Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Gay marriage illegal?

Old 08-04-03   #81
Soulfull
Necessarily So

Soulfull is on a distinguished road
Credits: 68,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith
That is the specific point I was referring to. Asking why would they want to. Why shouldn't they be able to?
Why should a religion be forced to preform a ceremony that flies in the face of their beliefs. You can't be one-sided in upholding the rights of the individual.
Old 08-04-03   #82
Lillith

Why should a church propose to be based on the concept of LOVE and ACCEPTANCE yet be selective with its choices? Contradiction, no?
Old 08-04-03   #83
Priest
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Priest is on a distinguished road
Credits: 11,511
I personally think that gay marriages are more or less BS. I mean if it really comes down to it why bother. But the argument against gay people adopting kids to me is something I have an opinion on. I don't see why a loving and caring gay couple shouldn't be able to adopt a child. Having gay parents would not make the kid gay. I mean the gay people we have now came from straight families, so using that as an excuse is BS. If there are two loving adult parents who want to and are willing to, take in a child and raise them why say no. Look at how fucked up our teens to mid 20's genertion is now. Most of us were brought up in straight homes. That didn't prevent us from being just as fucked up as we are. There are millions and millions of disfunctional families rasing fucked up kids in america right now. Drunk fathers beating there kids, unwanted childeren being left in bus stops and dumpsters, crack addicted parents passed out in the bedroom while there 3 year old watches TV. If two gay people want to raise a child in a safe and productive home then let them. At least they WANT the kids, which is more then you can say for a lot of straight parents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-03   #84
Soulfull
Necessarily So

Soulfull is on a distinguished road
Credits: 68,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith
Why should a church propose to be based on the concept of LOVE and ACCEPTANCE yet be selective with its choices? Contradiction, no?
Yes, sure, I believe it's a contradiction. But the argument isn't about religious hypocrisy it's about religious freedom. You can't politically dictate to a church what their fundamental principles should be.....or there would be no freedom for any of us.
Old 08-05-03   #85
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

ShotDownStar will become famous soon enough
Credits: 169,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn
girl, get your damn pc fixed.
the PC is FINE its the damn internet...

i will officially be back on my own comp on Aug 18, cry baby.
Old 08-05-03   #86
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

and as for the thing with religion dictating against gay marriage, i really don't think all of them say "thou shalt not love one of the same sex." i think its mainly christianity, i don't think even judaism has anything against it.
Old 08-05-03   #87
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia~ow
I trust Marriage to you is strictly in the religious sense then?

I dunno, it's one of those things that people will always disagree about I guess.
to me its about both

legality, AND religion.

you need both for it to be MARRIAGE.

however i am NOT opposed to giving all some 1400 rights and privys to a gay couple provided that they are not MARRIED. if its a civil union OK its strictly legal and a personal choice of devotion, but when they say married we are talking an ANCIENT RELIGIOUS custom only afforded to men and women.. when gays start jumping on that when they can ge tthe same thing under a differnt name sans the religious jargon then we got a problem. and thats what theyre doing and it will not be tolerated. This gay school in NYC, will be an anti gay target should they continue on this path.
Old 08-05-03   #88
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownStar
and as for the thing with religion dictating against gay marriage, i really don't think all of them say "thou shalt not love one of the same sex." i think its mainly christianity, i don't think even judaism has anything against it.
Actually Judism, Christianity AND Islam preach against homosexuality. Buddhism doesnt mention it like it doesnt mention many things but if you go to any asian country they dont even have a WORD in thier language for gay, or homosexuality thats how frowned upon it is. You can be killed or imprisoned for life in China if youre gay. This basically means its a VERY frowned upon thing. Hell... gays should be hapy with what they got living in the US... almost anywhere else on earth they would be murdered almost immediately.
Old 08-05-03   #89
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownStar
the PC is FINE its the damn internet...

i will officially be back on my own comp on Aug 18, cry baby.
i'll show you cry baby when i smack that ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 08-05-03   #90
musicfan7
Face in the Mist

musicfan7
Credits: 597
That wouldn't make sense to make homosexual marriges illigal... especually, if I'm correct, that they just recently legalized ppl to be homosexual in the U.S. I dunno...the system sux...that's probably all I should've said at all in this thread.
Old 08-05-03   #91
asd
Autarch

asd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 13,789
Quote:
Actually Judism, Christianity AND Islam preach against homosexuality.
Whether homosexuality is preached against or not depends on the church. No single church has the final say, each has its own interpretation. Here are the Christian denominations that accept homosexuals:

The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Episcopal Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church
Metropolitan Community Church
Unitarian Universalist
United Church of Christ
Quakers (Religious Society Of Friends)

These are the Jewish congregations that accept gays:

Conservative Jews
Reform Jews
Reconstructionist Jews

In fact, the only congregation that doesn't accept homosexuality is the orthodox, and both the Reform and Reconstructionist accept openly gay rabbis and perform same-sex commitment ceremonies.

Denominations

Quote:
but if you go to any asian country they dont even have a WORD in thier language for gay, or homosexuality thats how frowned upon it is.
Now I'm convince you're just making stuff up, because the facts don't support anything you say.

The Chinese have had a word for gay as early as the sixth century: nanfeng. Other words denoting homosexual behaviour include nanse, duanxiu pi and pian, which means "joy of the half-eaten peach" alluding to the favorite dessert of emperors and their male lovers.

Japanese words for gay/gay behaviour: nanshoku, bi-do, and wakashudo.

Korean: namsaek.

Intolerance towards homosexuality in China and Japan is only a recent development in their histories and in Japan's case, due to the influence of Christian missionaries. Japan, during the era of the samurai, was as accepting of gay relationships as was Athens in its heyday in Ancient Greece. Nanshoku means “love of the samurai” and refers to the bond between samurai warriors and their apprentices.

Japanese History
Old 08-05-03   #92
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
Whether homosexuality is preached against or not depends on the church. No single church has the final say, each has its own interpretation. Here are the Christian denominations that accept homosexuals:

The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Episcopal Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church
Metropolitan Community Church
Unitarian Universalist
United Church of Christ
Quakers (Religious Society Of Friends)

These are the Jewish congregations that accept gays:

Conservative Jews
Reform Jews
Reconstructionist Jews

In fact, the only congregation that doesn't accept homosexuality is the orthodox, and both the Reform and Reconstructionist accept openly gay rabbis and perform same-sex commitment ceremonies.

Denominations

Now I'm convince you're just making stuff up, because the facts don't support anything you say.

The Chinese have had a word for gay as early as the sixth century: nanfeng. Other words denoting homosexual behaviour include nanse, duanxiu pi and pian, which means "joy of the half-eaten peach" alluding to the favorite dessert of emperors and their male lovers.

Japanese words for gay/gay behaviour: nanshoku, bi-do, and wakashudo.

Korean: namsaek.

Intolerance towards homosexuality in China and Japan is only a recent development in their histories and in Japan's case, due to the influence of Christian missionaries. Japan, during the era of the samurai, was as accepting of gay relationships as was Athens in its heyday in Ancient Greece. Nanshoku means “love of the samurai” and refers to the bond between samurai warriors and their apprentices.

Japanese History

Excellent and eloquent posts you write on this matter, well researched too. I do notice however, that Billy seems to ignore your posts, which has factual evidence instead of just hot air.
Old 08-05-03   #93
asd
Autarch

Quote:
you need both for it to be MARRIAGE

Then why are non-religious atheistic heterosexuals allowed to get married? Or would you denounce their marriages also?

Quote:
but when they say married we are talking an ANCIENT RELIGIOUS custom only afforded to men and women
Marriage, like any institution, undergoes change. That's why dowries are not an essential part of American weddings, when historically marriage was about the acquisition of property, not the love and devotion of two people. If maintaining ancient tradition is so important to you, then why don't you advocate dowries, arranged marriages, and polygamous marriages, all of which have had longer histories in tradition than our current formulation of marriage?

By the way, why haven't you responded to any of the points I raised in response to your false and ignorant claims about marriage and homosexuality?

Last edited by asd; 08-05-03 at 19:11.
Old 08-05-03   #94
asd
Autarch

Quote:
if I'm correct, that they just recently legalized ppl to be homosexual in the U.S. I dunno...the system sux...that's probably all I should've said at all in this thread.
What they legalized was sodomy, which was illegal for straights in nine different states and illegal for gays in thirteen different states, four of them targeting specifically gays.

Quote:
Excellent and eloquent posts you write on this matter, well researched too. I do notice however, that Billy seems to ignore your posts, which has factual evidence instead of just hot air.
I must have been writing up another response while you posted this, but I thank you for the support.
Old 08-05-03   #95
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
What they legalized was sodomy, which was illegal for straights in nine different states and illegal for gays in thirteen different states, four of them targeting specifically gays.

I must have been writing up another response while you posted this, but I thank you for the support.
Proctologists must have had a hard time

No worries, I enjoy reading your posts on this subject very much.
Old 08-05-03   #96
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
Actually Judism, Christianity AND Islam preach against homosexuality. Buddhism doesnt mention it like it doesnt mention many things but if you go to any asian country they dont even have a WORD in thier language for gay, or homosexuality thats how frowned upon it is. You can be killed or imprisoned for life in China if youre gay. This basically means its a VERY frowned upon thing. Hell... gays should be hapy with what they got living in the US... almost anywhere else on earth they would be murdered almost immediately.
islam? really? that's odd because there's a section about gay sex in the kama sutra....

edit: oh wait, i'm thinking hinduism
Old 08-05-03   #97
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
its still illegal in NC, infact anything but missionary position sex between a married man and woman is illegal. and the sad part is that law has actually been enforced.
Old 08-05-03   #98
asd
Autarch

Quote:
its still illegal in NC
The Supreme Court decision rendered unconstitutional the sodomy laws in all of the thirteen states that previously upheld them, including North Carolina. Sodomy is now legal everywhere in the United States.

Sodomy Laws
Old 08-05-03   #99
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
The Supreme Court decision rendered unconstitutional the sodomy laws in all of the thirteen states that previously upheld them, including North Carolina. Sodomy is now legal everywhere in the United States.

Sodomy Laws
when did this happen? damn people have been lyin to me.
Old 08-05-03   #100
asd
Autarch

Quote:
when did this happen?
June 26, 2003