Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Why hate that which birthed--

Old 03-27-06   #81
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 5,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
Nope. It could actually help.

Bullshit. Using a language helps you learn it. Pressing buttons does not.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06   #82
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Messiah
Bullshit. Using a language helps you learn it. Pressing buttons does not.
Oh so seeing your own language translated into another would not help you get a better grasp on a different language?

Wow.... astounding.

Now do you have anything on the topic to add???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-06   #83
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,472,360
Online translaters work just about as well as asking a 2 year old to translate for him.

Old 03-27-06   #84
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 656,265
Communism is a failed idea. Been proven time and time again. Capitalism begets progress and economic success without the expense of human life and freedom. How many countries in the world benefit from American capitalism? How many countries have economies that are almost exclusively supported my US dollars? Or have received US aid and US military assistance?

If you want to bitch about how we run shit, then stop taking the money. I'm allowed to bitch about how we run shit. I pay taxes. I live here. And that's the way the system works.

I hate European crapfaces who think they're entitled to an opinion on how we operate our nation. It's got to be pure jealousy. Anyone in America, legal or not, can go out and get a job. It may not be a great job, but I've supported myself on $7 an hour. So can anyone else. And THAT'S the great thing about capitalism. Everyone has the opportunity to better their lives. Everyone has the opportunity to make something of themselves. As fucked up as Amerca is, and as much as I disagree with our current administration, we've still got the best thing going. '

So... yeah. Not to anyone in particular, as I'm too nice to name names. Just throwing in my opinion. Yay capitalism.

Old 03-27-06   #85
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

theburningbush is on a distinguished road
Credits: 33,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
No. I see no danger in competition. Competition need not be hostile. Competition provides choice and choice always leads to choosing the best or what is within your means. It allows that whatever competition does not meet public criteria goes away.
you are looking the wrong direction. its not about violence . other nations are able to compete better then us. there labor is cheaper, doesnt have health insurance and unions ect ect. America should begin to come to terms with fact that in the coming generations we will not be "thee" world power (See England, Italy, Spain ect ect ect) The very thing we hang our hat on will be our ondoing. Dont get me wrong there is still no other place I would rather live and we will still be a great nation we just wont be able to bully as much.
Old 03-27-06   #86
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburningbush
you are looking the wrong direction. its not about violence . other nations are able to compete better then us. there labor is cheaper, doesnt have health insurance and unions ect ect. America should begin to come to terms with fact that in the coming generations we will not be "thee" world power (See England, Italy, Spain ect ect ect) The very thing we hang our hat on will be our ondoing. Dont get me wrong there is still no other place I would rather live and we will still be a great nation we just wont be able to bully as much.

That's ridiculous. England, Italy, and Spain will never be "the" world power(s). England is heading on the path of socio-economic destruction. You think America has immigration problems? Europe is the epitome of the term. If anyone's going to become a force to contend with it's China. Why do you think the USA delegates an entire committee to "watching" China? Economically, militarily, socially.

Old 03-27-06   #87
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady
That's ridiculous. England, Italy, and Spain will never be "the" world power(s). England is heading on the path of socio-economic destruction. You think America has immigration problems? Europe is the epitome of the term. If anyone's going to become a force to contend with it's China. Why do you think the USA delegates an entire committee to "watching" China? Economically, militarily, socially.
those would be examples of former world parties Iam sorry rereading it I can see where there could be some confusion
Old 03-27-06   #88
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Oh yes. In that case, you're perfectly correct. But I still hold firm that, barring a world war or other conflict with the USA, China will emerge as the leading superpower. I saw this fantastic documentary on Discovery Times I think it was... called The Rise of China. They made an interesting point: China adapted it's social system in order to ensure their economy would rise, instead of adapting their social system to the rise of their economy. And that's just fucking cool.

Old 03-27-06   #89
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
Quote:
And even then China is 100% dependant on American dollars. As soon as American dollars are withdrawn thier "growth" ends.
Old 03-27-06   #90
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Forget about that interdependancy. I stumbled upon this little gem a few minutes ago.

"This relationship is threatened by attempts that each side will make to leverage asymmetrical interdependence. In simple language, the US is dependent on Chinese purchases of dollar assets to sustain the crazy yield curves of low long-term interest rates. The Chinese are dependent on continued US household spending (driven by low interest rates, the housing bubble they produce, and the resultant wealth effect on homeowners who now save almost nothing and spend the proceeds of their home equity loans on Chinese – made goods at Ikea). That’s codependency, but it’s asymmetrical in a profound sense. Break the relationship, and the US risks recession and stagflation. The Chinese risk revolution – after all, 9% growth keeps the middle class on the track toward wealth and farm workers coming into the Chinese industrial economy employed. A recession in the US is a nuisance. A recession in China could mean the end of the communist party rule. If you are sitting in Beijing and watching John Snow pressuring you to float your currency, wouldn’t you wonder if this is a low-cost non-military US strategy aimed at regime change in China?

While it's an opinion piece written almost a year ago, I think it's a good summation. So in that case, who is slated to be the next global superforce should the USA fall out of the running?

Old 03-27-06   #91
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Forget about that interdependancy. I stumbled upon this little gem a few minutes ago.

"This relationship is threatened by attempts that each side will make to leverage asymmetrical interdependence. In simple language, the US is dependent on Chinese purchases of dollar assets to sustain the crazy yield curves of low long-term interest rates. The Chinese are dependent on continued US household spending (driven by low interest rates, the housing bubble they produce, and the resultant wealth effect on homeowners who now save almost nothing and spend the proceeds of their home equity loans on Chinese – made goods at Ikea). That’s codependency, but it’s asymmetrical in a profound sense. Break the relationship, and the US risks recession and stagflation. The Chinese risk revolution – after all, 9% growth keeps the middle class on the track toward wealth and farm workers coming into the Chinese industrial economy employed. A recession in the US is a nuisance. A recession in China could mean the end of the communist party rule. If you are sitting in Beijing and watching John Snow pressuring you to float your currency, wouldn’t you wonder if this is a low-cost non-military US strategy aimed at regime change in China?

While it's an opinion piece written almost a year ago, I think it's a good summation. So in that case, who is slated to be the next global superforce should the USA fall out of the running?
exactly we are one of the largest consumers in the world it becomes very improtant for these nations to maintain the value of the dollar to maintain the demand for there products (Japan is a great example) on the other hand it becomes very important for America to maintain the demand for its currency one of the reasons why we should be so happy oil is priced in American dollars (interesting side note Russia and China had the rights to a signifcant portion of Iraq's oil fields and it just so happens that Russia and China and forming an orginzation simliar to opac which wouldnt trade oil in American dollars oh-oh) forgein nations are really funding the war in iraq, katrina relief and the majority of our other programs, there is a reason why America has a deficeit and not a surplus, what do you think treasury bills are make no mistake about it we are mortgaging from sea to shining sea. what keeps us in the clear is that so many countries are vested in us. If you had all of your reteirment money in Enron Stock would you want to see the company fail.
Old 03-27-06   #92
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:

Well thats a pretty huge *if* if the USA fails? I mean if the USA fails the world will be probably a lot more screwed than we can imagine. Not just because of a powerful China.

Although I dont think China will be a superpower, a regional super power in Asia? Yes, but not globally. culturally, ecnomically, militarily theyre just too backwards.

All this China talk reminds me of the Japan talk in the 80s. Everyone had the same feeling, Japan will own the USA, theyre growing too fast, yadda yadda. They became ecnomically formidible but once thier growth got big enough that thier standard of living changed and thier production prices started increasing te USA stopped buying Japanese goods. You hardly see made in Japan anymore, even on electronics. There is always Toyota, but thats also mixed in with American investors now to a huge degree.

China is still backwards enough that thier labor force is still so cheap, as soon as that starts turning around they will be hit with a massive recession like Japan was and we will start complaining about the potential superpower India with all its growth and such.
Old 03-28-06   #93
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
Well thats a pretty huge *if* if the USA fails? I mean if the USA fails the world will be probably a lot more screwed than we can imagine. Not just because of a powerful China.

Although I dont think China will be a superpower, a regional super power in Asia? Yes, but not globally. culturally, ecnomically, militarily theyre just too backwards.

All this China talk reminds me of the Japan talk in the 80s. Everyone had the same feeling, Japan will own the USA, theyre growing too fast, yadda yadda. They became ecnomically formidible but once thier growth got big enough that thier standard of living changed and thier production prices started increasing te USA stopped buying Japanese goods. You hardly see made in Japan anymore, even on electronics. There is always Toyota, but thats also mixed in with American investors now to a huge degree.

China is still backwards enough that thier labor force is still so cheap, as soon as that starts turning around they will be hit with a massive recession like Japan was and we will start complaining about the potential superpower India with all its growth and such.
this is a valid point save for the fact that China is vastly diffrent then Japan. We went threw the same cycle as Japan went through in the 80's and that China/India is going threw now. What allowed us to grow into the major super prower as other nations fell by the way side, what kept Japan from becoming the world super power.

In my opinion three things allowed us to move to the forrfront and kept Japan in the background.

a) we still had a military
b) natural resources
c) diversity of culture

Japan had none of these attributes

China has a) and b) it remains to be seen if that is enough.
Old 03-28-06   #94
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

hahahaha diversity of culture... hahaha...

Actually diversity of culture is what destroys countries. Its what destroyed Rome, its what is destroying France.

Japan THE world super power hahaha..

sorry
ahahahahah
Old 03-28-06   #95
theburningbush
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
hahahaha diversity of culture... hahaha...

Actually diversity of culture is what destroys countries. Its what destroyed Rome, its what is destroying France.

Japan THE world super power hahaha..

sorry
ahahahahah
hahhhaa

if you have an existing culture that is now being impacted by a forgein culture that wont assimlate sure youll have problems. Rome is an interesting example I thought it was poltical corruption, over extension of miltary power, and a lack of strong central leadership that lead the countries downfall hey you know that sounds famliar and if you try to force your culture onto another society (values, goverment ect) of course there will be resistance you know that sounds famliar to

America as a developing nation lacked a cultural identity and combined several to develop the culture we have today.

This ability to adapt to change as a society is one of our strengths

I fail to see where I made Japan out to be the world power in fact I presented three reasons why they cant be and couldnt be
Old 03-28-06   #96
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburningbush
hahhhaa

if you have an existing culture that is now being impacted by a forgein culture that wont assimlate sure youll have problems. Rome is an interesting example I thought it was poltical corruption, over extension of miltary power, and a lack of strong central leadership that lead the countries downfall hey you know that sounds famliar and if you try to force your culture onto another society (values, goverment ect) of course there will be resistance you know that sounds famliar to

America as a developing nation lacked a cultural identity and combined several to develop the culture we have today.

This ability to adapt to change as a society is one of our strengths

I fail to see where I made Japan out to be the world power in fact I presented three reasons why they cant be and couldnt be
America is a perfect example of an existing culture being impacted by foreigners who won't assimilate. I can't go to the Winn-Dixie without getting pissed off because the labels are in English AND Spanish. I went to Chick-Fil-A last night, and there was a Mexican woman trying to order. She got pissed off when the guy behind the counter didn't understand her hand gestures and pointing and starting cussing him out in rapid-fire spanish. Now my espanol is mucho bad despite taking it for several years in high school.. but I know the phrase "chinga su madre", thanks to Carlos Mencia. I don't see this as a positive adaption to change. I see this as a huge mistake. Like Billy said, when you have such a huge influx of differing cultures, each refusing to conform to the normal standards, then you have the same problems as all of the EU. I think it puts us on an extremely unfavorable path.

Old 03-28-06   #97
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

English is not the official language of the United States. A very large portion of the population speaks spanish.

Old 03-28-06   #98
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g
English is not the official language of the United States. A very large portion of the population speaks spanish.
Ahem that "portion" technically doesnt exist since it wasnt included in the census. Damned illegals...
Old 03-28-06   #99
Qoji
Dark Q

Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Quote:
No, its just fucking realism.
Do you have a fucking crystal ball that sees into the future with 100% accuracy? If not, then I must question your realism.

Quote:
Grow up and step into the real world.
What exactly leads you to believe that I haven't done that already?

Quote:
In this world, hearts get broken, puppies get killed, and men hurt each other. Some crazy idealist utopia is never going to happen.
So...the fact that these events are taking place now means that they will always take place....is that what you're saying?

Quote:
You always fight the evil, you always try to make the world better, but only a fucking fool thinks that it will ever be completely gone.
Only a fucking fool says 'never.'
Old 03-28-06   #100
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoji
So...the fact that these events are taking place now means that they will always take place....is that what you're saying?
Yes.