Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page X-Men Movies

Old 08-10-04   #21
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

diogenes is on a distinguished road
Credits: 19,733
I would also like to see the 80's punked out Storm with the mohawk and leather vest. Beast did start out with a human look -as he appeared in X-men 2- but then became blue and furry when he took a chemical he created to get rid of his mutation, I think that would be a great subplot in X-men 3. Also the Angel was supposed to be in X-men 2 but they didn't end up using him- the props dept did make a pair of wings though, and you can see them in the X-ray documents in Strykers facility-you can also see Sabertooths skull and Lady Deathstrike's claws.
-Slim Pickens
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04   #22
drugstore cowboy
all blues

drugstore cowboy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 81,920
the next x-men movie is probably going to be alot different from the previous two. bryan singer and his team have signed on to make the new superman flick, and after that he's developing a remake of logan's run... so even if he were to direct the third movie it wouldn't be for a few more years. fox are apparently pissed that he's signed with warner bros. and have terminated the two year deal they had with him anyway. which means they'll have to get a whole new crew to develop the next film. personally, i can do without singer. i'd love a pedal to the metal version, straight from the comics. and fuck all that black leather shit! give me some yellow, some blue, some red... make it come to life for fuck's sake!!! add to that some time travelling shit with bishop and cable, and you've got one badass movie.
Old 08-10-04   #23
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

Cable's pointless ( created by Rob Liefeld what do you expect ) and I heard the singer is not completely off X-men 3-he's going to do superman but then I headr he was going to do X-Men 3 before Logan's Run remake ( how can you remake that movie? it's a classic man!)
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-10-04   #24
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
Cable rocks.
Did you know they actually made Cable into this super psychotic all powerful psychic mutant?
Yup.

X3 = Phoenix movie.
Who can stand against her? No one.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 08-10-04   #25
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

I still think he ( I just can't get past that Liefeld thing) sucks-did you know that Magog from kingdom come is based on Cable-ALex Ross said that Cable represented everything wrong in comics and therefore made him the bad guy
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-10-04   #26
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preston
X3 = Phoenix movie.
Who can stand against her? No one.
but, of course, Cyclops will end up saving the day by crying like a little wussy boy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 08-10-04   #27
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

Actually if they do it right Jean will kill herself-THEN cyclops cries like little wussy
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-12-04   #28
Harry Hard-On
It's Ok, You Can Touch It

Harry Hard-On is on a distinguished road
Credits: 70,066
Cyclops can't cry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|-| /-\ |2 |2 `/ |-| /-\ |2 |) - () |\|

Coldplay = Shit
I Don't Pay Prostitutes For Sex,
I Pay Them To Leave Afterward.

~Charlie Sheen
Old 08-12-04   #29
Harry Hard-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy
the next x-men movie is probably going to be alot different from the previous two. bryan singer and his team have signed on to make the new superman flick, and after that he's developing a remake of logan's run... so even if he were to direct the third movie it wouldn't be for a few more years. fox are apparently pissed that he's signed with warner bros. and have terminated the two year deal they had with him anyway. which means they'll have to get a whole new crew to develop the next film. personally, i can do without singer. i'd love a pedal to the metal version, straight from the comics. and fuck all that black leather shit! give me some yellow, some blue, some red... make it come to life for fuck's sake!!! add to that some time travelling shit with bishop and cable, and you've got one badass movie.
Word.
I totally agree with you on the black leather shit. I would have liked to see a little individuality. Bishop and Cable would be bad ass, provided that Gambit still shows up. Of course this won't happen, like someone stated above this is Pheonix's time to shine.

And as for who could kick Pheonix's ass, Apocolypse might be able to hadle it...

Coldplay = Shit

~Charlie Sheen
Old 08-12-04   #30
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

again-Cable, Bishop, Gambit-pointless, just variations on the same character-theres a reason they've been trying to phase these characters out of the comics the last few years ( except they can't get rid of Gambit for some reason) Please take it from the resident, self-proclaimed X-Men expert, these guys suck, As for the film, BRYAN SINGER IS STILL DOING IT!!! and if you poor too many more x-men into the main story it's going to topple over-I like the cameos-collosus-kitty-siren-jubilee-( I do think Juby should get a more prominant role in X-men 3-she's the only ( minor) character whose actress has'nt changed last two movies, and we did see pyro's (although,again, a different actor) get pumped up from the first film. I personnaly would love to see retuning characters- Mastermind ( did'nt actually see him die in X-men 2) Toad (love Ray Park)-Sabertooth and maybe bring in the Blob-Get the Whole Brotherhood of Evil Mutants behind Magneto against the X-men with the power of Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in the middle of it all. Now thats a fucking X-men movie man!
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-12-04   #31
errantrogue
which one, though?

meh... im of two minds... Good Ole' Gandalf is getting on in the years, so they should use them while they can (at least until they can work in the story where he's de-aged). but magnus as a charachter is being overused a little. i need something new, not the same ole retreads. one movie, fine... two movies, max... three movies... well, that's just overdoing it villain-wise. there's a reason that villians only appear every so often in comics and series.

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.

Last edited by errantrogue; 08-12-04 at 14:44.
Old 08-12-04   #32
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181
I'd rather see Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Phoenix clash.
Screw everyone else.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Old 08-12-04   #33
errantrogue
which one, though?

hmm... juggernaut... i'd like to see him pop up in the next spiderman. you know, as a opening sequence villain. i can think of a scene that comes to mind from some old issues (70s i think, maybe 60s)... juggs and spidey are fighting in a construction zone and, to defeat him, spidey lures him into a deep pool of cement. sure, it won't kill him, but hell have a hard time getting out.

Old 08-13-04   #34
Harry Hard-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by errantrogue
meh... im of two minds... Good Ole' Gandalf is getting on in the years, so they should use them while they can (at least until they can work in the story where he's de-aged). but magnus as a charachter is being overused a little. i need something new, not the same ole retreads. one movie, fine... two movies, max... three movies... well, that's just overdoing it villain-wise. there's a reason that villians only appear every so often in comics and series.
I hate typing this, but I agree with you.

I would like to see a new director, new villians, and new X-Men.
I was really happy to hear that Halle is not returning, fuck her, I'm glad.

Get some new blood into the franchise. I want to see Rouge get her full powers meet Gambit - Leave Iceman. I want to see Beast and Angel join the team. I want to have the team go up agaisnt Apocolypse or Sinister or The Hellfire Club.

I think a great story arc for the third movie would be to introduce The Hellfire Club as they try to sway Jean to join them so they can gain control of the Pheonix. The X-Men say fuck that! And a great battle of the two organizations ensues.

SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

They don't have to keep using EVERY mutant that they introduced in the past two films. I would not mind seeing cameos by some of them I.E. Storm, Nightcrawler, Sabertooth. But not have them have lead roles. Bring in some new people and let them take over as the X-Men that the story arc follows.

Coldplay = Shit

~Charlie Sheen
Old 08-13-04   #35
errantrogue
which one, though?

for rogue to get her full power, wouldn't we need carol danvers?

i mean, the only mutants we've seen so far with any flying abilities have been Magnus and Storm

Old 08-13-04   #36
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

they could 'create' a character that has the same powers as Danvers and then have rogue to her full abilities, she could develop them over some of the movie and use them to try to beat jean when she goes Dark Phoenix.
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-13-04   #37
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

I take it back SInger is now officially off the third movie-damn, there goes the franchise
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-13-04   #38
errantrogue
which one, though?

same shit that happened with Burton and Batman... and look what happened after HE left?

so... we can expect two, maybe three shitty sequels before the fans revolt and MAYBE the studios listen and give a damn and get a good director/story...

god... campy x-men... haven't seen that since Wolvie was dating Mariko.

Old 08-14-04   #39
diogenes
Rational Anarchist

Anything after they started the 'X-men' ( just plain X-men) was pretty bad untill after that whole Maggot/ Marrow thing is pretty bad ( if we see them in a movie it's officially over, man). I think the studio will try to get somebody decent to avoid another Shumacher incident-I still want his head on a spit. thiey're looking at Joss Whedon right now.
-Slim Pickens
Old 08-15-04   #40
Harry Hard-On

Hey, simply beacause B. Singer is not on board does not necessarily mean that we have a 'Batman Forever' situation on hand.

It could be a good thing...

Maybe we will get someone that is familiar with the comics and who will stay true to the characters and storylines.

Coldplay = Shit

~Charlie Sheen