Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page X-men 2

Old 05-03-03   #1
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
X-men 2

Last night was opening night. There was a line for about two hours of people waiting in the theater for that room to open so they could get their seats. I waited an hour. It was worth it. Excellent movie. Wolverine is more 'raw' than he was in the last movie, and he kills more people. Hell, the previews are even good! (Matrix reloaded and the hulk). It was definitely worth the 6 dollar ticket. I'll be going back to see it again, that's for sure.
Old 05-03-03   #2
isaiyan
Face in the Mist

isaiyan
Credits: 1,790
i bought my ticket on Monday and i stood in line for two hours to see it on friday..

yes, i have to say it was a good movie..

of course, what happened to jean grey is just a set up for the phoenix (if you know that comic book storyline)..

i was upset that there was no gambit though

and the previews before the movie; matrix reloaded, hulk..

it's going to be a busy summer for movies..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-03   #3
Edge
Soi.

Edge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100,146
15 May Matrix Reloaded. Get ready.
(Click, Download DivX ISO, Sleep)
Ive gotta say what I wanna say
Your face doesnt show your fighting pose.
Old 05-04-03   #4
Archangel
GTH ЮMS rhngʣ

Archangel
Credits: 23,816

I saw it Saturday. Great movie. Double the action, more character development....The opening Nightcrawler scene was just exciting and spectacular. Hell, all of the movie was amazing and spectacular.
Remy Lebeau(sp?) Does make a guest appearance, just not the way you think. Hank McCoy does appear and says one line. Jubilee also makes another cameo and she has a line 0_0. Jubilee is fucking hot =D

Definitely worth the money and recognition it deserves.

Thanks for clicking

Old 05-04-03   #5
Sybs
Unfolding

Sybs is on a distinguished road
Credits: 202,566
My opinion? It sucked. The plot was so flat. There were highlights but they were swamped by the low points.
I suppose it didnt help that I had a kid pulling on my arm half the time needing the toilet, and the only seats we could get were right at the front, but I wouldnt go again (unless you paid me )

It may have something to do with the fact im a chick and I have much dislike for fantasy and sci-fi in general, but The Matrix did it for me. The sequel is going to be wicked.
Old 05-04-03   #6
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
The first one was very weak.... but this one saved the movie Series.... for Series it is going to be.... they portrayed Wolverine as he is supposed to be... bestial and a killing machine.... and the story had far more substance than the first one.... I hope they do not ruin the next one... which will of course be the rise of the Pheonix.....

S.O.D.

Old 05-04-03   #7
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Well put. I was afraid they would keep playing wolverine down, in order to keep the rating at PG13, but I was pleased with what they did with him. And on another note, the actor is perfect for wolverine.
Old 05-05-03   #8
Darling Apathy
Darkness Incarnate

Darling Apathy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,089
I watched the thing they did on HBO about it and I want to see it more than I did before. haha

My vices are cheaper than therapy.

You say I'm a bitch like its a bad thing.
Old 05-05-03   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
i was far from disappointed... i liked the first one, but this was much better... less introduction, more charachter development... the only problem i can see is that they keep adding new mutants pretty soon there will be too many to deal with.

yes, its a direct leadin to the phoenix saga, but i dont think ill be dissappointed... as long as they dont bring in the Shi'Ar...

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 05-05-03   #10
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,949
Hank mccoy does make an appearance?yay.Fuck Im a pretty big X-Men Fan,but I like to see the movie in peace,so im waiting it out til later this week.Dont know if it'll help any tho. Collosus Rules
Old 05-06-03   #11
errantrogue
which one, though?

mccoy is seen in a television interview... gambit's name is seen on a list... but in an obvious way.

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 05-06-03   #12
evilkitty
Naugty LiL Kitty

evilkitty will become famous soon enoughevilkitty will become famous soon enough
Credits: 100,603
X2 was awesome.I like it alot....I will get the DVD when it comes out..

Old 05-06-03   #13
*SpaceGhost*
none

*SpaceGhost* is on a distinguished road
Credits: 111,949
Im also looking forward to seeing kitty pryde.

Quote:
Jones asked DeSanto about plans for X-Men 3. He said the fate of a third X-Men film is ultimately up to moviegoers. He said, We'll know whether we'll make an X-Men 3 or not on May 3, 2003. Hopefully, everyone who wants an X-Men 3 will show up then. Tell each fan they have to bring 10 friends.
Old 05-06-03   #14
errantrogue
which one, though?

well... since they made 85 MILLION in three days... id say its a given.

Old 05-06-03   #15
Corpse_Fuker
Moans in the Night

Corpse_Fuker
Credits: 4,140
I fucken loved it. For all the reasons others did. Wolverine was great in this movie much more comic Logan then the last. The action was great if a little predictable. But I loved loved loved it. Only complaint is that Deathstrike should have been Sabretooth. They ruined the Sabertooth/Wolverine thing with the first movie but I still think if it had been Logan/Victor Creed the movie might have made a little more sense.
[color=sky blue]When I was eight years old, my mother told me... [/color] "Your nothing but a smoldering ember in the mighty furnace of the damned. You will never ammount to anything...so why even try..."

A Rogues Gallery...

Old 05-06-03   #16
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
i saw it on opening night with my ex boyfriend but got there right before previews started so i didn't have to wait in line. the place was packed! i thought that it was definitely better than the first and i liked the fact that they seemed to develop certain characters more in this movie than they did in the last one. i loved mystique, she and nightcrawler were fucking awesome! someone enlighten me though because i never got into the comic books. how did Jeane (sp?) get involved in the whole phoenix thing, i mean they're both totally different characters, right? and each one has their own powers and stuff...i'm just plain confused
Old 05-06-03   #17
Memorial Embers
if_then_else

Memorial Embers is on a distinguished road
Credits: 18,462
Quote:
Originally posted by silverflame
i saw it on opening night with my ex boyfriend but got there right before previews started so i didn't have to wait in line. the place was packed! i thought that it was definitely better than the first and i liked the fact that they seemed to develop certain characters more in this movie than they did in the last one. i loved mystique, she and nightcrawler were fucking awesome! someone enlighten me though because i never got into the comic books. how did Jeane (sp?) get involved in the whole phoenix thing, i mean they're both totally different characters, right? and each one has their own powers and stuff...i'm just plain confused
The story about Jean and the Phoenix is a long one and you can go read about it here. I only gave the site a quick glance but does look to give enough info about it all.
Old 05-07-03   #18
silverflame
a strange little lesbian

silverflame is on a distinguished road
Credits: 87,417
okay, that makes more sense now, thanks!
Old 05-08-03   #19
lovecraftian~tentacle
Darkness Incarnate

lovecraftian~tentacle is on a distinguished road
Credits: 31,743
well now....THATS an improvement.

good x-stuff:

bamfin' 'round the white house

wolvie pushin' that PG-13 for all its worth with the snikity-snikt!

colossus armoring up made me utter...."yes!"

the cold, almost reptillian looks of rebecca romijn-mystique

kelly hu. nuff' said

magneto playing "pinball" in his cell

nightcrawler's mid air snatch and grab

"whats your REAL name, john?"

the sliding/flipping of the bird

the ginsu infommercial....err...i mean fight between wolverine and lady deathstrike

not so good x-stuff:

still played a bit too much like WOLVERINE AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS rather than X-MEN. but i do understand why the spotlight shines that way.

hey! more cyclops please! geez. this is the guy who is basically the leader in the field and he disappears for most of the flick. the climax might have had a bit more impact IF cyclops would have been around to be a PART of the love triangle.

the last bit of the movie started to drag. needed to be tightened up a bit.

all in all...i had a good time. i look forward to see how they deal with the phoenix in the most assured to be X3.
Old 05-08-03   #20
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
with the rise of the hulk and spidey and all that, well im sure they'll make x3.

i liked it. twas good. then again i am a comic fan... muchly.

it had been prophecised, by kevin smith... written into jay and silent bob strike back...

"when x men hit at the box office, the movie companies started buying up all the comic books .... miramax chose bluntman and cronic."
(abridged)

the shit's coming true!

as for it, i like it! i love this stuff and i cant wait for em all... cant wait for shit like gambit, sentinels, and i fuckin lurve mistique. always been my favourite lady.
i'll definately be going to see all the comic book films that come out...

and if any have been made in the past that are really worth going out my way to find, please tell me...