Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Blatant social prejudice

Old 05-17-07   #1
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Agrimony_ Coal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,274
Blatant social prejudice

Today for the first time in my life I was faced with blatant social prejudice, and confronted it head on from the “other side”…

I am newly single mom, having come from being a stay at home mom and lived a comfortable lifestyle in an upper middle class neighborhood. Being that my children and I were in a very unhealthy situation in regards to my ex-husband, we had to leave and forge a new path on our own. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to face in my life.

Now I’m staring over from ground zero. Due to the fact that I lack any real viable job skills, I have to work my ass off trying to climb that ladder. Fortunately, because of my hard work I am now being trained for management, which I’ve been able to achieve in a relatively short period of time. Unfortunately, I am still dealing with shit wages, not to mention I don’t get a dime from my ex. Nevertheless, I’m proud I am doing it on my own. With that being said, my children and I are forced to live in subsidize housing, a hard pill to swallow for me.

So this is what happened today…

I was getting myself ready for work tomorrow, for I get up at 3:15 am every morning. My oldest daughter was watching my youngest (20months) while I was in the bathroom. My oldest daughter and her friend decided to leave the house and unknowingly left the front door wide open, unbeknownst to me. As I come out, aprox 20min later, I quickly realize my baby is gone!!! My oldest daughter was outside playing with her friend, while my baby had walked out the front door and into the parking lot. My heart stopped, I thought I was seriously going to get sick!!! I ran outside and there my baby was in the arms of a police officer with onlookers standing by.

To make a long story short, I was quickly type cast and interrogated. There is a huge mix of people in this complex, which is why for the sake of my children, I keep to myself. However, because of the situation, being a single mom, and the tweekers I’m surrounded by within this complex, I was quickly lumped into same category. If this same accident had happened when I was married and living in my former beautiful home, in such a posh upper class neighborhood, I would not have been treated in the way in which I was. A huge slap of reality right in my face!!!
Old 05-17-07   #2
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,581
i've got a few questions for you...

-why was your daughter and her friend up at 3:45am?

-how old is your daughter?

now, while marriage is a giant steaming sack of shit and i don't know why people still commit themselves to the waiting period of "marriage" until divorce finally sets in, i can still feel for you having to start over.

with that being said, watch your fucking kids. you live in a crackhead/tweaker home development. if that officer wasn't there then a drugged out lunatic could've been, which no doubt would be worse. you got a smack on the hand. now go buy chain locks for every door in your house and install them high enough that your kids can't get out, no matter how much they hate it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07   #3
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArSiNiK View Post
i've got a few questions for you...

-why was your daughter and her friend up at 3:45am?

-how old is your daughter?

now, while marriage is a giant steaming sack of shit and i don't know why people still commit themselves to the waiting period of "marriage" until divorce finally sets in, i can still feel for you having to start over.

with that being said, watch your fucking kids. you live in a crackhead/tweaker home development. if that officer wasn't there then a drugged out lunatic could've been, which no doubt would be worse. you got a smack on the hand. now go buy chain locks for every door in your house and install them high enough that your kids can't get out, no matter how much they hate it.
No, this happened at 7pm. Because I have to get up so early, I shower and get everything ready the night before. And I do watch my children, my oldest is 12, totally able to unlock all doors etc. Needless to say she and I had a serious talk.
Old 05-18-07   #4
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
your daughter is no doubt just getting used to the new crack house arrangement too. i'd give her a 'get out of jail free' card, which it sounds like you did. a 12 year old can't grasp the gravity of a crackhead, hopefully she'll never have to. most kids probably think a crackhead is like dave chappelle playing tyrone. you need to tell her that he isn't a clown, he's a dude that will rape and kill her.

enough of the sad shit though, so which young hot chick did your husband leave you for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-18-07   #5
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrimony_ Coal View Post

To make a long story short, I was quickly type cast and interrogated. There is a huge mix of people in this complex, which is why for the sake of my children, I keep to myself. However, because of the situation, being a single mom, and the tweekers Iím surrounded by within this complex, I was quickly lumped into same category. If this same accident had happened when I was married and living in my former beautiful home, in such a posh upper class neighborhood, I would not have been treated in the way in which I was. A huge slap of reality right in my face!!!
Sounds familiar. Get the fuck out of there as soon as possible.
Old 05-18-07   #6
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
your daughter is no doubt just getting used to the new crack house arrangement too. i'd give her a 'get out of jail free' card, which it sounds like you did. a 12 year old can't grasp the gravity of a crackhead, hopefully she'll never have to. most kids probably think a crackhead is like dave chappelle playing tyrone. you need to tell her that he isn't a clown, he's a dude that will rape and kill her.

enough of the sad shit though, so which young hot chick did your husband leave you for?
Ha!

Well your fairly close. I left him due to former infidelities and a serious addiction to pain medication (a white collar addict). Over the years he changed drastically and I woke up one day saying to myself "who the fuck is this?"
Old 05-18-07   #7
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

nifty. so how far north are you in vegas? like cracky MLK blvd and beyond or way past it like craig rd?

Old 05-18-07   #8
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synikul View Post
Sounds familiar. Get the fuck out of there as soon as possible.
I want out more than you know! My lease will be up in November and I'm out of this shit hole!!!

I know we come across as snobs, for I don't let my daughter socialize with most of the children with the exception of one whom I trust, as well as, her parents. I could give a rats ass!!!

By the way, thanks!
Old 05-18-07   #9
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
nifty. so how far north are you in vegas? like cracky MLK blvd and beyond or way past it like craig rd?
I'm actually in Reno, a California transplant.
Old 05-18-07   #10
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

Quote:
I'm actually in Reno, a California transplant.
what made you choose reno?

Old 05-18-07   #11
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
what made you choose reno?
Well... Nevada, to get far enough away from my ex and also I have a network of friends here. If I did not have such great friends I don't know what I would do...
Old 05-18-07   #12
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

true, a support group always helps when you're going through relationship shit. why the cracky apartments though? did you go straight onto welfare when you got to nevada? i'm sure you could've snagged a smaller place in a non crackhead neighborhood, right?

Old 05-18-07   #13
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 656,348
Quote:
Today for the first time in my life I was faced with blatant social prejudice, and confronted it head on from the ďother sideĒÖ

I am newly single mom, having come from being a stay at home mom and lived a comfortable lifestyle in an upper middle class neighborhood. Being that my children and I were in a very unhealthy situation in regards to my ex-husband, we had to leave and forge a new path on our own. The hardest thing Iíve ever had to face in my life.

Now Iím staring over from ground zero. Due to the fact that I lack any real viable job skills, I have to work my ass off trying to climb that ladder. Fortunately, because of my hard work I am now being trained for management, which Iíve been able to achieve in a relatively short period of time. Unfortunately, I am still dealing with shit wages, not to mention I donít get a dime from my ex. Nevertheless, Iím proud I am doing it on my own. With that being said, my children and I are forced to live in subsidize housing, a hard pill to swallow for me.

So this is what happened todayÖ

I was getting myself ready for work tomorrow, for I get up at 3:15 am every morning. My oldest daughter was watching my youngest (20months) while I was in the bathroom. My oldest daughter and her friend decided to leave the house and unknowingly left the front door wide open, unbeknownst to me. As I come out, aprox 20min later, I quickly realize my baby is gone!!! My oldest daughter was outside playing with her friend, while my baby had walked out the front door and into the parking lot. My heart stopped, I thought I was seriously going to get sick!!! I ran outside and there my baby was in the arms of a police officer with onlookers standing by.

To make a long story short, I was quickly type cast and interrogated. There is a huge mix of people in this complex, which is why for the sake of my children, I keep to myself. However, because of the situation, being a single mom, and the tweekers Iím surrounded by within this complex, I was quickly lumped into same category. If this same accident had happened when I was married and living in my former beautiful home, in such a posh upper class neighborhood, I would not have been treated in the way in which I was. A huge slap of reality right in my face!!!
Oldest is in the teens, and the youngest is 20 months? Fucking Christ. Don't you people know about birth control?

Old 05-18-07   #14
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
true, a support group always helps when you're going through relationship shit. why the cracky apartments though? did you go straight onto welfare when you got to nevada? i'm sure you could've snagged a smaller place in a non crackhead neighborhood, right?
Well, being that I am prideful person, I refuse to go on welfare, I'd rather work two jobs. This was the only place I could get due to the finacial ruin I was left in and having to file for bankruptcy (my ex ran our business into the ground, drained all of our accounts etc, etc. Of course he did all this after I walked out that door).
Old 05-18-07   #15
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady View Post
Oldest is in the teens, and the youngest is 20 months? Fucking Christ. Don't you people know about birth control?
Easy to make gross generalizations without knowing the whole story.
Old 05-18-07   #16
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

It's easy to swallow a fucking pill and not squirt out kids like your vagina is a conveyor belt and then bitch about not having any money.

Old 05-18-07   #17
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

for the record: i would love a conveyor belt full of vagina.

Old 05-18-07   #18
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
for the record: i would love a conveyor belt full of vagina.
You live in California.

Old 05-18-07   #19
Agrimony_ Coal
Lurks in the Shadows

Quote:
It's easy to swallow a fucking pill and not squirt out kids like your vagina is a conveyor belt and then bitch about not having any money.
Your ignorance is dumfouding.

We had everything we needed, very comfortable. Sometimes shit happens out of ones control, and you have to make the best of it. What happened to me can happen to any woman, no matter how well they plan.
Old 05-18-07   #20
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

Pyrric Dicktory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,493
Quote:
you wouldnt know anything about that, would you?

JUST ME AND YOU FOREVER.............................