Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Why hate that which birthed--
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-06   #1
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Why hate that which birthed--

the ability to carry on philosophical conversations without fear of death or censorship.

Democracy is beautiful as is the ability for every American to provide as much or little for themselves as they wish. Capitilism is wonderful and this pasted statement hits it on the head----

""""Despite the Fall of Communism, much disdain for commercial democracy remains. As Greek philosophy never came to appreciate the social, political, and economic context in which it originated, grew, and thrived, many modern intellectuals continue to despise the very kind of society in which they are uniquely to be found -- uniquely in great measure because the kind of society they evidently want would actually not allow them to express their own opinions, or to subsize such expression so lavishly, either at state expense (e.g. at state universities) or by guilty philanthropists (e.g. Ted Turner). So, although the Soviet Union is gone, like Sparta, and its vast experiment in common ownership and economic planning failed utterly, as well as being drenched in the blood of its victims, one would hardly know this listening to contemporary leftists and Marxists. The planning of a command economy still sounds like the wave of the future to them. """

I like
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06   #2
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin
 
thefr0g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,832
thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,472,324
I hate commies.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06   #3
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
I do not think I hate them. I just pity them. No upward mobility except by force. Which often leads to deaths
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06   #4
Qoji
Dark Q
 
Qoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Dark Continuum
Posts: 4,448
Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
I do not think I hate them. I just pity them. No upward mobility except by force. Which often leads to deaths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
people will always be violent.....
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06   #5
Darkyin
Embracer Of The Dark
 
Darkyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nowhere Important.
Posts: 255
Darkyin is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,093
Now, i do not agree with communism, i am a social libertarian, my views are very far removed from communisms.
So dont get me wrong when i say this.

Where are your arguements against communism?
you have quoted something which sounds for all the world like a toned down Ann Coulter diatribe, and appear to be using that as evidence as to why marxists suck and communism is bollocks.

Quotes do not count as evidence.
and could you please state some arguements of your own, or at least some arguements.

What was posted was not an arguement, it was a statement.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06   #6
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyin
Now, i do not agree with communism, i am a social libertarian, my views are very far removed from communisms.
So dont get me wrong when i say this.

Where are your arguements against communism?
you have quoted something which sounds for all the world like a toned down Ann Coulter diatribe, and appear to be using that as evidence as to why marxists suck and communism is bollocks.

Quotes do not count as evidence.
and could you please state some arguements of your own, or at least some arguements.

What was posted was not an arguement, it was a statement.
A statement can be a lead into a debate. It can also be the foundation of an argument. But that is all semantics. Communism does not promote freedom of speech nor thought. Both of which I steadfastly believe in.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #7
Darkyin
Embracer Of The Dark
 
Darkyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nowhere Important.
Posts: 255
Darkyin is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,093
I dont know why i am doing this, as it is going to be like banging my head off a wall.

Communism is an economic idea, based around social ones.
And at does not go against the ideas of free speech.

The various intepretations often do, but they are also created by assholes.
Maoism, Stalinism....Marxism &c.

If you are going to rail against that which we 'fought' against, then kindly call it its name.
Marxism.

Not communism, that was tried once and didnt do toooooo badly, it just kinda got stomped as part of collaterol damage in a war.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06   #8
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin
 
thefr0g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 7,832
thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,472,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoji
Just because he said people will always be violent doesn't mean he approves of, or is happy about this. Stop being so smug, you only look like a dick.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #9
Qoji
Dark Q
 
Qoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Dark Continuum
Posts: 4,448
Qoji is on a distinguished road
Credits: 79,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g
Just because he said people will always be violent doesn't mean he approves of, or is happy about this. Stop being so smug, you only look like a dick.
I never said he approves of it , or is happy about it. I'm just showing how pointless it is for him to try and show how communisim is bad because it leads to deaths when, according to him, violence is a foregone conclusion.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #10
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoji
I never said he approves of it , or is happy about it. I'm just showing how pointless it is for him to try and show how communisim is bad because it leads to deaths when, according to him, violence is a foregone conclusion.
Just because Violence is part of human nature does not mean we should not attempt to (as thefr0g put it) minimalize it. We should. Yes violence is foregone. It will always be with us. We are at our basest just another beast. Yet we are granted the ability to reason and as such can at least control our violent tendencies. Of course you shall always have those who cannot control it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #11
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica
 
Iron's Rite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Posts: 12,415
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
That's not true communism: Take religions as an example; examine most religions and the core tenents make sense and would be a benifit to the common good but humans twist these ideals to suit their own desires. Communism can function well in a form true to its tenents under extraodinary circumstances; such as in communes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyin
Not communism, that was tried once and didnt do toooooo badly, it just kinda got stomped as part of collaterol damage in a war.
Spain, 1939?
I do agree with Dyshade that capitalism gets a bad rap from those who have never had the chance to compare and contrast. Still, I think that capitalism needs limits to avoid over-corporatization and a way of encouraging the growth of smaller scale buisinesses to make things more well balanced.
__________________
de vagorum ordine dico vobis iura
fatue fatue
quid prodest tibi laborare
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #12
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin
 
Billy the Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Progressive HELL!!!
Posts: 19,441
Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
Yes it IS communism, as written of in the Communist Manifesto.
__________________
Tolerance is a virtue of a dying civilzation. Aristotle
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #13
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Small scale business CAN compete with corporations IF the owners of said businesses would insist on personal pride and never sell to corporations themselves. But you get money hungry assholes who decide that it would be better to fold thier local business and sell off to the corporation. You cannot limit Capitalism without ripping out its heart.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #14
Arcole
Frozen Horror
 
Arcole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 2,165
Arcole is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,975
What about Spain 1939?, ask and I'll answer.

Anarchy was possible then, in fact, in the cruel middle of a war... it was established productively... but dogs of war and greed didn't want it there and will never want. Those are my enemies. No other ones.
Even shooting enemiens in the front line, bullets are willing to reach some motherfucker governor or general giving orders to me. Fuck both sides. The skin is in play...

Stupid innocent he who thinks peace can be possible while money AND usure exists, while sources AND greed exists... and a mid-hidden jerarchy.
You can put glue in the hole... but you better wait for your turn in death.
__________________
A truth, a death...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #15
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
So, Arcole, I take it you are predisposed toward Communism?

If so please tell me how it would be better for the world if Communism was the one political state of mind.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #16
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin
 
Billy the Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Progressive HELL!!!
Posts: 19,441
Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
I am still waiting for Arcole to send me all his money that he hates so much. Makes sense that he would considering I love money and he hates it.
__________________
Tolerance is a virtue of a dying civilzation. Aristotle
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #17
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
First off, anyone who thinks that communism is not a bad idea is very wrong. Communism is evil in its tenants and strips every one of its citizens of thier basic human rights.
There is no ownership. All citizens are stripped of the basic right of owning jack. Communism has home grown some of the worst genocidal national leaders in history---Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Kim Jong-Il. That is just to name a few. Communism is based on junk economic theories and destroys any ideal of individuality.
Philosophy, Human Compassion, Idealistic Thought, Individuality, Human Rights, are all destroyed by the Communistic Ideal.

Do not delude yourself. Communism is a very real evil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #18
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica
 
Iron's Rite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Posts: 12,415
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
What about my analogy towards communist control Vs. Religious control? Would you agree that the evil itself extends from when it is used as an institutionalized control mechanism; rather then the system in it of itself?
__________________
de vagorum ordine dico vobis iura
fatue fatue
quid prodest tibi laborare
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #19
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin
 
SilentShade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Whispers
Posts: 22,148
SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron's Rite
What about my analogy towards communist control Vs. Religious control? Would you agree that the evil itself extends from when it is used as an institutionalized control mechanism; rather then the system in it of itself?
I would not agree. Communism is inherently Anti-humanistic. It does not propogate individuality nor self-assurance and pride.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06   #20
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin
 
Billy the Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Progressive HELL!!!
Posts: 19,441
Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
I would not agree. Communism is inherently Anti-humanistic. It does not propogate individuality nor self-assurance and pride.
Not to mention is literally tears apart the basic human family unit making us all into little worker drones.
__________________
Tolerance is a virtue of a dying civilzation. Aristotle
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Musical Pet Peeves (antihero) Entertainment 10 10-01-08 13:51
"SOLACE's DARK HANG OUT" SOLACE Socialize 9991 05-30-06 00:30
I Hate Jack Thompson!!! TwiztidClown Entertainment 2 10-26-05 21:19
another tale from yours truly (splatterpunk) sixxx(sic)six Mayhem 15 05-02-05 06:27
lemme tell ya why i hate dogs sixxx(sic)six Topic Discussions 18 05-01-05 07:05

Recent Threads
Spent my last dollar on...
3 Weeks Ago 13:27
Last post by Wicked Lady
2 Days Ago 12:43
Snakes are gonna take...
05-21-18 22:15
Last post by Sic Simon
2 Weeks Ago 15:52
What Are you Listening...
03-21-05 06:40
By Cucking Funt
Last post by Sic Simon
2 Weeks Ago 15:05
Who used to like the...
2 Weeks Ago 14:06
Last post by Sic Simon
2 Weeks Ago 14:06
If you've never heard of...
05-03-18 18:00
Last post by Baphamett
3 Weeks Ago 17:28
I Got Da' News Baby!
3 Weeks Ago 21:10
Last post by Baphamett
3 Weeks Ago 21:10
Online Users: 74
0 members and 74 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1928, 06-09-15 at 18:20.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com

© 2006 - 2016 Dark Forum | About Dark Forum | Advertisers | Investors | Legal | A member of the Crowdgather Forum Community