Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Gay marriage illegal?

Old 08-02-03   #41
Lillith

Personally I don't think you should be shagging your brother, sister, mother, father etc. That is my personal opinion on it. But I imagine from say, their perspective they may be inclined to debate that they have as much right as anyone to express their feelings, verbally and physically. Which really is a moral dilemma, and whose moral criteria should society's "rules" be based on? I don't have a problem with same sex marriages at all, but I do have a problem with incest.
Old 08-02-03   #42
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Why shouldnt people have sex inside their own family? Sure it disgusts most people, more than homosexualy but that might just be the result of a oppressive society.
Heh it was based on biology. Incest and to a lesser extent homosexuality are able to mutate or end a genetic lineage. To an extent that pseudo-eugenics morality makes much more sense than any method of psychological explaining away the more bizare forms of human sexuality in favour of whatever is the currently culturaly accepted forms.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-03   #43
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,625
I have to agree with Lillith in that I find incest disgusting. On the other hand, I can see where Red is coming from. It's society that has programmed us to think it's wrong. In some countries it is totally acceptable, and even 'normal'.

On the other hand - yes, I have three, there are many genetic defaults associated with in-breeding which in my opinion strengthens the view that it should not be legal. By saying that - I am not being disrespectfull to disabled ppl, or their families, I just know that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to take care of said person, and I know that those ppl face a life of prejudice and ridicule sadly.
Old 08-03-03   #44
Defiant_Angel
New Blood

Defiant_Angel
Credits: 1,270
I've got got nothing against gay marriage in fact if a farmer wanted to marry his goat I can't see the problem

one canít change the world but one can start a revolution
Old 08-04-03   #45
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,441
it wont happen, typcally i HATE Bush but im actually glad hes trying to get Congress to define the meaning of marriage between a man and a woman... the whole 2 men love each other they should be able to get married is bullshit...

i think they should be able to get a civil union for tax purposes and insurance and such, but any further is just more fag agenda encroaching on non gay area. If we legalize gay marriage we will have to legalize incettual marriage as well as polygamy i mean c'mon is a couple of cousins love each other and want to be together or a group of women all love one man and they want to be together they have the right yeah? wrong!
Old 08-04-03   #46
SSJAoshi
my avys bigger than yours

Location: the wonderful word of hentai. oh how beutiful it is!
SSJAoshi is on a distinguished road
Credits: 50,658
so......... the only person here who dont think gays should marry is billy (if im wrong its prolly cuz i skipped the whole middle part)

anyway... im with anti.... as long as they dont stick anything up my ass im fine with it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-04-03   #47
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

thats you, and youre entitled ot your opinion, however the vast majority of americans actually beleive its wrong and will not allow it. Even many democrats are against it.. if they want a civil union FINE im ALL for that! but to tread upon marriage and make it even MORE fucked up and less important than it already has become is not acceptable. I for one am GLAD that Bush is having them define marriage as a union between a man and a woman...

if they allow gay marriage

incestual, beastial, and polygamy are NOT far behind.
Old 08-04-03   #48
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Why would two homosexuals getting married make it less important? It's still a huge commitment :/
Old 08-04-03   #49
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

its not a huge commitment, the facts are that gays are not very monogomous, not to mention the fact that marriage is defined through religious contexts, to let gays (which is against most religions to begin with) get married would not only weaken and tarnish the marriage but the religion itself. Some things are best kept sacred, this Gay marriage bullshit will never happen in the USA, and i thank god for that every day. I dont I believe in progress, but not at thye cost of some of our most cherished and sacred institutions, im afraid gays will have to settle for Civil unions.

As i said before, if you allow gays ot marry on the basis of "hey who can stand between two people in love"

then sooner or later we have to allow incestual marriage, man/animal marriage, 13 year olds getting married and Polygamy.
Old 08-04-03   #50
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

I wouldn't have a religious ceremony either - to me, marriage is a commitment to each other, not to God, but that's just my own personal opinion and I respect people who have religious views on marriage. That said, though, if I straight couple can have a civil ceremony, I don't see why a gay couple shouldn't.

As for incestual marriage, bestial marriage and 'underage marriage' as I said before, I think this is disgusting, but I also know that society has taught me it's wrong. I think that would be taking things to an extreme, and I don't think it would ever be accepted. I think gay marriage will though.

I know I ramble on - but it's hard to argue a point when you can see both sides of a situation.
Old 08-04-03   #51
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

gay marriage is actually not as acceptable as any of those kinds because theyre all wrong. society still says gay is wrong, this is why something like 7 out of ever 10 americans are saying NO to gay marriage. it just wont eve rhappen.. i am ALL for civil unions for gays, if they want the same tax benefits and medical insurance benfiets and all that kind of stuff i say YES!! but when they are capible of getting that and they STILL press for gay MARRIAGE i as well as the rest of american stand up and say NO!
Old 08-04-03   #52
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

I trust Marriage to you is strictly in the religious sense then?

I dunno, it's one of those things that people will always disagree about I guess.
Old 08-04-03   #53
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,653
marriage was created by religion wasn't it? i mean really, do you have to have a ring and some paperwork to hold a promise to someone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 08-04-03   #54
ShotDownStar
roar indeed

ShotDownStar will become famous soon enough
Credits: 169,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd
its not a huge commitment, the facts are that gays are not very monogomous,

God i hat that fucking stereotype, just because every single gay person that you've ever known would fuck any thing as long as its the same sex does mean they all do goddamnit.

and i would like to point out there are straight people who are "not very monogomous" also, i mean jesus christ i really think half the world is until they find someone that makes them stop looking. look at yourself, you have the numbers but your current girl has turned that around, if someone's really in love that's what happens and they should be allowed to show the world that they're commited to eachother for better or worse.

and yes, people at the moment can actually get gay married, they just have to have a very thick stack of paperwork to have the legal rights of a married couple, a stack that's two sheets long for straight people.
Old 08-04-03   #55
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,653
girl, get your damn pc fixed.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
Old 08-04-03   #56
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,161
I seriously do not care. I don't think it can lead to anything bad.. or freaky.. I'm sure it won't cause earthquakes or floods.. or fiery brimstone or blah blah..
Old 08-04-03   #57
Lillith

Bestial marriages? :laugh: Isn't that just a bar joke? When did this become part of this particular topic? Ah the quirky comedy relief thanks to Redmeat. Billy uses it as a genuine point of reference. I do not think you can consider anything a marriage where one partner is unable to say "I do" as an actual marriage. So to compare animal/human marriages to gay ones and use that as a "well if they allow gay marriages you may as well allow these" as a point of argument I have to say, sounds beyond ludicrous. With 6 billion (and counting) people in the world I honestly don't see why one would have to/need to shag your own family. I mean god.... Mia pointed out pertinent aspects, the results of interbreeding on a physiological level. And that is why it is against the law. Gay men and women do not hold the same threat to the current prospering birth rate. I hold by the opinion that Love cannot be defined by colour, creed or sex. And that does not include having a demented urge to screw your dinner.

Last edited by Lillith; 08-04-03 at 16:55.
Old 08-04-03   #58
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith
Bestial marriages? :laugh: Isn't that just a bar joke? When did this become part of this particular topic? Ah the quirky comedy relief thanks to Redmeat. Billy uses it as a genuine point of reference. I do not think you can consider anything a marriage where one partner is unable to say "I do" as an actual marriage. So to compare animal/human marriages to gay ones and use that as a "well if they allow gay marriages you may as well allow these" as a point of argument I have to say it sounds beyond ludicrous. With 6 billion (and counting) people in the world I honestly don't see why one would have to/need to shag your own family. I mean god.... Mia pointed out pertinent aspects, the results of interbreeding on a physiological level. And that is why it is against the law. Gay men and women do not hold the same threat to the current prospering birth rate. I hold by the opinion that Love cannot be defined by colour, creed or sex. And that does not include having a demented urge to screw your dinner.
I agree! But what if that dinner was Pizza? I'd definitely do a pizza!
Old 08-04-03   #59
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Parrots could say I do.

With 3 billion females in the world I dont see why you`d have to choose a guy but different (ass) strokes for different folks.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 08-04-03   #60
Lillith

Haha yes well that was geared towards those who eat flesh.