Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Walking w/prehistoric beasts

Old 12-11-01   #1
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,949
Walking w/prehistoric beasts

On the discovery channel.It was rather interesting, as well as the seperate one hour special on the human evolution. It said that the first remote sign of ape was as tiny as a lemur, a nocturnal tree dweller. Then, it soon turned into a larger ape on was capable of walking upright,on the ground, showing signs of human behavior. feelings,creating social groups. after that, there was the neandrathal, the human things with the big brows,and sloped foreheads,and round noses. then there was the cro magnon,then us. Is it just me, or does it look to have alot of gaps in between these level's. first of all, how could the tree climber evolve so fast into an upright walking ape creature,and travel to land, so fast?Before neandrathal, there seems to be a missing link, seeing is how it would be quite impossible to evolve from an savage ape creature, to a more smarter human resembling caveman.So, i see two missing links in our family tree. One of them, could very well be bigfoot, or the yeti or something.

Opinion:

Is this the last stage? or just another blink in time? what do you think is the next step?

my opinion would be the next step of evolution would be man made. The earth will wear out,and there are plans to construct a massive space ship(saw that on another special), when this happens, to search space for a new world. In order to do that, the human DNA structure would have to be given special abilities, such as extra arms,and legs,or more eyes, or more internal organs. And the new world would have to be adaptable by us...what if its a world under the sea, or a world in the sky, wings,and flippers would have to given. but there is no chance that we, ourselves could grow those in evolution, its contradicting, so we're most likely going to do it ourselves.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-01   #2
QuantumGravity
dark uselessness

QuantumGravity
Credits: 3,621
Just a minor note, we are not actualy decended from neanderthal but we do share a common ancestor. I think i have discussed this on another post but i cant remeber. The gaps are probably where we have yet to find any/many remains of species in between
Old 12-11-01   #3
*SpaceGhost*
none

if we werent, it would be quite weird, since they do share alot of common behavior traits with humans, I know we're not decended DIRECTLY from them, but there are alot of gaps to be filled. I wish someone would put thier interest in, rather than storm through threads, posting contradicting comments, to reassure one of thier intelligence. gosh, what was i thinking posting here again.
Old 12-12-01   #4
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
i've posted what my thoughts on evolution before and to me, it doesn't make sense. if we did evolve we should be trippin up all over the evidence. the missing links are still missing despite efforts to find them.

it's quite odd though how many skeletal structures have been imagined from a bone fragments. they found a tooth i think and they dreamt up one of the links from it. it turned out to be some animal that had already been discovered.

no it doesn't make sense to me either that there are 1000s of years with no evolutionary change in a species and then suddenly they change so aruptly they ressemble a different species althougher. nope don't believe it. if evolution existed, there should be all the shades in between and plenty of evidence of it.

also, say there is this evolution we speak of. and we evolved from the most simple basic life form. how does a nothing turn into a something? i was reading something a while ago and the guy talks about how he meets this guy that mentions how it's very difficult to develope a synthetic eye or something because it has had millions of years to develope to it's present state. but if so, how come there isn't any evidence of partly developed eyes? and if so, it doesn't make any sense. evolution from what i gather is the developement for the better, but what is a life form going to do with a partly developed eye? unless it's anticipating the future eyes, it serves no purpose. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

and that is the que for some believer to pipe up with some god story...
Old 12-12-01   #5
QuantumGravity
dark uselessness

QuantumGravity
Sorry i didnt clarify my point wot i meant to say was there are gaps between us and neanderthals for the very reason that we are not descended from them, sorry if this sounded like a stab at your theory and i agree there are a few gaps in evolution
Old 12-12-01   #6
Feroluce
Brain Candy

Feroluce is on a distinguished road
Credits: 99,922
Gaps in Evolution? more like Chasams

As for Neanderthals becoming something like Bigfoot or the yeti, it's the only plausable expalanation.

As for short periods of time? we're talking millions of years.

© Feroluce™ 2001-11, The authors, affiliates and their subsidiary companys accept no responsability for any coherence in the above or any aforementioned or prior correspondance. The above opinion may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.
Old 12-12-01   #7
nathan
µ-ziq

nathan
Credits: 3,437
the problem with this is that none of you, including me, have enough information to draw conclusions like that.
for someone to come up with a theory he needs much more resources than the discovery channel heh.
Old 12-12-01   #8
Feroluce
Brain Candy

Feroluce is on a distinguished road
Credits: 99,922
Not for philosophy.

In here you can ask the question "if you were traveling in a car at the speed of light and you turned on the headlamps, would they do anything?" it's because there are no answers that it's philosophy, as soon as you have an answer to that question it becomes physics.

The same with Evolution, as soon as you can actually answer the question it ceases to be Philosophy and becomes Anthropology.

The Beauty with Philosophy is noone can ever be proven wrong as there are no facts to prove

© Feroluce™ 2001-11, The authors, affiliates and their subsidiary companys accept no responsability for any coherence in the above or any aforementioned or prior correspondance. The above opinion may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs.
Old 12-13-01   #9
*SpaceGhost*
none

nah, im sorry quantum, it sounded like i was being a dick, i was little aggitated from the start anyhow. The discovery channel rocks!! and i dont really need alot of resources to make a theory, but i do need more to make a big, closely-accurate theory. the show just made me think.

like, why are design,and evolution two seperate things? why couldent have there been both? becuz BC, before christ, is when the dinosaurs ruled. Maybe there are other supreme beings, beings who made up the universe,and the dinosuars,and then the caveman, then the man...then jesus came along, but he was worthy enough to be made god over the world, so he rose from the dead, then so on... thats just a small theory..it could be plausible,no?

There are endless ways to go
Old 12-19-01   #10
Crucifix Angel

This thing about Jesus being the son of god is a load of crap, especially born from a virgin. He probably didn't even exist & I could care less. Guy died to save us from our sins..whatever. Rose from his tomb..whatever..& where is he now? Then I don't even want to mention him walking over water, a talking snake to Eve, feeding all those people with a few fish & bread, & Noah's Ark..

Doesn't make sense he would proclaim to be the son of god AFTER humanity already existed..suppose people didn't even know what a god was..would he still have said he was the son of god?

btw ever heard of those crying Mary statues? probably just some chemical reaction in the material of the statues from the air in the environment it's in..

Since the dinosaurs existed first we know the story of Adam & Eve isn't true. One of my Confirmation teachers (back when I was Catholic) told me it's fake..& I believe that, especially when you consider the unbelievable miracle stories.

Last edited by Crucifix Angel; 12-19-01 at 01:27.
Old 12-19-01   #11
DeeeeShevil
Real Deshy

DeeeeShevil is on a distinguished road
Credits: 67,924
the dna is a mysterious thing. it made us who were are nowadays. the only difference between us and a neanderthal is that well we evolved from it. it all has to do with natural selection. plus then there are some defects that the body goes through. i may delete a chromosome pair or translocate it. genetcis can be a very interesting thing when it comes to finding out what you are looking for. pretty soon we'll be living the life of the characters in jurassic park because we do have the technology and capablility of making it all possible.

plus i bet you that a tree and human are related. just the dna sequencing are different.
Old 12-23-01   #12
Crucifix Angel

In my post: "Since the dinosaurs existed first we know the story of Adam & Eve isn't true."

Another reason I don't believe in the story of Adam & Eve..no one was around to witness it..pretty obvious
Old 12-24-01   #13
worthlesslife
Face in the Mist

worthlesslife
Credits: 945
Re: Walking w/prehistoric beasts

Quote:
Originally posted by *SpaceGhost*
Is this the last stage? or just another blink in time? what do you think is the next step?
I think that we are going to kill ourselves off eventually; too smart for our own good, too much stress on our resources.

I saw a special somewhere (dicovery?) that said something to the effect that we were pretty much the same thing as cro-magnon, but the neanderthals were like a different species or something. whateva. :metalhead

"it infuriates me to be wrong when i know i'm right." - moliere

well drug me insensate and call me normal!
Old 12-26-01   #14
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Credits: 127,234
Quote:
Originally posted by masochist
i've posted what my thoughts on evolution before and to me, it doesn't make sense. if we did evolve we should be trippin up all over the evidence. the missing links are still missing despite efforts to find them.

it's quite odd though how many skeletal structures have been imagined from a bone fragments. they found a tooth i think and they dreamt up one of the links from it. it turned out to be some animal that had already been discovered.

no it doesn't make sense to me either that there are 1000s of years with no evolutionary change in a species and then suddenly they change so aruptly they ressemble a different species althougher. nope don't believe it. if evolution existed, there should be all the shades in between and plenty of evidence of it.

also, say there is this evolution we speak of. and we evolved from the most simple basic life form. how does a nothing turn into a something? i was reading something a while ago and the guy talks about how he meets this guy that mentions how it's very difficult to develope a synthetic eye or something because it has had millions of years to develope to it's present state. but if so, how come there isn't any evidence of partly developed eyes? and if so, it doesn't make any sense. evolution from what i gather is the developement for the better, but what is a life form going to do with a partly developed eye? unless it's anticipating the future eyes, it serves no purpose. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

and that is the que for some believer to pipe up with some god story...
Masochist? You're a phecking genius!

For the rest of you babbling about millions and billions of years, a well concealed scientific fact is that Earth is less than 10,000 years old. And human society? Has anyone else noticed that records of human existence didn't fade in, they frickin EXPLODED about 5 or so thousand years ago.

DNA & evolution clash in themselves. A .000something change in one little blob on a DNA strand is frickin fatal. In a few thousand years, do you see frickin intelligent and sentient people, as well as millions of species of EVERYTHING developing from a blob of primordial schleim with those DNA limits?

Evolution is so full of crap it hurts to breathe . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 12-26-01   #15
QuantumGravity
dark uselessness

QuantumGravity
Erm just a little question where did u get the idea that the earth is less than 10,00 years old? by my understanding it is much older than this, and there are many techniques to prove that the earth ia at the least a bit older than 10,000 years. I would like to hear ur reasoning behind that statement?
Old 12-27-01   #16
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Quote:
Originally posted by QuantumGravity
Erm just a little question where did u get the idea that the earth is less than 10,00 years old? by my understanding it is much older than this, and there are many techniques to prove that the earth ia at the least a bit older than 10,000 years. I would like to hear ur reasoning behind that statement?
It's been a few years since I've researched this, but from memory, one reason has to do with the way the sun shrinks at an hourly rate. By reversing this rate even by a few million years, the earth would be touching the sun. The dating systems that they use to call things millions & billions of years old-- the people who developed them said that they were inaccurate past 3 or 4 thousand years. The fossilisation of things aren't even all that impressive-- I saw this photograph of a foot in a cowboy boot both fossilised as completely as any of their 'missing links' skeletal whatnots.

*starts bashing at her head* TRYING TO REMEMBER . . . Grr. There was so much . . . all of which eludes me at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 12-28-01   #17
QuantumGravity
dark uselessness

QuantumGravity
They may be inaccurate past 3 or 4 thousand years but not the sort of innacuracy ur talking about (over 10000% out is a big innacuracy). Also u assuame that the rate of change of the size of the sun is constant which im sure it isnt, as there was a point when the sun is smaller than it is at the moment
Old 12-28-01   #18
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Quote:
Originally posted by QuantumGravity
Also u assuame that the rate of change of the size of the sun is constant which im sure it isnt, as there was a point when the sun is smaller than it is at the moment
The source was a Christian thing & they were making sure you knew that they weren't bullshitting, so for every fact they put down, they had these big lists of secular scientists & institutes that agreed with or backed up their evidence.

Although I can't remember any of the stuff I learned, I do know that evolution is full of horse hockey.

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 12-29-01   #19
worthlesslife
Face in the Mist

worthlesslife
Credits: 945
humans have been around for at least 8,000 years-why dont any of the ancient books make specific, detailed references to dinosaurs? from what i remember from biology carbon half-life testing is a fairly accurate way of dating materials (within a couple million years-of course when you're dealing with something thats 65 million years old it doesn't make that much difference). just because something looks old on the outside doesnt mean it is. the theory of evolution has a lot of flaws, but i doubt it's a scientific conspiracy. evolution happens, at least on the bacterial level.

"it infuriates me to be wrong when i know i'm right." - moliere

well drug me insensate and call me normal!
Old 12-29-01   #20
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Quote:
Originally posted by worthlesslife
humans have been around for at least 8,000 years-why dont any of the ancient books make specific, detailed references to dinosaurs? from what i remember from biology carbon half-life testing is a fairly accurate way of dating materials (within a couple million years-of course when you're dealing with something thats 65 million years old it doesn't make that much difference). just because something looks old on the outside doesnt mean it is. the theory of evolution has a lot of flaws, but i doubt it's a scientific conspiracy. evolution happens, at least on the bacterial level.
I have a thread on dinosaurs somewhere on the Philosophy board-- if you've already been there, my apologies.

Why aren't there other sources? Because the Bible is THE oldest written source around. It's also the only antediluvian source-- and yes, The Flood is geologically supported.

I fucked Vincent Price