Gatherer of knowledge

MorphlingROR is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,331
One more reason to finally get an upgrade then...