Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page The Hulk

Old 06-15-03   #1
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Location: at home getting hammered while shes out getting nailed
Dirge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,744
The Hulk

Does this bother anyone besides me. WHY DOES THE HULK WEAR PANTS!?? i mean he stars as a regular sized guy right, ands when he hulks out all his regular clothes get torn up so would it not follow that the Hulk would not have any pants? Whre do those blue pants come from?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-03   #2
Lillith

I saw the trailer, it looked so bloody lame I will not bother wasting my money going to see this. Exactly, the bits of pants that remain should be purple. Everything about it looks lame...
Old 06-15-03   #3
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

I dont know Ang Lee is directing, he does good work and is not very hollywood, then again it does look like a typical summer blockbuster
Old 06-16-03   #4
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
NO!!!!! I want it to be good!!! It HAS to be good!!!!! It IS good!!!!!!!!

*sticks fingers in ears* ALALALALALALALALALALA.....
Old 06-17-03   #5
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
He has pants so you cant see his Hulk cock. I mean the Sliver Surfer has sliver underpants and Nova has no nipples fergawdsake.
Golden Rule: Whenever you see something strange like that happen...Dr Strange did it.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 06-21-03   #6
lovecraftian~tentacle
Darkness Incarnate

lovecraftian~tentacle is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,743
oooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy..........

i realize that these big films do take a lot to get done. pre-production. shooting for months. then post production. editing, FX, scoring etc. but you would think in all the time during this whole process, that somebody, be it the director or the producers or the executives at the studio, hell even a caterer, would be able to see that something just isnt right. that there is something here or there in the movie that is just wrong. a bad creative decision or simply a bad choice and that this would be mentioned to somebody in control of the whole thing that gosh, this may not work and needs to be fixed or re-thought. yeah. you would think that.

this is what plagues HULK. to me, there are some great moments here. stuff that really got me fired up. but these interesting ideas or what have you would suddenly be lost or undermined by a completely wrong headed decison on the parts of the film makers. just something that would be so glaringly obvious that it does NOT work! and it made sitting there watching this movie frustrating as hell! hits and misses. highs and lows throughout the entire thing. it makes for one confusing viewing.

eric bana as banner was neither here nor there for me really. they needed to tweak this character more in some way. he just didnt seem to have a real presence.

jennifer connelly, god love 'er. solid through the whole thing. absolutely no problem with her or her perfomance.

ahhhh....nick nolte. had this kind of cool mad scientist thing-a-ma-joo going on. he has moments of quiet menace that would be shattered by a scene of him hamming it up. too bad.

all those people complaining about the fx. turns out that this is the least of the problems. i think the majority of it looks nice. well done. but as with all fx there is no 100%. some iffy moments with the fx as well. seeing my pattern here? ;}

there is a unique editing to the film that has to be mentioned simply because it goes on during the whole film. interesting wipes and pans and cuts within a scene. but! there is ONE quick editing shot that made me groan and pretty much derailed the film for me. it just came out of nowhere and was one of those bad decisions that i talked about earlier.

i think the problem stems from this. many of these directors who make a super hero or a comic book inspired film try to make a "living" comic book. that is the wrong way to go with this material. do not try to make the comic book. we have those already. try to make a MOVIE! play it straight. these things work well in the comic book medium. work well animated. but as soon as you try live action, you walk a fine line. i have stated this before, there is an inherent silliness to these things that live action makes even more obvious. that is why that this stuff has to be treated delicately and with respect to the source. look at X2. played straight and sorta serious. it WORKS! why cant more directors figure this out?

i really thought that ang lee was going to hit this out of the park. i think his intentions were good. his execution was not so good. all we got here is a wasted opportunity that should have been so much more. what a shame.
Old 06-22-03   #7
Dirge
Cute as 3.14

Well I just saw the Hulk, not to bad they didnt over do it on the effects, I thought. I cant decide if I liked the spilt screens for that comic book effect. Jenefer Conely, well I've been madly in love with her since the Rocketeer! al in all I thought it was different enough to entertain
Old 06-24-03   #8
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirge
Jenefer Conely, well I've been madly in love with her since the Rocketeer! al in all I thought it was different enough to entertain
ASS... TO... ASS...

requiem... *shudders* such a sad movie...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 06-24-03   #9
Archangel
GÕTHÎÇ Ð®ÊÅMS® Ãr¢hængÊ£

Archangel
Credits: 23,716
I saw it, slow start but they had to introduce the characters....

I enjoyed it, good movie.

Ang Lee did a great fucking job directing it. Some very memorable scenes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for clicking

Old 06-24-03   #10
Corpse_Fuker
Moans in the Night

Corpse_Fuker
Credits: 4,030
Let me start by saying overall I liked the film. However I thought Eric Bana was HORRIBLE as Bruce Banner. Something about him made me want to punch him in the face. I loved all the action scenes, good stuff although a bit weird at times. However, the ending was HORRIBLE!! Hated the ending with a passion. And based totally on that fact I can't really suggest spending $8 on this. Wait for the DVD if ya really want to see this.
[color=sky blue]When I was eight years old, my mother told me... [/color] "Your nothing but a smoldering ember in the mighty furnace of the damned. You will never ammount to anything...so why even try..."

A Rogues Gallery...